Chapter 28: Not A Perfect Ending, But A Great Beginning

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

A/N: My little Cubs! I know it has been a few years, but I felt like I owed you all an ending. I don't even know if the orginal cubs are still around, but I owe them this chapter and ending. I have spent two days trying to figure out how I was going to end this story and this chapter of my life. I just want to say that I have loved writing this story and seeing my own personal growth in it. You have all been such an amazing audience and I have enjoyed my time with you all. I would be lying if I said that I'm not emotional about this, but it is done. Thank you for all the memories. Feel free to still comment and put in what you think should have happened or how you liked it. I love reading them. And remember, Karabear loves yo

            The relationship with Soohyun and Hoon was always growing stronger each day they were together. Like every other couple who are engaged, they took every moment they could to spend time with each other. Whether it be Soohyun taking a break from recording or if it were Hoon having some spare time after making some phone calls, they would spend that moment with each other. Even if it meant that the other one still had work to do, they would keep each other company.

            Since it was now a few weeks since Soohyun proposed, some things were starting to change. The biggest change was in the company. It was not anything negative but there was something that the two didn’t think would happen so soon. The timing of the announcement was very interesting as well.

            One part of the change the company was experiencing was that they were now going to hold an annual company party. Everyone in the company was invited and they were allowed to have up to two guests with them. The thing was though, Soohyun and Hoon didn’t know who to invite. Most of their friends were at work so there was no one else that really came to their minds except their family. However, they knew their families probably would have a hard time at the party since they didn’t know anyone.

            At home, the two of them took the moment to decide on whom they were going to invite. Hoon was on the couch while Soohyun was in the kitchen trying to make dinner. “Babe, we can’t just let these tickets go to waste. We have to think of at least one person to invite.” Hoon explained.

            “I know but who do we really know anyone who would want to come? I mean our families don’t really care for our scene. After my father passed my mom hasn’t really wanted to go out to parties.” Soohyun explained.

            “That’s a good point.” Hoon explained and then placed his head on the back of the couch. He was staring at the ceiling thinking about all the options that they have. It took him a couple minutes but there was an idea that popped into Hoon’s head. “Hey, is Kiseop part of the company?”

            Soohyun put the finishing touch on the chicken he made and placed it on the table. “You know, I don’t think he really is. I mean they hire him when they need the dancers but he is part of a different company who we get the dancers from.” He explained.

            “Well there we go! You can give Kiseop and Kevin the tickets.” Hoon explained.

            Soohyun let out a nervous laugh. “Honey, Kiseop and Kevin broke up a little while ago.” He explained.

            This was all news to Hoon. “Wait! What? I thought they were still together this whole time.” He explained.

            “No they broke up. From what I heard and from what Kiseop actually told me, he said that he still had feelings from his ex-boyfriend. Originally, he went to America to study and he would never call him back or keep in contact. Therefore, he figured that was his way of breaking up with him. Then when he came back he realized he was still in love with him and then Kevin and he broke up.” Soohyun explained.

            Hearing the story Hoon couldn’t help but feel bad for Kevin. Especially since, he really got to know him that one day they hung out in the dance room together. His only hope for him was that he would be able to find someone else who would love him unconditionally.

            “Well, have you heard anything about what Kevin is up to now?” Hoon asked Soohyun curiously.

            Soohyun crossed his arms. “I actually haven’t heard anything. I never really knew Kevin that well so I can’t say that I would know what he’s doing right now.”

            “Ah, well I think I have his number somewhere so I could always call him to see how he’s doing.” Hoon thought aloud.

            “That’s true. Well love dinner is ready so let’s eat before we both start getting really hungry.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon sighed. “Alright,” he said while slowly getting off the couch. As he was walking towards the table, he looked at Soohyun. Hoon walked right up to him and gave him a soft hug. Soohyun wrapped his arms around Hoon, loving how much they just fit together. “I love you.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun placed his cheek on the top of Hoon’s head and smiled. “I love you too babe. Let’s eat.” He replied and the two separated then started to enjoy their meal together.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Kiseop was looking at his schedule in the new apartment. They were moved in almost completely with the exception of a few boxes of stuff they didn’t need yet. Kiseop was slightly concerned about the amount of work that he didn’t have. Usually he would have to go into the studio six days a week just to get in all the practice they could for whatever they were hired for. However, his schedule was only filled three days with auditioning new dancers and choreographing some new routines for another dance crew. There was nothing specific towards his crew. They used to always have work so this was definitely concerning.

