Chapter 5: A Day Around You

Red Snow of Fate

Seocho District, Yoona's apartment

Yoona was already wide and awake by this time. She was dressed in a white button up shirt that was folded to her elbows and her hair was in a ponytail. She was preparing breakfast for herself. She was the only one living there in the house. Tiffany would come by time to time so she wasn't very lonely but that was after she met Tiffany. She moved to Seocho when her parents allowed her to become part of the Shi Dae Organization.

After preparing the meal, she happily ate and got ready for work. She had started working in a cafe as a hobby. The organization pays well but sometimes, she felt that she wanted to separate that title whenever she's not at work. She wore a solid black vest over her white shirt and she wore a black, white-laced skirt, paired with some heels.

She looked at the time. It was 7:30. Work was going to start in 30 minutes. She was pretty lucky it was just a couple of blocks and a turn in the corner to get to the cafe. She took her keys from the table after taking a jacket, she left the house. Right after she closed the door, she locked it and left. She got out the building and started walking.

The sun was brightly shining and Yoona loved this type of weather. It was not cold nor was it hot and she felt comfortable in her coat. She smiled. Every time she works in the cafe, she feels like... a human. What she was before, it was a faint memory of her parents trying to strengthen her. Her parents were both vampires but her mother was a Half, like she is. It was at the coming of her age did she started transforming and thus, became what she was now.

 

Yuri was around the Seocho District. She was on top of a building and on bird's view, she could see the doe-eyed girl walking out at this time. She was delighted to finally find the girl because she had been trying to follow and track her scent for the past 25 minutes. Now, she was in several feet proximity.

She was wearing a sand colored coat over a red and black striped sweater. She wore some jeans as her casual and shades on her eyes. It was a bright and beautiful day and everything was at peace. There were no orders from her boss so she really was enjoying the day so far. The wind blew a breeze at her, making her hair dance at the breeze's music.

"Haa..." She sighed.

"It's so bright today." Anyone hearing that would have fallen on their seat. Vampires didn't die on sunlight. For the most part, they are pretty much unaffected. Sometimes, water hurts their skins but they can't die. She complained still though.

Her eyes followed the girl's form and whenever she is out of range, she'd jump a building and she would just follow the scent. She was shocked to find the girl enter in a shop so she jumped down the building but remained out of sight. It was then did she recognize the cafe.

"This is-" She quickly hid when the door open, revealing a vampire she just talked to this morning.

 

Sunny looked around and found no one. She scanned the area but found nothing. Whatever it was, it was gone. She went back in the shop and faced a doe-eyed girl.

"Don't worry, Yoona. I think they're gone." Sunny assured. Yoona left out a sigh of release.

"Thanks, unnie. I was worried. It was a very uneasy feeling."

"I'll help you if you face any problem." They were setting up the tables. Before the hand reaches eight sharp, Sunny walked to the front door and switched the sign. 'Welcome to the SaJinSul Cafe.'

 

Shi Dae Organization, parking lot

Jessica and Tiffany were in the parking lot. Since they were going to the Namdaemun Shopping District, they needed a mode of transportation. Tiffany suggested that they take the train but for some reason, Jessica seems to disagree right away. They stopped at a section and found two vehicles, a motorbike and a car. The motorbike was a, combination of silver, bronze, and black lining, Yamaha WR250X. The car was a sleek, silver-exterior, jet black-interior Hyundai Equus. Tiffany stared in awe. She couldn't imagine something greater than this but she expected no less for the Seocho District is part of Gangnam Area after all. Many middle and upper class people live there and it was also very popular.

"Are we buying a lot?" Jessica asked. Tiffany shook her head.

"I don't think it'll be a lot. I'm only buying a few that I missed last time. How about you?"

"I'm just buying some things to keep some food in the house. Have you ever ridden a bike before?"

"Not really. Aren't they dangerous?"

"They can be. Depends on if you're meant for an accident." Jessica said but then she realized that she's probably just making Tiffany worried.

