Need A Ride?

Hidden Brightness

Chappie+4.jpg

 

   *riiiiingriiiiing*

   Hoya's eyes fluttered open being greeted by the view of his ceiling above him. He sighed staring at it ignoring the phone call that's been trying to get his attention. It took a moment before he finally noticed it ringing right beside his ears and he sat picking it up. He didn't bother to check the caller and he answered it.

   "Hello?", he answered and later heard a sigh from the other side.
   "Hoya-ah, where in the world are you?", the person asked him.

   He narrowed his eyes before finally checked on the caller.
   Kim Sunggyu. That's who. He returned the phone to his ears.

   "Oh, hyung. Why did you call?".
   "Don't tell me you forgot", Sunggyu frowned.

   A confused look reached Hoya as he stared at the window to find the sun still up and people roaming around the area interacting with each other."What do you mean?", he asked and he somewhat felt Sunggyu face-palming at his answer.

   "We're at the mall!", Sunggyu let out at him."And you're late!".
   Finally, it hit him and he shot up from his bed."Oh no! I forgot!".
   "Exactly!", he heard Woohyun hiss and he shivered knowing how Woohyun hated to wait.
   "Listen. Hyung, I'm so sorry. Don't worry. I'll be there in about 20 minutes. Just give me that time. I promise I'll be there soon".
   "I'll give you that time then", Sunggyu replied."Arrive after 21 minutes, then there will be no gifts for you. You'll be buying your own while I treat Woohyun and the others".
   "Others?", Hoya asked as he searched his wardrobe for some outfits to wear.
   "I brought some friends", Sunggyu told him and Hoya mentally kicked himself in the for oversleeping.
   "I am SO sorry, hyung", he apologized."I have to go. I promise. I'll be there in 20 minutes".
   "Well what are you waiting for?", Sunggyu asked."Tictoctictoc~".
   "Arasso~", Hoya whined before disconnecting the phone call to grab an outfit. He ran to the bathroom after that and started to change.


YG Mall....

   Running here and running there. Hoya forgot to ask where the others are and he's been searching for over 5 minutes straight. He's actually arrived at the mall within 10 minutes and now all he has left is 5 minutes more. He couldn't even call since he left his phone at home since he was in a hurry.
   Well, curse Woohyun for being oh-so-scary.... He's very sure that Woohyun is now all frustrated or more than that.
   Thinking about it, should he still meet the others or go home? Woohyun scares him.
   Well... He'll still get nagged at if he chooses either. Plus, he misses Sunggyu so he just has to go.
   So where would they be? That would be a problem.
   Hmm... If he were them, where would they be?
   Probably they would fear Woohyun so they'll mostly listen to him. So if Hoya were Woohyun, where would he go?
   Hnnn... The food court? Aniyo. Woohyun always goes to the food court last.
   Bathroom? Woohyun would always go after he eats.
   Music Store? Nah. That's more like Sunggyu.
   What else does Hoya know then?
   ....
   Well, Woohyun is more like a fashion person so he'd probably be at a clothes store right now and Hoya thinks he knows where.

   "Bingo", he smiled by the time he spotted Woohyun walking out of the store he just thought of. With him are Sunggyu and three other friends that he doesn't know yet.
   "H-Hyung!", he called waving at the others as he approached them.
   "Oh, Howon-ah!", Sunggyu turned to him with Woohyun crossing his arms.
   "Oh, now you arrive?", Woohyun rolled his eyes and Hoya bowed to them in apology.
   "I am so sorry", he panted.

   Woohyun was just about to say something when out of nowhere, Sunggyu placed his hands against Woohyun's mouth.

   "Mmpf!", Woohyun yelped and Sunggyu rolled his eyes without the others noticing. He turned to Hoya and kept a straight face.
   "You're late", he told the younger and Hoya bowed again in embarrassment.
   "Sorry...".
   "And you arrived after 23 minutes; not 20".
   "I know, hyung. Plus, I don't really care about the 50,000-won treat. I just didn't want to let you all wait".
   Sunggyu raised a brow."You know I was kidding, right?".