            AJ came out of the bedroom in his suit for work to see Kiseop deep in thought looking at his schedule. All he noticed was the concerned look he had on his face. Then he bit his lip. That was the one indicator AJ knew that Kiseop did that when he was stressed. He let out a soft sigh and walked over to his love.

            AJ wrapped his arms around Kiseop from behind and placed his chin on his shoulder. Kiseop took in a deep breath before turning around to face AJ. When they faced each other, they tasted each other’s lips for a few long seconds. Kiseop wrapped his arms around AJ’s neck and he rested his head against his collarbone.

            “What’s wrong love?” AJ asked softly.

            Kiseop let out a very long sigh. “I’m worried about work to be honest. I only have to work three days this week when I usually work six. There hasn’t been any requests from music companies in the past few weeks and we just finished up the last one. I’m worried that we won’t be able to keep the studio open.” He explained.

            AJ sighed while running his hand through Kiseop’s hair. “Don’t worry love; I’m sure something is going to come up. This just might be a slow time. Weren’t you telling me about that time a while back when the company didn’t have any requests or jobs until about two months went by only to find that there was a problem with music contracts? Maybe there is just something going on with the company. I’m sure there is something going on with that an then the studio will be filled with requests for dancers. Just you wait and see.”

            Kiseop let out another sigh and nodded his head. “Yeah maybe you’re right. I guess for now I should be focusing on the new dancers anyway. If we are going to have some new team members then they are definitely going to have to learn how to move as a unit with us.” He replied.

            “See now you’re thinking positive.” AJ said right before kissing Kiseop’s cheek. “I may be a little late tonight because of the pile of paperwork I have neglected. I’ll call you right when I finish though.”

            “No problem. I might stay late at work too anyway. I have a meeting.” Kiseop explained.

            AJ smiled before grabbing his keys. He then opened the door to get ready to leave. He turned back to look at Kiseop. “I love you. I’ll see you after work.”

            “I love you.” Kiseop replied with a grin on his face. Then AJ left for work.

            Although what AJ said helped to ease Kiseop’s mind a little, there was still a part of him which was very nervous. He wanted to be able to say he was grateful that he had some spare time in order to just hang out and be with AJ, but he liked working as well. Dancing was something that he has always loved and if there was a lack of performances, then he was going to have to try to find something as a replacement for his team and the other teams at his company.

            Again, he looked at his schedule and ran a hand through his hair. “Okay Kiseop you can work with this. Maybe we can try and find some work in other places than what we are used to. We can do this.” He said to himself for motivation.

            He was going to get ready to leave when his phone started to ring. When he picked up his phone and saw the caller ID he noticed that it was Soohyun. In his mind he had no idea why he could have been calling. He had recently come out with a new album so it wouldn’t have made sense for him to ask them to help with another choreography. He answered it anyway.

            “Hello?”

            “Kiseop? Hey, it’s Soohyun. I have a question to ask you if you have time. Do you think that you can stop by the studio some time today?”

            There was shock on his face. “Uh, yeah I think that I can make some time today. Does about three o’clock sound good to you?”

            “Yeah I think that should work out perfectly fine. Thanks man. I’ll see you then.” Soohyun then hung up the phone.

            There was just plain confusion On Kiseop’s face, but at this point, he was going to take whatever life was going to give him. If that meant that he was going to have meet Soohyun out of nowhere, then it was going to do it.

 

            At three o’clock, he managed to get to the studio. He was a little out of breath because he was almost late and he had to run from the parking lot in order to get to the building. He got to the front desk and asked for Soohyun. The receptionist looked at him like he was crazy.

            “You don’t understand, I actually work here from time to time. Soohyun himself asked me to meet him here at three o’clock.” Kiseop explained.

            “Yeah I am the President of Korea. I’m sorry, but it’s not going to happen.” She replied.