"I'll drive safely so come on." Jessica took two helmets from the compartment and hopped on the bike. She looked at Tiffany.

"Hop on. Here, wear this." Tiffany accepted the helmet and climbed on the bike, sitting behind Jessica. Jessica looked back at her, saw she was a bit confused, and took the helmet from her hands.

"I'll do it." Jessica helped fix the helmet and secured it on Tiffany. She secured her own and talked.

"The helmets have earphones so don't shout when you talk to me." Jessica said. But Tiffany got shocked by the sudden voice in her head.

"What?" It in Tiffany's normal voice but it kind of got louder equivalent to a shout. Jessica flinched a bit and clutched her helmet.

"Don't shout." Jessica muttered again.

"Sorry..." Tiffany apologized. Jessica started the engine and noticed that Tiffany wasn't holding on.

"Hey, you have to hold on or you'll fall." Jessica said. Tiffany was worried though.

"I'm just a bit worried. Yesterday, you..." Tiffany trailed off. Jessica realized what she was talking about. She smiled unseen by Tiffany.

"Taeyeon told you I was hungry, right? It's okay. I won't collapse if you hold on to me. They are under control for today." After saying that, Jessica took both Tiffany's arms and secured them around her waist. Tiffany was blushing at this. She heard Jessica sigh.

"I'm not going to say anything..." Tiffany got confused then she realized. Jessica could probably smell her blood rushing through.

"Ya!" She slightly hit Jessica on the back. She could only hear laughter. It was melodious and joyous. Full of sheer enjoyment and genuinity. She was a bit disappointed because she couldn't see Jessica face though.

"Ok. Hold on and we'll go." Tiffany wound her arms around Jessica and they drove off to Namdaemun, a good long drive.

 

Shi Dae Organization, Taeyeon's office

Krystal was reading some records and books from the bookcases for hours. She got tired of watching Taeyeon so she switched to the books. From time to time Taeyeon would go to one area of the room and back to her desk, then another area in the room and back. Watching Taeyeon go back and forth for about two hours just made Krystal dizzy. Taeyeon just laughed at her and suggested that she read some things.

She saw the records her sister had 50 years ago. She looked at the picture that was on the file. Even if Jessica hadn't age since then, one could see a slight difference comparing her then to now. She had blonde hair now. She had black hair 50 years ago and it was shown on the picture. Krystal deduced that Jessica probably changed it right after the incident. And it really bugged Krystal that she didn't remember the stories Jessica told her a long time ago. She placed the file back and took another.

There were two files she took. One of them was someone's she didn't personally know and the other was Taeyeon's

Krystal opened Taeyeon's first. From the looks Taeyeon had then compared to now, she also colored her hair. Krystal wondered if it was a thing to color your hair if you're facing a crisis. She also noticed that Taeyeon's hair color in the picture were the same as the one she had in the picture she showed them, the picture of her and Sunny. She started feeling guilty. She placed Taeyeon's files back. She looked around the room to find Taeyeon gone. She probably left to make some arrangements a while ago. It has been quiet in a while. Krystal stopped hearing the sound of heels clacking on the floor.

Now, she eyed the file left in her hand. She could see that this and the other files were old. The files had been encrypted in the computers now and certainly, if one looks in these old files now, there is no value at all. These files were not updated at all for the last 50 years. She can tell that not any of the files have been opened. The name printed was Hwang Miyoung.

She was about to open the file when Taeyeon was now back in the room and called her out.

"Krystal! I'm done for today. You want to go somewhere?" Taeyeon walked near Krystal and saw the file in her hand.

"Wow. Such a sleuth, little Jung." Krystal pouted at the nickname. Taeyeon laughed.

"I'm taller than you though..." She whispered under her breath, almost as if she never said it. Taeyeon still heard it though.

