Chapter 3: First Mission and Meetings

Red Snow of Fate

Shi Dae Organization, Suites

 

Hyoyeon made her way up to the suites. She got a text from Taeyeon saying the Jessica was back and this made her more enthusiastic about the day. It's not like she hated Jessica. No, far from that. Hyoyeon was one of those people in the organization that Jessica counted on when she left. Of course, they had some fights but they still get along. The last time Hyoyeon saw Jessica was when Jessica left for America to be with her sister. They didn't settle their previous arguments but Hyoyeon was sure that with Jessica, something as trifle as the disagreements they had were not worth dwelling upon at.

She made a quick turn around a corner as soon as she exited the elevator. And the scent she caught a while ago was stronger.

"There they are." She whispered to herself when she saw a door open on the said floor. This floor was called the Jung floor because the former Jungs of the organization had lived there and was also supporters of the company. It was definitely used by people from the Jung bloodline. She was in front of the door when a voice called her out.

"Oh, Hyoyeon. You're here." She entered the room and found three people. Taeyeon, Jessica, and who she assumed as Krystal, Jessica's younger sister, were standing in the room.

"Yeah, I wouldn't forget to give my greetings." Hyoyeon answered to Taeyeon. Jessica looks at her and she returns the same look. Both of them suddenly approached each other. It looked like they were about to challenge each other when both shook hands and smiled.

"Oh, Jessica. How have you been? How was America?"

"Hyoyeon. I've been good. America has changed a lot from when I last went there but it's still the same. We had to move after a few while to see more of America. It was recently did my parents requested that I take Krystal here."

"So, this girl here is Krystal? She's taller than you." Krystal laughed at Hyoyeon's comment.

"Ya! What makes you so different? She's taller than you too." Jessica defended. This brought a happy smile in Jessica's face that Krystal rarely saw. They were the smiles that Jessica would have when she is genuinely happy. The usual smile she would see is a smirk but this was different.

They had a couple of good laughs as they brought back old memories and tried to catch up on things. Beforehand, Jessica told Krystal to get ready to study at the library. Krystal pouted but still went to the bedroom and started getting ready. While they waited, a topic was brought up.

"Hey. There's this newbie that Taeyeon just hired. She's pretty good for a human. And from what I heard, Taeyeon invited her to join the field team. With us!" Jessica looked at Taeyeon with slight amusement.

"A human on the team?"

"Yeah." Taeyeon answered.

"They get hurt easily though. Why would you want her on the team?" Taeyeon was about to argue but Hyoyeon answered instead.

"Don't get mad at Taeyeon. She's the leader so she has the right to do so. Also, I saw her skill record a few hours ago. According to our systems, she ranks an average under our category."

"Exactly. She'll be a great help to the company. Besides, it won't hurt to add her in the team."

"Hm... Okay. I'll look at the file later. If you both say so, but if she becomes a bother, she's out." Jessica said coldly. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon smiled. Jessica used to never give anyone a chance ever since and now, she just did.

"She's really something so she'll be a good addition." Jessica didn't bother reacting to the comment. Krystal came out and was ready to study. She brought some notebooks and some pens and pencils in her bag.

"Oh, your sister's ready. You three could go to the library. I'll be going to my office. There's more work to do up there." Taeyeon said.

"If you need help, ask, okay?" Taeyeon smiled at Jessica.

"Yup. Don't worry. You'll be the first one to know." The four of them left the room and went to the elevators. The library was below several floors and the office was on top of the building so they rode different elevators.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll have a file ready for the team today. If you get bored, just see if your skills became rusty. No harm in a friendly competition, ok?" Taeyeon suggested before leaving to go to her office.

Hyoyeon looked at Jessica and Jessica looked at her. Krystal looked at the both of them. The two nodded and Krystal came to a realization.

"Okay, Unnies. You can go to the training room. I'll find my way to the library. Taeyeon unnie gave me a card pass to the library so I'll just go."

"What if you get lost? I'll go with you." Jessica suggested, clearly worried.

"Don't worry, Unnie. This place is pretty secure. I won't get lost. If I do, well... I'll ask directions." Krystal assured her. She left the two and made her way to the library.

Jessica and Hyoyeon walked to another elevator as Krystal left to go to the library. The walk was silent even if they walked side by side. Hyoyeon soon got tired and she decided to bring up their last argument. She began by apologizing. They rode the elevator down.

