Trembling Touch

Trembling Touch

 

My heartbeat stopped for a second as I sat there on the bench in the park, staring at the beautiful sight before me. He was purely beautiful. Especially with those small eyes of his, that glistened in the sun. His dark and slightly messy hair became even messier as he ruffled it before walking towards me with smooth movements.
 

“What’s wrong? Are you actually blushing?” Sunggyu asked me with a hint of amusement in his voice, his eyes slightly bigger than normal as he examined my tinted cheeks. He let a small smile form on his delicious-looking lips.
 

Because I’m catching myself stealing glimpses of you, that’s why. I couldn’t really say that out loud now, could I?
 

“It’s because of the sun! It’s too hot for me! It’s burning my poor cheeks, making them look like tomatoes or something…” A poor excuse but my brain couldn’t work fast enough for a better defensive answer, so that had to do. “Burned tomatoes…” I quickly added with a pout, and felt my heart speed up its rhythm.
 

There’s no way I could tell him that he’s the reason for me to feel hot and bothered.
 

Sunggyu laughed all of a sudden, totally enjoying himself. Does he really like messing with me that much? I sent a glare in his direction, but it didn’t obstruct him from laughing even more for some reason. I must’ve looked extremely stupid or something, as much as he was laughing his off because of me. But at least he was smiling thanks to me. I wouldn’t be able to take another day of his sulking. If he only could have told me what was wrong so I could help him, but no. Why would he do that when he could bottle his feelings inside and never let them out until they would burst like an atomic bomb by themselves?
 

It just made me irritated and depressed to see him like that. I’m here, am I not? And I wouldn’t mind him crying on my shoulder once in a while either… Maybe I could even sneak a kiss or two without him really knowing? That wouldn’t be so bad. Not bad at all…

 

Wait… what now?
 

Sunggyu had moved away, and I hadn’t even noticed a thing. Where the heck did he go?! My heart suddenly felt a bit restrained, like someone was holding it tightly, squeezing it to hold it in place. It hurt a bit to be honest, but I couldn’t let it hinder me from searching for Infinite’s leader, and the keeper of my heart. I was just about to get up from the bench when two arms suddenly encircled my neck from behind, surprising the hell out of me, and even earning a so-not manly squeal from my throat. Oh god, how embarrassing!
 

“Take it easy! It’s just me!” Sunggyu chuckled. His face was so close to mine that I felt how my breath hitched in my throat, it was suddenly extremely difficult to breath. But why wouldn’t it be? The one I’m crazily in love with is back-hugging me!
 

Breathe Sungyeol. Breathe…
 

“How can I take it easy?! I-“ I almost let my thoughts slip, but quickly stopped myself from uttering anything more. I hope he didn’t hear that last thing-
 

“I? What about you? Did I miss something?” He worriedly questioned as he released me. No, no, no! Don’t let go! I followed him with my gaze while he moved over to the other side of the bench, taking a seat next to me and taking my hand in his. I felt my heart take up speed once again and my hands felt all clammy now. “Tell me.”
 

It was more of a command than a question as Sunggyu stared right into my eyes with that worried look, like he was sincerely worried about me. Which, I knew he was. He was always sincere when it came to all the members of Infinite, maybe that was a part of being a leader, or maybe it was just a part of who he was. Anyway, how could I even tell him about what’s wrong? I can’t just tell him I’ve fallen in love with him, that all I can think about is him all day and all night. Well, unless I’m sleeping that is, but then I’m dreaming about him instead… So basically, all my thoughts are filled with him.
 

And only him. Okay, maybe that’s a lie. I think about food too, at least whenever I’m hungry. Wait, what am I babbling about? He must be judging me right now… I’m being silent for goodness sake! When am I ever silent? Uh…

 

“Did I say something wrong?” Sunggyu’s voice woke me up from my deep pondering, his face closer than it was just a moment ago, and that really startled me.
 

Can my heart beat any faster than this?
 

“No! I’m just fine!” I tried to sound confident, but must have come off as somewhat frantic. I even forced a smile at him, but he didn’t seem to buy this whole excuse. Sunggyu narrowed his already small eyes, almost making them disappear completely.  It would have been a pretty hilarious sight if it hadn’t been for this serious moment and the closeness of our bodies.
 

