Part ONE

If Only.......

 

Jiyong stirred in his sleep when he felt the blanket was not covering his body anymore. He shivered at the cold and opened his eyes to see where the blanket has gone off and decided to put it back on so he could get his very much deserved sleep. But what caught his eye made him smile a little…. It seems that his girlfriend, who is sleeping right next to him, decided to take the entire blanket with her when she rolled to her side.

 

 

He chuckled softly as he slowly shook his head. He popped on one elbow and took a peek at her face. He bent his head and kissed her on the cheek. And that made the girl stirred on her sleep before slowly opening her eyes only to see him staring directly at her.

 

 

“Good morning,” she said with her voice still husky from the sleep. She smiled at him and pinched his cheeks.

 

 

“Good morning, baby,” Jiyong replied as he bent down, and this time, to kiss her on the lips.

 

 

Dara covered her lips with her hand while shaking her head. Jiyong looked at her with confusion written all over his handsome face.

 

 

“Why won’t you let me kiss you, baby? I’ve missed you so much,” Jiyong said as he tried to kiss her again.

 

 

“I haven’t brushed my teeth yet,” she said as she removed her hands from and tried to get out of the bed but Jiyong pinned her down with all his strength.

 

 

Then he slowly bent down his head, “I don’t care,” and he whispered when their lips are just only inches apart before claiming her lips. Dara blushed immediately while she closes her eyes to savor his kiss.

 

 

They have not seen each other after the Big Bang’s stop in the Philippines. It was just only days ago that they got separated again but, dang, they missed each other badly. Both of their groups are busy with their world tour that they haven’t got the chance to spend more time with each other.

 

 

Dara’s eyes shot open when she remembered something. She then slightly pulled out from their kiss, which made her breathless, and stood up from the bed, leaving the stupefied Jiyong behind. He furrowed his eyebrows as he saw his girlfriend went towards their walk-in closet.

 

 

“I have a surprise for you,” Dara said in a sing-song voice as she rummaged through her luggage that she hasn’t unpacked yet.

 

 

Jiyong, though bewildered, sat at the edge of the bed and just waited for Dara to come out of their walk-in closet.

 

 

“My friend in the Philippines gave this to me. She even said that when I present this to my boyfriend, he will be really happy,” she said as quickly put on her robe before going out of the walk-in closet.

 

 

“Ta-dah!” she exclaimed as she opened the robe and let the thing dropped on her feet.

 

 

Jiyong’s eye widens seeing Dara in front of him. She was wearing a very revealing nightie. The night dress was so short; it just settled an inch after her private part. And it was made of very thin materials that he can see what was hidden beneath. And mind you, it was color red.

 

 

An evil smile slowly formed on his lips as he stood up from the bed and walked towards her. She knew the meaning of his smile so she twirled around that made the end of the dress to float and made him see what was under it. He growled at her before grabbing her by the hips and claiming her lips possessively.

 

 

She smiled as she wrapped her hands around his neck while kissing him back with equal intensity. They were both drowned in their own little world when Jiyong’s phone started ringing.

 

 

“You phone’s ringing, Jiyong,” Dara said as she tried to push him off her but Jiyong remained persistent. They both landed on the bed with Jiyong hovering on top of her.

 

 

Jiyong’s phone kept on ringing but he intended to ignore it. But Dara, worried that it might be someone important, put her hands on his chest and pushed him off her. When she succeeded, she rolled towards the bedside table and reached for Jiyong’s phone. She gasps when she saw the caller ID.

 

 

“Jiyong, look! Sajangnim is calling.. You better take that,” Dara said as she handed the phone to Jiyong.

 

 

Irritated, he rolled his eyes and took his phone on Dara’s hand before sitting at the edge of the bed. Dara stood up and picked up her robe, put it on and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

 

 

After some time, Jiyong threw his phone on the bed before standing up and walked towards the kitchen. Dara looked up from her coffee mug when she felt Jiyong walking towards her. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the irritated look on his face.