"Hey. Sorry about what I said last time. About not needing someone who can't protect their own kind." Hyoyeon observed Jessica's reaction. There was a bit flash of hurt in her eyes but it was quickly replaced by the usual stoic expression.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should have understood that you did your best to protect her."

"It doesn't matter. Why are you apologizing? The best that I did wasn't enough so it's still my fault."

"Are you still blaming yourself for that?"

"No... I'm not."

"You're clearly still doing so."

"I'm not." But Hyoyeon knows better.

"Have you found him yet?"

"No. He's laid low for a long time but I'll find him. As long as I keep destroying his creations, I know I'll find him soon. And when I do..." Jessica didn't continue. The elevator stopped at the right floor and they got out. Now, many of the employees were training.

The place wasn't full but you can see many people. Hyoyeon scanned the place to look for the two she saw earlier. When she didn't see them resting on the benches, she accessed a computer and looked for them. They were in another training room. This time, they were in the room next to the shooting range, the weapon room. The weapon room was where they trained using different weapons like swords, spears, and sometimes, bow and arrows.

"Can you hurry up?" Jessica said impatiently.

"What's wrong? Too crowded?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I could care less what this company's employees think as long as they stay away from me. I just want to see how things have changed."

"Well, let's go to the shooting range. I'm sure you need some refresher when you always use your sword."

"Hmp! I'll prove to you that you'll be the one needing a refresher and not me." Jessica said as she walked toward the room. Hyoyeon smirked at Jessica's competitive nature.

They got the gears and set up. Jessica removed her hat and black jacket and placed them on a chair in the room. Hyoyeon monitored the machine.

"Do you want to start easy or advanced right away?" She received a look from Jessica. She laughed.

"Who am I kidding? Let's start on advanced." Clicking the right keys, the advanced setting was activated. Targets came flashing at different directions and they moved at very high speed. It was almost invisible to untrained eyes. The other employees watched with excitement. They hadn't seen anyone to choose the advance setting in a long while.

Jessica stepped forward first and started her equipment. She raised the rifle and looked into the scope.

"Hey. Don't you want to use your handgun? I'm sure you'll enjoy it more." Hyoyeon suggested.

"It's fine. I can do this." Then, the shooting began. One by one, as each target passed her, each earned a hole to the middle of the target, right on the red dot. The people gasped in awe.

There were two other people watching. They were looking through the glass that divides the shooting room and the weapon room. Tiffany and Yoona were sparing before the shooting started. It was then did they start watching.

"Wow... Such commendable accuracy. She's getting all of them at the targets."

"Yoona, do you know who she is?"

"I didn't think I'll be able to see her. I've only heard of her. She's Jessica Jung, the Ice Hunter. She's part of the team before I came here. Taeyeon unnie often talks about her and she's in some of the records in the library. She was responsible for the annihilation of thousands of the population of the Deohyeo fifty years ago. She left the organization for some unknown reason. I didn't think she'd be back." Yoona explained as she watched in awe.

Tiffany returned her eyes to the girl. 'The Ice Hunter...' She could see great concentration as each bullet puncture through the targets. Without even knowing, her eyes gazed at the posture and stature of the girl. Her mind unconsciously wandered and memorized the appearance of the vampire and a blush formed on her cheeks.

"Unnie, what's wrong? You're face is red." Yoona pointed out innocently, not really knowing anything.

"Are you coming down with a fever? You're face is heating up." Yoona placed her hand on Tiffany's forehead and was shocked to find it at rising. Tiffany just shook her head.

"I'm fine. I probably just need to rest." They both sat down until Jessica finished her shooting. The results came out.

"Show off... How can she get a 9.8 after all these years? Her scores always jump around the nines." Hyoyeon mumbled to herself. Jessica smirks as she heard those words.

"So, care to start yours?" Jessica said.

"Never mind. I'll just embarrass myself."

"Oh come on. If you don't, you'll embarrass yourself. Here." Jessica encouraged Hyoyeon as she passed the gun.

"Fine." Hyoyeon started her test. Her eyes quickly distinguished the direction of the targets' movement. She shot at them one by one. Although she didn't hit them all at the red dot, she was able to hit all of them without a miss. The people in the room also were in awe. Soon, she finished hers and the results came out.

"Wow. 9.3? That's not bad. And according to your record, you've improved a lot."Jessica pointed out. They smiled at each other.

Hyoyeon started cleaning up and placing the gears on the cases. Jessica was sitting down on a chair as she separated the pieces of the rifle and cleaned them. After a while, they finished.