"Ya! I heard that. You really are a Jung." Taeyeon reached to pat Krystal's head. Krystal just smiled. She placed the file back in the bookcase and she didn't see the confused look on Taeyeon's face. Taeyeon was wondering why she placed it back.

"Are you done reading it?"

"Well, I haven't actually. I'll read it next time." Taeyeon shook her head.

"I give you permission to take the file today. Besides, it's already lunch time so we can eat at this cafe Yoona works at. We can talk about this on the way." Taeyeon suggested and Krystal nodded enthusiastically.

 

Shi Dae Organization

Seohyun was going around and about the building to get her work done. Surprisingly, today was a busy day for her. It was probably because they had just finished a mission and since she was in charge of filing all the papers for the Deohyeos that we're killed. She didn't like what the organization does. Not any of them in the team do. When she first started working here, she wondered why the organization killed the Deohyeos. Of course, she knows they create chaos in the city but somehow, she had a feeling that they can amount to so much more.

She can remember what Taeyeon told her when she brought it up one time.

'I used to not think like that. I used to want them gone because they were useless. But someone told me these words that proved me wrong and opened my eyes. She said, 'There is no such thing as something in this world that is useless.'

Seohyun smiled at the memory. There was someone else who thought the same as her. She was a bit disappointed though when she found out that the person who said so was gone. She shook her head. She rested for a bit and now it was time to continue work. Unfortunately, and probably out of character, she didn't watch where she was going when she walked down a few steps of a small stair junction on the floor, with a stack of papers. She felt herself fall down and the papers flew. She braced impact but it never came. Instead she felt a body under hers. She got up and found a familiar vampire under her.

"Oh! Hyoyeon unnie. Sorry about that. I wasn't looking." Seohyun said as she apologized as she helped the girl up.

"No. It's alright. You seem to be in deep thought so I followed you a bit. It was a good thing that I'm fast." Hyoyeon assured as to not make Seohyun feel bad.

"Let me get these. I know Taeyeon's taking Krystal out to eat lunch so I'll help you today." Hyoyeon offered. Seohyun was about to decline when Hyoyeon made a face. She couldn't believe her eyes that she just nodded. It was then did she notice that the stack was already in Hyoyeon's hand.

"Let's go. I'll follow you around today." Seohyun smiled at the vampire's gesture. They walked together around the building.

 

Namdaemun District, in a store

Jessica and Tiffany walked around with a basket at hand. They place a few things in.

"Oh!" Tiffany suddenly exclaimed.

"Wha-? Hey. Where are you?" Jessica turned to see that Tiffany wasn't there beside her. She caught a scent and walked towards it to see a group of people clustered together. She waited for a bit and found the human she was looking for coming out of the crowd. She had a plastic case full of strawberries.

"What's wrong with you?" Jessica asked a bit angry.

"Eh? Why?" Tiffany asked confused.

"Why would you leave so suddenly? Do you know how wor- shocked I was to turn and not find you there?" Jessica said looking away. Tiffany didn't miss the message. Jessica had been worried. She placed the strawberries in their basket and held it along with Jessica. Her hand was on top of Jessica's.

"Sorry, Jessi..." Tiffany apologized. Jessica looked at her.

"Jessi? Well. Fine. Just don't do it again. Tell me first." Jessica said. Her face was now hidden from Tiffany's view but Tiffany knows that Jessica was blushing.

"Ok. Let's go." They finished and soon, they checked the items out. Jessica managed to trick Tiffany into letting her pay for the whole thing. Tiffany realized it when Jessica already paid and she got the receipt.

"Ah! I can't believe you tricked me." Tiffany was still frowning. Jessica held the small bag of groceries. She walked with one hand holding it, the other in her pocket.

"It's the least I could've done. You even had to spend you day with me." Tiffany said.

"Don't say it as if I was forced into this." Jessica countered. Tiffany looked at Jessica with hope.

"Did you enjoy being with me?"