   Hoya tilted his head in response, not knowing what the older meant.

   "I was kidding!", Sunggyu let out."I'm still going to treat you, dummy! That would be unfair if I didn't".
   Hoya went speechless. All he did was blink and Sunggyu flashed him a smile before slinging an arm around his shoulder.
   "Kaja", Sunggyu told him and Hoya nodded with a smile. Both of them approached the three unknown people that Sunggyu brought with him.
   "Guys, this is Howon, but other people call him Hoya", Sunggyu introduced. Then he turned to Hoya."Howon, this is Jonghwan. He's also a trainee. He's a trainee of TOP Media. Over here is his label mate, Lee Byunghun aka L.Joe. You'll know about each other soon anyway so I'm not gonna introduce any further".
   "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Howon imnida", Hoya bowed and the others bowed back as well.
   "Oh! And this is Kim Jongin by the way. He's also a dance machine just like you. I'm sure you'll both get along very well".
   "Annyeonghaseyo, Hoya-ssi", Jongin greeted."You can call me Kai. Let's get to know each other more, ne?".
   "Sure", Hoya smiled and so the hang out begun as all 6 of them started to roam around with a slightly pissed off Nam Woohyun whom they distanced themselves from.


Minutes later....

   So they went here and there. They bought this and that. Hoya can't actually help but to think of where Sunggyu got the money to treat all 5 of them with 50,000 won each.
   Sunggyu wasn't bluffing. Seriously, he wasn't. Sunggyu really treated them.
   He tried to ask Sunggyu about it, but Sunggyu only shot him a sheepish grin and told him that it was just a secret.
   Well.... In the end he admitted that he actually works as a tutor for a few highschool students. As always, this is expected from the school's former student council president.
   By the end of noon, they're all puffed out. They decided to leave the mall to head for a cafe that L.Joe knew of. He said that the cafe is pretty famous so they decided to go there with high expectance since L.Joe knows a lot of stuff and he would always tell the opposite of a lie.

   "Wah~ You are so right, L.Joe. The food here tastes exeptionally great!", Sunggyu cooed as he drank his vanilla smoothie.
   "I know, right?", L.Joe chuckled making a peace sign with his finger.
   Kai took a bite from his strawberry shortcake and he smile."Mmm! This is good".
   "Haha. I would like to come here more during my free time", Hoya chuckled."Byunghun-ah, thank you for suggesting this cafe. I love it here. It's so calm. No fan girlsfrom school".
   "Kyaaaaaa~ Omo! It's them. Hoya oppaaaa. Omo! SUNGGYU OPPA! We miss you so much!".
   ".....".

   Both mentioned people became speechless. Kai, L.Joe and Jonghwan just looked at them with shocked blinking innocent eyes.

   "Or so I thought", Hoya mumbled and the three tried to constrain their laughs.
   "Ugh...", Sunggyu shivered."The memories of my terrible days with stalker fans are back. Aigoo. Seriously. I am starting to get so sick of it that I sometimes wanted to die".
   "You should come to Top High. It is more terrifying there. My fans just wouldn't leave me. I can't even go to the bathroom because of them", L.Joe stated.
   "Mm!", Jonghwan nodded."So true, so true! There was this one time I lost my MVP spot in our basketball team because of them".
   "At least you're still in the team", Sunggyu said.
   "Worse. I was kicked out".
   "So that's why the last time Woolim and Top had a game, you weren't there", Hoya let out.
   "Yeah...".
   "I have the same situation too at SM High", Kai said.
   "Fans are sometimes bothersome", all five sighed and Woohyun looked at them shocked.
   "What's wrong with fans?", he asked and all five just rolled their eyes at him."What?", he asked again.
   "Nothing", they mumbled and started to eat their food again.

   *splash!*
   A splash was heard getting the attention of everyone in the room.