There was a beat. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. It was a heartbeat and she felt it in her own being. Jessica caught a very familiar scent. It was a faint scent of... Jessica looked around. But by that time, Tiffany and Yoona already left the floor to eat. When she can no longer locate the source of the scent, she frowned. The beat also stopped.

"Was that my imagination?" Jessica whispered to herself, asking.

"What was?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Nothing. Let's go."

 

In the library

Krystal sat near a table with a lot of books. There were both books in English and Korean. She was jotting down some notes. She was being educated on the three divisions of vampires. She was looking for something specifically but pages to pages she flipped through and still none.

"Where is it?" She was looking for the reason her sister didn't eat. She can eat all types of food but her sister couldn't. Since she was curious now, she regretted not reading when they were in the plane before they transferred to the boat. She sighed in frustration. A line catches her eye.

'A Pure can only drink from one being in their lifetime. This regulates the blood intake of Pures so there isn't any trouble with the humans. It is an adaptation they have developed when they started living together with the humans. This is one of the reasons the vampires and humans can live together. However, when the being that supports the vampire dies, they can't drink anymore blood. Their body would just reject any other blood. Since they are Pures, they can't be filled by human food.'

"Unnie..." Krystal whispers as she finally found an answer. She tried to look for ways that will allow Pures to consume something but there was nothing. She frowned.

"Taeyeon unnie is also a pure. I wonder when the last time she ate was." She continued looking through the books. From time to time, she searched for member records to look for any relationships but there were just so many books.

"This is going to take a long time." She sighed.

 

In Head Office

Taeyeon typed fast and windows opened and closed with amazing speed. Seohyun was also in the office, seated a bit far from Taeyeon. Often they would slide seats in symmetry and perfect timing to fix different parts of the review and papers. They had a big screen between them. It was currently black, showing the desktop. A window pops out and this catches both their eyes.

"Taeyeon unnie. It's here." Seohyun said as they noticed the notification on the screen.

"Is it from him again?" Taeyeon asked as she opened the message.

"Yes. It's from the founder."

It read:

 

Hello Shi Dae Head and Vice-head,

Taeyeon and Seohyun, how have you two been? Is everything under control? Thank you for your hard work. Anyway, here's the next assignment. There have been Deohyeo disturbances in Gwanak District. I want you and the team to erase any of the Deohyeo in the area. I heard they are going to attack by noon so get ready. I want you to head there tomorrow with the team. Do whatever you can to settle the area. I repeat, only Deohyeos. I'll wait for the outcome once you finish.

 

Shi Dae Founder

Good luck.

 

Seohyun and Taeyeon looked at each other and sighed. They trust their founder of course. Even though they haven't met him yet, he has kept track of their work and provided help when they needed. It's just that even if he was a great help, they just never met him and it sparked great curiosity to the both of them. All they knew about their founder was that he was a he and a Pure vampire.

"Well, I'll gather the team tomorrow. I'll send them the assignment right now. You can gather the equipment we'll need tomorrow." Taeyeon said to Seohyun as she started composing the emails. It read:

 

From Shi Dae Head, Kim Taeyeon:

You have an assignment. Tomorrow, we'll meet up at the lobby. Be in good condition since we'll be dealing with Deohyeos in the Gwanak area. We'll drive there by morning. I'll talk more about it while we're on the road. Get here early so I can get you guys the equipment.

 

Shi Dae Head

Fighting!

 

In different areas of the building, different phones rang and the owners read them. All have similar smiles on their faces, showing excitement, except for one. She wasted no time as she preoccupied herself in her thoughts. Finally, she just shrugged it off. She, like the others, couldn't wait to start the mission as well.

 

Some apartment in Seoul, next morning

There was a spacious apartment in the Seocho district. It was big enough for two people but only one person occupied it. There was someone in the bed, sleeping, presumably the owner. The person was still sleeping in when knocking was heard. They stirred, revealing tanned but smooth skin. She didn't bother getting the door and just covered herself with her blanket. The door opened after the clinking of metal was heard. It revealed two other people with a phone in their hand.

"Found her. We'll be ready and report to the area in about an hour." Sooyoung said on the phone. She hanged up and frowned at the sleeping one on the bed.

"Ya! Kwon Yuri! Do you know what time it is? You're freaking late. We had to search the whole Seocho district just to find you. I kept calling your phone. But guess what? You don't answer." Sooyoung became even more frustrated when the person didn't even move.

"I'll handle this." Sunny said. Sooyoung smiled and stepped back behind Sunny. Sunny stepped closer to the bed and bent down closer to the girl. Unknown to Sunny, Sooyoung covered her ears.

