Sequel

Sequel: Don't give up on us

 

 

I stood in the balcony, leaning on the railings as I gazed at the night stars. He hadn’t come home from his schedule today.

I sighed before lifting a hand up and tracing out a heart that was formed by the shining stars in the night sky.

“How was your day?” I heard that voice I had been longing to hear for the whole day.

I turned around, only to see him slipping into the balcony and walking towards me.

“Great, yours?” I asked in return, smiling as I hooked my arms around his neck.

“Pretty fine, but I am tired.” He whined, wrapping his arms around my waist and snuggling his face into my neck. `

I laughed before ruffling his smooth hair.

It was now brown and short from the new album promotions.

“What are you doing out here?” He asked, looking at me and pulling away from my neck, arms still securely around my waist.

“Waiting for my husband to be back so I can go to bed peacefully.” I smiled before leaning in to peck him on the cheek.

He laughed before pulling me to his chest and planting a kiss on my lips.

“I will go get a bath first.” He said before pulling away.  The wind rushing and hitting my own body, letting me feel so alone again.

I sighed before following behind him and into the room we shared.

He had gone into the bathroom to bathe and I was out here, waiting, again.

I sat down on the bed and stared at the table beside it.

Picking up the picture that sat on the lamp table, I broke into a smile.

It was a picture that one of my friends took of us kissing on the shore of the beach.

It was really sweet,  and adding the setting sun in the background. It looked perfect.

It had almost been two years since that day we got back together.

That day that I finally let myself believe that miracles do happen and that love doesn’t die off this easily.

If it’s meant to be, it will be.

“It was the right choice.” I said, having the memories of myself, contemplating whether to attend the Super Junior concert that year.

If I didn’t, I guess I would never see Hyukjae again.

Never. And this whole miracle wouldn’t have happened.

It was destiny that pulled us back into each other’s arms.

I laid down on the thick covers of our bed, letting my mind travel back in time.

 

“What are we doing here?” I asked, looking around.

“Just follow me.” He spoke before taking my hand and intertwining our fingers, pulling me into the place filled with thick bushes and trees.

Where were we?

“Are you sure it’s safe to be here…?” I asked, worried.

He kept quiet and brought up a hand, covering my eyes with his huge palm.

“What are you doing?” I muttered in shock as I brought my hand up to touch his that was over my eyes.

“Just trust me, will you? “ His voice held a tinge of laughter behind it.

I sighed in defeat and gripped onto his hand tighter, afraid of anything in front of me.

We continued to make our way down, god knows where.

But after a few minutes of me walking in suspense, we finally came to a halt.

Thank God.

He pulled his hand away from covering my eyes.

“Look.” He turned to smile at me, showing off his usual pink gums.

I turned, only to see a beautiful pavilion.

The whole place was lighted up with bright yellowish lights and it was so much like what you can only see in fairytales.

Every bar and railing that held the pavilion was covered in white roses.

“Come.” He took my hand and dragged me towards the beautifully lighted up place.

We stepped into it as I looked around, all mesmerised.

It was quiet, and it was extremely wonderful to be here, just the both of us.

“Do you like it?” He broke into a smile as he turned to me, asking.

I nodded quickly and smiled back at him.

“It’s beautiful.” I said, while untangling my fingers from his and wandering around the pavilion, touching the different roses that hung from the ceiling and everywhere else.

I heard music being played suddenly. I shot my head in the direction where the music came from.

Only to see 14 of the other members surrounding the whole place, singing.

I looked around, shocked because I didn’t realise they came since I was so fascinated with the flowers around me.

I turned around to look at Hyukjae, but in turn, I gasped in shock.

On his knees, he held out a red velvet box in his hands.

I walked towards him, my hands covering my mouth.

“I know I hadn’t done my part as my boyfriend or whatsoever, leaving you alone for years to fend for yourself in life. I know I have hurt you so much along the way and I am sorry. I have never kept to my promises. But now that I have you back in my arms again, I will not let go. I never will. Let me start new promises and let me do my part in fulfilling them. Give me a chance and be my wife?” He asked, holding out the beautiful ring in a finger now.