            Suddenly Kiseop was starting to get a call. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Soohyun again. He held it up to the girl and raised an eyebrow and a smirk. The girl looked a little embarrassed.

            “Hello Soohyun, I’m sorry that I am not there yet. The receptionist won’t let me inside.” He explained.

            “Are you serious? I even told her that you would be coming. Well can you hand her the phone?”

            Kiseop handed the phone to the girl. She looked nervous, but she still took the phone. She answered it and then started to look even more embarrassed. The conversation lasted about two and a half minutes before she hung up and handed the phone back to Kiseop. “I’m sorry for the misunderstanding sir. Soohyun will be on the fifth floor and said that he will send someone to get you once you are off the elevator.”

            Kiseop nodded and made his way over to the elevator. In his mind he couldn’t believe that the girl was so adamant about him not entering the building. With how many times he had been there he would have thought that at least someone would have recognized him by now. It wasn’t something that he was going to linger on though.

            He got into the elevator and pressed the button to go to the fifth floor. The doors closed and he waited as the elevator started to go up. There were many things which Soohyun could have wanted to talk about, but there was nothing which Kiseop could think about for sure that Soohyun would want to discuss.

            The doors opened and the first person who Kiseop saw was Hoon. He forgot that they were now engaged. “Oh hi Hoon.” He greeted.

            “Hey Kiseop. I’m sorry about what happened at the front desk. I told her specifically that you were going to be coming to meet Soohyun, but I guess she forgot. Please follow me and I’ll take you to Soohyun.” Hoon explained.

            Kiseop stepped out of the elevator and started to follow Hoon. “It’s really okay. Soohyun calling was kind of my revenge against her.”

            “I bet. I would have done the same thing if I were you. Basically if you’re rude to someone, karma will come back biting.”

            “Exactly. Hey congrats on your engagement by the way. I never got a chance to call and congratulate you guys.” 

            Hoon turned back for a second and smiled. “Thank you. We have been taking it easy so don’t worry about not calling. We understand that you have been busy as well.”

            Hoon then knocked on a door and waited two seconds before opening it. When he opened it he checked inside and then opened the door fully. He gestured for Kiseop to go inside. Kiseop went inside and then Hoon followed and closed the door behind him. Soohyun was sitting on a couch with a bunch of music sheets in front of him. When he saw Kiseop he smiled.

            “Ah there he is. I’m sorry about what happened in the front. Hopefully that girl will keep better track of people coming in. Could you imagine if it was someone high up who that happened to? Chaos.” Soohyun explained.

            “Don’t worry about it. It’s all resolved now.” Kiseop replied.

            “Please have a seat so we can discuss somethings.” Soohyun gestured.

            Kiseop sat down on the couch, Soohyun sat down on a chair, and Hoon sat next to him. “So what is it that you wanted to talk about?”

            “Well, we actually wanted to say first and foremost that you are invited to the wedding. I appreciate all the work that you have done with your team to make the dances and stage performances what they have been. I’ve been very happy with them and so has the higher ups so that’s what I wanted to say.” Soohyun explained.

            “Oh I am just doing my job. And I would be honored to attend your wedding. Working with you I feel as if I have got to really know you and make a good friend.” Kiseop replied.

            “There is something else too. We have a company party, which is coming up, and since all the employees get two tickets for guests, we have some spare tickets. Would you like two tickets so you and your boyfriend could attend?” Soohyun asked.

            Kiseop was shocked. He didn’t think that he would be able to go to anything like a company party. Especially not when he was invited by a huge K-pop idol. “I-uh wow. I don’t know what to say. I mean, I would love to go to this party. Thank you.”

            “No problem. We hope that we actually get to meet your boyfriend. The only person who we have met from your life is Kevin, but you guys broke up.” Soohyun explained.

            Kiseop felt a bit sad. “Yeah, I couldn’t love him the way he needed me too. Especially when AJ came back. I couldn’t love someone else the way they needed when I still loved someone else. Besides, AJ and I ever truly had any closure so it was hard to have him be back and continue another relationship.”