"Yuri-Ya~ Wake up!" Sunny said, with her aegyo voice. The one sleeping practically sat up quickly and fell on the floor.

"Oww... What was that for?" Yuri asked.

"Well, you had to wake up. Get ready in an hour. We have an assignment."

"Why don't you two just do it? I'm sure that leader's excuse of a human wouldn't even know that it's just you two. He's so busy in his own world."

"Yuri. I know it's odd for the three of us to follow him who is human. Can't you just do your job?" Sooyoung said.

"Just come with us. Sit in a corner or sleep during the attack. Just be there." After a while, Yuri nodded.

"Fine. Wait for a bit." Yuri headed to the closet then the bathroom. Sunny and Sooyoung smiled at a job well done.

 

That same morning, only earlier, Shi Dae base (also known as the lobby)

Taeyeon stood there with Seohyun as they waited for the members to come in.

Taeyeon was dressed in a comfortable black suit covered by a white leather coat. There was a white belt on her waist and inside were bullets. A pair of stainless steel guns was located on her waist. They were Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum model 29 revolvers.

Seohyun wasn't really dressed for field work but behind her were the equipments and computers. She was dressed in her casual business clothes composed of a beige blazer lined with silver and black top, paired with pressed pants and heels.

Another member comes in through the elevator. Hyoyeon was dressed in a black suit as well but there was a yellow shirt inside it. One could see the collar of the said shirt on her open black suit. Unlike Taeyeon, she wore an onyx-outlined beige coat.

Two more members came. Tiffany and Yoona came exactly at the appointed time. Both were dressed in the same black suit as the others were but with slight differences. Yoona had her suit lined with white cloth and she wore a white coat lined with black. On Yoona's back was a silver pole wrapped in a maroon cloth. Tiffany, on the other hand, had her suit lined with hot pink and her coat was soft pink. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany.

"You... customized your suit very... pink." Tiffany only smiled, her eyes turning into crescents.

"And now, we're only missing-" Taeyeon's phone rang.

"Yes? Taeyeon speaking. What? She's still sleeping. Ok. I'll just send you the location. I expect her to wake up soon. Ok. Bye." Taeyeon hanged up.

"We'll go on ahead. We'll meet with her at Gwanak. Let's go." They went in the van. Hyoyeon sat on the driver's seat and Seohyun was seated next to her as they both listened to Taeyeon. Taeyeon explained the mission more vivid and the plan.

"Seohyun will monitor our areas from here in the van and you must wear these earpieces. We'll talk through these things. It's still pretty early so we'll be able to set up right away. We'll just wait until they appear. We're only targeting Deohyeos so I trust that you can avoid wounding any civilian." Soon they arrived at Gwanak District. Taeyeon quickly told them where their area of responsibility at and they each hurried to their spots, testing the communications. Taeyeon was staying near the van to guard until the appointed time. She got a call again.

"Hello? Oh, Krystal. Good. Ok. Thanks." Taeyeon talked to her earpiece.

"She'll be here soon. Get ready. It's almost time."

 

On top of a building in Gwanak District,

Three vampires sat and were waiting. A good mastermind should never be found at the scene of the crime. Two of them were sitting while one of them was on the phone again.

"Thomas, we're ready. The Deohyeo are also set to be free soon. I hope you know what you're doing." Sooyoung said.

"It's fine." A voice said over the phone before hanging up. Yuri looked irritated again.

"Can anyone tell me why we're following that human again?"

"Just do your job. Why bother asking if you already know the reason?" Sooyoung said. Looks like Yuri isn't the only one who is irritated at the moment.

"Now, now. Guys, it's time." Sunny nodded to Sooyoung and Yuri.

"Well, since I'm here, might as well go out and have some fun." Yuri said as she took a whistle from her pocket

"I thought you'll just sit out today." Sooyoung asked.

"It's boring. You guys can survey the area. It's my turn to lead them anyway." Yuri said before using a black cloth to cover half her face. Their faces can never be seen. She jumped down from the top of the building and while in a freefall, she blew the whistle.

 

In a distant, van

"That's the signal. They'll be coming. Get ready guys." Taeyeon said as she left the van and jumped to a nearby building. She readied her guns and stood straight. Over her earpiece, she received a couple of "roger" and soon, vampires began appearing to their areas.

