Shut Up!

Hidden Brightness

Chappie2.jpg

Lunch Hall...

   So Jangmi had just reached the lunch hall. She entered it just now and just by her first step inside, she had received a lot of stares from every student inside the room.

   She ignored them completely and tried to completely forget about them, but those stares felt like they were burning her scarred skin. She walked towards the counter. There, she bought herself some food and even the lunch lady was afraid of her that her body was stiff when she took the money from Jangmi's hands.

   Jangmi made her way to a table to take the seat. Ignoring the stares, she turns on her Mp3 and pulled her headset up to her ears to listen to music in max volume.

   Every student never took their eyes away from her. Well, not all, but most. Some just warily looked away shivering from the mysterious aura grazing their skin.

   "Hey. who's the new girl?", one student asked nudging her friend beside her.

   "She's in our class", the guy beside them told her."I don't know why, but she creeps me out".

   "Jurong-ah, she's in your class?", the first girl's friend asked him in interest."So what is she like?".

   "Well...", the guy sighed looking up at the ceiling to think about the right words to say as he scratches his neck."It was cold actually. I think there's not a single one of us who shivered at her sight. She's just too icy and she keeps on that kind of poker face everytime we would try to take a look at her".

   "Wah~ She's really...creepy, but in the same way interesting".

   "Psh. You call that interesting?", the Jurong snorted at her words."Sangji-ah, I'd rather stay uninterested with her. She's just....scary...".

   "My guess is that she's a gangster", one of Sangji's friends frankly said.

   Both friends gawked at her."What???".

   "I think she's a gangster", she replied not even caring if her bold conclusion was doubting.

   "How could you say so?", Jurong asked.

   Sangji nodded."Yeah. How?".

   Both questions from her friends made Aerin give them the duh look."Duh~ It's pretty obvious. Have you even see her scar? It must've been from a fight that she's been through. And also add up her gangster like outfit to the statement. She looks...Euhk!".

   "Shhh", Sangji hushed,"Aerin-ah.... She might hear you".

   Little did they know, Jangmi had already managed to hear them despite the fact that her mp3 was set on high. She retracted her eyes from the food on her table before eyeing the three people standing a few meters away from her. He kept on hearing such topic that she felt curious about it.

   She slowly pulled her headset back down to her neck before focusing her mind on the person's words.

   "She's disgusting!", Aerin let out,"She should just disappear! She's ruining the clean image of Woolim High. Other schools might think lowly of us especially our rival school Top High".

   "Yah, Aerin-ah", Jurong butted in before she could say more."For all these years, Top High has already thought lowly of Woolim. They're at the top! I repeat. TOP. That's why they're named that way. They're the most prestigious school here at our street. There's no beating them. We're 5 schools lower than them".

   "Or maybe...", Aerin playfully thought. Her face was playful then she gave out a serious look of disgust."Maybe Woolim isn't just picking the right students for our school. EXAMPLE. One GOOD example is HER. That gangster girl over there! Woolim can't just stop to pick the efficient students with a high grade. She's too... dark and... scary".

   "What's wrong with picking the smart ones. I'm smart too you know", Sangji told her offended.

   "No offense Sangji, but could you please let me finish?", Aerin interrrupted."Let me just say out my opinion about this ty school".

   Jurong stepped up to stop her from voicing out rude opinions but she beat him to it.

   "Woolim is filled with smarties and lowlifes. Top is filled with cuties, hotties and even the people at high ranking. Woolim just kept on thinking that intelligence is the number one thing needed to keep the school at a high rank. Guess what? Bzzzt. WRONG".

   "A-Aerin-ah--".

   "They're just wrong, wrong, WRONG. I think the only people perfect here are our dear Kingkas--Infinite. Some other people include me, you and Jurong over here. Woolim is just so low!".

   "Aerin we're at the top 5!", Jurong let out,"Isn't this enough?".

   "No, it's not!", Aerin yelled.

   "Or are you saying this because the guy that took you as a fool is from that very school".

   "Yes, it is because of him. Him as in Lee Byunghun! But this isn't the cause... The cause of all this is this very school. We seem to low to them that they took as all as low as a greatly naive prey. This school is already lowly and it became more lowly because of dear dark gangster over there!".