   "What's that?", Hoya thought and soon spotted a familiar someone just meters away.
   "Hey, is that Jangmi?", he asked and Woohyun's head immediately shot back to the person in grey.
   "Omo", he let out."What is she doing here?".
   "Jang Mi?", Sunggyu asked.
   "Curious much?", L.Joe asked.
   "No", Sunggyu answered."I just remembered this friend from Busan. Her name is Jangmi too".
   "She's from Busan too", Hoya said and Sunggyu was shocked.
   "She is?". He took a look at the girl standing right in front of them."No, she's not her. Jangmi is glowing. She's....dark".
   "True", Woohyun nodded as they watched Jangmi getting yelled at by the customer.
   "HOW DARE YOU?!", the customer yelled at her."DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS OUTFIT COSTS?! IT'S DESIGNER!".
   "Sorry", Jangmi simply apologized and bent down to pick up the shattered glass on the ground.
   "Hmph", the lady on her 20's let out and put out her foot to step on Jangmi's hands as it held the glass in her hands.
   "Agh-", Jangmi yelped lowly hiding her hurt.

   No one saw, but Hoya did and he felt worried.
   Jangmi closed her eyes tight and held in her cries.

   "That's too much" Hoya heard Sunggyu mumble and he nodded in agreement.

   They watched her continue to pick up the glass with her bleeding right hand and place it on the tray. He stood up and placed the tray on the table.
   She just looked up at the lady in front of her and raised a brow.

   "Psh", the customer responded and she grabbed the glass of latte from her friend.

   "H-Hey! I'm not finished!", he friend let out, but before she knew it, her latte was poured over Jangmi's head. Immediately she stood up and pulled her friend away."Eri,what are you doing?!".
   "Showing this girl how I feel", Eri simply answered.
   "And I feel nothing", Jangmi smirked despite the hot liquid dripping from her hair.
   "What's going on here?!", someone yelled from the kitchen. It didn't take long till an old woman went out and stood in front of her. Jangmi just stared down at her."Byun Jangmi, what's going on?!".
   "She spilled coffee all over my outfit!", Eri answered and the lady shot Jangmi a glare.
   "Jangmi, I can't believe this! It's your second day here and you've poured coffee all over a model's outfit".
   "Oh so she's a model?", Jangmi snorted."She doesn't look like one".
   "Hello~", Eri waved."The outfit?".
   The manager of the cafe sighed and turned to Jangmi."Jangmi, you're fired. I'm sorry, but this is the third time you disappoint a customer".
   "But it isn't me this time!", Jangmi yelled.
   "Don't you dare yell at me!".
   "Well, at least I know the truth!".
   "What truth then?!", Eri asked.
   "That it was set up!". Jangmi pointed to the guy behind her."He placed his foot on the way before I could even reach Miss Eri's table and I tripped. It's HIS FAULT!".
   "What ever reason it is, Jangmi, you should be careful! You're fired! That's final".
   Jangmi sighed taking off her apron."Whatever", she muttered and chucked her apron to one of the workers before grabbing her bag from the locker and stomped out of the area.
   "Whoohoo", Woohyun snickered."Suits her well~".
   "You've got that right", L.Joe and Jonghwan nodded, but Sunggyu and Hoya had a different feel from them.
   "Geez. It was just an accident", Hoya mumbled."I don't think Jangmi had an intention to do such thing".
   "I guess", Sunggyu sighed pushing away his smoothie."I don't think I'm in the mood to finish this anymore. That really ruined my mood".
   "....".
   "Howon?".

   Hoya didn't answer. He was deep in thoughts. He was actually thinking deeply on what to do.
   Go after her or stay?

   He turned to grab his bag beside him."Sunggyu hyung, I gotta go. I forgot to pick my outfit for the party. I'll pick you up later, okay?".
   Sunggyu nodded."Arasso. 7pm, right?".
   "Yeah", Hoya smiled."Get ready by then, okay? Annyeong".
   "Annyeong", Sunggyu waved and Hoya ran off to search for a certain someone.
   Unfortunately, she's no where in sight and he frowned."Where is she?", he thought and he pulled out his phone to call someone.
   "Driver Hyun, it's me", he said when his call was answered."Can you pick me up at YG Mall? Yes. I have to make it to the party soon. Thanks".

