Whenever You Need Me, I'm Always There

Always There

Key's POV

 

I've been with you through everything. I've been with you through thick and thin. We've known each other since we were little so I know you better than anyone else. I know you better than your own girlfriend does. I know everything there is to know about you Kim Jonghyun and yet you choose her? Well I don't blame you. I should've told you about my feelings. I always thought about it you know? I always thought about telling you I was in love with you...but then she came along. 

 

You knew she didn't like you back so you asked me to help you make her fall for you. I did help you...and I hate myself for that. I hate myself for making her fall for you. She was a nice girl for you though. She was perfect...not like me. I had flaws; a lot of flaws. But this girl was an angel. I'm happy for you. I'm happy that you two started dating...on the outside. On the inside I felt my hart shatter every time I saw you two together. I felt like crying but I held it in. I held all my emotions in. 

 

Then just when I thought you two were finally over you forgave her. How can you forgive her for that Jonghyun? She cheated on you and you instantly forgave her without getting mad at her. I guess you really like her that much.

 

It was now time for college. We were going to the same college which made me happy that I could still be with you...and her. She was going to the same college as us too. We shared a dorm together. She would come to visit every single night. This really pissed me off but I didn't show it. She was really nice. She was just perfect. I felt kind of guilty hating her but she was taking you away from me so I had to hate her.

 

Skipping ahead a couple of years now and we're graduating. We all go out together to celebrate; you, your girlfriend (the perfect, angelic one), Taemin, Minho, Onew and I. Out of nowhere, you stand and get on one knee. My heart started to race. Was this it? Were you going to do it? You take out a little black box and you open it. Yes. My biggest fear was about to happen. You were proposing...and she said yes. There it goes, my whole world crashing down. Everyone stood up (even all the other people in the restaurant) and started clapping and so did I. You stood back up and kissed her passionately. That's it. I think I just died. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I was happy for you, I really was...Well, that's only what I was trying to convince myself. In reality I was depressed. I couldn't take it.

 

A couple of months later and today was the big day; your wedding day, the most exciting day of your life...and the most depressing day of my life. I was your best man. I had to pretend to be happy...well, that's what I was doing for the past few years. You looked handsome. You looked more handsome than you've ever looked before (which I didn't think was even possible). We hugged before you went out. You were standing there waiting for your soon-to-be wife to spring out of those huge doors at the other side of the aisle with a huge grin on your face. I've never seen you this happy. It killed me on the inside that I wasn't the one that made you as happy as that. You looked at me and I forced a smile. The huge doors opened. She looked beautiful. She always looked beautiful. That's it. I couldn't take it anymore and the smile that I had forced was erased from my face.

 

After the wedding I left a note for you on your desk:

 

"I'm going to leave. The more I see you with this girl the more despressed I get. I love you Kim Jonghyun.

 

Correction: I LOVED you Kim Jonghyun and I hope you're happy with her...REALLY happy. I don't want you to be sad...but I don't want to be sad either. So I'm leaving to pursue my dream. Please be happy and remember: I'll always treasure our moments together and I hope you do too. I'm always there in your heart... at least I hope I am.

 

- Love Key"

 

**************************************************

A/N: BAM! Another one of my fanfictions in your face! I need to stop with the angst.

Note to self: STOP WRITING ANGST KAYDEE. YOU'RE CORRUPTING EVERYONE'S HAPPY MINDS WITH YOUR DEPRESSING STORIES.

BUT!!!!

There's a sequel to this and it has a HAPPY ending. OMG Kaydee writing a happy ending? What is life .__.

I will most likely post that tomorrow because I have no life and I'm procrastinating on my homework which I really shouldn't be doing.

Oh, and my apologies for any grammar mistakes or anything like that.

Comments are loved!

And thank you to those nice people telling me to continue writing. I love you all and this is dedicated to you (even though you might think this is bad XD)