   Jangmi had enough. She had enough! She didn't want to here more about it and oh how mad had she gotten right now. Due to frustration, she pushed her lunch away and stood from her seat to approach the three from her spot. She stomped her way towards the three and seeing her, Jurong and Sangji stepped back as Aerin continues to let out her harsh opinions about Woolim High.

   Jurong and Sangji tried to signal Aerin to stop. They tried but before Aerin could get the point, Jangmi turned her around to grab her by the neck and tightly held her still at that position.

   "What are you doing?! Let go of her!", Sangji let out a shriek.

   Jangmi did nothing. She just stared directly into Aerin's eyes and smirked.

   That smirk sent fear down Aerin's spine. Those eyes... Too dark for her liking. She wanted to get away from her grip as much as possible. She tried to struggle away. She tried to pry Jangmi's arms open so she could escape her tight grip around her neck.

   "S-STOP! You're hurting me!", she let out at Jangmi.

   Jangmi didn't say anything but only tightened her grip around Aerin's very neck.

   "Am I?", Jangmi chuckled,"GOOD".

   "....".

   "Idiotic brat!", she addressed to the other."Calling me a gangster so, huh? You have no manners. Heh... Me being a burden to this school. Excuse me! I am NOT the only burden in this school because you are one of those burdens! Calling the school you study in ty and lowly? Why don't you just move to Top High instead and just enjoy your luxurious life there!".

   "Stop this, please!", Sangji pleaded,"You're hurting her!".

   "AND I DON'T CARE!", Jangmi yelled at Sangji beside her.

   Sangji was silenced and Jangmi smirked in satisfaction before turning her attention back at Aerin in her hands.

   "So why don't you just transfer to Top High right now? Why, huh?... Ohhh~ Maybe this is all because you can't afford it! Just by this statement, it is concluded that you're also one heck of a lowlife", Jangmi mocked and Aerin slapped her right in the face.

   "SHUT UP!", she yelled.

   "Well, why don't you, huh?!", Jangmi asked. She tightened her grip around Aerin's neck."You have no manners. Just because I act this way doesn't mean that I am a gangster! And you! Thinking highly of yourself... You and your high expectations! You think higher than your current state even though you are also a lowlife... You know... That also makes you lower than a lowlife. You're like...at the bottom of ALL. Just so you know... maybe this is why you were greatly hurt by Lee Byunghun your 'EX'. You expected too much, but it was too good to be true... It was all just a JOKE".

   A tear slid down Aerin's eyes as she felt offended by Jangmi's words. It's true actually. She expected too much. She thought too high on herself that she felt so confident with her relationship with Lee Byunghun aka L.Joe--Kingka of Top High.

   Jangmi tilted her head."Now you know, hm?", she asked with a smirk."Now you learned a lesson that you should better keep your words to yourself. You have offended a lot of people right now and I do hope you noticed that. You haven't even noticed that your are also one heck of a lowlife".

   ....

   "Keep your words to yourself. Do you understand?!".

   "YES!", Aerin cried out struggling to breathe."Yes, I understand! Please let me go, PLEASE! You're hurting me!".

   Jangmi didn't have any second thoughts. She flashed Aerin a glare once more and finally lets go of her but in a harsh way.

   She pushed her.

   She pushed Aerin so hard that Aerin falls to the ground breathing heavily trying to gain her strength back.

   Aerin was immediately attended by her friends. Jurong pulled Aerin into a tight hug as Sangji shot her a glare.

   "You're too much!", Sangji yelled but Jangmi only glared down at them.

   "Are you okay?", Jurong asked Aerin in his arms but he got no response as he hears sobs coming out of Aerin's mouth.

   Jangmi didn't care less. She turns her back on them and only decided to snatch her bag away from the table to stomp her way out of the room. As she walks out, the basketball team just kept their eyes on her as they watched with both surprise and fear."

   But one of them actually watched her with anger and humiliation.

   "She's too much!", Mr. Popular Woohyun growled in frustration as he ruffles his hair.

   "Dude, calm down. You better calm down or you'll get wrinkles. You don't want that right?", Lee Seonkyu(Junior) calmed him down.