            “There is no need to explain yourself to us. We understand what you are saying. I’m sure that you and Kevin have moved on and are both happier than you guys were.” Hoon explained.

            “One can only hope.” Kiseop explained.

            “I bet he’s fine. So, here are the tickets Kiseop. Make sure you keep those in a safe place because those will be the only thing that gets you into the party. All of the information is on there.” Soohyun explained.

            Kiseop took the tickets and looked at them. “Thank you.” He wanted to ask Soohyun a question, but he didn’t know if this was the time. However, he decided that asking couldn’t hurt. “I have a question myself Soohyun.”

            Soohyun looked intrigued. “Yes?”

            “Well, my schedule has been a little dull lately and the company I work for isn’t getting many jobs. So, I was wondering if it is possible that you may know of anyone who are looking for dancers or a company to get or train dancers.”

            “Oh well I’m sure that your company is just having a dry period. I mean, we get those here all the time.” Soohyun replied. Kiseop didn’t look satisfied with the answer though. Hoon looked at Soohyun and elbowed him a little to hint that his friend really needed some help. “Well, I guess I can ask around though to see if anyone is looking. Also, maybe there are some people at the party who might be interested. I’d bring some business cards if I were you.”

            Kiseop was a little more cheerful now. “Okay. Thank you for all the help. Oh and for the tickets.” He replied then looked at his watch. “Oh I really should be getting home. It’s my night to cook and AJ is going to be home in a few hours.”

            “Well it was nice catching up with you again Kiseop. Give your boyfriend our best wishes.” Hoon explained.

            “Thank you guys so much.” Kiseop replied.

            “I’ll you out.” Hoon explained. The two men left the room and then they went their separate ways from the elevator as Kiseop started to make his way back home to tell AJ the news.

           

            Kiseop made soup for dinner and he was just letting it simmer while he waited for AJ to come home. AJ had called about twenty minutes before saying that he had just finished, so now Kiseop was waiting for his love to come back home. Part of him couldn’t wait to tell him the good news. It was going to be like the old days when AJ would have parties which he would invite Kiseop and then show him off to all of his coworkers. It was his favorite thing to do. Now Kiseop had the opportunity to do that with AJ.

            He waited for about half an hour longer and then he heard the lock of the door open and his love come in through the door. Kiseop smiled when he saw AJ standing there with his suit on. He looked a little tired, but he knew that AJ would try to say that he was okay.

            “Hey babe how was work?” Kiseop asked while walking over towards AJ.

            “It was good. Just so much paperwork that I could have swam in it.” AJ replied. Kiseop then kissed him on the cheek while AJ wrapped his arms around his waist. “Something smells delicious. Plus you look very happy.”

            Kiseop gave AJ a kiss on the lips. “Well I have some fun news at least. We got invited to a company party. I get to show you off to all my friends just like you used to when we would go to your parties.”

            AJ laughed a little. “That’s awesome. Well looks like I am going to have to find a nice suit for that.” He replied.

            “Oh, Soohyun also explained that he may be able to find some more work for me and my company. If we can at least fill up a few weeks right now, we won’t have to worry too much about performances. We would be set for a while.”

            “That’s great babe. I’m happy for you. Seems like you had a very fun filled day.” AJ replied.

            “Don’t worry, this is by far always the best part of my day. When I get to come home to a beautiful place, and get to wait for my wonderful boyfriend, I am happier than ever.”

            AJ gave Kiseop a passionate kiss and then made their way towards the kitchen to get ready for dinner and talk more about the part which they were going to attend together.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Eli and Kevin were getting ready to take a drive around town and maybe even try to find a place to have a picnic. The two started to pack some sandwiches and place them in a cooler for later. Eli moved to the refrigerator to get some drinks out when he thought about something.

            “Kev, what are we doing?”

            Kevin turned to look at him from where he was standing by the cooler. “What do you mean?”

            “I mean, we’re making sandwiches and talking about going to a park for lunch for a picnic.” He explained.

            Kevin put everything and faced Eli completely. “Look, I know this is starting to look like a relationship again, one that we had, but I am not ready to call it one yet.”

            “I’m just saying, it looks a lot like a date.”

