OOPS.

Birthday.

 

Sehun's POV.

 

Julienne sounded flurried and I was surprised. She wanted to see me immediately. I wondered why. I reminded her that is was 10:00pm. It made no sense to want to see me at that time, but Julienne sounded really down. I reminded her that the next day was a working day. She was silent for a while and then she told  me that she remembered it quite well. Finally Julienne told me that she was going to Starbucks Coffee nearby anyway and that I could choose to come or not as I pleased. To be completely honest, to me, she was the  woman who I admired most in my life, so naturally I went. I had always admired her from afar. In truth, I worshipped her but do not dare to approach her. I think that I was not good for her. I loved her  too much to even dream that she could be a little interested in me. She deserved a better man. I slipped on my V-neck T-shirt and dashed off.

 

Julienne was already there when I arrived and drinking her mocha. I ordered one too and joined her. She gave me a sad look then dragged her chair close to me. I could see that she was about to confide in me. I was nervous.

 

“I love someone,”

she whispered.

 

My heart sank as any hope that I had sank. I looked at her with pretended concern and forced a smile.

 

“But he does not know that I exist,”

she whispered.

 

I shook my head in pretended sympathy. Then she sipped her mocha slowly. I went into a long lecture telling her how wonderful she was and how he was probably not worthy of her if he did not know she existed and so on and on. She sat looking down with her head in her hands. I was a little surprised, because she had always struck me as a strong person who was master of her feelings.

 

I was in a sorry situation and felt very stupid. The girl of my dreams was actually in front of me and confiding in me and I was actually consoling her about her inconsiderate lover! I felt like getting up and running. If not for the fact that I did not want to be known as a poor loser, I would have left. Seeing her that she was probably not listening to a word I said, I stopped talking. Then after a full five minutes she looked up at me. She looked so sad.

 

“How do you know he does not care for you?”

I asked as kindly as I could manage. She looked at me and her eyes teared; then she stood up suddenly.

 

“Because, if you did care you would have not forgotten that today is my birthday, you moron!” ,

she shouted.

 

My throat went dry as what she meant hit me. I looked around at the dazed faces. Cups of coffee were stopped in mid sip as dozens of pairs of eyes glared at us. I looked back at my companion and saw her making for the door. I ran after her and laid my hand on her shoulders.

 

“I…….do …….care,”

I stammered,

 

“I just do not dare to tell you.”

 

Julienne turned and looked at me. I saw a cheeky smile appearing at the corner of her lips.

 

“Happy Birthday,”

I whispered.

 

“Who cares about birthdays?”

She whispered and leaned forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun hugged her and held her close.

“Happy Birthday,”  he whispered again as a warm tingling sensation filled his entired being.

 

THE END.

 

PS: This story will be having a sequel, soon. ;)

PSS: It will be a . ;)