My eyes brimmed with tears and I covered my mouth in shock.

He was proposing to me.

The Super Junior members’ voice blended into to the background, creating a new feel as the music played together with it.

And in such a situation, Hyukjae definitely did a good job in song selection.

“Yes I will-l.” I stuttered as tears trickled down my cheeks in joy.

He stood up, slipping the ring down my finger. Immediately, claps were heard and the singing stopped.

Hyukjae pulled me into his warm embrace again, and pressing his lips on mine once more.

This was beautiful.

 

“What are you thinking about?” I heard his voice, snapping me right out of my thoughts as he jumped onto the bed, playfully.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Just thinking about your weird marriage proposal.” I commented.

“Hey! How was it weird.” He frowned, crossing his arms.

“But well, on a second thought, the members did a good job in preparing the song.” I continued to tease.

He frowned even more and pouted.

“If it was weird, then why did you accept it?” He retorted, making me turn pink in embarrassment at my own joke.

I looked away, biting my lip, ashamed.

“Hah! I won.” He grinned, showing off his gums once more.

It was quiet for a while before he broke the silence.

“You know I love you right?” He turned me around to face him.

I was actually not thinking about the joke from earlier on, but instead thinking about how I was going to break a single news that I found out this morning.

I snapped out of my daydream once more and nodded at him.

“Of course I know that.” I answered and he beamed.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom.

In front of the mirror, I mentally cursed myself for not being able to bring myself to tell him.

Was it that hard?

“Hey, you alright?” I heard his voice from outside, knocking on the door.

I wiped my face with a towel before unlocking the door and walking out.

He would be happy, right?

I should tell him.

I must and he needs to know. He has the right to know.

I smiled the moment I saw him in the room waiting for me as he sat up on the bed.

“Come here.” He patted the spot between his legs. I scooted towards him, sitting between his legs that spread out on the bed.

Leaning back into his chest, I sighed.

I never knew breaking a news would be that hard even though we were a married couple now.

The problem was that, I don’t know if it would come off as a good or a bad news to him. And that was what worried me the most.

He wrapped his arms securely around my waist as I leaned back into his chest, feeling his constant heartbeat.

“Hyuk?” I called out, placing a hand on his entwined fingers around my waist.

“Yeah?” 

“I have something I wanna tell you.” I said again. He leaned forward, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“What is it?”

“I am 3 weeks pregnant.” I blurted my words  out.

Some part of me just hoped that he didn’t hear  my words.

He jolted up in shock, turning me around to face him as his hands rested on my shoulders.

“Did I hear it wrongly? Are you pregnant?” He asked in shock, eyes widening.

“You heard it right.” I mumbled, looking down and feeling upset that he didn’t look much happy about hearing this news.

I glanced up at him, only to see him staring into space, still traumatised.

“Hyuk, you know if you don’t like kids-”

“No! I love them!” He cut me off, pulling me into his embrace.

“I love them, I am going to become a father!” He squealed in delight, shaking me and planting kisses around my face.

I broke into a smile.

“You do?”  I asked, pulling away.

“Of course I do, and it’s our kid.” He smiled again before planting a kiss on my lips.

“We are going to have so many kids. So so many.” He continued.

I laughed at his words.

“Excuse you, I am not a mother hen.” I glared at him, frowning.

“Of course you are not, you are a mother pig.” He pinched my nose.

“No!” I shouted, jumping on him and hitting his head.

“Thank you.” He suddenly said, seriously. 

“Thank you.” He said again, before pulling me back into his embrace and kissing my forehead.

Probably that was why I loved him.

Playful yet loving, and that was too the father of my child.

The impossible do happens, and sometimes I really felt like giving up in the past on the young love we had back then.

Who actually knew that fate would pull us together again, leaving us inseparable?

“I love you.” I spoke, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss on the lips.

The feeling was beautiful even though that kissing each other was already a daily routine, but it was still beautiful and special.

Because I was sure I saw sparks fly each time our lips met.