Her effect

Speak

 

We went inside the hospital and some of the employees who recognized me, bowed and asked if I was okay. I just kept saying I'm fine and explained why we were here. Did I mention that my uncle is the head of this hospital? He and my dad are brothers and they're very close. Their dad which is my grandfather who was a really great doctor was the founder of this hospital. We went to the reception to ask for the otolaryngologist or a throat specialist.

 

"Please sit down for a moment Miss Kwon, I'll just make a call to check if you can go see the otolaryngologist now." the receptionist told me.

 

I nodded and so Yoona and I sat together and waited. She looked nervous so I patted her back to comfort her. She smiled at me and I had to look away just so I could hide my face which turned red at the sight of her angelic smile. She took her phone and started typing, then she gave it to me.

 

Thank you for doing this. It's rare to meet people who are nice to strangers. 

 

"What are you talking about? You're not a stranger anymore. You're my friend now. Remember?" I told her as a reply.

 

Yes, but still. I'm thankful for your kindness. 

 

"Don't worry about it." I said and again, she smiled at me.

 

Just then, the receptionist called for us and so we stood up and went to her desk.

 

"I'm sorry, he's in the middle of a surgery right now. His day is packed and I don't think you'll be able to meet him today. Would you like to make an appointment with him so he can expect you some other day?" she told us.

"Oh.. Okay. When can we meet him then?" I asked.

"I can schedule you an appointment with him next week. Would that be okay?" she answered.

"Can't we get an earlier schedule?" 

"I'm afraid it'll be hard to squeeze an appointment with him these coming days."

 

I looked at Yoona and she just nodded with a smile.

 

"Well, okay then. Next week would be fine I guess."

 

After signing some papers for the appointment, I thanked her for her help and went back to the car with Yoona. She seemed relieved. I drove back to the hotel but instead of heading to my room, I brought Yoona to the restaurant. I asked her what she wanted but she just made me order for her so I ordered her the same food I was eating. We talked a lot. Well, okay, I talked a lot and she types her answers every time. She is very interesting. I learned that she's not actually the emo type that I thought. She's a happy girl who has something painful buried deep in her heart. I don't have the guts to ask her that yet. Just then, our order came and we started eating. Our conversation kept going and I was surprisingly having such a great time. I've never enjoyed lunch just as I am enjoying it right now. After eating, she told me she has to go home already. I offered to give her a ride home but she insisted on riding the taxi. We called for a taxi and I waited with her.

 

"So.. Yoona, I will be seeing you again." I told her. She nodded. "I had fun this morning. I'm so glad I met you."

 

She then smiled at me and pulled me for a hug. My eyes widened and my heart raced rapidly. Breathe Yul! Breathe! Then she pulled away gently and I managed to pull myself together and smile at her. The taxi stopped in front of us and I opened the door for her. She went inside and waved goodbye at me. I closed the door and waved back as it slowly drove away. I went back inside the hotel and made my way to my room. I threw myself at my bed and smelled a very familiar scent on my sheets and pillows. That scent that is so pleasant to me. That scent that's so addicting. Yes, they definitely smell like Yoona. I smiled foolishly as I recalled the feeling of her embrace. It felt so warm and... perfect. It felt like I belong to those arms.

 

___________________________

 

I woke up and realized that the sun has set already. I checked my watch and read 8:00 PM. Wow. That was hell of a long afternoon sleep. Maybe I missed sleeping on my bed so much. I finally stood up and checked on my phone. I had 4 missed calls from Sooyoung and 2 from Jessica. I decided to call them back since something seems urgent for them to keep calling me like that. I dialed Sooyoung's number first.

 

"Yuri-yah! Thank goodness you called. I was about to rush over your hotel to see if you're still alive. Why the heck weren't you picking up?"

"I was sleeping. Sorry. Why were you trying to call me anyway?"

"You were sleeping?! How can you not hear your phone ringing?"

"It was on silent mode. I forgot to adjust the audio settings."

"Geez Kwon Yuri, I almost died just thinking about what could have happened to you!"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for worrying you. Stop nagging already."

"Here, someone wants to talk to you."

"Okay, who?"

"Me.."

"Oh hey Jess--"

"Don't you 'oh hey' me Kwon Yuri! You almost killed us with a heart attack! Why would you let us worry like that?"