"... Yeah. I did. So stop moping. You're ruining it." Tiffany was shocked at this. She stared at Jessica's face and since Jessica kept walking, she was faced with Jessica's back. She heard Jessica sigh.

"If you're going to stand there, I'm dragging you with me. Just forget about it." Jessica was still walking. Tiffany smiled and ran to Jessica's side, linking their arms together.

"No way. That was sweet of you."

"Whatever." Tiffany was really smiling widely at that time. First, Jessica said she had enjoyed the day with her. And second, Jessica has indeed opened up to her unlike before when she first woke. They placed the groceries in the helmet compartment and they drove off again.

A few hours later, they managed to get to Jessica's apartment first. Jessica placed the items on the cupboards and some on the refrigerator. Finishing with the last of her items, Jessica ce again to see Tiffany gone. But this time, she didn't worry too much. She could smell Tiffany's blood in the house and the door didn't make a sound. She knew Tiffany was in the house.

Getting to the living room, she saw Tiffany on the couch. She was sitting up but her head was nodding off. Jessica looked at her worriedly. She must have been tired grocery shopping. Tiffany would vanish at first then come back with a few items, where few is not two or three but five or six. When Jessica scolded her for vanishing, she would drag Jessica with her instead. It was comical how they were the only that came to the area because Jessica was there. Unknown to Tiffany, she was glaring at the other shoppers. They became too afraid to come and only started huddling up after Jessica and Tiffany walked away.

She sat on the one person couch next to the one Tiffany was at. Tiffany was still nodding off. Jessica tried to stay on her side but Tiffany really fell asleep. Her body came crushing down on the sofa and Jessica panicked when she saw a book on the sofa. She rushed to Tiffany's side before she fell and with a swift movement, took the book and was now seated next to the girl.

She let out a sigh of relief. Shockingly, through all the commotion Jessica made, she just stirred but was still asleep. She was now sleeping on Jessica's lap and was facing outward. Her hair fell back and Jessica could smell her. Her eyes looked at other places so she wouldn't be tempted, to increase her hunger, to bite. She took locks of Tiffany's red hair and covered her neck. What she didn't see though, are bite marks on her neck. Two very old punctures on Tiffany's neck that had the same length in distance and diameter as one on her own. Soon, she also felt tired. She allowed herself to sleep sitting, leaning back against the couch, a hand on Tiffany's waist, making sure that any movement that could cause her to fall were restricted.

 

Seocho District, around the park

Taeyeon and Krystal decided to sit on a bench first at the park. At this time, they had eaten at a restaurant first. Taeyeon didn't eat much but it was adequate. They decided that before they go to a cafe, they should enjoy the good weather first.

"Today is a very good day. It's not windy. Nor is it too hot or two cold. As expected for autumn to be like spring, almost perfect." Taeyeon said, appreciating the good weather.

"Exactly how many spring and fall have passed by for you unnie?" Krystal said laughing.

"Ya! I may be the oldest but I'm still young."

"Really? How old are you in human years?"

"... A bit older than Jessica."

"But unnie, that's not young at all." Krystal said laughing. Taeyeon bopped her forehead lightly while laughing.

"Okay. I think this would be a good time to ask some questions before the day ends. And you apologize to your sister about lying. I did tell you we're going to meet a few friends of mine but not today. They'll come in a week from now. They were visiting their leader in China. They're really nice so you'll like them." Taeyeon said as she pointed to the file that Krystal brought. Krystal stood up to get the file in her bag. She placed her bag on the bench and took the file out.

"Okay. Let me-" Krystal stopped as she opened the file. She froze and dropped the file on the ground.

"This file is of a person called Hwang Miyoung." Taeyeon said picking the file up and looking out while her hand was motioning for Krystal to take it.

"This is... Tiffany unnie? This is... Who is Hwang Miyoung?"

"Unbelievable, yes, I know. But when I saw her applications, I couldn't believe it either."

"Wait. Who is Hwang Miyoung?"

