New Job

The Worst Job Ever? [hiatus]

"Trust me, she is really hardworking. And she is a really nice person. I'm sure you'll like her!" Yuri chirped, beaming him a huge smile.

 

"Arasso... I'll let her try it out...But if she does the job badly, Donghae hyung might just fire her. You know him, he's very cold and harsh towards strangers..." Kim Jonghyun said and laid back against the chair that he was sitting on.

 

"But I'm sure he'll like her eventually. She's a really wonderful person!" Yuri continued.

 

"Ne, she can start tomorrow but I would like to meet her tonight. How's that sound?" Jonghyun took a last sip of his cappucino and stood up.

 

"NE! THAT'S FINE!" Yuri smiled widely and stood up. "Sorry I couldn't take that job."

 

"It's okay. 7pm right here. See you soon." Jonghyun concluded, without beaming back or anything. He just walked off.

 

"Aish... That family just wouldn't open up huh? Always so cold..." Yuri shuddered as she took her bag and headed to her best friend's house excitedly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"JESSICA! OPEN THE DOOR!" She heard her best friend yell from outside her door. Jessica walked to the door and opened it, to see Yuri beaming at her.

 

"I've got good news!" Yuri smirked and pushed Jessica back into the house, then slamming the door close behind her. She made Jessica sit down first before grinning at her.

 

"W-what?" Jessica asked, unamused.

 

"I've got a new job for you!" Yuri started squealing happily while Jessica just stared poker-faced at her. Looks like Yuri was the one who got a job instead of Jessica.

 

"What? But I've got one already..." Jessica sighed, picking up the book that she was reading before Yuri comes knocking at her door.


"QUIT IT!" Yuri said, turning into a more serious mode.

 

"Bwoh? I can't..." Jessica said, still reading her book.

 

"Yep you can," Yuri stated and grabbed Jessica's book away.

 

"HEY!" Jessica pouted.

 

"The job that I'm gonna introduce to you has a much higher pay... Like five times more..." Yuri rolled her eyes and slammed Jessica's book closed. Jessica's eyes widened and her jaws dropped. Yuri giggled at Jessica's reaction.

 

"Jinjja??!" Jessica gasped. She had never heard of a decent job that could give her a high pay. Speaking of decent... "W-wait, it's a decent job right?"

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and threw Jessica's book aside.

 

"Duh."

 

"OH YEA! I'll take it!" Jessica screamed, punching her fists into the air.

 

"I thought someone was unamused before?" Yuri teased and ended up being smacked by a pillow that Jessica threw. "Ow."

 

"Well, what job is it?" Jessica asked.

 

"You'll be kind of a maid and a babysitter at someone's house in the 'city'. The job might be quite tough. The people there are hard to handle." Yuri claimed and Jessica shrugged.

 

"Well, that is one of the reasons why I pushed the job to you instead." Yuri explained honestly.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"The job was introduced to me at first as I was a friend of the family's friend. And you know, I work as a babysitter. But everyone one in the city knows them and they are one tough family to handle." Yuri explained. "They live in a huge mansion with up to like five floors and about 30 rooms. They call it the Lee Mansion. Mr Lee and Mrs Lee died 4 years back in and their eldest daughter, Lee Jihyun and her foreign husband, Mark Lunde died in a car crash 2 years ago, leaving their two daughters with their uncles, Lee Donghae, Lee Changsun and Lee Taemin. However, the three brothers now took over their father's companies. COMPANIES." Yuri emphasized on the 'ies' in companies.

 

"Wa..." Jessica gasped, thinking about the huge mansion that she was going to be in.

 

"Lee Donghae is the eldest brother, followed by Changsun then Taemin who is still currently studying for his last year in business. And of course, Lee Donghae will be the new boss. There are about five companies that are in Korea that is owned by their father. Mr Lee ever owns two companies overseas. One in America and another in China. Of course, these three brothers are not the only ones. Their cousins, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum and Kim Jongin helps out with the companies overseas and also in Korea." Yuri concluded.

 

"There's more to it though," Yuri added, looking at Jessica's curious face. "Mr Lee adopted a little boy many many years back and his name was Jung Yonghwa. And he is currently in America, taking over the branch other there. Kim Jong-in is now studying in an American school... Kim Jonghyun, however stays in Korea to help the three Lee brothers out. Well, you can say that he is the most capable guy out of the Kim Brothers. Kim Kibum, also known as the umma for his naggy and diva-ish self, is currently helping out with the branch in China with his two friends Choi Minho and Choi Siwon." Yuri literally beamed when she mentioned 'Choi Minho'.

 

"You..." Jessica squinted her eyes at Yuri. "There is something you didn't tell me, right?"

 

"No!" Yuri almost choked on plain air when she heard Jessica's question. "No..." She repeated.

