Her Arrival

Hidden Brightness

Chappie.jpg

 

 

   Tuesday in Woolim High. It's the usual. Every student in class would just do their own thing as they wait for their teacher to come.

   Nerdies would read.


   Dancers would dance.

   Singers would sing.

   Artists would draw.

   Troublemakers would make trouble.

   Couples would be couples.

   Loners would be loners

   Etcetera, Etcetera! Too many!


   Let's just say that everyone is currently doing those stuff right now and that their teacher's already been a quarter of an hour late.

   Frustrating for the nerdies; Satisfying for the troublemakers.

   It didn't take long till their 26-year-old teacher finally came with good news for them.

   Or maybe bad?

   ...

   She entered the classroom with her usual smiling self and greeted the class sweetly as they greeted her back with their cheerful smiles.

   "We're going to have a new student today", she announced and every person in the room felt excited about it.

   "Although, she came from Busan and since she just moved in to Seoul, I would like to ask you not to bother her too much".

   "Oh, chincha?!", a girl from behind asked out.

   "Ye, Eunji-ssi", dear history teacher--Yoon Soori chuckled which made Eunji turn to her seat mate beside her.

   "Hoya-ah!", she let out with joy as she cling to his arm. The guy only stared at her in slight surprise by her actions."Hoya-ah, this means she's also from our hometown! Kyaa~ This is so great, ne? I can't wait to meet her! This is so cool, ne?".

   Hoya was actually taken aback. The fact that he was just minding his own business then all of the sudden, his friend pulled him out of his business, got him blank for a moment.

   "Ne?!", she asked again and he mentally slapped himself back to his senses."

   "Uhmm. N-ne! Kureyo!", he chuckled turning to his best friend just to his right who had passed him and Eunji a smirk.

   "Yah, Eunji-ah!", Woohyun called from his seat."Don't tell me you're choosing Hoya over your boyfriend!".

   Those words made Eunji let go of Hoya's arms, immediately holding them up in defense."Eh?! Aniya~ I would never pick anyone over my In Guk Oppa", she pouted and Woohyun smirked.

   "Oh, really?", he teasingly said receiving a hit on the head from Hoya.

   "Y-Yah!", he glared rubbing his head."What was that for?!".

   "You know what I mean", Hoya laughed down at his friend."Stop jumping into conclusions. Eunji and I are only friends and there is nothing more. She's been liking In guk for long now and she's never even turned her loyalty away from him once unlike a certain someone there....". He eyed Woohyun from top to bottom.

   Woohyun leaned back feeling uncomfortable."Who?", he innocently asked.

   "You!", Eunji answered out,"Mr. Popular, Greasy, Teasy, NAM WOOHYUN!". She stuck her tongue out at him afterwards. Her words caused the whole class to laugh out loud at her answer.

   "I'm not greasy!", Woohyun let out in defense and immediately turned to the teacher in front."Yoon Sonsaengnim, you may continue, please", he said and she only held down a chuckle as she speaks again.

   "I just want to give you guys a suggestion", she said.

   "What's that?", Hoya asked.

   "I suggest that you don't expect to much about this new girl. I don't want to hurt you all, but she's not what you'll be expecting".

   "Oh! If she's one of those hotties, damn! I think I'm gonna lose my mind", Woohyun let out and some of the class grunted while some laughed at his greasiness.

   "And there goes the greasy part", Hoya mumbled as he looked away. He felt Woohyun's burning glares to his head.

   "Very funny, Woohyun!", their teacher laughed with both amusement and sarcasm at the same time. She is not surprised at all. This is one thing she expects from Woohyun.

   "Nope, it's disgusting", two boys gagged in sync.

   "Shut up, Daeryong! Shut up Soryong!". Woohyun stuck out his tongue at each of the twins."You're just jealous that more girls like me than how they like the two of you".

   "Correction", Daeryong smirked,"We're exactly as popular as you. Just so you know, we have a lot of fans too".

   The younger twin nodded in agreement."And we are contented even though they are maybe a few dozens less than yours because WE(pointing at both of them) are better than you with a lot of things".

   "Oh yeah?!", Woohyun raised a brow at them."What ARE those 'things'?".

   "School", Daeryong answered.

   "Dancing", Soryong added.

   "SPORTS", both emphasized with a smirk."Unlike you--the worse of the players in the team".

   "Okay, that's enough", Mrs. Jung shook her head."She's been standing out there for so long now. Let's just get here in shall we?".

   "Ne", her class answered and she turned to the door with a kind smile.

   "You may come in now", she told the girl by the door.

