-Chapter 1

In The Night

 

-Chapter 1-

 

 

Taking out a steam bun out of the plastic bag that was lying next to him on the bench, Daehyun took a bite and looked around him. He was trying to find a time alone for himself to get things off his mind but it seems that he chose the wrong place to do so.

 

There were a lot of people passing by the area and it's not a surprise actually considering the fact that his watch was showing that it was only half past 7 in the evening.

 

Today was another one of those ish day where nothing seems to be going on his way.A guy punched him earlier in the face since his girlfriend was rumoured to have a scandal with him. It turns out that the guy whom she was really cheating with was Jung Haehyun nextdoor.

 

Then he forgot to bring his math homework on the exact same day that got him the punishment of cleaning the male's restroom with the rest of his classmates that also did the same.

 

Last but not least,seeing his crush acting all lovey-dovey with her fiance which was pretty much the same as a punch in the face. So yes,he did got punched twice today.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

A voice made him snapped out of his thoughts and Daehyun turned to look at the owner of the voice. From looking at her appearance, he could already guess that the girl was around his age since she's wearing a school uniform and her face was too mature to be a middle school girl.

 

“...Yes?”

 

“I know that this sounds weird coming out of a stranger but...” she stared at him for a while before continuing what she was saying. “Would you be willing to be my partner for a party?”

 

“....I'm sorry?”

 

Just before she managed to answer him,a woman dressed formally suddenly approached the two. “Soojung-ah,we need to leave now.”

 

“Just give me a minute Hyuna unnie?”

 

Daehyun awkwardly gave her a smile when the woman glanced at him for a moment.

 

“Alright then,i'll be waiting at the car.”

 

Leaving her mistress behind with the 18 year old guy,Soojung turned her attention back to him,still sticking with a blank expression on her face. “Listen,i have to go now but here's my number,” she slipped him a business-like card before taking a step away from him. “Call me if you made up your mind already Mr..?”

 

Daehyun hesitated for a while on whether to give her his name or not but he did eventually,thinking that there's no harm in doing so since she's just a young girl. “Daehyun,Jung Daehyun.”

 

“So call me if you made up your mind Daehyun-shi and we'll discuss over the payment.”

 

Not even bothering to bid him her goodbye,she rushed towards the car that was parked a few feets away from the sidewalk.

 

...A rich kid huh.

 

Daehyun glimpsed over the card that he was holding and slipped it into his pocket. “It's getting late already,i should get going too.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“I'm home.”

 

“Oh? Daehyun-ah,you're late today,” Himchan,a guy a few years older than he is peeked out of the living room,holding a bowl of ramyun in his hand.It had been 2 years since Daehyun first rented the house using the money that his parents wired into his account from Busan and he had to admit that Himchan is already like a brother-like figure to him.

 

Another one of his housemate would be Moon Jongup,who's also the guy that rented him the place.Though said so,the latter could rarely be found hanging around the house except for the weekend since he would usually be home late due to his part-time work.

 

For some reason,Jongup dropped out of a private school that his parents enrolled him to and worked part-time at a bookstore instead.Daehyun never really asked why though since he didn't want to interfere with Jongup's life but he had to admit that he's curious about it sometimes.

 

“I went to Yoonji Noona's Cafe earlier.”

 

“Got anything for me?”

 

“Some Kimbap and Ddeokboki,” he shrugged and handed over the plastic bag to the older guy as he took off his jacket. Dropping his bag off to the floor, Daehyun went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to only found out that they almost ran out of milk.

 

Looks like i'm gonna have to go out again.

 

“Hyung,lock the door for me will you?” Daehyun lazily went to the doorstep and sighed.

 

“You're going out again?”

 

“Yeah,we ran out of milk.”

 

“You can just text Jongup to buy it on his way home.”

 

“It's alright,i don't wanna trouble him,he's probably already exhausted from work.”

 

“Take care then,” Himchan waved at his dongsaeng as Daehyun made his way out of the house leisurely.It didn't take him long to reach the nearest convenience store in the neighbourhood and Daehyun,greeted the owner with a light smile.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Just drop me off here unnie.”

 

“....What are you doing here exactly?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow at the younger woman.They were just on their way back to Yoona's mansion when she suddenly asked her to turn around and head to this neighbourhood since she's 'supposedly' meeting someone here.

 

“I'm...meeting someone.”

 

...This kid,she really is terrible in lying.

 

“...How are you gonna get home?”

 

“I'll just take a cab home,” she nodded and cheekily grinned which Tiffany replied with a sigh.

 

“Fine then,just go already,i'll made up something to tell uncle later.”

 

Yoona quickly pecked Tiffany's cheek before heading out of the car. “I love you unnie,” she then made a heart shape over her head before running off into a distance. Honestly, she didn't even know what she was doing at that place.

 

She just wanted to get away from everything around her. All those men that were trying to it up to her. It sickens her to see them putting on an act to get her fall for them. Yeah right, fall for them? Not even in a million years she's gonna fall for someone who's only crazy for her looks and fortune. They didn't even know her personally.

 

The doe-eyed woman glanced around her surrounding, trying to figure out what she's going to do first.Maybe grabbing something to eat would be a good idea. The last meal that she had was 3 tacos about an hour ago anyways.

 

...Oh? That cafe looks good.

 

“Welcome to Sweet Delight’s Café,how may I help you?”

 

The heiress was immediately greeted by a woman in her late twenties as soon as she entered the café. The place seems cozy enough for anyone and it kind of gave off that homely vibe that you feel whenever you entered some English themed café. Yoona politely nodded her head and returned the smile.

 

“Do you guys serve chicken sandwiches with fries here?”

 

“Ah yes agashi,do you want to order one?”

 

“Uh…well…I’m planning to have two of those actually,” a faint blush crept on her face which the woman replied with a light chuckle.

 

“2 of those and anything else?”

 

“A cup of hot latte to go with that.”

 

“Coming right up then,please take a seat first and oh,that’ll be $10.50.”

 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Maybe this was really a bad idea after all…,” she sighed,kicking a stone along the way to wherever she was going to. The night’s pretty young actually and it seems like almost all of the stars are visible in the sky tonight. Even the moon was in it’s full state.

 

As she was walking around the neighbourhood with a plastic bag in her hand, an empty park caught her attention. Yoona then decided to check the place out since she figured that there’s no harm in doing so.

 

Well, she did have a black belt in Taekwondo and even if anyone did tried to bother her, she could just easily break them apart.

 

Apparently though, she was wrong on thinking that the park’s completely empty. Not long after she entered the place, a young guy wearing his school uniform without the jacket on came into her sight. He seems to be venting out his frustrations into the air though, like some crazy person.

 

Aigoo, people these days.

 

Yoona shook her head seeing the stranger but as funny as it seems, she had…this urge on approaching him and ask him what was wrong.

 

-End Of Chapter 1-