"Oh my gosh. Why are you guys so paranoid? You're making me feel like such a baby. I'm starting to think you'll call the FBI if you don't hear from me for a whole day."

"Alright. Calm down. We were just worried."

"It's you guys who need to calm down, not me."

"Whatever. Anyways, Sooyoung and I planned on going to the club today. With you of course."

"Okay, sure. What time?"

"Are you ready to meet us now?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in 15 mins."

"Okay. See you then."

"Ne..."

 

After hanging up, I immediately washed up and changed into my party clothes. After strapping up my heels, I headed to my car and drove to the club as quickly as I could. While driving, I caught the familiar scent in my car. Wow, I can smell her everywhere I go. I'm starting to feel like a vampire for recognizing her scent so quickly. Finally, I arrived at the club and entered, I was scanning through the people to find Sooyoung and Jessica when I spotted someone else who was sitting at the bar. I walked towards her and saw the bartender talking to her as he served her a drink.

 

"Yoona.. Hey." I said and smiled. Of course she smiled back.

"Do you know her, Yoong?" the bartender asked. Yoona answered with a nod. "I see. Well then, I better leave you two now and serve the other costumers." he said and smiled as he ruffled Yoona's hair which made her smile again. First he calls her Yoong and now he ruffles her hair and makes her smile? Just who is this guy to Yoona? He flashed a smile at me too and left us.

"You seem so close to him." I started. She nodded happily. "Is he your boyfriend?" I asked, hoping for a no. She shook her head and I smiled. "Then, is he your brother?" Again, it was a no. I decided not to ask who he is to her anymore.

 

Just then, my phone started vibrating on my pocket. I pulled it and answered the call. I signalled Yoona to stay there and wait for me. It was really noisy and I was having a hard time hearing and talking so I went to the restroom.

 

"Where are you? You are so late!"

"I'm here at the club already. I'm at the restroom. Where are you?"

"At the usual spot. Get here quickly."

 

I made my way to our usual spot and greeted Sooyoung and Jessica with a hug.

 

"I thought you'll be here in 15 mins?" Jessica asked, brows raised.

"I did. I just didn't find you." I said.

"I called the gang by the way, they'll be here soon. Shall we get ourselves some drinks now?" Sooyoung told us.

"Really? That's great! I hope you guys have fun then, I have to meet someone else." I told them.

"Are you kidding me? You just got here and you're already leaving?" Sooyoung said.

"I didn't expect to find a friend here and I really need to talk to her so.."

"Then go talk to her and then come back. Or you can just bring her here. Right Jess?"

"Yeah. You can just do that.."

"Maybe next time. I'm really sorry. I swear I'll make it up to you." I said as I started walking away.

"Yah!" They yelled.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise!" I yelled back and ran away.

 

When I got back to the bar, I saw three empty glasses in front of Yoona and she was about to drink the fourth when I took it from her and drank it. Wow! That was a strong one.

 

"No, you're not getting drunk here again today." I told her. Judging by the look on her eyes, alcohol has already gotten into her. She's not drunk yet but I can tell she's a little tipsy already. She eyed me sharply and stood up, leaving me. I caught up with her and asked "Why do you get drunk everyday?" she stopped and looked at me angrily. Just by looking at her eyes, I know she's telling me to back off. She took her phone and started typing.

 

Look, you don't have the right to tell me what and what not to do. Just because you're helping me and all, doesn't mean you can just in to my life. I appreciate your kindness and I know you're just trying to help again but right now, I don't need your help nor anyone else's. There's nothing you can do for me at this moment.

 

"And getting drunk helps? Are you kidding me? You may forget your problems for a while but tomorrow, they'll be back and drown you to misery again. Why do you waste your life like that? Why don't you just try to face it so you can get over it instead of drinking so much alcohol that doesn't solve any of your problems but just kills you slowly."

 

 What the hell do you care? You don't know what I feel and what I'm going through. And believe me, dying doesn't scare me at all. I would even thank the heavens for doing me a favor if I die now. 

 

"I don't know and I will never know unless you tell me what your problem is. Oh, and trust me, dying now is the worst escape you can get."

 

Why would I even bother telling you? Who do you think you are? My freaking psychologist?

 

"No, but I'm your friend and I swear I can help you if you tell me. Why are you even getting so mad just because I stopped you from drinking?"