            “Eli! You cheated on me twice. The first time I was dumb enough to stay and the second time was where I had enough. Now, I don’t know what is going to happen. The only thing that I know right now is that you have changed. You’ve changed since I last knew you and I like it. However, I am still not willing to say we’re in a relationship right now. We’re just seeing where this is going to lead us.”

            Eli had a hard time hearing what Kevin explained. However, he didn’t dismiss it. He screwed up too many times for Kevin and he had to accept that. He should be grateful that Kevin is even talking to him in the first place. He just nodded his head and continued to pack things up for the picnic.

            Kevin felt as if he was just a tad bit harsh, but he said what needed to be said. There was not going to be another honeymoon phase where they are head over heels in love. He didn’t want that anymore. He wanted to grow I love and not worry about there being anything to tear the two apart. He wanted someone to grow with rather than just someone to love. That was his agenda and that was what he wanted forever.

            Even though they had that harsh conversation, they were going to try and make the most of their day. They managed to drive around to play tourist just a little. They enjoyed seeing everything together and walking to places together.

            Finally, they got to a park where they thought they could put down their blanket and have a nice meal. The sun was shinning on them and it felt nice. They hadn’t had a day like this in a while where they could just sit and relax in the sun.

            Eli opened the cooler where they were and took out the food and snacks that they packed. It was still nice and cool and it helped to refresh them after that whole time of walking around. It was just a good overall feeling that they had being with each other.

            Suddenly, there was a call coming in from Kevin’s phone. Eli looked down at it and was interested. “Who’s calling you?”

            Kevin looked confused. “It’s a friend who I met when I was with Kiseop. I wonder if everything is okay.” He then answered the phone. “Hello?”

            “Hey Kevin it’s Hoon. I know it’s been a while since we talked, but I wanted to check in with you to see how you were doing.” Hoon explained.

            “Oh I’m doing very well. I’m at a park right now hanging out with a friend and having a picnic. How’ve you been?”

            “I’ve been pretty good. Hey I have a question for you. Would you like to come to a party for my company?”

            “A party? Oh, I’m not sure about that. I haven’t been to a party in a very long time.” Kevin explained nervously.

            “Oh don’t think too much about it. Literally, the whole company is going to be there. I have two guests who I am allowed to invite so I have two tickets. If you want to bring a friend along, or maybe even someone special, this would be a good place to do it.” Hoon explained trying to get Kevin to go.

            Kevin let out a sign. “I mean, I guess that could go for a little bit. I’d have to find some nice clothes and shoes for it though. I don’t know where I put my last one.” Kevin explained.

            “Haha good to know. There is something about the party that you may want to know. Not that it should really make a difference, but for your sake I think it would be best for you to know this.”

            Kevin swallowed out of nervousness. “What is it?”

            There was a bit of silence on Hoon’s end of the phone. “I just wanted to let you know that since Soohyun and I both get two tickets each, we decided that the other person which we would invite is Kiseop and his boyfriend. I hope that doesn’t change anything.”

            There was a bit of silence again coming from Kevin this time. He wanted to say that he was going to be totally fine with seeing Kiseop with AJ, but he honestly had no idea what woul happen if he were to see Kiseop.

            “Oh, well I guess that I could still go though. I mean, I figure it’s going to be a huge party and that there were going to be many people there.” He Kevin replied.

            “Yeah it’s going to be a huge party. I believe they rented a ballroom and everything. And there is also the fact that there are many people who work there and if they manage to give everyone two guest tickets, it might just be one of the biggest parties this company has ever seen.” Hoon explained.

            “Okay, well I think that I will at least try to make it. I’ll bring a friend along as well.” Kevin explained.

            “That’s great! It’ll be great if you manage to come to the party. I would love to see you there and hang out with you again.” Hoon explained.

            “Yeah me too.” Kevin said hopefully.

            “Awesome, well would you like me to come by your place after I am done with work?” Hoon asked.

            “That would work. I’ll give you my address.”

            Kevin proceeded to give Hoon his address and then they said their good-byes. Kevin smiled and then looked at Eli. Eli seemed to be in a whole different world. He seemed to be in a daze and deep in thought. Kevin nudged him and he immediately snapped out of his daze.

