Official Meeting

Speak

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.." I told her as I went close to her.

 

She just gestured me to stop. I didn't come any closer and just stopped where I was. She was holding her forehead and rubbing it, obviously in pain. I was doing the same because it seriously hurt. Pabo Yul! Pabo! I looked at her and she was staring at me with eyes full of curiousity.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes and gave me the 'do I look okay' look. "Okay, I know that question was stupid. Sorry. I should go get us some ice. Hold on a sec." I said and stood up.

 

She suddenly held my hand which made me stop. Oh my gosh! Why does it feel like I'm being shocked with electricity? Her hands are giving off sparks. What's going on? Is she some kind of a robot, charged with electricity? Then I saw her snapping her fingers in front of my face and realized I was staring blankly on the hand that she held, frozen. I shook my head to go back to reality and looked at her. She was gesturing me not to bother getting ice anymore.

 

"Why? Do you want a lump on your forehead? Because I don't." I told her, looking at her with brows raised.

 

She also raised her brows at me. I found it cute and funny that's why I automatically smiled. She smiled back at me. My heart beated wildly. Her smile is so beautiful, I swear I can stare at her smile for a whole day. Then her smile changed into a questioning look. I'm caught staring at her again. She might think I'm a creep. Geez Yuri! What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like this? You're like an idiot!

 

"I'm sorry for staring. I just fell in love with you..." I said, and then realized that I just said I fell in love with her. My face quickly heated up and my eyes widened. "I mean with your smile!! I was.. fascinated! Or awestrucked! Because.. you.. y-you know, it's.. really b-beautiful. I mean your smile is too pretty. I'm sorry, I know I'm acting really weird right now. I was just..." OH MY GOSH! WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING NOW! WHY AM I STUTTERING AND TALKING NONSENSE?!!! "I swear I'm not a creep. Please don't think of me that way. I'm really not."

 

She looked surprised of my behavior. Of course she would be, I'm acting so weird. Then she laughed quietly. Why is she laughing? Great! Maybe she thinks of me as a retarted girl who keeps stuttering now. I looked at her and saw a small lump slowly forming on her head.

 

"Oh no, look at that lump. I better get an ice now." I told her, which made her stop laughing.

 

I ran to the kitchen and took some ice cubes from the freezer. I placed them on two pieces of cloth and quickly gave one to her. She placed the ice pack on her lump and I did the same. It was a little late though, we already had lumps before putting an ice on our heads. She smiled at me and mouthed 'Thank you'.

 

"Sure.. Wait, why don't you talk to me normally? I haven't heard a single word from you yet." I told her when I realized I haven't heard her voice yet.

 

She mouthed 'I can't' and my eyes widened. "What do you mean you can't?" I asked her.

 

She just shrugged and looked down sadly. I ran to my bedroom and took my iPad. I went to the application where you can doodle on a blank page and gave it to her. "Here, use this for now. So, have you been mute since birth?" She just shook her head as a reply.

 

"No? Then since when have you been mute?" I asked her again.

 

--3 days ago.. /she wrote.

 

"Why? What happened?"

 

--I don't know. I just lost my voice.

 

"What did your parents say? Did you consult a doctor?"

 

She shook her head and looked down. Then tears started running down her cheeks. What did I say? Omo.. I put the ice pack down and wiped her tears. "I'm sorry. Did I say anything that offended you? I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.." I apologized. She looked at me in shock again. Oh gosh, now I'm acting protectively over her? What the heck is she doing to me? I feel totally weird right now.

 

"I can help you with that.. Hold on a sec." I told her.

 

I took my phone and dialed George's number. He immediately picked up.

 

"Good morning Miss Yuri.."

"Good morning George. Can I ask a favor again?"

"Sure young miss, what is it?"

"Can you send a doctor in my apartment now? A doctor who specializes in anything related to voice or throat."

"Yes. But is there a problem with your throat?"

"No, my friend here lost her voice three days ago and I want her to get checked. Is that possible right now?"