"Hwang Miyoung is the Pure your sister loves. Could you take the file? My arm hurts."

"What?"

"She was the one that Jessica couldn't protect. Her disappearance was the reason Jessica cried and left the organization after killing half the population of the Deohyeos. I'm not supposed to tell you this but you found the file. If you had opened and read it in the office, you would've asked anyway."

"... What happened to her?" It was only now did Krystal took the file again.

"Even neither I nor Jessica knows. At one point, she just vanished. I do know that there is another person who might know. He was a friend to both Jessica and Miyoung. I don't know his name but I'm sure Jessica might. She still has a picture of the three of them together."

"So when you said that she was betrayed, it was by that man?" Taeyeon nodded. Krystal observed the file.

"Hm... Unnie, what are those?"

"What is what?" Taeyeon asked looking at the picture Krystal was pointing at. There were very tiny marks on the girl's neck. Was it even impossible to see those marks?

"Those marks. On her neck."

"Oh. Don't worry about that. Those are Jessica's."

"Huh?"

"A Pure kind of imprints it. It doesn't vanish; at least I don't think so. Are you sure you've been utilizing the use of the library?"

"Unnie! What does it mean if Tiffany unnie has the same mark?"

"That's impossible. Tiffany is human. Miyoung was a Pure."

"But what does it mean if she has it?"

"Hypothetically, then Miyoung is the same person as Tiffany. But I tell you, it's highly unlikely."

"Fine." Krystal decided to drop the subject. With her limited knowledge, she can't really argue with someone probably centuries oldest than her. She groaned internally at the thought of hitting the books again.

"Okay. Keep the file. We'll go to this cafe. Yoona works part-time there. I heard it's really nice."

 

SaJinSul Cafe

The cafe wasn't busy but it wasn't devoid of people either. It was like any other day and the employees didn't mind.

"Yoona-ya~ Can you help me clean table 3?" Sunny asked as she delivers an order on another table.

"I'm on it, unnie." Yoona rushed to table 3 and busted out a cleaning cloth. When people left, a new people came in so it was pretty much an equal rotation. Once Yoona finished cleaning the table, Sunny was done taking the orders. She took their order and started preparing it. The door opened, signaling a new customer.

"Welcome to SaJinSul Cafe." Yoona greeted. She eyed the two customers. One was someone she had met before while the other was unfamiliar. Nevertheless she kept her professional demeanor and led them to their table.

"Right this way. Someone will be here in a moment to take your order." Yoona said before leaving. By this time, Sunny finished preparing the order so she placed them on the counter.

"Here it is. Yoona, could you take this to table 1?"

"Got it." Yoona gave the order to the people on the said table. Sunny came out of the kitchen to see the two vampires who just came in waving at her.

"Oh! What are you two doing here?" Sunny hurried to them. Yoona kept an open ear.

"You know why. I'm here to visit you at work." Yuri said.

"Right. You're here for me." Sunny said while rolling her eyes. She subtly pointed to Yoona while looking at both Sooyoung and Yuri. Although Yuri shook her head, Sunny saw Sooyoung smiling and nodding. Sooyoung noticed that they were the only employees there.

"Do you need some help run the place?" Sooyoung asked.

"Hm? Oh. Well, Yoona and I can handle it. The place just isn't busy today. If it was, then you would've seen us in action."

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to have extra hands from time to time right?" Sunny thought about it first.

"I guess it won't hurt."

"Okay. It's settled. We'll start now." Sooyoung said. Yuri didn't even have a say in it when Sooyoung pulled her behind to the employee room. Yoona approached Sunny.

"Unnie. Did you just hire them?"

"Yeah. We might need some help. Plus, there is strength in numbers."

"Do you personally know them?" Yoona asked to which Sunny nodded.

"They're pretty nice. Sooyoung is the tall one and the other one is-"

"Yuri, right?"

"Uh. Yeah. You remembered from before." Yoona nodded.