I wanted to pry my eyes off of him, but only managed to tilt them a bit downwards; locking them onto a part of his face I so badly wanted to touch. His lips…
 

His luscious pink lips, they look so soft. All I want is to reach out my hand and feel them…
 

Oh god, how much I want to kiss him!

 

“Really now?” I unconsciously nodded, not really realizing Sunggyu had actually spoken, but with my body on auto-pilot I couldn’t do anything else. I couldn’t tear my eyes off of him.
 

I want him so badly!

 

As if on automatic, I leant forward in an extremely slow pace, my mind blank from any logical thinking. I swallowed hard before pressing my lips on his, earning a slight gasp from him. But I didn’t care anymore. I must have him!
 

Stealing a kiss from those lips I’ve longed for, was sending an electrifying feeling throughout my whole body, and making my heart hammer hard against my chest while my knees felt weak even though I wasn’t standing. I just had to kiss him! Or else I would have gotten crazy, well, crazier than I usually am… I’ve wanted him so much it hurts, and for as long as I can remember. And now I’ve finally done it. I’ve finally stolen a kiss from him!
 

Wait, I’ve done what?!
 

I quickly pulled away, and I’m pretty sure the word panic was written all over my face. I had kissed him. I kissed him! I actually did it! Wait… I did it? Oh my god…
 

“Am I crazy?!” I accidentally let out loud; making my cheeks flush with different shades of red and my throat was becoming dry like I’ve eaten tons of sand.
 

I should apologize…

 

I must’ve looked like a goldfish when I opened my mouth just to close it soon thereafter, doing it several times before finally shutting it close until I could calm down enough to actually make a sound. If I could ever manage that with my crazily beating heart and with the feeling of guilt creeping up inside…  But why should I feel guilty? If he hadn’t liked it, then he would have pulled away or even pushed me away. Wouldn’t he?
 

Maybe he’s too shocked, maybe he actually hated it? What if he detests me now? Oh god… What should I do?!

 

I nervously glanced up at his face, biting my bottom lip as I met his eyes. But all I could see was him, blushing like madly while staring at me like a fool. Sunggyu… is blushing?
 

He quickly averted his stare, directing it towards a random spot on the ground before swallowing nervously. He then redirected his eyes towards me, startling me once more. Without any warning, he grabbed the sides of my head and then his lips were on mine for a second time. Total shock washed over me. But… didn’t he hate it? Doesn’t he hate me?
 

I don’t even know when I recovered from the surprise, but soon I found myself kissing back. It was so sweet and gentle, but a breathtaking kiss nevertheless. Even more so as he started caressing my neck with one of his hands, sending delicious shivers down my spine...
 

He’s kissing me…  Oh my god… he’s actually kissing me? And I’m not dreaming this time! But… I’m kind of out of breath, I can’t breathe! Oh my god! I don’t want to pull away either…
 

I felt dizzy, both from the kiss and the lack of oxygen. But I would rather die like this than stop this kiss that most probably won’t ever happen again. And I wouldn’t want to let go of this chance even if someone offered me a second life, but without Sunggyu in it I wouldn’t be happy at all.
 

 I have to… keep… going… Don’t stop… I… won’t… stop…

 

It was like Sunggyu could read my mind, because next thing I knew, our lips parted and I could inhale air again. Or maybe it was because he needed air too. Both of us were trying to catch our breaths, gasping for much needed oxygen while staring right into each other’s eyes. I noticed his flushed face, and I was pretty sure my face was all red too.
 

“You definitely look like a tomato now…” Sunggyu was the first to break the silence, a small smile spreading on his now swollen lips.
 

“You too.” I defended with an even larger smile than his. And then we both burst out laughing. We let the awkwardness wash away together with our laughs, leaving us in a pure state of bliss.
 

“I… love you.” Sunggyu whispered shyly once his laughter had subsided. His confession made me more than just happy; it made me ecstatic to say the least.
 

“I love you too…” I whispered back, not able to hold back a foolish smile from appearing on my face. All my feelings were overflowing and making me feel dizzy from relief. He loves me back…
 

This would definitely be a memory that both of us would never forget.  At least I know I won’t…