   "Talk formally you freak!", Woohyun let out at him."Just to remind you about something, I am your Senior! You may be too young for highschool since your still 15; You may be smart which may be the reason why you got into highschool so early, but just so you know, you have to talk with respect!".

   "Yah, hyung!", Junior Lee Sungjong asked as he hugged Seonkyu in his arms."Please don't talk to my brother that way. And to remind you something, you allowed him to talk imformally to you!".

   "Sorry", Woohyun huffed shaking his head."I just feel so frustrated...".

   "Frustrated as in ually frustrated?", Soryong asked scratching his head with innocence.

   "Yah!", Daeryong whispered hitting the back of his head."Are you crazy?!".

   "Ah, BWOYA?!", the others let out at him and Soryong shrunk to his seat in embarrasment.

   "Just let him go", Woohyun grumbled shaking his statement off."I can't believe that I am going to be her dear seat mate for the whole senior semester!".

   He turned to Hoya. Hoya didn't seem to be saying anything.

   "Yah!", he yelled,"Are you even listening?!".

   Hoya had his eyes closed. Hoya was also busy listening to music from his mp3 in high volume that he wasn't able to hear Woohyun's minor tantrums.

   Woohyun grunted and elbowed Hoya right on the head.

   "Eo--Bwo?!", Hoya asked rubbing his head innocently.

   "Were you even listening?!".

   "Aniya, I didn't. Mianhe", Hoya apologized looking at his watch. He quickly arranged his things before standing up."I have to go. I'll take my leave now".


   "Eung?! Where are you going?", Woohyun questioned,"Recess isn't over yet".

   Hoya flashed him a smile."I'm done eating", he said before finally leaving the lunch hall leaving the other questioning his actions.

   "Hn. What's up with him?", Woohyun asked in curiosity.

   Just then, a lot of girls crowded around him and his attention was torn away from his best friend who was just walking away.

   "Oh, hey girls~", he cooed and there he starts to have a lovely chat with them.



   Hoya did go to the library after the little incident in the lunch hall. He's currently busy turning this page and that. One by one, he answered every question in his homework perfectly making sure that they are all correct. There are some parts that he didn't know so he just left them blank and he planned to answer them later on.

   Yeah, he left his friends at the lunch hall just as he finished. He saw everything that happened and he knew what exactly will happen after that. He knew well that Woohyun would completely nag. He finished his lunch quickly but careful enough to prevent himself from choking. Later on he set his mp3 to high so he wouldn't hear any of Woohyun's complaints and so he couldn't  be bothered by it.

   Yes, he was calm but that was until Woohyun elbowed his head which ACTUALLY HURTS!

   Still, he knows too well than to get mad at Woohyun. Woohyun would just throw words back at him and he would only end up being silenced at the end.

   And as decided, he just left for the library, a place quiet enough for him to relax and so he wouldn't waste too much time, he decided to pull out the books for his physics homework to do some research while he's at it.

   So now it has been over 30 minutes already and within that time, Hoya had already pulled out over 7 books all in all and has answered 20 questions.

   He breathed out after he finished answering his 21st question. He eyed the clock across him and found out that he only has about 10 minutes before lunch time ends.

   "I'll just answer this later on", he told himself as he stood to return 5 of the books to their original place.

   He started to arrange his things and zipped his bag close before he went towards the librarian.

   "Annyeonghaseyo", he bowed placing the books on the librarians table.

   "Oh, Howon-ssi, annyeonghaseyo", the librarian beamed."You're doing your homework again?".

   Hoya nodded."Neh", he smiled.

   "Did you finish it?".

   Hoya hummed,"I have 7 questions left so it's all good. I'll just answer them later at home. Kim Saseonim, can I borrow these two books for my homework?".

   "Well, you were only suppose to borrow one as said by the school, but since I trust you so much seeing how you take care of your things well, I'll let you borrow two books".

   "Gomapseumnida", Hoya thanked with a smile and waited for the librarian to record what has to be recorded.

   "Here you go", the librarian said sliding the books to him.

   He carefully took them and bowed."Gomapseumnida, Kim Saseonim", he said."I'll take good care of the books. Annyeonghikyeseyo".

   "Annyeonghikaseyo, Howon-ssi", the librarian bidded and so Hoya leaves the room for his homeroom class. Well for now he thinks he has to do some bathroom business, so he had to stop at the males CR on the way.

