The Maiden 2

Gifts
Maki secretly watched Erika at class. She still looks the same, beautiful, except for the eyes which are now black. Maki can also hear her thoughts now, Erika is nervous for being the new student but excited at the same time. She seems like she doesn’t remember her. Maki is really confused she seems so normal, so human. But she really looks like the silver-eyed girl.
Maybe they just look the same, but Maki can’t dismiss this feeling that something was not right with this girl.
She can also see how Ryo looks at Erika. She knows that kind of look, it’s the same as how he looked at her on her first day in this school too.

“Maki, what’s wrong?” Yamapi whispered, leaning closely to her.
“Nothing” Maki says
She returns her gaze back at Erika, she is now looking back at her. Wait no – not at her but at Yamapi. From what she hears from Erika’s mind, she seems to like him.
“Are you really alright?” Yamapi said, something must have shown on her face, he looks so worried.
“Yeah” Maki said nodding.
‘He seems so close to her. She is not his girlfriend, is she? She looks so out of his league’
Maki whirls around to stare at Erika, it’s her thoughts that she heard.
Erika is staring back at her and Maki doesn’t like the way how she looks at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki stands at the doorway of the canteen, contemplating to eat or not. Ayu had just left she said that she can’t join her at lunch today. She needs to finish her project today.
Maki watches Yamapi and Erika talk to each other. How Erika seems to be clinging to him and at how Yamapi takes no notice of it or he just doesn’t really mind it, Maki can’t tell. Her remaining desire to eat is now gone.
Maybe she just misinterprets what Yamapi really meant earlier about the ‘love’ thing. She decides that she will pass the time at the library or at some place where she can find peace and quiet.

She turns around and sees Tegoshi walking towards her.
“Maki-chan!” Tegoshi says. He seems to be lively today but Maki can still see the lack of color in his lips. Maybe he’s getting better, Maki thinks.
“Hi!” Maki says
“Where are you going?”
“To the library,”
“What are you going to do there? Have you already finished eating?” Tegoshi asks.
“No, I don’t feel like eating at all and the library is the perfect place to pass the time.” Maki says
“Eh? That’s bad Maki-chan. You shouldn’t miss one of your meals. Here let’s eat.” Tegoshi said as he pushed her towards the canteen.
“No, I don’t really want to eat.” She said. She doesn’t know why but she doesn’t feel like she wants to go inside the canteen right now.
“Maki,” Tegoshi says in a scolding tone, putting his hands in his hips.
“You’re the one who needs to eat, so go inside and eat.”
“Is there something wrong Maki?” Tegoshi asks, a little bit worried now.
“No, there’s nothing wrong.” Maki lied
“Did Yamapi already talked to you about us? You know, about joining us?”
“Yeah”
“And?”
“And I agreed… to join you guys.” Maki says
A strange emotion passed through Tegoshi’s face like he’s happy and sad at the same time.
“That’s great!” he says but his expression seems like it doesn’t agree to what he says.
“Also Yamapi told me about you” Maki says hesitantly.
“What about me?”
“About you being cursed like me”
“Ah~ did Yamapi also told you that I was the first one who discovered that you’re cursed?”
“No”
Tegoshi smiles “I knew that even before I bumped into you on your first day here”
“So that wasn’t an accident?” Maki says, narrowing her eyes.
Tegoshi just laughs.
“I think you might need to know this but I have one condition before I join you guys.”
“What?”
“Promise me that you will never erase Ayu’s memory ever again.”
Tegoshi’s face goes suddenly serious. “I guess you already knew what happened to her right? What if something like that happens again?”
“I’m not saying that you have to tell her everything again, just let things flow naturally, be friends with her.”
“Do you have any idea how hard is that?”
“Why is it hard?”
“Have you experienced being in love? Multiply that by a hundred, that’s how we feel when we’re in love. Keeping my feelings while being so close to her is already like a hell to me, how much more if we’re friends?” Tegoshi said
“I’m sorry but I’ve never been in love.” Maki says
Tegoshi raised an eyebrow as if disbelieving her. After a few moments he sighed.
“I’ll try but I can’t promise though,” he says
“That’s enough for me” Maki says, smiling gladly.
“What if she discovers something?”
“I’ll know since I can hear her thought and I will tell you. Then we can make some lies about that right?”
Tegoshi smirks. “As if that would work, you still have no idea how nosy and reckless she is.”
“I think I have” Maki says, smiling mischievously.
“Ah yeah~ I forgot that since you’ve been here, she’s always dragging you around in every schemes she makes.”
Maki laughs.
“I wish I can hear her thoughts too.” He says, sighing
“There’s no need to. She’s easy to read and she tends to act right away to whatever it is that comes in her mind.”
Tegoshi smiles, but there’s sadness in his eyes.