 

The Deohyeo were maniacally causing havoc in Gwanak District. They attacked anyone at sight and destroyed everything they came in contact with. Laughing loudly at the enjoyment, they created chaos. It was only a couple of minutes before they started turning into dust. They decided to split to different areas so they won't get killed but their fates were written.

Wherever they go, they ended up dying. Some manage to look up to the buildings and they saw a blonde sniper on top. It was Hyoyeon. This time, she practically didn't miss any target and the Deohyeos disintegrated right away.

Moving to another area, they were confronted by a brunette with a silver pole. Thinking that she was no threat and was an ordinary civilian, they attacked at her with craziness. Yoona got into position as she swung her silver pole and as the silver came in contact with the vampires, blades of silver wind came and sliced them.

Those that were left were shot by Taeyeon who was guarding another area. The ones left that weren't eradicated by Hyoyeon and Yoona were erased. Red aura surrounded the bullets from Taeyeon's revolvers and pierced the body of the vampires. Every time she set them down, the guns would glow and they were already reloaded.

Tiffany watched from her post. She had a long sword in her hand and she came in face to face combat with the Deohyeo. She sliced at them and they turned into dust. She was able to avoid their attacks and she was shocked to find that the training she got from yesterday was harder than fighting this group. No wonder the others were surprised to see her record.

Soon, as minutes pass by since they start countering the Deohyeo, less were being found and killed in the area. Tiffany sighed and stood up when the attacks were gone. However, she didn't notice a group of ten coming her way. They were the only ones that survived and were they angry at those that killed their members. One of them who were a bit faster than the group jumped high to attack her.

Tiffany noticed a presence but as soon as she turned around, the vampire was already at arm's length. She closed her eyes as she braced impact when she only heard a scream and a breeze pass by.

"And here I thought you're attentive enough to your surroundings." A voice said. Tiffany looks up and she saw the person with Hyoyeon yesterday.

Jessica's back was facing Tiffany so she didn't see the girl's face. She quickly finished the ten Deohyeo off and looked at the distant. She saw another vampire with a whistle but their face was covered by a black cloth. Jessica didn't move even as the vampire waved and left. It was then did Jessica notice the scent.

Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Again. It was a heartbeat. Jessica froze. There was only one person that could make her like this.

 

In the Shi Dae library

"Found it!" Krystal exclaimed then covered . She looked around. She was the only in the library so she sighed, thankful. In the book she was reading, it read:

'A Pure's lover is the only one that can satiate a Pure's hunger. When a heart beats, that means they are in close proximity causing the Pure to develop their hunger if they haven’t been eating. The Pure would definitely recognize the feeling and will always find their lover.'

 

"Miyoung..." Jessica whispered. She slowly turned around. Their eyes met.

 

 

A/N: And that's it. Here's chapter 3. I really like this chapter. What do you think? Aigoo~ Why does the font keep changing? Wait. Lol! I got it! Fixed!

Thanks for subscribing and commenting again. I read them and I had free time since I don't have classes today since it's American Veteran's day so I worked on the next chapter right away. After this week is Thanksgiving break so I will definitely update.

I was thinking about the person Seohyun would be paired with but since its Ace, don't Sooyoung have to be with Hyoyeon? I'll definitely figure something out but nevertheless, I really love you guys for giving me your opinions, eyelovegg and yyyuile.

I'll start replying to comments now since it would be nice to talk to you guys. I get lonely sometimes. I'm the only one in my family that writes here in AFF. My mom knows I'm writing but she doesn't read them. Here I go. PS. I'll only reply to comments on chapter 2 since I'm just starting but I still want to thank those that commented in Chapter 1 and the Foreword. *smiled and bows*

 

@Lazyjess: Thanks for thinking that the story is awesome and that you love it. I really appreciate it. ^^ Here's chapter 3. Hope you like it.

@yyyuile: Again, thanks for giving me your opinion on which Seohyun should be paired with. I really appreciated it. And concerning the story, I'll give you and the others a heads up. Not all is everything as they seem or as they are delivered. I'm supposed to keep you guys in the dark at all times but I'll shed a little light. Other things will be revealed as the story progresses. Hope you like this chapter.

@eyelovegg: Oh, Chingu-ya~ guess what? Jeti just met. What do you think of it? I worked overnight on this. Keke. Oh, thanks for the opinion. I'm not sure if I'd pair Seohyun with Krystal because I'm a Jungli fan so I might make something very surprising. Here's chapter 3. I hope you like it.

I just realized that I said "hope you like it" a lot. Kekeke. Anyway, that's all for now. Until next time. See you guys again. ^-^v