 

 

“Why do you look so irritated first thing in the morning, Ji?” she asked as she motioned for him to come to her.

 

 

“I can’t believe Hyun Suk hyung wanted me to work today! I mean, I just got back from Malaysia yesterday and he immediately wants me to work,” Jiyong complained as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

 

“No need to be grouchy, Jiyong. Sajangnim was just excited because of that new song you wrote,” Dara said as she rubbed his arms that is wrapped around her waist. “No, let’s go prepare.. I have to practice for our tour, today”, she said as she turned around and kissed him on the lips.

 

 

Then she went towards the pot, intended to prepare him a cup of coffee, but she held the wrong handle for she was not looking at what she is doing.

 

 

“Ouch!” she exclaimed as she cradled her hands near her chest before blowing air on it.

 

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Jiyong asked as he examined her hand.

 

 

“I’m okay.. I just burnt my hand. It’s nothing serious,” she said as she went to the refrigerator and retrieved some ice and put it on her hand. “Go take a bath now, Ji,” she said as she shooed him away with a smile on her face.

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

 

“Omo!” Dara exclaimed when she bumped into someone when she and Jiyong were on their way towards the parking lot of their apartment. She looked down on her shirt when she noticed the stains it now has.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Dara-ssi. I didn’t saw you walking towards me,” the guard of their apartment bent his head down and said sorry multiple times.

 

 

“Oh no.. It’s okay, no need to say sorry, ahjussi,” she said as she smiled towards the guard who smiled back at her. She then turned her attention towards Jiyong, who just looked at her shirt with disgust written on his face.

 

 

She chuckled at his expression and was about to pinch his cheek when the guard said sorry again and excused himself. Everyone in this apartment knew their relationship. In fact, they were out in the open anyways, so it’s really not necessary for them to hide their fondness to each other.

 

 

“Go ahead, Ji. I’ll bring my car with me. I’ll have to change clothes first for I can’t go to YG- Building with my shirt all ruined,” she said as she went towards him and kissed him on the cheek. “I love you and be safe. And oh, I reserved a place for us in our favorite restaurant” she said.

 

 

“Why, what’s the occation?” Jiyong asked which made her to look at him with disappointment written on her face.

 

 

“It’s our anniversary today, Ji. You forgot, didn’t you?” she asked as she glared at him.

 

 

“Of course not. See you later”, Jiyong said as he kissed her forehead. The truth is, he really forgot that it was their anniversary today. But she doesn’t have to know that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was already at the door and ready to go when she caught a sight of something. She went near it and gasps softly when she notices it. It was the music sheet where Jiyong’s newly composed song is written. It is also the song that YG sajangnim wants to see and hear. She grabbed it and decided that she will drop it off since they are working on the same company.

 

 

It took her just fifteen minutes for her to arrive at her destination. She ran towards the elevator and pushed the button that lead to the 3rd floor where the recording studio is. Without knocking, she barged in and shouted; “You forgot this, Jiyong.”

 

 

All head turn to look at the door where Dara was standing. She roamed her eyes around the recording studio and met Jiyong’s angry eyes. She was about to walk towards him and give him the music sheet when he noticed that he was holding a copy of the music sheet she was holding.

 

 

She bowed her head in embarrassment when she noticed that Sajangnim and the boys are having a serious meeting here. So that’s why Jiyong is angry, she thought. She whispered sorry before going out of the recording room and proceeding towards the rehearsal room where the girls are waiting for her.

 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

 

Dara’s sweat are dripping non-stop from her body as she tried harder to improve her dancing skills. She was wishing for their choreographer to call in a fifteen-minute break because she felt like her limbs are going to tear up really soon. They had been dancing for two hours straight for their world tour.

 

 

She was about to die from exhaustion when thankfully, Jaewook; their choreographer, said that they will be having a thirty-minute break. She almost crawled her way towards the bench where she unceremoniously slumped her tired body. She closed her eyes after gulping a large quantity of water and was startled when she heard her phone rang.

