Chapter 13: What Becomes of Everything

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 13: What Becomes of Everything

“Looks like your almost ready to go.”

Henry was finishing his job of tying Zhou Mi’s bowtie because he had never worn one before and had no clue how to tie it.

“Yeah but now I am doubting myself.”

Henry finished the bowtie and looked up to Zhou Mi.

“Oh? Where did brave and confident Zhou Mi go, huh?”

“He‘s been gone since I failed to believe you and made you leave because I was confident in the fact I was right. But I wasn’t.”

“Mimi its ok. I’ve told you many times since then that is was ok. Well that and you couldn’t avoid Luo forever.”

Zhou Mi just closed his eyes and sighed, knowing it was true.

“I know and even though I know all the things now that he did to Lu Han and to you, its still nerve racking to confront him about it on a date and all.”

Henry hugged Zhou Mi suddenly but it didn’t surprise the older one bit and he just hugged him back.

“Thanks Henry,” Zhou Mi said as he pulled out of the hug.

“Of course.”

The 2 fell into a comfortable silence as they stared at each other for a bit before Zhou Mi broke it.

“Do you think Lu Han is having fun?”

“Why wouldn’t he? He is with Kangin and Chanyeol out at the little kids fair that’s going on this weekend. I don’t think he could be happier.”

“Well…maybe if he was with us then he would.”

Both laughed as Henry spoke through is laughter, “True.”

“Your sure you‘ll be ok while I‘m gone?”

“Zhou Mi I will be with Leeteuk for part of the night. I will be just fine. I have been before.”

“I know I guess…”

Henry gave a confused look in Zhou Mi’s direction.

“Guess what?”

Zhou Mi looked Henry in the eye, “I guess I am just worried you’ll leave again.”

Henry was shocked at Zhou Mi’s response but his eyes soon softened and he grabbed Zhou Mi’s hands.

“Mimi, I promise you, unless you ask me to leave again or I suddenly go back to my world. I. Am. Not. Leaving.”

Zhou Mi took a death breath and ended up smiling and almost sincere smile but it was still laced with worry. 
 
"Zhou Mi," Henry said softly, "Just do what you have to do. Go with your heart and not your brain. Your over thinking things so you stress yourself out."
 
"How did you get so good at saying things to calm people down?"
 
"Violin." 
 
"Huh?" 
 
Henry just pushed him toward the door so he would actually start moving.
 
"When you get back Zhou Mi I will tell you how the 2 are related." 
 
"Shi."
 
And with that Henry pushed Zhou mi out of the door with a smile on his face, trying not to laugh at the man.
 
_____________
 
Knocking resounded through the apartment a half hour after Zhou Mi left and Henry knew exactly who it was.
 
"Coming Leeteuk hyung!"
 
Henry opened the door and welcomed Leeteuk in and both sat down on the couch. 
 
"So how have things been this past week?"
 
Henry thought for a moment before answering, "Fine Leetuek hyung. But it's weird that Zhou Mi has been so careful around me because he is so scared I'll leave again."
 
"Or could it be because of a different reason?"
 
Henry gave Leeteuk a confused look, not understanding him at all.
 
"Do you really not get what I am getting at Henry?"
 
"Yeah. Mianhe but I don't get it hyung."
 
Leeteuk smiled, and even though they were alone in the apartment, he still leaned on close to Henry.
 
"Didn't you tell me the day after Zhou Mi apologized to you that you realized you had feelings for him?"
 
Henry turned bright red from him bringing that up again and the fact that he got what Leeteuk meant while ago. 
 
"Ne but you are saying you think Zhou Mi likes me too? That's not possible."
 
"Really Henry? You basically he's been around you all the time and you 2 do seem to have gotten even closer than before. Plus you love Lu Han and he loves back. Your like a mom to him and Zhou Mi sees that. You can't deny that fact."
 
'He is right. I can't deny it when he puts it that way but...'
 
"But Leeteuk hyung what if he is just like that cause of Lu Han. I mean..."
 
"Henry stop. You know that you just coming up with excuses. Just wait and see what happens with him and Luo tonight and go from there. Cause something tells me they won't be together for much longer after all he has done."
 
Henry looked down, he still felt bad that he had a part in them breaking up but Zhou Mi always said it wasn't his fault.
 
'I guess Zhou Mi and I are the same now. He worries and feels bad about him making me leave again and I feel bad about how I told him about Luo and possibly causing their break up.'
 
