two

Contortion

A/N: This update was brought to you by this lovely Changji picture.


Jonghyun sneezed. It was the twentieth time that morning. Yes, he was counting because god damn it, being stuck in a hospital bed with absolutely nothing to do wasn’t entirely the most exciting thing. The maknae shivered as the cold liquid entered his veins. He hated hospitals; he could never get used to the never-ending white walls around him and the nauseating scent of prolonged sickness. Jonghyun wasn’t sure which was worse – being under the presence of Lee Byunghun or being locked up in a small room by himself. Jonghyun scoffed. He wasn’t afraid of Byunghun, not at all; he disliked his hyung more than he feared him. It was obvious the elder had his sights set on Chanhee, anyone could tell, but so did Jonghyun and the maknae had that irking personality of getting whatever he wanted.

There was nothing good on TV either. There were the reruns of performances from the previous night but other than that, Jonghyun found nothing of interest. And to be very honest, the boredom was killing him. He ended up turning the damned thing off. His head fell back onto his pillow as a sigh escaped his lips. All of the schedules he had planned for the day were cancelled and although that hadn’t come as a surprise, Jonghyun did feel slightly guilty and annoyed.

Chanhee was just so adorable. He really couldn’t help himself when his arms latched around the smaller male; couldn’t help but lean in to the honey-haired boy; and definitely couldn’t help it when he wanted nothing but to feel Chanhee’s lips against his own. Jonghyun groaned. He was annoyed, annoyed because if it wasn’t for Byunghun, maybe Chanhee would’ve become his already. Jonghyun wasn’t an irate person but having someone there to meddle in with your affairs, – important ones at that – he wasn’t easily forgiving. His train of thought snapped when he heard the door creak open.

“Jonghyunnie?”

Jonghyun was smiling from ear to ear. Chanhee was visiting him! But his smile was short-lived when the cold stone-like glare stemming from behind the orchid-haired boy surfaced. On one hand Jonghyun was extremely happy and giddy that Chanhee came to visit him but that feeling paled in consideration when he realized that the boy came with Byunghun. Really, he wasn’t allowed to be alone with the singer for even a minute? Jonghyun knew from the beginning that Byunghun liked Chanhee, perhaps even more than just a simple crush or admiration, perhaps something like utter devotion and adoration. It was so obvious; obvious to everyone but the oblivious Chanhee, of course.

“Chanhee hyung,” he spoke, completely ignoring the other blond tailing behind. “What are you doing here?”

Chanhee fixed his locks. Was he nervous? Somehow everyone knew Chanhee’s habit of fixing his hair whenever he was nervous but why was he nervous now of all times?

“Are you feeling better?” Chanhee bit his lip and shyly averted his gaze. Jonghyun melted. “I made you some soup…”

Chanhee made him soup. Chanhee made him food. Jonghyun could just die happy now.

“Wipe that disgusting look off your face, maknae,” Byunghun hissed, eyes narrowing dangerously to which Chanhee quickly shushed him by slapping his shoulder but Jonghyun merely ignored him because holy Chanhee had made him food. He felt as if he had just scored, not once but twice.

“Ah, Channie hyung, my arm still hurts from yesterday…” he whined. Chanhee’s attention perked as he quickly rushed to the maknae’s side.

“Where does it hurt? Do you want me to call the nurses? Jonghyunnie, don’t move! Let me see…” And while the brunet fussed over him, Byunghun’s cold gaze only deepened.

What. The. .

The blond turned and left.

…And came back with the doctor and two nurses.

Jonghyun glared at his hyung over the doctor’s shoulder. Byunghun shot him a knowing smirk before pulling the worried Chanhee out the doors.

 

“Do you think Jonghyun will get better?”

Byunghun rolled his eyes. “You’re making it sound like he’s dying. It’s only a cold, you moron.”

Chanhee pouted. Byunghun was always so stingy with his choice of words. Sometimes Chanhee wondered what exactly was running through the rapper’s head. Would he be thinking of devious and hellish things like his actions portrayed him as or would he actually be decently nice? Chanhee mentally laughed at himself. Right, a nice Byunghun? That was the façade he had set up for Angels. Poor fans, being so effortlessly pulled into that fake persona Byunghun had created. In front of cameras, Byunghun was the smooth, charming bad boy who swooned the hearts of many, dongsaengs, noonas, and the occasional fanboys alike but behind cameras, his true nature was most prominent as the boy who was sarcastic, almost cruel, and maybe even bordering on the line of sadism.

The silence must have gotten to Byunghun because Chanhee felt fingers entwine within his own the minute it had happened. His head shot up in bewilderment and snapped over to the blond. Byunghun wasn’t looking at him; his attention was focused loosely to the old women feeding the pigeons though if he had to be a little more honest, the blond really didn’t look all that thrilled or interested. Wait, was Byunghun going to do something to him? Fear slowly crept into Chanhee’s heart at the thought of Byunghun hurting him like he had done to Jonghyun.

“I’m hungry,” the voice sounded through his head. Chanhee immediately looked down at his blue canvas sneakers. Byunghun was hungry. Okay, what did that have anything to do with him? Chanhee certainly didn’t want to be anywhere near an angry or irritated Byunghun especially knowing what the other boy was capable of doing. He didn’t want to be thrown into a fountain, nor did he want to be randomly punched in the gut or pushed or kicked… Chanhee bit his lip again. Call him a coward but in his defense, anyone in their right mind who knew of Byunghun’s true nature would steer clear of him. “Let’s go eat.”

Chanhee was trapped.

 

It was on him. The two had seated themselves in a secluded corner in the not-so-busy restaurant where the only sound heard was the rumbling of Chanhee’s stomach. Byunghun lifted his gaze at the blushing boy and stared for a moment or two. His eyes lingered on the embarrassed boy’s form before a half smile-smirk lifted from the corner of his lips.

Cute.

“You like kalbi, right?” Byunghun muttered as he wrote down his order. Chanhee nodded mutely.

Silence pursued and stretched as far as until Byunghun had enough. “Are you afraid of me?”

Chanhee’s gaze lifted from the hands on his lap. What was Byunghun asking him? Was he afraid of him? Hell, he’d be lying if he said most of Teen Top wasn’t afraid of the blond rapper. Yes, Chanhee was afraid of Byunghun, but only when the boy was in one of his moods. The male was generally all right when they were performing or practicing together, but there were those spontaneous fits of mood swings Byunghun would go through once in a while and usually those were what Chanhee and the rest of the team were afraid of. Byunghun was violent when he was pissed. No one really understood why he was like that either, though Jonghyun and Minsoo sort of had an idea, but as usual, they never really bothered to explain either. It left Chanhee in the dark because he used to think he was a person Byunghun could open up with. They were the same age after all, so why couldn’t Byunghun open up to him? He had long given up on the rapper because he was so shut out, Chanhee had no choice.

Byunghun waited. His dark eyes were unreadable and Chanhee couldn’t really tell whether or not the boy had bad intentions swimming in his thoughts right now. Thankfully, their food arrived before Chanhee was forced to give an answer.

The two ate in silence.

 

“Thanks for the food, Byunghun…” Chanhee murmured with reddened cheeks.

What Byunghun did next shocked Chanhee. His warm chocolate eyes widened when he felt lips on his forehead. Byunghun shot him a tiny smile before tucking his hands back into his pockets.

“See you later, Chanhee.”

Chanhee stood outside their dorm, frozen.