 

 

She slowly reached for her bag and searched for her phone. Dara smiled as she saw who sent her a message.

 

 

Babe, I won’t be able to fetch you later. I have something to finish today. I’ll just meet you there, okay?

 

 

Her smile slowly faded after reading his message. She placed her phone back in her bag, doesn’t mind is she hasn’t keyed in a reply to him. She looked ahead with a blank expression on her face as she sighed.

 

 

“Has he said the words that you’ve been dying to hear from him?” Bom, her bandmate and also her best friend, asked as she took the seat next to her.

 

 

Dara just kept her silence as she continued looking straight ahead. Bom took her silence as yes. Bom sighed as she glanced towards Dara with worry written all over her face.

 

 

“I know you love him to your deepest core, Dara-yah. But you have to think of yourself also once in a while,” Bom sighed once again and reached for Dara’s hand and squeezed it tight. “Just…… always remember that I’m here, okay?”

 

 

Dara looked at her best friend and nodded her head. “Thank you, Bommie.” The older girl just smiled at her warmly before standing up and proceeding towards the other girls who are playing by the window.

 

 

She now realized, Jiyong hasn’t said ‘I love you’ to her ever since they started going out. He sure treats her as if she is a precious stone but that’s not enough for her. She needed to hear the words from him. But…….what if he doesn’t feel that way towards her?

 

 

Dara heaved a deep sigh. She doesn’t know what to do. Then she heard their choreographer calling for them to resume their rehearsal. She sighed once more as she stood up from her seat.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

Jiyong combed his hair with his hands as he settled himself inside the van. He just finished shopping for clothes and he was about to direct the driver to drive him home when he remembered something. He cursed inside his head as he looked at his wrist watch.

 

 

“Ahjussi, do you know where Tribeca is? It’s in Gangnam-Gu. Can you drive me there? Thank you,” Jiyong called out to the driver as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

 

 

There are several missed call and unread messages from Dara. Damn, it’s his fault. He was too engrossed in his shopping that he forgot the time and the dinner and their anniversary. He has spent almost two hours shopping but he hasn’t bought her even just a piece of fabric. He cursed loudly that made the driver looked at him through the rearview mirror.

 

 

“Love problems, my child?” the driver asked him.

 

 

Jiyong tried to ignore the driver but he failed. He looked at him at the rearview mirror and saw the driver looking straight back at him.

 

 

“I……” Jiyong doesn’t know what to say.

 

 

“Let me guess….. It’s your anniversary today and you totally forgot about it because you’re enjoying shopping. And now you’re running late on your dinner with her and you don’t have any gift for her on your anniversary while you spent two and a half hours shopping for your clothes,” the driver said as he looked at the road then back at him through the rearview mirror.

 

 

Jiyong was immobile for half second, processing his thoughts on what the driver just had said.

 

 

“How did you know that?” he asked, bewildered.

 

 

The driver just shrugged his shoulders and continued looking at the road. “You know what, child? You have to decide what you have to prioritize first. You have to know if she is important to you..”

 

 

“But I have other things I have to prioritize first. There’s my work, then there’s the fashion…. I don’t know,” Jiyong said as he shook his shoulders.

 

 

“What if she never comes back?” the driver asked him out of the blue.

 

 

“What sort of question is that?” Jiyong asked him while looking at him through the mirror.

 

 

“Well, go on, picture it. You wave goodbye at the airport, she gets on the airplane, you never see her again... could you live with that?”

 

 

“No... No, I couldn't,” he said as he hunched his shoulders back in defeat and sighed heavily.

 

 

“Well, then you know what to do. Appreciate her and what you have. Just love her,” the driver said and then the car came to a stop. He looked at the window and was confused when he realized that they were not yet in the restaurant.

 

 

“You just can’t go to her empty handed, can you?” the driver asked as he pointed his finger at the flower shop.

 

 

Jiyong smiled to himself as he muttered a thank you to the driver before going out of the van and buying her a bouquet of her favorite flo….. wait, what is her favorite flowers? He asked himself.