Then a group of students comes rushing towards the canteen and they have to move aside to let them pass.
“Can you hear their thoughts?” he whispered in her ears.
“Yeah” Maki says
“Can you tell me?”
“Most of the boys are hungry,”
“What about the girls?” he asks
“They are excited to see Yamaa-kun and Ryo-kun and…..” Maki trails off, hesitant to say the last part.
“And what?” Tegoshi probes her.
“And they are wondering why I am with you” Maki says in a rush.
“Hmm~” Tegoshi says leaning closely to her.
“Hey! Don’t give them the wrong idea.”
Tegoshi laughs. “What wrong idea? You’re joining us right? Then you’re going to be a part of our family. How about that ne~, Maki-nee?”
“Don’t call me Maki-nee! For all I know you might be older than me.”
“How can you tell? You’re a 3rd year student and I’m a 2nd yr. Besides you look much older than me.” Tegoshi teases her.
“Hey! You!” Maki says, punching him lightly in the arm
“Maki- nee no kowai (scary)” Tegoshi said laughing.
But his laughing is suddenly stopped by a series of coughing.
“Hey, are you alright?”
Tegoshi nods but still coughing. “Don’t mind me” he said after a while.
“Are you sure?” She’s about to touch his arm but she stops, remembering the effect on her if she touches him again.
“Yeah, don’t worry I’m okay.” Tegoshi says

Then she sees the changes in his expression as he looks beyond her shoulders.
She spun around and saw Yamapi standing at the doorway and looking straight at them. His face is dead serious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s the first time that Tegoshi sees Yamapi like this, he seems to be angry at him. He knows why, because Maki is with him. Tegoshi doesn’t know if he’s going to laugh or cry at this situation.

He leans closer to Maki and he sees Yamapi’s left eye twitches. Tegoshi is enjoying this, the corners of his mouth curls upward.

Yamapi sees that and he approaches them. “Maki, aren’t you going to eat?”
“I don’t feel like I want to eat right now.” Maki said
“Why? You must eat, you can sit with us.” Yamapi says and he takes her hand to pull her towards him and away from Tegoshi.

Tegoshi notice his possessiveness and he smiles inwardly. Sometimes moonchildren are scary, especially when it comes to love. He remembers that he’s been like this too, back when he’s still with Ayu. He knows fully well how Yamapi’s feeling right now but that doesn’t stop him in provoking Yamapi more, besides its fun.
“But she said that we’re going to the library, right ne~ Maki-nee?” Tegoshi says
He sees Maki’s eyes go large at what he said. Yamapi’s about to say something but cuts short when someone calls his name.

“Yamaa-kun” A girl said
Tegoshi turns his gaze at the doorway and at the girl. His heart starts to beat up wildly when he sees the horribly familiar looking girl.
“Koyama-kun is searching for you” Erika says to Yamapi
“Tell him, I’m coming.” Yamapi says. Erika’s eyes narrowed slightly when she saw Yamapi holding Maki’s hand then she brings her gaze at Tegoshi.
She looks at him for a while and tilts her head to the side. “Have we met before?” she says to Tegoshi.
Mouth dry he force himself to speak “No, we don’t”
“Oh sorry, you just looks so familiar.” Erika says
“Oh yeah, Erika this is Tegoshi Yuya, he’s my friend. Tegoshi, this is Erika Sawajiri, our new classmate” Yamapi says
“Hi!” Erika says
Tegoshi just nods at her, he doesn’t know if he can trust his voice right now.
“We’ll wait for you there ne~ Yamaa-kun” Erika says, totally ignoring Maki and then she leaves.
“Come Maki, lets eat” Yamapi says, pulling her.
Maki looks back at him as she let Yamapi takes her away.
Tegoshi just smiles at her and then watch her leave.

Erika Sawajiri?

Tegoshi lied earlier, of course he knows her. He knows her really well.
He has a mission tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, Tegoshi stands before the Girl’s Dormitory.
He can’t help but notice that Ayu’s window is open and the light in her room is still on.

It’s already past midnight, he wonders what she’s been doing at this time of the night.
He peers closely to her window and he sees Ayu sleeping on the floor. Books and papers are scattered around her.
He goes inside her room through the window and kneels beside her.
Tegoshi fondly watches her sleep, after a while he starts to pick up the books and the papers on the floor and neatly puts it on her table. Then he lifts her up and carries her to her bed.
He’s just putting blanket over her when she moves and starts to wake up.
“Tegoshi?” Ayu says dreamily.
“Shhh sleep now” Tegoshi says and he lay down on the bed beside her.
“What are you doing here?” Ayu asks.
“Sleep” He instinctively uses his gifts on her.
Ayu blinks after him and soon he sees her eyes closing.
He lays there for a while hugging her close and fondly caressing her face.

They always do this back then, sneaking in each other’s room and resting in each other’s arms.
He can’t help but think about what Maki said earlier. Is there a possibility that they could be together again without her knowing about who he really is?

From the corner of his eyes he saw something moved outside the window. Then he remembers why he’s here in the first place.
He slowly and quietly stands up, careful not to wake her up. He turns off the light and before he leaves, he lightly kisses her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tegoshi had walked around the whole dormitory before he found what he’s been searching for.

A girl is standing in front of him.
“Good evening, Tegoshi-sama”
“So you’re alive” Tegoshi says.

Erika Sawajiri smiles, her silver eyes twinkling back at him.

_______________________________________

this is messy... i wrote this in just 4 hours... so somethings might not be clearer.. and i guess i miss a few things.... more will come.. i promise..

and Erika's character is really complicated... she's so hard to write.. co'z she's a half blood.. ^_^

maybe Aoi will make her appearance again on the next chapter.. ^_^

and yeah.. i'm currently writing another fic.. *phew*
its called "Stained Hearts".. the mother story of this fic... but that is different..
but you will see some similarities.. like the wings and the colors.. and of course the characters.. its the same...
You can find Ayu there too.. ^_^

that's all jyah~