            “Oh sorry. I was just really deep in thought.” Eli explained.

            “It’s fine. I’m sorry that the phone call took so long.”

            Eli rubbed his face to wake up a little more. “Don’t worry about it. May I ask what the phone call was about?”

            “Oh my friend invited us to a company party. He said that he some spare tickets and I was one of the people he thought of when thinking about people to invite.”

            “Wow. That’s a pretty good friend. Well I bet that you are going to have a lot of fun at that party. Company parties are usually the best kinds of parties to go to. The food is great, the music is always awesome, and in general it’s just a more sophisticated college party.” Eli joked.

            “You seem to know a lot about company parties.”

            “Well I happened to sneak into a couple of them in my younger and more rebellious days.” Eli joked.

            Kevin let out a laugh. Then he looked Eli right in the eyes and felt happiness. “Hey, would you want to come to the party with me? I mean, apparently the food is great and so is the music. I don’t really want to take Xander cause he would just leave me the second he sees anyone cute. Plus if you come then you wouldn’t have to sneak in.”

            Eli felt touched. “Of course. I would love to go to the party with you. Though, we might need to find some suits cause the one that I had managed to disappear over the course of a few months. I just can’t remember where I had put it.”

            “I guess we are in the same boat then.” Kevin joked.

            Eli smiled and placed his hand on Kevin’s. Kevin looked down to see Eli caressing his hand. He smiled and then leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. Eli smiled and let out and small laugh. “Let’s finish eating and get back home. I’m getting tired from our little vacation.” Eli joked.

            Kevin nodded and they started to finish their food and focus on packing everything up so they could get home. They enjoyed the day and each other’s company.

 

            When they got home the first thing that they both did was flop on the bed. Kevin went to Eli’s room and laid in the bed with him. Eli didn’t think or say anything about it since he knew that they were just taking things slow.

            Eli his side just to look at Kevin. Kevin was just looking at the ceiling as if something was on his mind. Eli squinted his eyes in interest. “Kev, what’s going on in your mind?” He asked.

            Kevin sighed. “When I was invited to the party, I was told that Kiseop was going to be there too with his boyfriend AJ. I was asked if I was going to be okay with it, but I’m not sure that I will. I haven’t seen him really since we broke up and I don’t know what kind of emotions I will have. I mean, how do you have with someone and not feel at least a little emotion for them.”

            Eli sighed as well. “Well if I have learned from anything, sometimes we have just to fill a void. Even though you and Kiseop were in a relationship, I think you both know that to each other, it wasn’t always going to last. It was a relationship built on hurt. A hurt that I helped cause. And I’m sorry.”

            Kevin turned to look at Eli again and moved closer to him. He placed his body right next to Eli’s and moved in for a hug. The started to cuddle after Eli slipped his arm under Kevin’s head. He held him close and even kissed the top of his head.

            After about fifteen minutes of holding each other in their arms, there was a knock at the door. The boys didn’t want to move, but Kevin knew it was Hoon at the door. “You can stay in bed. I’ll get the door.” He said to Eli.

            He got up and walked over to the door. When he opened it he saw Hoon standing outside with the tickets. “Hey Kevin. Sorry that it’s a little late to hand you these. Soohyun and I had a late night in the studio. I really hope that you are able to make it.”

            Kevin took the tickets and looked at all the information that was on it. “You know what, I’ll be there. At this point, I might as well just go out and enjoy myself. I’ll see you there at the party.”

            “That’s great. Okay I’ll see you at the party. Have a good night Kevin.” Hoon said and then left.

            Kevin closed the door and took one last look at tickets. “Eli! We’re going to a party.”

 

<3<3<3

 

            About five weeks later, it was time for the party. Soohyun and Hoon arrived at the party with their new suits. Soohyun had driven and when they showed up together, there was many looks from the staff that they didn’t see often. The other people weren’t used to Soohyun and Hoon being together so it was strange for them to see them together. Soohyun and Hoon tried not to mind all the staring. They should have been used to it now, but it was something that may never get old for them. Especially now that people all over the world knew that they were basically getting married.

