제 1 장

Dear Sister

Months before

October 10, 2012

 

"I'm leaving first!"

"Yeah, take care!" Taeyeon shout back at her little sister who was living early in the morning to work.

29 years old Kim Taeyeon, and her younger sister Kim Yoona, 27 years old.

The both sisters were now living together in the same big apartment.

Taeyeon and Yoona loved each other so much. They were really close to each other. They were always together. Wherever one go, the other will also go.

But it wasn't like that always.

They had actually got much closer since their mother died 2 years ago, when there was an assault at their mother coffee shop.

That day both sisters had a fight over a guy. It was the first time they had fought about such thing.

Taeyeon had resentment toward Yoona, since they were little; Yoona always got the best things. She was the youngest in the family, that's why their parents always gave her more than to Taeyeon.

Yoona was the perfect daughter; she was smart, kind, nice, beautiful, and obedient. At difference of Taeyeon, who was rebel, she was expelled from school multiples of times until she finally decided to no go to college.

But her parents' attention to Yoona wasn't the only thing that made her hate her sister, it was the attention that the guys gave to Yoona.

Because of Yoona, Taeyeon had lost a couple of her boyfriends, they had said that they didn't love her anymore and after a couple of days later, a big bouquet of flowers arrived to the door, to Yoona from Taeyeon's ex.

Yoona had never dated her sister's boyfriends or ex boyfriends. But Taeyeon didn't believe that.

She always thought Yoona had seduced them.

Their mom never liked to heard, neither see her daughters fighting. They were sisters; they were supposed to protect each other, to love each other more than anything else in this world. Seeing them fighting over a guy, their mom was hurt.

The day of the assault, after they fought, Taeyeon ran away.

"Behave please! You are sisters!" were the last words their crying mother said, Yoona had left the shop also to go find her sister. And there was when everything happened.

When Yoona came back she just found her mother's bloody body on the floor.

When Taeyeon had come back again to the store, she found her sister crying non-stop at the floor next to her mom's body. Taeyeon felt guilty.

They worked now in the coffee shop, together. And ever since that night, they stick together.

Wanting their mom to see they were close now, that they didn't fight.

They loved each other and protected each other, even more now.

 

 

"Good morning everyone!" Yoona greeted the two other workers at the shop, taking off her coat and walking toward the small office at the back to put on her apron to start work.

She came out again to find the two workers mesmerized looking outside the window.

"Excuse me! What are you doing?" Yoona walked toward the two girls who just ignored her. Then she lightly tapped the short girl's shoulder "Sunny, Tiffany... What's wrong? I'm calling you!" she said smiling.

"That hottie baby..." Tiffany said without move her gaze off of the outside.

Yoona looked outside too "What?"

In front of the coffee shop there was a mechanical workshop. A few months before, a new worker was hired. And it wasn't a lie that he was a very attractive man.

It was the kind of man women would look at if he passed by.

Yoona coughed looking away from the window trying to catch their attention.

"Ah that's right, you don't like him." Sunny complained.

"How can you not like him? He is such a HOT man." Tiffany smirked.

"We are opening; go clean the tables, please." Yoona indicate them.

Both rolled their eyes and went to do what they were told.

"Pff yeah right and you stay watching him." Tiffany whispered and Sunny laughed.

Yoona wasn't really close to them, not like her sister was.

"Where is Taeyeonie?" Sunny asked while she cleaned a table "She won't come to work yet?"

Yoona shook her head "No, she will arrive later."

"Why?"

"She wasn't feeling like coming work earlier." Yoona explained, looking outside for the last time before walking away.

 

The new worker at the mechanical workshop always came to the shop for coffee. He was really friendly and nice to all the workers at the coffee shop, especially with Yoona.

Yoona had tried to not get close with him. It was already too burdensome to try to be likeable to Sunny and Tiffany. If she got close with Taecyeon, Sunny and Tiffany would think wrong of her, especially because Taeyeon liked him.

 

"Hey!"

Taecyeon looked behind him to see who was calling him, cleaning the grease off of his hands he looked at the short smiling girl.

"Hi" he said bowing his head respectfully.