   He arrives just now and before he could even open the door to the comfort room, he heard another door open and he silently gasped turning to look at his right.

   Someone just went out of the female toilet and it didn't take long for him to realize that that very person is actually the new girl.

   Her right side was facing him and he let go of the toilet's door knob as he stared at her shocked.

   He observed her carefully. She didn't seem to be okay. He noticed something wrong. Jangmi seemed pale and he couldn't help but to notice her slightly staggering balance as she slowly stepped out of the door.

   He slowly moved his eyes down to check on her arm to find the huge scar embedded on her seemingly used to be porcelain-like skin. He frowned at the sight of it and slowly he looked up once more to find her in daze.

   "She looks pale", he thought to himself."Is she alright?".

   Jangmi felt someone staring at him. She took a look to her right and soon found Hoya staring at her.

   This made Hoya able to observe her more as their eyes had contact with each other.

   There he noticed her puffy eyes and her tear-stained cheeks. He also noticed that she is sweating and that she is also trembling but not too much.

   Jangmi's eyes showed shocked and she stood there frozen in front of him not knowing how to react. A few seconds later she finally snapped out of it and she quickly rans away to her class and Hoya reached out to her.

   "W-Wai--", he stopped. She's gone and she's no longer in sight.

   Jangmi flashed back into Hoya's mind and he remembered everything he saw. The tears, the red eyes, the scar.... everything. The thing he couldn't forget the most are her eyes. He couldn't forget how vulnerable she looked despite the fact that she had this fierce image the first time he saw her."

   He sighed scratching his head."No doubt about it... She just cried".

   From that time, he decides to continue with his business and afterwards he went back to class to find Woohyun waiting patiently for him and Jangmi back to scary mode.

   "Eo! Hoya-ah!", Woohyun waved at him but he didn't have his eyes on his friend. Instead, he had them on Jangmi who is currently busying herself with reading a book.

   "Eo, Woohyun-ah", he smiled when he saw Woohyun pouting at him since he didn't notice him at first.

   "Meanie", Woohyun told him."I was waving at you and why did you respond just now?".

   Hoya took his seat."Sorry". Hoya chuckled."I was just looking at Jangmi".

   "Oh...", Woohyun nodded uninterested on the topic."I know, right? She's too creepy that you couldn't take your eyes off her. I had the same reaction so don't worry about it".

   "Yeah", Hoya sighed before taking his phone out to see if there is anything new with it.

   He had 2 text messages and he tapped on the first one.

   It's from his sunbae Sunggyu.


   From: Adorable Hamstergyu^^

   Annyeong, dear dancing chingu~ How are you doing?
   Yeah, probably you're still the awesome dancer I know.
   What about Woohyun? Still the bothersome popular and naggy greasy Nam Woohyun? Expected...
   I heard that Sungjong's brother Seonkyu was accelerated? Wah~ He's so lucky :) I wish I also had the brains.
   Anyways, I'm free today. Tell Woohyun lets hang out later, ne? My treat ^^ Anything you guys want but you better not
   exceed 50,000 won each, arasso?
   5 pm. Let's meet at YG Mall. See you later~



   Hoya chuckled. As always, Sunggyu's been the cute and caring hyung he ever loved.

   Everyone loves Sunggyu. He's the famous initiative and good-looking school president of Woolim High. He is the reason why Woolim reached the top 5. He is so great that he has done a lot of great things for the school. Even the teachers love him and Hoya's the second to that. He's one of Hoya's inspirations to study harder too. And he is also the reason why Hoya decided to join the elections for the school officers and he is now the smart and badass(as what girls think) secretary of the school.

   Why not become the president? Well, he didn't want to gain too much attention really. Just looking at Woohyun being surrounded by girls worried him. He even remembered when Sunggyu fainted once because of mental stress. It was all a cause of too much attention.

   Besides, he knows well that the Dragon Twins aka Tasty twins can do well with the Pres and Vice Pres spot. Yeah, both won and he felt happy for them. Daeryong as the president and Soryong as the vice is perfection. Those twins combined can do great. Being the secretary of the school, Hoya has already heard everything that the twins planned for the school. Those plans are just damn good that he had to hit himself many times to stop himself from bragging about it inside the school grounds.