            Once they got out of the car, they noticed the hotel where the party was being held. The hotel in general had a yellowish tint from the many lights and the crystals shining. Everyone who they saw must had been there for the party because they had beautiful gowns and impressive suits. It was funny though to see who the higher ups were and who the people who had mostly desk jobs were.

            Soohyun walked next to Hoon and interlocked their fingers together. He started to really observe the lobby of the hotel and notice it’s beauty. “Wow, it’s so beautiful in here.” He thought out loud.

            “Yeah, whoever designed this hotel must have had a very good eye for design. This is amazing.” Hoon replied.

            Soohyun looked at Hoon and pulled him closer. “Hopefully, when the time comes, we can find a place like this to have our wedding.”

            Hoon blushed a little at the thought. “I think that would be really nice. We can even have a party after the ceremony.”

            “I like the way you think.” Soohyun replied.

            The two smiled at each other again and then started to make their way over to the ballroom where the party was being held. They started to see more faces that they knew like Bora and her new boyfriend and then some of the other people who Hoon works with.

            When they got to the doors they showed their tickets to the people in the front. Once the tickets were clear they entered the ballroom and noticed all the decorations. The decorations were gold and black themed. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the space in general was big and beautiful. The boys were starting to really fall in love with it.

            “Yeah I can deal with this for the night. Hey babe, why don’t we go and get some food and find a table to sit at for the night.” Soohyun suggested.

            “That sounds good. I hope they have something good tonight.” Hoon replied.

            As they made their way over to the buffet, they never really got there in a timely manner. There were many people who would stop them, specifically Soohyun, to chat for a little bit. Since Hoon expected that, and wasn’t very hungry, he just stayed with Soohyun and waited patiently for him to finish the conversations.

            Finally, they made it to the buffet line and managed to get their food. As they were looking around to find a table to sit at to enjoy their meal. They walked around and managed to find a table towards the back where they could have at least a little privacy. They managed to at least eat their meal in peace and focus on each other’s company.

 

<3<3<3

 

            When Kiseop and AJ arrived, it was obvious that they were a little nervous. Kiseop had managed to fidget with his tie and untie it in general. When he looked down to see that he sighed.

            “Damn it.” He muttered.

            AJ looked at Kiseop and laughed. “You always freak out over the small things. Remember this is just a party.” He explained and then started to fix the tie. “No one here really knows you so if something happens it’s no big deal. Also, maybe there is a chance that someone is willing to work with you. Think about your company in that moment. You have to do what you need to do in order to provide jobs for other people. That’s the main mission of tonight okay. That’s not too hard.”

            Kiseop took in a deep breath and tried to calm down. “You’re right. I am here to have a good time and try to do some business on the side. I can do this.”

            “Yes you can.” AJ finished and then he pulled Kiseop close to him so he could put a soft kiss on his lips. “Now let’s go inside.”

            The two went to the front and handed them the tickets. When they went inside, they both started to calm down. There weren’t many people they knew at all, but that was okay with them. They somewhat just went with the flow and focused on getting some food.

            They got their food and decided to try and find Soohyun and Hoon somewhere. There were many people so they didn’t know if that was actually going to happen. They really started to look around and then Kiseop managed to spot them at a table towards the back.

            “AJ, follow me I think I see them.” He explained. AJ started to follow Kiseop since he had no idea where they were going.

            The second they got close to the table Soohyun and Hoon noticed them and waved at them. When they were close enough they were greeted.

            “Hey glad you managed to come.” Soohyun greeted.

            “Glad I could make it. I am happy to introduce my boyfriend AJ.” Kiseop replied.

            “Hello, it’s a pleasure to meet you all.” AJ replied.

            “Hey I’m Soohyun and this is my fiancé Hoon.”

            “It’s very nice to finally meet you.” Hoon replied.

            “Same to you both. I’m grateful that Kiseop has managed to make such great friends through his work. I really appreciate you guys inviting us to this party as well. It’s a beautiful place.” AJ replied and then sat down with Kiseop.

            “It is huh. I didn’t think they would manage to land a place this good. I’m glad this was a place that was on their list.” Soohyun explained.