__________________
 
-With Zhou Mi and Luo- 
 
"Zhou Mi you sure your ok? You seem nervous. What's on your mind?"
 
Luo and Zhou Mi were at a restaurant for dinner and Zhou Mi couldn't help but think of his nervousness.
 
"Honestly?"
 
"Shi." 
 
"I was thinking about Henry."
 
Zhou Mi took notice to the change in Luo's face as he said Henry's name and knew now why.
 
"Why him? You're always talking about Henry."
 

"Maybe because he told me what you did to Lu Han and how you threatened him constantly.”

“What? No Zhou Mi he is lying. Why would I do that? I love Lu Han and he is just jealous so he is trying to break us apart.”

Zhou Mi shook his head and Luo froze for a second.

“Meiyou. Henry told me that and I took your side, got Lu Han very upset with me after he left. But Lu Han figured out he was at Leeteuk hyung‘s place till he found a job to get his own place and Lu Han told me everything.”

Luo plaed as he realized what that meant.

“Luo he told me all of what Henry said and then some. I want to hear it from you, did you really do those things?”

Luo didn’t say anything for a minute before he sighed and gave in. “Shi.”

“Weisheme ne? What did Henry do to you? And more importantly what did Lu Han do to you?”

"I was worried and jealous Zhou Mi. Jealous of Henry and worried about Lu Han."

"Shenme?"

Zhou Mi was so confused now, what was Luo trying to say?

"I was worried about Lu Han because I was being greedy. I knew you loved your son and I just was worried you wouldn't pay attention to your boyfriend and I thought getting along with him was the answer."

"Then why didn't you just do it naturally?"

"Because he didn't want to. He stuck by either you or Henry and kept giving me almost hateful looks. And when I tried to talk to him he gave me false answers to things such as favorite color. And I knew if he told you that he didn't like me that you might not want to date me at all."

"But Luo, Lu Han still could have come to like you. Now he probably hates you even more than before."

Luo softly said 'oh' and looked down as Zhou Mi continued talking. "What about Henry? Why were you jealous of him?"

"I was jealous if Henry because you always talk about him. Something him and Lu Han did or something you know or found out about him, like when you found out he could play violin. It made it sound like you liked Henry not me."

Zhou Mi froze as his eyes widened in shock. Did he really bring up Henry that much? Yes they were close but they were best friends and lived together, why wouldn't they be that close?

"I don't talk about Henry that much."

Luo shook his head in disagreement. "Meiyou Zhou Mi. You do talk about him a lot."

Zhou Mi kept thinking about and realized that there's a truth to what Luo was saying. He does talk about Henry a lot, and to anyone too not just Luo.

“Ok maybe I do. Yifan.”

“Its ok, I guess I have to accept that but answer me this.”

“Do you like Henry?”

“Shenme? Meiyou. Theres no way I can.”

Luo gave him this look before he started asking him a few questions.

“Why did you let a complete stranger stay in your house with your son?”

“Because he needed help and he looked so small and young I just wanted to protect him.”

“How do him and Lu Han get along?”

Zhou Mi gave him a confused look, wondering what he was getting at with these questions. “They get along amazingly. Henry takes care of Lu Han like he is his mother and plays with him. He always is there for Lu Han and that’s especially good for when I cant be there.”

“And what is Henry like?”

‘What is he like…?’

“Henry is…he is a bunch of things. He‘s so kind and caring to anyone, even if they don’t like him, he is childish at times but that makes him get along with Lu Han, Chanyeol and Sehun easier than us but he also knows what shouldn’t be done with them and what we don’t allow them to do. He is sweet and helpful with household chores. He never breaks his promise, the only time he does is if someone does something to make him break it…like I did. He likes kids and warms up to people once he feels like he can trust them so he doesn’t put anyone in danger. And he is very trusting, he can keep any secret and wont tell anyone even if you give him permission to tell someone he wont.”

“And…” Luo took a deep breath knowing that he had already lost but still wanted to kind of help Zhou Mi even if he hated that it was with Henry. “And what did you tell me you like in a guy? You said I was close to it when we 1st started dating.”

“uh…I said something like I want someone who is kind, caring, loves Lu Han like I do and who Lu Han loves back. Someone who is trusting, dependable and flexible, helpful and sweet, and is good with…” Zhou Mi had to pause as he realized why Luo was asking him all these questions, “kids…”

“Seems like you realized something…”

“Henry matches almost exactly to my ideal type.”

‘Is this really happening? Am I that dense and oblivious?’

