One year

Love Chat

 

Chanyeol woke up groggy and ruffled his hair before getting up and seeing his roommate Baekhyun wasn’t in his bed. Confused he went out into the living room and saw Baekhyun opening up some mail from the fans and he walked over and sat down.

            Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol and smiled “Good morning sleepy head!”

            Chanyeol chuckled and pushed Baekhyun a little bit. “Good morning to you too.” He stretched and made little baby dinosaur noises and he asked Baekhyun while looking at the mail, “Are there any gifts from America there.”

            Baekhyun sighed, “Yes there are gifts from America, but none of them say they are from Anita.”

            Chanyeol groaned and laid down on his back, “Wae hasn’t she sent anything? It has been a year. You would think that she would have sent something by now.”

            Baekhyun shakes his head and looks over at Chanyeol. “You keep saying the same thing every day. You haven’t seen this girl since last year. You don’t know where from America she is from and you never really told me why she is important.”

            Chanyeol sighed and sat up looking at Baekhyun, “She is important because I never got to apologize to her.”

            Baekhyun nodded once, “Oh right you got mad at her.”

            Chanyeol replied, “Mhm and I never got to ask her if she was still mad at me. And if she was that would mean that I left things on a bad note with her. I have been practicing my English with Kris so that if I ever do meet her I can apologize.”

            “Well according to Kris America is really big. So she could be anywhere. Yet I have a feeling she isn’t in California or else we would have seen her there.”

            “But what if she was only at the concert and tried to get my attention, but it didn’t work because there were so many other people there?”

            “Chanyeol!” Baekhyun put his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders. “Breathe!” Chanyeol took deep and slow breathes. “Better?” Chanyeol nodded. “Good! Now we need to get ready for our activities for today.”

            “Okay, but ummm who is going to wake up everyone else?” The two stare at each other. “Lets settle this our way.” Baekhyun agreed. “Kai Bai Bo!” Chanyeol threw down Rock and Baekhyun threw down Scissors. “Yes! I win!!” Happily Chanyeol got up and head into the bathroom to take a shower. Chanyeol liked taking long showers. It gave him time to think and to reflect on everything. That morning he decided to think about Anita.

            Out of all the fans he met everyone from that chat was so down to earth and friendly. Well except for Chaos. She or he, never really figured that one out, really was rude. I mean okay even if he wasn’t an idea they should of treated him with respect like everyone else.

            Even though everyone was really nice and great he just couldn’t stop thinking about Anita. She was the only one that had the guts to sing Mama in front of him. Remember their conversation about the Mama singing contest he thought that if she entered maybe he could see her again, but she never entered.

            He kept remembering how when they first debuted and all the fans would scream and some even cry at the sight of them. He almost forgot what it meant to be normal. The only connection he had to normal was when he was with his family and his EXO brothers. He also was remembering the day he was bored during break and decided to Google the group and stumbling upon that chat. He liked how no one was screaming. No one was treating him differently. They were just kind to him especially Anita.

            Everyone was in their own conversations and even though her Korean was really bad, she still tried to include him in some way. No one else tried to talk to him and he was about to leave, until Anita answered.

            Chanyeol shook his head and went back to doing his normal routine trying not to think about the chat. Yet all efforts were futile as his mind wandered and went back to the night that he lost them, his friends. He had no idea what pedo meant until he asked Kris later.

            There was no way that they knew who that creep was. He was disgusting and a low life. Chanyeol hoped that you guys were able get that guy off the site and in jail. He kept his eyes on the news in America to see if it appeared, but it didn’t. Which could mean that it was dealt with in a private manner or nothing happened at all. He hoped it wasn’t the second choice. Yet why would the room be closed if nothing happened? Something must have happened. Right?

            Chanyeol breaks out of his train of thought when he hears a knock on the door. “Hyung! I need to use the bathroom!” It was Kyungsoo pounding on the door. “Jongin is being a head and locked the door so he could stare at himself in the mirror.” Kyungsoo pounded more on the door.

            Chanyeol chuckled and turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist and opened the door. “All yours umma.” Chanyeol ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair and walked into his room getting his outfit ready for the promotion they had for the day, a fan signing. Chanyeol liked doing the fan signings it was their way of giving back to the fans and he felt like he was able to show more of himself at those events.

            Chanyeol got dressed and say that Baekhyun was already dressed and that breakfast was on the table as well as the other members of EXO. Chanyeol sat down next to his roommate and his mind wandered yet again thinking about what would happen if Anita came to one of the fan signings. Would he say hi? Would he run around the table and hug you?

            Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol was spacing out and nudged him and whispered into his ear, “You need to be focus today. Remember what Manager hyung said. This is the last time for us to really make a good impression on Soo Man before we go on our break. Better responses from the fans means the sooner we get to do our comeback.” Chanyeol nodded and understood what his roommate was saying. He just had to not think about Anita for a full day. That won’t be too hard. Right?