 

"YOU LIKE CHOI MINHO!" Jessica screamed and threw another pillow at Yuri. Luckily, Yuri saw that and ducked.

 

"What?!" Yuri pretended to sound shock. "No!"

 

"Yes."

 

"No!"

 

"Yesyes."

 

"Nono."

 

"Yes."

 

"No!!!"

 

"YES!"

 

"No."

 

"Yes."

 

"No"

 

"No!" Jessica smirked.

 

"Yes!" Yuri yelled.

 

"AH HAH ! GOTCHA!" Jessica beamed with pride, making Yuri blush.

 

"Fine." Yuri admitted defeat. "I like him okay... How I wish I did take the job instead."
 

"Why Didn't you?"

 

"I'm afraid of whats gonna happen. I mean, those rumours, you know sounds like... Oh em geez, they made it sound like they are crazy."

 

"Like you said, they are RUMOURS and people MADE it." Jessica pointed out and Yuri shrugged.

 

"I don't mind if you take it back." Jessica said.

 

"No thanks. I didn't tell you that I'm going to Japan right?" Yuri asked.

 

"Nope you didn't and now you did." Jessica smiled.

 

"Yep I am going over to visit my relatives there. After that I'm going to China to meet Minho... EEEEEEEEEEEE~" Yuri squealed at the last part.

 

"No wonder. Psssh." Jessica plucker. "So when do I start?"

 

"Tomorrow morning!" Yuri smiled. "Oh wait... It's in the city and it's really far from here... So you may have to stay there..." Yuri gulped, watching Jessica's face turn dark.

 

"WHAT?!" Jessica yelled. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?!"

 

"Well, sorry. I forgot. But now I told you didn't I?" Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

"But what about my umma?" Jessica asked.

 

"Don't worry unni I can take care of her." A familiar voice said and the two girls turned to where the voice came from. There was Krystal at the front door, in her school uniform and taking off her shoes. They must be so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't hear nor see Krystal come in.

 

"You sure Krys?" Sica asked.

 

"Yep, unni I'm a grown up already... I can take care of umma perfectly fine. However, you have to come back to visit us, okay??" Krystal replied, smiling.

 

"Ne, I will. Thanks Krys." Jessica said and walked over to give Krystal a hug.

 

"Hey! What about me?" Yuri whined and the Jung sisters chuckled.

 

"GROUP HUG!" Krystal yelled and the Jung sisters rushed over to Yuri to give her a hug.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh hi Jonghyun-ssi." Yuri said as she stood up and bowed. Jonghyun nodded and took the seat opposite hers.

 

"Hello," Jessica bowed too.

 

"Ahh... You must be Jessica." Jonghyun said and gave Jessica a friendly smile. Yuri stared at him weirdly. Whut... Why... How... the... He smiled at her?! He doesn't even talk to me nicely... Yuri thought and pouted.

 

"Ne." Jessica said and sat down too.

 

"Yuri must have told you about the job, eh?" Jonghyun asked, his smiled faded and he now folded his arms and stared coldly at Jessica.

 

"Ne," Jessica nodded and stared back coldly.

 

Silence filled the air and it was just some cold stares that JongSica was returning each other. Yuri coughed awkwardly and JongSica broke their stares.

 

"Oh, Mianhe." Yuri realised that she just made things even more awkward.

 

"Oh it's okay. So.... Jessica-ssi, what do you like doing?" Jonghyun asked, raising his hand for an waiter's attention.

 

"I like to cook, especially baking." Jessica smiled. "Oh I work in a cafe before Yuri introduced me this job."

 

Jonghyun nodded as he ordered a drink for himself. The waiter nodded and hurried off.

 

"Okay, so where do you live?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"I live in the village area." Jessica replied, embarassedly.

 

"Oh. With?" Jongyun asked, coldly, not even looking at her.

 

"My umma and my sister, Krystal." Jessica replied.

 

"I see." Jonghyun took out his phone and started playing with it. God knows what he is doing... Soon his drink came and he took a sip of it.

 

"Tomorrow, 8am, my chauffer Lee Hyukjae will go over to your house. But first," Jonghyun took out a paper and a pen. "Give me your house adress. And your handphone number."

 

"Uhm... I don't have a handphone." Jessica admitted, taking the pen and writing down her address." Jonghyun's eyes widened and he almost spit out the coffee that was in his mouth.

 

"Jinjja??" Jonghyun asked and Yuri nodded for Jessica.

 

"Yep, there ya go." Jessica gave Jonghyun the paper and pen back.

 

"Okay... I guess." Jonghyun stood up and walked off.

 

"Bye!" Yuri yelled after him and Jessica just rolled her eyes, pulling her out too.

 

"I see what you mean Yuri, just the Lee's cousin and he is already irritating me." Jessica concluded...