 

She just scoffed and shook her head as she walked away from me. I stared at her as she reached the door and went out. I can't believe I'm acting this way because of her, she's right, what the hell do I care? ...... Of course I care! I don't know exactly why I do but I'll find out soon but for now, I need to find her. I ran out and saw her walking not far from the club yet. As soon as I caught up with her, I pulled her hand.

 

"Fine. You wanna drink? Let's go drink then." I said and pulled her.

 

She was surprised and she kept trying to shake my hand off of her but I just held tighter. When we got to my car, I told her to get in, which she did with an annoyed expression. I ran to the driver's seat and drove to the hotel. We were quiet in the car until I pulled over to the hotel's parking lot. I cut the engine and got off. She did the same. We went inside and rode the elevator, still not talking. 

 

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know I don't have the right to do everything I just did. I just..." I started but she raised her hand in front of me. Then she started typing.

 

 No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been mad, you were just being nice to me. I'm sorry. 

 

"It's okay. I mean you were right, I can't just in to your life wh--" I was cut off with her lips pressed on mine.

 

She just kissed me. Did that just happen for real? Like seriously? Please tell me I wasn't imagining things. My heart is beating wildly and my mind is panicking. What should I say? How should I react? I stared at her, still in shock. She blushed and looked down at her phone. She was hesitating but started typing and gave the phone to me.

 

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. 

 

"It. .It's okay. It was good anyway.. I mean WE'RE good! The two of us.. n-not the.. the k-ki... that. Like.. w-we can just fo-forget about.. y.. you know... that." BUT I CAN'T. It's impossible for me to forget that. My stuttering made her laugh a bit. She nodded and then chuckled again.

 

I'm seriously going crazy. I feel like I'm getting dumber every second that I talk to her. She unintentionally and unknowingly brings this stupid side of me. It seems like her effect on me. She keeps doing things that make me so nervous to the point where my heart beats wildly and my mind runs empty. Finally, the elevator door opened and we walked out. We entered my room and she followed me to the kitchen. I took out two bottles of beer in the fridge and opened them. I gave one to her and she took it but didn't drink it.

 

"Do you want something else?" I asked. My mind was still in panic mode because of the kiss. I have no idea what to say and what to do. She was looking at the bottle and seemed to ponder if she should drink it or not. Then she finally did and I did the same. We walked to the living room and sat on the couch. "So are you going to tell me your problem?" I asked. Wrong move. What if she gets mad at me?

 

Maybe I will. But not today. I just don't feel like I can. Sorry.

 

"No need to be sorry. I understand. I'll listen when you're ready." I said, relieved that she didn't get mad.

 

She smiled at me and mouthed 'thank you'. I smiled back. We continued drinking until we finished two bottles each. Fro We were already drinking our third and I feel so dizzy already. I've never been good in drinking because I don't really drink often. No, scratch that, I really don't drink. This is actually the third time in my entire life to drink but this is the first time time that I'm having more than one bottle. I only stock beer in my fridge for Sooyoung and Jessica who likes drinking and crashing in my place. Yoona, on the other hand, looks drunk already. I was about to say something when I suddenly heard a faint snore. She fell asleep too fast. I tried getting up to clean the mess and bring her to my room but I was too dizzy to balance myself so I just stayed there and stared at her for a moment. Her pretty face, captivating me again. My gaze turned and focused on her lips and I couldn't help but touch my own, making me reminisce the feeling of our lips pressed together. Then I closed my eyes and it didn't take long for me to get to dream land.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

okay, i have many things to apologize for right now. i'll start by saying sorry for updating so late. It's been a week already. I'm so sorry for making you wait that long, school seriously took all my time. our professors are monsters who kept giving us loads of crap to work our butts on. i'm so sorry for that. also, i'm really terribly sorry if you find this chapter lame. i rushed this update so i can give you something as soon as possible. i really hope you still keep being patient with me. i apologize to you my dear readers.

I won't promise but I'll do my very best to update atleast twice or thrice a week. I hope this chapter update still keeps your interest with my story. Once again, I'm sorry for a very late update. I'll do my best with the coming chapters. Kamsahamnida and Saranghaeyo everyone!

Your comments would really mean a lot to me and would help me greatly with coming up with an update. ^___^