Little Steps : Step Fourteen

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is a new chapter. and a short one at that. sorry ><

ps: please kindly read my note below, thanks ^^

 

 

 

Little Steps ;
---------------
Step 14 (A)





  "Ice cream."


"No."


"Ice cream."


"No."


"Ice creaaaaam!"


"No!" Kyuhyun gritted his teeth as he snatched the tub of ice cream from his son's hand so he could put it back in the fridge for seemed like the umpteenth time that minute.


"But I want ice cream."


"And you are not supposed to have one. No dessert for a week, remember?" Kyuhyun reminded the kid who was pouting at him in full force. "Serves you right for running away from Sungmin this morning."


"But I didn't run away." Sandeul argued back, his little hands were once again positioned into opening the refrigerator. "It's just a big misunderstanding." The kid added and squealed in delight when his fingers touched the cold treat.


"A big misunderstanding that resulted to Sungmin getting injured." Kyuhyun said matter-of-factly, immediately snatching the ice cream from Sandeul, earning him a whine.


"And it also leads to mommy living with you." Sandeul continued. "Sandeullie needs the ice cream as a little reward, daddy." He said, pointing a stubby finger to the ice cream that Kyuhyun was holding.


The daddy huffed. "I don't think so. You already had your fix this afternoon. And Sungmin specifically told me not to let you eat anything sweet while he's away and I am not planning on disobeying him this time." Kyuhyun turned his back to the kid and took away the ice cream away from his sight, thinking that the kid would finally stop bugging him if he did.


Kyuhyun already had enough of closing and opening the fridge. His right arm was already tired from doing so –actually, he could already feel a muscle building on his right arm (or was that just his wishful thinking?).


"Mommy doesn't have to know." Sandeul of course wouldn’t give up without a fight and began trailing behind Kyuhyun –following his daddy like the little duckling that he was.


Kyuhyun suddenly halted in his steps and eyed the kid. "And what? Earn another punch in the gut from Sungmin? No! I don't think so."


He could still remember the last time Sandeul hid something from Sungmin. It was still fresh in his memories and to be very honest, it wasn’t pretty. What did he, the innocent one, earned from it? A raging Sungmin fresh from Japan. So no, he didn't want to go down there again. Ever!


"He wouldn't find out this time. I promise."


"No!" Kyuhyun groaned as he took a seat so he could finish his milk (since you couldn't find a single drop of alcohol in the house–no thanks to Sandeul) peacefully. He had no other choice but to rely on milk to help him get sleepy.


"Just three scoops of ice cream." Sandeul tried to bargain.


"I said no."


"Please."


"No!"


"Pretty please."


"Dear god! I should have let you stay with Sungmin tonight. You're so annoying." Kyuhyun was already pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Sandeul was really persistent if he wanted something, especially when it came to food.


To be honest, sweet, sweet Sungmin had offered to take Sandeul with him that day. 'I'll take him with me so you can have a day of peace away from this brat before we move in with you tomorrow,' were Sungmin's exact words from earlier.


The offer was, of course, very tempting, because a night without hearing Sandeul's babbles and whines before he sleep sounded so pleasant. He knew he should have taken the offer, but no–


It's okay, he said.


Sandeul doesn't give me trouble, he said.


I'm used to his bratiness, he said.


Lies!


Of course, all of them were lies.


And now, he regretted saying all those things so he could earn good points from Sungmin.


He adored Sandeul. Really. He was his son after all. Add the fact that the little duckling was pretty easy to love and get along with. But Kyuhyun was just a normal (famous) person and he could only take much.


Whiny Sandeul was whiny. And dealing with a whiny Sandeul was worse than dealing with sasaeng fans. And that was saying something.


Kyuhyun had so many things in mind that night. So many things to do before Sungmin moved in with him tomorrow. There are so many things to prepare, so many things to sort out. And his feelings were still a mess and bratty Sandeul wasn't helping at all. He got no spare time to deal with it.


Maybe I should just quit trying too hard to be on Sungmin's good side? He sulkily thought.


"Ice creaaaammmm." He was brought back to reality when the kid continued to beg and looked at him like he was about to cry.


Kyuhyun sighed deeply, ran his palm to his face in an exasperated manner before grunting, "You know what? Fine!" He shoved the tub of ice cream in Sandeul's grabby hands. "Have it! I don't care anymore. Just stop whining and if you don't, I swear to god I'll put you in a box and ship you to Hangeng hyung's apartment. I don't even care how late it is."


Sandeul whooped, ignoring his father's threat as his face lit up like a Christmas tree. He immediately took a spoonful of the sweet treat. "Having me for another one night –and forever– isn't that bad, daddy." Sandeul said after a while when his face was already smudged with chocolate ice cream.


Kyuhyun watched with a raised eyebrow as his son devour his precious ice cream that he really worked hard to get.


One night and forever? He hated to admit it, but forever with whiny Sandeul sounded really nice. And maybe, just maybe, it was because forever with Sandeul meant forever with Sungmin too. Sungmin and Sandeul were a package deal after all.


Kyuhyun found himself mentally smiling at the picture of him living with his amazona ex and noisy son. Living with his crazy family wasn’t such a bad idea.


Yes, he totally liked–no, loved the idea of it. But of course, he wouldn't let Sandeul know that. He still had a tiny, little pride to keep.


So Kyuhyun snorted instead, "Easy for you to say."


"I know you like it daddy~" the kid sing songed and the vocalist wondered if it showed on his face. He wondered if he was really that obvious.


“Whatever!” Kyuhyun scoffed again, "Just eat your ice cream."


And eat Sandeul did. And he even took his sweet time. He was humming happily while watching his daddy drink his milk when a sudden genius idea struck him. His eyes suddenly gleamed with mischief.


"So daddy, got any plans on wooing my mommy back?" The k
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter