The Maiden 1

Gifts
The next day, Maki go to school early in the morning. So early that she can only see few students roaming the school grounds. Her head hurts a little because she didn't get enough sleep last night, thinking about Yamaa's group, about the silver-eyed girl and many other things. When she enters the classroom, she sees Yamapi already sitting on the window sill. They are the only students inside the room, their other classmates are not there yet.
Yamapi smiles at her, looking godly in the early hours of the morning. His soft brown hair and smooth skin reflecting the rays of the morning sun.
"Maki-chan, Ohayo!" He greets her
"Ohayo" She politely greets him too and then proceeds to her seat.
Yamapi follows her. He pulls his chair close to hers and sits there. "Have you already thought about it?"
Maki doesn't need to think long and hard to know what 'it' he's talking about. Actually she's been thinking about it all night that she didn't get enough sleep. Her mind is a little bit distracted by how close he is. So close that she can already smell the perfume that he used.
"I just wanted to ask, do you know the person who give me the curse?" Maki asks him.
"I do" Yamapi said quietly.
"Who?"
"As far as I know his name is Yosuke and he belongs to them, to those people who attacked us."
"I don't remember meeting any guy whose name is Yosuke" Maki said
"That's what I want to know too." Yamapi said
"What?"
"How you got that curse, what's your connection to them and why can't you remember it."
"Maybe you just mistaken it, maybe your wrong because I really can't remember it" Maki said. A bit desperate to prove him wrong.
"Look, Ryo told me about that silver-eyed girl and you can't remember what that girl did to you right? Maybe it’s just the same."
"Are you really sure?"
"Yeah, because I have friends that's been cursed by that man too. What I felt when I first touched you is the same from what I felt when I touched them."
"What happened to them?" Maki can't help but ask.
"The first one? He is already gone. The second one is Tegoshi."
A shudder runs through her spine. "Tegoshi? But- but- is that the reason why he looked so sick yesterday?"
"Yeah, the curse attacked him when he was fighting with those guys."
"Is he going to die too?"
"I wouldn't let it to happen." Yamapi said firmly.
"How about me? Is that going to happen to me too?"
Yamapi is silent for a moment, jaws taut. "I don't want that to happen too. That's why I'm asking you to join us so that I can watch over you and help you with that curse. And maybe-" Yamapi falters, his voice breaking a little. "Maybe in the near future I can finally heal you, you and Tegoshi."
"But joining your group will also put me in danger, what with all those guys hunting you down." Maki says
"You're not Ayu, you have a gift. You have something that you can use against them. You can fight them, remember what you did that night? You did great."
"But they're too strong, what if-"
Yamapi cuts her by putting his finger on her lips. "I'm here. I'm going to protect you. The others too, I'm sure they will do the same."
"You're talking as if you really care about me?"
"I do. I really do care about you." Yamapi's eyes soften as he caressed her cheeks.
"Why? Why do you care so much about me?" Maki said looking straight at Yamapi's eyes.
"Is love not enough reason for that?"
Maki's eyes go large in shock.

Then they heard someone clearing his throat.
They both turn around and see Ryo and Koyama standing at the door. Koyama is grinning at them.
"Geez, isn't it a little bit early for that?" Ryo said as he walked to his seat.
Maki sees a chair moves on its own volition and trips Ryo. He nearly falls to the floor.
"Yamaa!" Ryo shouts.
Yamapi just smirks at him while Maki smiles apologetically.
"Ne Maki, have you already thought about it?" Koyama asks her.
Maki nods. "I'll join you guys on one condition. Don't erase Ayu's memories ever again. I'll know it when you do"
The three guys went silent at what she said.

After a few moments, Ryo snorts. "Tell that to Tegoshi not at us. He's the one who has the power to erase memories right?"
Koyama smirks. "Speaking of that little vermin, he always do 'something' to her and then erase her memories so that she will not remember what he did."
"What something?" Maki asks.
Koyama didn't manage to answer her because some of their classmates already came in their room.

So they sit quietly in their chairs. Yamapi smiles at her.
Maki just looks at her lap, she can't still process what Yamapi had just said earlier. Why would he fall in love with her? He's perfect and she's not. Maybe its a different kind of love, not the one she's currently thinking.

Their teacher enters the room, a girl with her head low trails after him.
Maki hears their teacher's thoughts, they have a new classmate.
"Class before we begin, I'd like you to meet your new classmate." Their teacher said.
The girl lifts her head up and Maki's heart starts to beat up wildly when she sees the girl's face.
"She's Erika Sawajiri" Their teacher tells them.
"Glad to meet you all" the girl said and she is smiling straight at her.
It’s the silver eyed girl, except that her eyes are now black.
"Erika, you can sit at the third chair from the back." their teacher points to the chair that is in front of Ryo.

Maki glance at Ryo, she can see that he is tensing up. He looks at her and with just that, with only one glance they understand each other up. This girl is not normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

im sorry.. this is a little bit short.. part 2 will come tomorrow.. I promise... definitely tomorrow...

its just that.. I'm currently rewriting the forewords of my new fic.. *getsbrick*

yeah.. i'm writing a new fic.. while this fic is not yet finished,,,

but this will be my first priority.. so don't worry.. ^_^
hope that you'll all like this... even if this is a little bit short

jyah~~~