“Yeah…”

“Luo I am so sorry. Even though I like you and if I hadn’t been made to think about my relationship with I still would have to break up with you cause what you did was just not necessary and unforgivable. Yifan Luo.”

“I feel like I should be mad, but I cant yet because I brought this onto myself.”

“Zaijian Luo.”

“Zaijian Zhou Mi. at least I could help you realize you do like someone, someone who is your ideal guy.”

And with that Luo left money for their bill and left without another word to Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi remained sitting for a few minutes absorbing some new information.

‘Oh my god…I DO like Henry…and I like him a lot too.’

_____________________

“Henry gege! Uncle Leeteuk! We are back!”

Both men were surprised at the sudden shout but then realized that it was just Lu Han.

“hey you guys are back,” Henry said as Lu Han ran to his arms and climbed onto his lap, hugging him and Chanyeol doing a similar thing to Leeteuk, “Did you have fun?”

“Ne! But I am tired,” he whined cutely. Henry looked over at Chanyeol and Leeteuk to see they young boy to already be in dream land.

‘Must have been waiting to be in his mom’s arms again before falling asleep. Cute!’

“When will baba be home?”

“I don’t know. We will have to see. I’m sure in a couple of hours.”

“Awwww….”

“Now,” Henry started as he stood up with Lu Han in his arms, “Much like Uncle Leeteuk is going to do with Chanyeol, why don’t you got to bed and if you hear baba come in you can come say hi. Ok?”

“Shi!”

After bidding farewell an thank you to Leeteuk and Kangin he took Lu Han to his room and changed him into his pajamas. When he went to lay him down, he wouldn’t let go of Henry’s neck and after Henry told him he had to so he could rest, Lu Han reluctantly let go but not before giving Henry a kiss on his cheek.

“Wo ai ni Henry gege.”

“Wo ye ai ni Lu Han.”

After about a half hour after Henry had left Lu Han’s room, he heard a door open and shut and looked up to see Zhou Mi back already.

“Zhou Mi?”

“Hey…”

Henry noticed the slight change in the man. He seemed troubled by something. “Zhou Mi what is wrong? Did Luo not take it well?” he asked in a whisper.

“Where’s Lu Han?”

“He is in his room sleeping. Now tell me what is wrong.”

Zhou Mi sat on the couch Henry was sitting on, the one with its back to the bed rooms, next to Henry and sighed.

“No Luo took it…well. Well not at first but he accepted it.”

“Then why do you seem so bothered by something??” Henry asked as he turned himself on the couch to his left to be looking at Zhou Mi, left leg folded under him.

Henry was so curious to what was going on in Zhou Mi’s head right now to where it was almost frustrating that this man wasn’t telling what was wrong.

‘Zhou Mi, please open up and tell me…’

After a good 10 minutes of henry just looking at Zhou Mi, who was looking at his hands, the latter finally spoke something.

“Henry?”

“Shi ma?”

“If I…” Zhou Mi turned to face henry to, mirroring his posture on the couch but with his right arm up on the back of the couch as well, “if I were to do something would you promise that no matter what it is…you would be mad at me and hate me?”

Henry’s eyes widened in shock, not knowing what suddenly came over the man in front of him. One moment he is as silent and wont tell him anything then the next he is asking him to not get mad at him and hate him?

“Shi! Of course Zhou Mi. I promise I wont.”

Zhou Mi nodded and requested one more thing from Henry.

“Close your eyes.”

“Shenme?”

“I want you to close your eyes. Hao ma?”

“Ok.”

Henry did as he was told and closed his eyes, waiting for what ever Zhou Mi was going to do but after a couple minutes of nothing happening Henry decided to ask what he was doing.

“Mim-”

He could speak anymore. Mostly due to him feeling something warm touching his lips.

‘What?? Zhou Mi is kissing me???’

And indead Zhou Mi had finally got the courage to lean in and Kiss the younger.

And he liked it. He just hoped Henry did and didn’t freak the other out.

‘What if he doesn’t like it?’

But that was all thrown out of his mind in an instant.

Because he felt Henry kissing back.

 

____________________

oooohhhhhhh i really like this chapter!!! i hope you all like it to and coment because i really wnat your feed back on this chapter especially!!!

but omg they kissed!!!! yay!!!!!!!!! ^^ hehe still had to kinda make it cliffhanger because i was origianlly going to stop the chapter after zhou mi's last thoguht but i decided to go on ^^

Read, comment and review please! ^^ Hao ma?