   Just then, the sliding doors of the classroom opened and in steps a creature they've never seen before. All jaws dropped and all eyes widened at the sight of her. They can't help but to notice her appearance in front of them.

   She has over four or five piercings in her ears. She has dark eyes, dark hair, dark clothing, dark everything! The most noticable and disgusting sight of all is the sight of a dark four-inched scare laying right above her elbow at her right arm. All came with the accompaniment of a dark and mysterious aura that sent chills around each student's body.

   "Oh.my.God", one of the students let out leaning closer to her seatmate beside her."She's horrible. What in the world is she? A gangster???".

   "And I thought she's gonna be a cutie", one of the guys smirked.

   The class grunted and Mrs. Yoon felt worried for the new girl all of a sudden.

   "Class, that's not really a nice way to welcome the new girl", she told them and everyone fell silent at the moment.

   "This is Jangmi by the way. Byun Jangmi... Just as I had told you a while ago, she just moved in from Busan to study here at this very school". She turned to look at Jangmi beside her."Say hello, Jangmi".

   Jangmi only kept a straight face. She kept a cold expression and decided to greet the class with a slight bow."Nice meeting you", she answered them with a monotone voice enough to creep everyone of them out.

   "Okay, then. This is awkward", Mrs. Yoon laughed nervously to break the ten-second silence that had occurred just now."Now where to put you?".

   She looked around. She looked at every row seat by seat and had later laid his eyes on Woohyun seating alone in the middle without a single seat mate.

   Noticing the teacher looking at him, Woohyun's eyes widened. He shook his head rapidly at the teacher hoping she would change her mind.

   *Please... Anyone... Any seat mate, but HER*.

   Yeah, this is pretty much what he's thinking and the HECK he wants to ran out of the room right now.

   He watched his teacher put up a sly grin before turning to the girl beside her.

   "Alright, since Woohyun doesn't have any seat mates, you'll take the seat beside him", she said before giving Jangmi a gesture to sit."You may take your sit".

   Jangmi simply nodded and went for the seat beside Woohyun.

   "Oh, heck no", Woohyun face-palmed mentally crying right now.*Help me*.

   Yeah, poor him. After a few seconds in his life, he'll be sharing a table with a creepy girl who may be a total opposite of his bright cheery self.

   "Poor Woohyun", he heard someone mumble from behind.

   "Yeah, I feel sorry for him", another student replied and he immediately shot them a glare, making the girl cling onto the guy's arm.

   "Shut up, will you?!", he let out at them."Aish!". He turns around to face the front.

   Then, he feels this tap on his arm.

   He turns to look at his best friend Hoya with a icy stare using his normal adorable eyes.

   Hoya didn't back out. He flashed Woohyun a smile showing both sympathy and mockery."Good luck, Namstar. I'm cheering for you", he said and Woohyun stomped his feet to the ground under his table.

   "It's bad luck!'.

   "Oh, come on. She's not that bad".

   "Are you out of your mind?!", Woohyun let out.

   Just then, Jangmi takes the seat beside Woohyun and he felt chills ran up his spine.

   He tensed up. He slowly turns around to face her.

   Seeing her too close made him scoot away."Ugh... Hi?", he let out

   She didn't say anything. All she did is eye him before turning to face the front.

   Seeing this, Woohyun sighed solemnly and awkwardly turned to listen to his teacher's explanations.
   

2 Hours Later....

   2 hours. After one hour of history with Mrs. Yoon, they now move on to their Calculus lessons with Mr. Tablo, which had just finished. He placed his books on the table and organized them neatly before picking it up again.

   "Class, I'm leaving now. Don't forget your homework, okay?", he told the class."You may take your recess".

   He leaves and now the students leave as fast as possible afraid of the new girl inside.

   Jangmi leaves after a dozen of them and later the other students left as well leaving Hoya and Woohyun alone inside.

   Hoya had just zipped his bag. He now stood to walk towards Woohyun's table just a meter to his right.

   Woohyun was blankly staring at his already arranged bag deep in thoughts.

   "So...", Hoya started,"How was your day with the new girl?".

   Woohyun heaved an exhausted sigh."Let's just go...", he said.

   Woohyun stood. He walked passed Hoya towards the door and Hoya could only let out a small smirk before following after him.


 

Endie.jpg

 

First chapter has been posted

I can't say when I'll update, but I'll try to update soon

I can't promise since I've been stuck with school work lately and HAHAHA

I actually passed my entrance exams to MAPUA Institute of Technology ^^

I'm so happy ^^

Yeah, exams just finished so I had some free time for this

Hope you enjoyed reading the first chappie~