 

 

He then decided that it doesn’t matter and picked the red roses. He immediately paid for them and quickly hopped into the van where they sped off towards Tribeca.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong arrived at their favorite restaurant a half and an hour late. He put up his biggest smile as he approached her but his smile faded when he noticed that she has this faraway look in her face.

 

 

He went to her side and pecked her cheeks before placing down the flowers in front of her.

 

 

“Hi,” he greeted her but Dara remained silent. “What’s the matter?” he asked.

 

 

This time, Dara looked at him with such painful expression in her face. Then he noticed that her eyes darted to his side where the things he bought a while ago are placed.

 

 

“I see… You’ve done some shopping,” Dara said. Jiyong was about to open his mouth and apologize for him being late when Dara started talking again.

 

 

“Tell me, Jiyong. Are clothes much more important than me?” she asked.

 

 

“No, of course not. It’s just that I was enjoying shopping too much then I forgot the time…..” his sentence faded as he saw the look in her eyes. It held so much pain.

 

 

“I love you, Jiyong. And I’m willing to give up everything in a heartbeat if I knew that we are special,” she said. Jiyong was not surprised hearing her say that because she never fails to say those words to him everytime.

 

 

“We are,” he said.

 

 

“Really? You never tell me how you feel or talk about yourself. You forgot about our anniversary,” Dara heaved a deep sigh before continuing, “Jiyong, I know you have the best intentions, but I feel like I'm a really high second priority to you. That hurts. And the worst part is I'm starting to get used to it.”

 

 

“I don’t understand,” Jiyong said as he slowly shook his head.

 

 

“I know. That's what kills me,” Dara felt tears are threatening to fall from her eyes but she can’t break down in front of him now. “If there had just been one day Jiyong, one day where nothing else matters but us.”

 

 

“I adore you,” he said as he reached for her hand across the table and squeezed it tight.

 

 

“I don't want to be adored, I want to be loved,” a tear fell from her eyes. “I can't do this anymore,” she pulled her hands away from his tight grasp before standing up and leaving the restaurant.

 

 

“Dara…. Dara, wait!” Jiyong called behind her as her ran after her.

 

 

Outside the restaurant, he saw her enter the van he used a while ago. He looked at the driver, bewildered. The driver said he needed to fetch Seven at his house but what is he doing here?

 

 

“Are you coming in or what?” the driver asked him while looking at him. Jiyong’s mind is in mayhem right now. He doesn’t know what to do. He looked at Dara and saw tears streaming down her face. He wants to enter the van and sit beside her and wipe the tears off her face.

 

 

He was about to enter the van when Dara forcefully pushed him away from the van and slammed the door shut. Then the car started moving.

 

 

Jiyong ran after the car while shouting Dara’s name over and over again. He doesn’t care if he will be on the headlines tomorrow. All he cares about is Dara. He saw hope when the traffic light turned red in the intersection. He started running towards the car hoping that he could talk to Dara.

 

 

The clock strikes eleven in the evening. He was just about a meter away from the van when a truck hit the van on the side, exactly where Dara was seated.

 

 

“DARA!!!!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. His knees buckle as overbearing pain hit his chest. He can’t believe what he just saw. No….. This can’t be happening to him.

 

 

He immediately ran towards the van. “Someone, help me, please!” he shouted.

 

 

“Call the ambulance!”

 

 

“Help me!”

 

 

“DARAAAAA!”

 

 

Soon after, sounds of the ambulance can be heard not far from where he stood. He turned around, face tainted with tears for he can’t help but to cry.

 

 

“Help me, please,” Jiyong whispered to one of the rescuer as he dropped on his hunches before burying his head on his palms. He clutched on his chest when he felt like his chest was being stabbed over and over again.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked through the transparent part of the door where he can see the doctors saving Dara’s life. He can see that her eyes are open but they are unfocused. Tears heedlessly fell down from his eyes while staring at her. He can hear faintly from the inside.