   He locked his phone and looked around."I guess she left already", he sighed and so he made his way out of the mall. He headed to the bus stop where his driver told him to wait at and it was such a coincidence to find Jangmi there.
   She was just there standing with latte still over her head and clothes. He felt worried for her seeing her condition. It's a cold weather. He felt like he had to help her that time.
   Then he notice two figures in black standing beside her. He felt this suspicious aura as he looked at them. His questions were soon answered when the taller guy approached her and snatched her bag away from her.

   "Yah!", she let out running after them. They were fast, but she caught up to them and she grabbed her bag.

   Unfortunately, they were too strong for her and one of them grabbed her arm and pushed her in a harsh way. They left her wincing on the ground after that and Hoya can't help, but to run to her to see how she is.

   "Are you alright?!", he asked her and she didn't dare to look at him.
   "I'm fine", she answered in a serious tone and he sighed patting her back.
   "Stay here and wait for me", he said before running off to get her bag back.

   The two thieves made it far from Jangmi and they reached an alley where they hope that they wouldn't get spotted.
   The unfortunate thing for them is that Hoya caught up to them and soon snatched Jangmi's bag away. The two of them glared at him and he stepped back hugging Jangmi's bag close to his chest.

   "Give it back, boy", one of them demanded, but he slung the bag on his shoulder.
   "Give it!", the other yelled, but he continued to step back and soon bumped into someone who happens to be another man in black. Beside him is another one and Hoya is now at a center and trapped.

   "What are you gonna do now kid?", the tallest one ask and Hoya didn't say anything, but only gave them a smirk.
   Hoya was yanked by the collar."What are you laughing at, huh?!".
   "Your face", Hoya answered and the guy received a kick on the crotch.

   Hoya pushed the crying man away and grabbed the iron rod at one corner pointing it at the others.
   One of them lunged at him, but he dodged his attacks. The other one tried to punch, but he hit him with the rod. The fight went on and in the end, all three were down and in pain on the ground. Hoya tied them up and called the police.

   "Hello. We have four thieves somewhere here in Euljiro street. I'm hoping that you'll pick them up for me. I have to go somewhere", he reported.

   Meanwhile, Jangmi did wait and she was shivering cold. She sat on the bench curled into a ball, burying her face into her arms. She's been waiting for over 15 minutes now and she can't help, but to feel so cold.

   "Hey", someone called and she turned to look up to find Hoya standing beside her.
   "Oh, what are you doing here....."
   "Howon", Hoya answered."Lee Howon".
   "Whatever", she said."So?",
   Hoya held out her bag."Here. I got your bag",
   She didn't answer and just took it away from him."You may go now", she said, but Hoya never left since his driver told him to wait there."I said leave".
   "Aniyo", he answered."I'm waiting for someone".
   "Whatever", she rolled her eyes and looked away.

    So it went over 5 minutes, 10 minutes, then 30. Hoya kept on stealing glances at her and Jangmi was starting to feel conscious.

   "What?!", she let out startling the other people at the stop.
   "Nothing", Hoya answered and she looked away.

   Beepbeep!
   Hoya's ride arrived and Hoya stood opening the door to place his bag inside.

   "Need a ride?", he asked Jangmi, but she gave him a look and Hoya took it as a 'no'.

   He frowned staring at her. He later rummaged through his bag and pulled out a scarf. He approached her and unfolded it. He placed it over her head. It's the least he could do.
   Jangmi was surprised, but she hid it. She looked up at him and he flashed her a smile.
   "It's cold", he said and he entered the car after that.
   Then, the car was no longer at her sight. Jangmi only stared at nothing in particular and she waited till her bus finally arrives.

Endie+4.jpg

Haha. Happy to update ^^

Sorry if it took long. Exams just finished

Comment and Subscribe~