"I told you to not do that." she said smiling.

Taecyeon cleared his throat "Ehmm... yeah... Do you... need help?" he asked to the smiling petite girl who shook her head.

"Nope"

"Then... your car..." he looked at the car parked in front, thinking it was hers since he didn't saw it there until now.

"Ah I don't have a car." she said giggling.

"So..." Taecyeon said confused.

"I was just passing by, and decided to come greet." she explained, Taecyeon just nodded "I was just coming to work, would you like me to bring you something?" Taeyeon then asked.

"Taeyeon-ssi..."

"I told you to not use honorifics." Taeyeon interrupted him pushing his arm playfully "So, Taecyeon~ I should Should I bring you anything?" she asked again.

"No, no... I'm fine. If I want something, I will go." before he could turn around Taeyeon held his arm making him stay still.

"Work is hard, you just need to call me, and I will deliver you personally." she giggled holding her phone out.

"There is no need Taeyeon-ssi." He said holding his hand in front refusing to give her his number.

"Oppa, when you will treat me nicely?" she pouted.

"What?"

"Listen, I like you..." she said "...and I wanted to ask you out."

"Again... When will you..." he tried to ask looking around awkwardly.

"I'm this kind of girl." Taeyeon said. Taecyeon sighed "You will come over later for your coffee right? Let's have a talk, about this." she suggested giving him a bright smile before made her way toward the cafe.

"Yah Taec! What are you doing there?" one of Taecyeon's friends asked him walking toward, Taecyeon stood still.

"Nothing Wooyoung, just the worker of the coffee shop again...she asked me out..." he said.

His friend laughed "That girl still stalking you?"

"Yah!" Taecyeon hit his arm but his friend kept laughing.

"Come to work now, you later will think of your girl."

 

When Taecyeon first came to the coffee shop, all the girls fell for him, even Yoona. Though she hide it from everyone, and didn't show it as much as everyone, she was.

Yoona had never fallen for a guy the first time she saw. But there was something in him that made her fall in love just by the first time she saw him.

Taeyeon, on the other side, was so direct and honest about her feelings. Whenever she liked someone she was the first in give the first step, and this wasn't the exception. She liked Taecyeon. And the latest months she had been behind him asking him out multiples of times, but never succeeds. Even her friends, Tiffany and Sunny, who also felt something for Taecyeon, had helped her to conquer him.

 

"I arrived!!" Taeyeon walked inside the shop walking toward her sister smiling brightly.

"Look at you! What happened?" Sunny asked when she passed by next to her.

"You look so happy!" Tiffany who had came from taking an order said.

"Nothing, just... Taecyeon..." Sunny and Tiffany gasped throwing the tray and notebook away giving all their attention to Taeyeon, Yoona laughed taking the tray and notebook she went to take and give the orders by herself.

"What did you said?"

"What did he said?" both started to question her.

"I asked him to go out with me." Taeyeon explained.

"Oh my god!!"

"And he said yes?" Sunny asked exciting.

"He said nothing..."

"Like always..." the two whined.

"...later he will come for his coffee so I told him to have a talk with me."  the girls started to laugh and talk about that.

"Excuse me...” Yoona walked toward them and placed the tray and notebook in the counter where the girls were "We have a lot of clients today."

Sunny and Tiffany rolled her eyes "We'll talk later." Taeyeon said smiling and walked at the back of the store.

"Always ruining the moment Yoona…” Sunny said walking at the back to prepare the coffee ordered.

"I'm sorry, but we are working right now, you know." Yoona apologized.

"Well done, well done..." Tiffany said before walking away to take orders.

Taeyeon then went out, still smiling brightly, to start to work.

"Unnie..." Yoona held her arm.

"What happen?"

"Nothing, just... I didn't wanted to ruin your conversation with Sunny and Tiffany unnie, but you know we are working and at this time there are a lot of clients." Yoona quietly said, her sister laughed and tapped her shoulder.

"I know that, you are the youngest yet act more mature than me. Of course, we shouldn't have stopped to talk, we are working. Did those two told you something? I'll scold them!" Taeyeon said.

Yoona shook her head "No, is ok."