 

 

Then, just like a miracle, Dara’s gaze turned to him. His breath shortens seeing the scratches in her face. He placed his palms at the part where Dara could see him while mouthing the words ‘I love you’ over and over again.

 

 

Dara smiled a little at him before turning her gaze back up at the ceiling. Jiyong started panicking seeing how she slowly closed her eyes.

 

 

“NOOOOOO!!” he shouted as he placed his palms on the door forcefully.

 

 

“Stay with me, baby.. You have to stay with me!”

 

 

“Dara…….! You can’t do this to me! Fight through it, baby! Please, do it for me!” He shouted through the door as he keeps on slamming his palms on the door with tears falling down his eyes.

 

 

“DAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAA!!!!” he shouted when he saw her closed her eyes as her hands hung lifelessly at her side. Then a beep that indicates a heart stopped beating revibrated loudly throughout the entire room.  

 

 

That sound that made his heart to also stopped its beating. His body slowly went down against the floor, with tears going down his eyes as well. He clutched his chest and cursed when he felt his heart is still beating. He shouldn’t be alive anymore. His heart shouldn’t be beating now because the sole reason for his heart to beat is not breathing anymore.

 

 

No, this is just a dream. This is all just a ing nightmare and when he opens his eye in the morning, he would see Dara’s smiling face again. Then he will kiss her good morning. Then they will both go to work. Then they will come home and talk everything under the sun… He closed his eyes, still believing that it was all just a dream, a nightmare.

 

 

 

 

Then, he opened his eyes but the same sight welcomed him. No, he can’t…. He can’t breathe. Dara can’t die.. She hasn’t heard him say ‘I love you’ yet. No….

 

 

Jiyong shook his head rapidly. He can’t accept it. He can’t…

 

 

“I’m sorry,” he looked up at saw Bom, with tears streaming down her face, with the rest of the YG Family.

 

 

Bom went down on her knees and reached for Jiyong and hugged him really tight. The moment Jiyong felt her hug, his shoulders shook violently as tears kept on falling.

 

 

“I can’t believe she’s gone, noona. She can’t be gone” Jiyong muttered between sobs as he buried his head on the older girl’s shoulders. Bom can’t do anything but to cry with him and caressed his shoulders comfortingly.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong curled himself in a ball in the center of the bed with Dara’s pillow in between his hands. He can still smell her scent on the pillow. And he can’t help but to miss her more. He rolled to another side, with the pillow still in between his hands, when he caught something familiar in the bedside table.

 

 

He slowly stood up and went to it only to realize that it was her diary. He picked it up and sat at the edge of the bed as he opened it.

 

 

They say there's always someone in a relationship who loves more. Oh God I wish it wasn't me. I wrote a song about me and Jiyong but I can’t show it to him fearing that he might mock me and my way of writing. ^__^ I know he’s the genius one when it comes to song writing and I can’t even be compared to him. And that’s just one of the million things I love about him.  

 

 

He smiled sadly seeing that particular note. He slowly caressed the note with his fingers, tracing that familiar handwriting. He then pulled the music sheet out and opened it.

 

 

Love Will Show You Everything

Today, today I bet my life

You have no idea

What I feel inside

Don't, be afraid to let it show

For you'll never know

If you let it hide

 

I love you

You love me

Take this gift and don't ask why

Cause if you will let me

I'll take what scares you

Hold it deep inside

And if you ask me why I'm with you

And why I'll never

Leave

Love will show you everything

 

 

 

Jiyong’s tears strained the paper as he continued reading the lyrics she wrote. And then, he pulled the paper near him and hugged the paper, as if it was Dara he was hugging. He folded the music sheet again and placed it back to her dairy. Then he crawled back to his side and lied with her diary near his chest.

 

 

 

“I terribly miss you, baby. Please come back to me,” Jiyong whispered in to no one as he hugged her diary tighter with liquids of pain falling down his eyes. The he slowly closed his eyes and let sleep take him away with Dara filling up his beautiful nightmare.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Part 1/2..