   "Aigoo, hyung", he shook his head as he tapped on the screen of his Galaxy Player 5.8.


   From: Awesome Dancing Hoya

   Hyung, you're still too humble, eo?
   I love you for that, hyung ^^
   Yes, I am still the awesome dancing Hoya everyone knows and yes, Woohyun is still the greasy popular etc, etc of Woolim High.
   I just don't know how he can handle such thing. You know, the 'attention???'
   Even I am being bothered by just watching him being surrounded by girls.
   And about Seonkyu? Yah, seriously, hyung!
   You're still too humble. You already have the brains, you dummy!
   You are very initiative, trustworthy, dependable and... Well, there are infinite good ways to describe you.
   We miss you so much. How are you doing so far in college?
   Let's talk about it later, ne? Can't wait to see you. Study well ^^



   Sent and Hoya smiled leaning himself back to his seat.

   He turned to look at Jangmi busy reading and he frowned remembering everything that he saw a while ago.

   "I wonder why she cried?", he mumbled and his phone beeped.



   From: Adorable Hamstergyu

   Arasso :)
   And isn't it unusual to put brains and dummy in the same sentence???
   Haha. Annyeong, chingu. See you later :)



   Beep. Hoya finshed reading and now for the next message.
   This time, it's from his father and he sighed before checking it.



   From: Abeoji

   Howon-ah, remember that you have to come to the business party later on, arasso?



   Hoya mentally hit himself. He forgot that the business party will be held at 8pm later!
   "Paboya!", he cursed to himself.
   He started tapping on his phone screen once more.



   From: Awesome Dancing Hoya

   Ah, I forgot. Sorry.
   Thank you for reminding me.
   Abeoji, can I invite two friends over? Is it okay?
   It's Sunggyi and Woohyun anyway so I don't think that they'll be a problem.



   Beepbeep.


   From: Abeoji

   I'm fine with you bringing Sunggyu but I feel worried about Woohyun being there.
   It's okay if you bring both, but please keep Woohyun away from the ladies.


   Hoya laughed at his father's reply. It is so true. There was this time when Woohyun was invited to another one of his family's business parties and he just had to flirt with lots of girls.

   Aigoo... Such bothersome memories...

   He thanked his father after this and texted Sunggyu about the party.

   As soon as he returned his phone to his pockets, he tapped Woohyun on the shoulder and Woohyun gave his attention to the younger person beside him.

   "Sunggyu will be meeting us at YG Mall later on. His treat but don't exceed 50,000 won. You're also invited to my family's business party later on so get an outfit ready. I'll send someone to pick you and Sunggyu up at exactly 7pm", he told him and Woohyun's face lit up.

   But before Woohyun could fully celebrate about it, Hoya added the most important information of all."But please stay away from the ladies and don't flirt. I swear! If you do that again, I'm gonna kick you out of the party".

   "Psh", Woohyun pouted,"You're no fun".

   "Yeah, whatever", Hoya chuckled."So....".

   "So?".

   "Have you spoken to Jangmi yet?".

   Woohyun rolled his eyes."Well, I said hi but she ignored me. Do you think this is easy for me?! She looks terrifying like she's going to bite?!".

   Hoya frowned taking a look at Jangmi hoping she never heard it. He sighed in relief as he noticed her listening to music on her mp3.

   Yes, he is now worried about her feelings. He used to ignore her, but if you just saw what he saw, you'd feel a lot different towards her.

   "Don't say that, Hyun...", he told Woohyun."You should try talking to her more. You may not know. She might not be the person you think she is".

   "Yeah, please call me crazy", Woohyun smirked not appreciating Woohyun's words."No way that will happen".

   Hoya sighed giving up on Woohyun at that moment. Pushing even a bit more can make Woohyun snap. Woohyun's pretty jerkish at times and he hates it when it happens, so he gave up.

   He took a glance back at Jangmi and he sighed. He carefully watched as she quietly reads some kind of suspense book.

   "I who are you really?", he sighed. Just then, their homeroom teacher arrives and he finally takes his attention away from her.

 

Endie%25202.jpg

Just finished the update :)

And yes, the chappie is pretty long.

Haha. I guess I'm in the total mood to update~

^^MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE^^