Taeyeon then laughed "Ok, I'll go work now." she her sister’s hair before she started to walk away.

 

 

"Ahhh~ is almost 9." Sunny sigh after she came for the last orders.

Taeyeon sighed too "Pretty busy day." Tiffany said.

The three girls were talking, waiting for the coffee to come out. Yoona was cleaning a table next to the front door, when the sudden ring of the door opening made her look at it. "Welcome!" she bowed her head, looking up at the familiar tall man.

He smiled "Hi" Yoona smiled also. The two stayed there at the door, just looking at each other smiling.

"Oh! Taeyeon! Look at that!" Tiffany tapped Taeyeon's shoulder and pointed at the door. Taeyeon and Sunny looked back, to see Taecyeon and Yoona.

"What is Yoona doing with him?"

"Does she like him also?" Sunny and Tiffany whispered at each other, but Taeyeon was able to hear them, walking out the courter and toward them.

"Oh, Taecyeon, you arrive!" she smiled when she reach him. Both looked at Taeyeon.

Yoona smile faded.

"Hi" he bowed again.

"I told you to not do that!" Taeyeon hit his arm playfully. Yoona looked at both of them. Taecyeon just looked down and awkwardly coughed.

"Let's have a talk." Taeyeon said holding his arm and leading him to a table.

"Unnie, Taecyeon-ssi came for his coffee." Yoona shyly said.

Taeyeon smiled "Then, Taecyeon, let me serve you coffee and let's talk."

Yoona looked away "I just came for my coffee Taeyeon-ssi." he said trying to pull his arm away.

Taeyeon shook her head "Yoona, could you please attend the last clients?" she then asked. Yoona looked at her and nodded.

"Yes unnie." she the bowed to Taecyeon and walked away.

"Come here Taecyeon." Taeyeon held his hand leading him to the last table "Girls!" she called Tiffany and Sunny to come over. Taecyeon scratched his head. It was really uncomfortable to be around the 3 of them, looking at him at the same time.

"Oppa~~..."

"...you arrived~~" the two girls said with aegyo.

Taecyeon bowed his head at them awkwardly.

"What would you like to drink?" Sunny asked in a cutely manner.

"Ca..."

"Cappuccino… as always." Taeyeon interrupted him.

"Don't you want...cookies too?" Tiffany asked leaning on the table "Mines are really yummy..." she bite down her lip, Taecyeon looked away.

"Yah! Tiffany!!" Taeyeon pushed her away.

"I was just asking."

"I just want..." Taecyeon stood up "...Yoona, please could you make me a cappuccino." Yoona looked at him smiling and nodded.

"Taecyeon! I'll make it!" Taeyeon stood up also holding his arm.

"Taeyeon, could you please stop!" Taecyeon said frustrated.

"You didn't use honorifics!" she didn't care the tone in what he talked and just smiled. Taecyeon rolled his eyes pulling his arm away and walking toward the counter.

"Taecyeon that's a good start for our relationship!" she ran behind him.

"What are you talking about Taeyeon?! There is not..." he yelled "..I don't want to date you!"

Yoona who had just brought the cappuccino stood still at what she just heard. She saw the obvious sadness in her sister’s eyes.

"Why you don't like me Taecyeon?! Eh? Am I really a little thing to you?" all the people in the coffee shop were starting at them.

"Taecyeon-ssi, please take your coffee and leave." Yoona said quietly. Taecyeon looked at her and bowed, taking out a few bills, placing them on the counter and walking out after taking his coffee.

Sunny and Tiffany went to attend the clients.

"Unnie..." Yoona whispered holding her sister's arm. She wiped her tears away and walked to the back office.

"Unnie!" Yoona followed her.

"I'll see you at home." Taeyeon said walking out the shop.

 

 

 

October 25, 2012

 

"Taecyeon, your 'girl' is looking for you." Taecyeon's friend informed him. Taecyeon sighed and stood up cleaning the dust in his hands.

"What does she wants now?" his friend laughed at him and tapped his shoulder.

"Just tell her you aren't interested in her man, is so hard to say no?"

"I've told her that!!" Taecyeon said walking outside and his friend just laughed.