"What were you doing then?" Sunny smiled at Yoona's curiosity.

"It's a secret. I'll tell you when it's time." Yoona seemed satisfied with the answer. After all, they had learned to separate their life outside of work and their life inside. Yuri and Sooyoung came out and they were dressed in uniforms, almost the same as the ones Sunny and Yoona wore. Both were wearing white button ups covered by black vests. Sooyoung wore pants while Yuri wore a skirt. Her hair wasn't placed in a ponytail but she did have some parts tied back. Yoona smiled. Yuri was indeed beautiful.

"Okay. You guys can help take orders and I'll work kitchen duty." The door opened.

"Welcome to SaJinSul Cafe." Sunny welcomed when a familiar face appeared, busting the door open.

"Unnie?!"

"Oh, Krystal. Welcome." Sunny was a bit confused when Krystal looked really shocked.

"What are you doing here?" Krystal asked while looking back behind her. Sunny peeked as well.

"I work here. What's wrong?" Then a tired individual came walking in, panting heavily. Clearly, she ran all the way here. Sunny froze.

"When... I get my... hands on you... You are so..." A vampire walked in with her hands on her knees. Sunny wanted to run but she couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon unnie." Krystal said. Taeyeon looked up.

"You-” Taeyeon froze as her eyes met Sunny's.

"Sunny?" Taeyeon called. Sunny bolted to the back of the store.

"Wait!" Taeyeon followed. Sooyoung, Yuri, and Yoona were at loss for words. They had never seen Sunny as such.

"Oh no. What do I do?"

"What's wrong Krystal?" Yoona asked. Krystal only gave them a knowing look.

"Taeyeon unnie is Sunny's lover." This placed shocked expressions on the three's faces.

 

A/N: Hey guys! What do you guys think?

I got new subscribers again. ^^ Yeah! Thanks for subscribing guys. I hope you are enjoying this fic.

I'm in deep trouble. I haven't started on my Science Fair experiment and my other homework. I'm so in trouble. My mom's close to taking my phone away. ^^;

 

Replies:

@KalakiMae: Here is chapter 5. How was this chapter? Jeti are progressing well. Sunyeon met. Thanks for reading my story. Fighting!

@Syntax_Error: Hi. Thanks for reading and liking my story. I thank you very much. I hope you caught the clue about Miyoung and Tiffany. You guys are quick after all. Hope you like this chapter as well.

@snsdforeverandmore: Here's the next chapter. Thanks for reading and liking my story. Hope you enjoy this as well.

@Saisairee: Hey~ Here's chapter 5. Thanks for liking the past chapter as well. Hope you enjoy this one too. Jeti developments and Sunyeon met. And yes, Krystal planned Jeti to go out together. In the process, she also found out about Miyoung.

@babystrawb3: Here's the update. Jeti went out and Sunyeon met. Sweet right? Well, that was what I thought. Hehe. Fighting!

@sunshiner_here: Hey there. No biting yet but there might be soon. Not sure yet. Hope you like this one.

@yyyuile: I want to thank you again for asking. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well now that everything's cleared up. Thanks for liking the story and here's the update.

@eyelovegg: Annyeong, chingu-ya~ Thanks for making time to read my story. I really appreciate your support. The thing about Sunny should be revealed in future chapters. Don't know which one yet but be ready. Hehe.

@taeminsunnylover: Hehe. No kisses yet but Jeti had relationship developments in this chapter. Yoonyul just started working on the same place so the next one would probably have them. And lastly, Sunyeon met. Hope you enjoy this update.

 

Thanks again for the new subscribers and comments. I love knowing you guys enjoy my work especially when I see the story views double every chapter. It's all due to my silent readers as well. Thank you! Hehe. I think it's going faster than I expected.

Do you guys have some ideas? I might be experiencing some idea-deprivation.

 I updated since I was being lazy to do homework. I should really start it. Hehe. ^^;

That's all for now. See you guys again. ^-^v