"Yes, but I think it's better to visit the hospital so they can use any equipments necessary."

"Oh yeah. You're right. We better go to a hospital then. Thanks George!"

"Anything for you young miss."

"Alright, I'm hanging up then."

 

After hanging up, I went back to the girl and told her that we are going out to visit a doctor.

 

--There's no need for you to do that.

 

"Why? We should know what's wrong. Don't you want to speak again?"

 

--Why are you doing this?

 

"I don't know. I just feel like I should. Please, let's go."

 

--You don't even know me. What if I turned out to be a killer or a thief?

 

"But you're not. I know you're not."

 

--Why do you trust me so easily?

 

"I don't know. Believe me, I have no idea why I'm being like this to you."

 

--WEIRD.

 

"Yes I know. Anyways, please come with me to the hospital. Let's get your throat checked."

 

She just sighed and finally nodded. I smiled and told her that her clothes will be delivered any minute now so she just needs to wait for them. She sat at the couch and waited while I took a quick shower and changed into a simple shirt and jeans. I sat at the couch with her and waited for her clothes. I was about to call the front desk when the doorbell suddenly rang. I opened the door and as expected, the housekeeping guy came to deliver her washed clothes and my carpet. I took the clothes and handed them to the girl and let her change in the bathroom. I helped the guy put my carpet back to its place and thanked him for helping me. He bowed at me and left. I sat back to the couch and waited for the girl to finish washing up and changing.

 

After a few minutes, I felt a light hand tap my back and when I turned to look, I saw the girl and she mouthed 'Let's go'. I nodded and took my bag with me. We rode the elevator and waited to get to the ground floor. We keep stopping on different floors until we're finally getting crowded inside the elevator. As the door on the 26th floor opened, another pair joined us and I had to move really close to the girl until there was no more space left between us. The right side of my body was completely touching the left side of her body. The contact made me feel the sparks again, just like being shocked by electricity. The only difference is that this kind of electricity from her body feels good and addicting. The sparks became stronger when the back of our hands met. My heart is going wild again and it's getting wilder as our small fingers (or pinky) moved softly, intertwining. I was looking up because I can feel my face heating up. I can't look at her, I'm too shy and nervous. Then our hands were slowly making their way to the spaces in between our fingers when the door suddenly opened for the ground floor and everyone started going out. We immediately released ourselves from the touch and walked towards the parking lot with an awkward atmosphere.

 

Damn! That was close! I hissed in my mind. Then reality hit me. Why was I trying to hold her hand? Why was my heart racing with the contact and what's with the weird sparks when I touch her? We reached my car and I opened the door for her then I ran to the driver's seat and started driving. I saw a glimpse of her staring blankly outside the window then my eyes moved towards her direction.

 

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked her and got a nod from her. I looked back at the road and focused on driving. Then I suddenly spoke. "I'm so sorry, I just realized how rude I was for not introducing myself to you yet. My name is Yuri. Kwon Yuri." She nodded and smiled. Just then we arrived at the hospital and I drove to the parking lot to park my car. I was about to open my door when she tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to look at her and she handed me her phone. I read the message that she typed on the screen.

 

I'm Yoona. Im Yoona. It's nice to meet you Yuri.

 

I smiled at her and said. "It's nice to meet you too Yoona. Does this make us friends now?" she nodded and smiled her beautiful smile at me. "This is our official first meeting you know. Since you were wasted when we first met." She nodded again and mouthed 'SORRY'. I chuckled and told her that we should go in now and she just agreed.

 

 

 

___________________________________________

So here's a short update for everyone. Sorry if it's kind of lame.. I still hope you like it though. I'm trying so hard to update as quickly as I could for you guys. Coming up with a chapter story is getting a little hard since I have so much going on in my mind right now. School is getting so stressful. So I hope you keep being patient with me. Thank you so much! ^__^

P.S._I might be able to update this weekend if I finish my homeworks really quick. Let's hope for that :)