"Taeyeon-ssi, you are here..." he said sarcastically.

It has been 2 weeks since the last time they 'talked' on the coffee shop.

Taecyeon had made clear that he didn't wanted anything with her, but as always, Taeyeon didn't gave up and kept going to him and she always go back home with a no as an answer.

Still, she was here again today.

"I brought you cookies. I made it myself!" she said looking at the floor and holding a small basket with cookies. Taecyeon sighed and hesitate a little before turning around.

"Stop! I don't want them"

Taeyeon looked up and stood in front of him "Please accept them."

"I don't want. Taeyeon-ssi, please, stop this! How many times I have to tell you no?!"

"I won't give up! Never! I like you, and I will make you like me too!" Taeyeon pouted placing the basket of cookies in the floor in front of him and she made her way toward the coffee shop.

 

 

 

November 6, 2012

 

"Cappuccino, please." Yoona nodded and smiled brightly at Taecyeon. He did as well.

It was Sunday night.

Usually the shop would close at 2pm on Sundays, but this time Yoona decided to stay. She was pretty much a lonely girl.

Her sister was her only friend. On Sundays she and her sister would watch a movie or cook something together.

This time, her sister and her other two friends decided to go do some shopping. And after that they would probably plan a way to get Taecyeon to fall in love with Taeyeon.

Because of them, she and Taeyeon had gotten a bit apart.

They maybe have told her Yoona liked Taecyeon and she might steal him from her. Or maybe they told her any other thing.

Yoona was really bad at hiding her feelings. She tried so hard to not shown her interest in Taecyeon when her sister, or the other girls were around, but maybe she couldn't hide it well.

"Yah!" Taecyeon's friend pushed his arm to zone him out.

"What?" he looked at him.

"Can you act a little?"

"Eh?"

"You like her! Is so obvious, Taeyeon is working here as well and you are acting like this in front of her" his friend said.

"And so what? I already told Taeyeon that I don't like her and I don't want to date her"

"And did you tell her that you like her sister?"

"Your coffee... Taecyeon-ssi." Yoona said handing him the cup of coffee. Taecyeon quickly pushed his friend arm and acted as if they weren't talking. He smiled and took a few bills out of his wallet.

"Thank you." he said with his bright smile, Yoona nodded and took the money.

"I... wanted to ask you something, actually..." Taecyeon said before Yoona walked away. She looked at him.

"What is it?"

"I..."

"I'll be waiting outside" Taecyeon's friend said walking outside.

"W-what you were going to ask?" Yoona asked nervously.

"Are you free now?" he said. Yoona's eyes widen and looked around nervously.

"M-me?"

Taecyeon smiled "Yeah. You... want to go watch a movie with me?"

A smile appeared on Yoona's face, Taecyeon smiled as well "Your smile is so pretty." he said.

"Thanks..." Yoona said blushing. She was going to answer him yes, but the sudden image of her sister appeared on her head, they had happen for so many bad things and just because of a guy, she didn't wanted to happen again.

"I can't Taecyeon-ssi."

"What? You can't?"

"My sister will be heartbroken..." Taecyeon sighed and rolled his eyes "If she finds out I hang out with you, she will be sad, and mad... she likes you."

"But I like you." Yoona's eyes widen "Yes, I like you. Not your sister, you.” he held her hand into his “Please give me a chance to make you like me back, don't care about your sister, is your life and you can do whatever you want, and you can love whoever you want"

Yoona shook her head and moved her hand away from his "No, she... We had many difficult times because the guy she liked liked me. I can't let that happen again!"

"I don't dress prettily, I don't use make-up, I never let my hair down like her, what do you like about me? I'm ugly, my sister... she is pretty, and she is beautiful..."

Taecyeon shook his head and took her both hands "You are beautiful Yoona. With the simplest clothes and the lesser make-up, you are beautiful."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________

 

Heol~ finally an update xD the chap is so long aleady, I just decided to post it, there still a lot to write, this might end up as a 5 chap fic...idk

Just enjoy this for now, I'll try to post the next one tomorrow c:

btw if you didn't know, I posted a bit of what's going t happen later on the foreword, so go read it ^^