            “I agree. Plus it’s nice for all of those upper class people to see a place like this and actually enjoy the party.” Kiseop explained.

            “Oh that reminds me. I looked into positions that the company and other companies are looking for and I found a few people who are looking for dancers. If you are interested Kiseop I could get you those names as soon as I get back to work.” Hoon explained.

            Kiseop’s jaw dropped. “Are you serious? I-I don’t know what to say except for thank you.”

            “It’s no problem. I wouldn’t  doubt that there are people here too who would love to speak with you about your company as well. Maybe they can provide a little more work for you.” Hoon replied.

            “Yes definitely. Thank you so much.” Kiseop replied.

            “Looks like things are really looking up for you babe.” AJ replied and then gave Kiseop a kiss on the cheek.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Kevin and Eli had just arrived and noticed that there were so many people around. Even though they didn’t know a lot of them, there were some famous people who Kevin did recognize and made him start to be a little starstruck.

            “There are so many famous people here. What are we supposed to do?” Kevin asked.

            “Remember that they are human beings just like us. They’re still people Kev. If anything I am sure that they still want to be treated like it.” Eli explained.

            “You’re so right. Okay, we are all just human beings. I hope they open the dance floor sometime soon. I haven’t been to a good one in years. I mean this party in general is something which I have to get used to.”

            “Don’t worry. We’ll just go with the flow and find you friend, make some conversation and then kill it on the dance floor. Cause you know how you and me use to just dance our hearts away when we got on the dance floor at a club.”

            “Yeah I remember that. Those were good times.” Kevin replied.

            “Yes, and tonight we can relive those good times. Now, let’s start making small talk with some people and acting like we know what we are doing.” Eli joked.

            Kevin liked that he brough Eli with him. Even though in the past he wasn;t the best boyfriend, the one thing which he always was, was supportive. When Kevin was going through a pahse where he didn’t know what job he should take or what he was going to do about money or a life choice, Eli was always there to give an opinion and then support whatever Kevin had decided. If Xander was the one who had come with him, he knew that there was no way that he was going to leave with him either. Xander had a bad habit of going after any attractive guy, and also getting lost in situatuions and not remembering who he went to a party with. So, having Eli with him was the best thing.

            They started to travel through the crowd of people and they even met some interesting people along the way. They met an accountant for the company who loved to hike various trails and invited them, and they even met a womam who happened to have about four degrees.

            Along the way though, Kevin managed to find Kiseop. He saw him with AJ talking to a man who looked like he was a higher up in the company. There was like a shock to Kevin’s heart when he saw him. It wasn’t heartache, but it was just nervousness. He hadn’t seen Kiseop in a very long time so he didn’t know what to say.

            In his head though, he wanted to talk to him. He needed to in order to really get over what happned. He turned to Eli and then explained what he was going to do. “Eli could you get me a drink while I talk to Kiseop? I need a moment with him.”

            “Are you going to be okay?” Eli replied.

            Kevin nodded and made his way over to Kiseop. At first he didn’t think that Kiseop would see him, but the second he lifted his head, Kiseop made direct eye contact with Kevin. Kevin swallowed, but continued to make his way over to the other boy.

            As he was getting closer he noticed that Kiseop started to whisper to AJ something. At first he thought that he was telling AJ that he was his ex and to watch out for him, but that wasn’t the case. Instead, AJ nodded and started to make his way over to a table in order to get some drinks.

            When they met each other again finally, they were quiet at first. They just stared at each other while trying to figure out what to say. It was a little awkward, but Kiseop finally broke the silence.       

            “Hey Kevin. How’ve you been?” Kiseop asked.

            “I’ve been okay. I-I uh, moved back in with Eli after we broke up.” Kevin explained nervously.

            “Oh I see. Well, how’s that going?”

            “It’s actually really good. We’ve been talking things out.”

            “That’s really good. I do hope that he is treating you right. I know that there was some hard things which you had to deal with.” Kiseop asked sincerely.

            “You know what; I have found that he has really changed. He seems to be more mature and caring now that he has ever been since I have known him. I think he has really changed for the better.” Kevin replied.

            “That’s great Kevin. I’m really happy for you.” Kiseop replied.

            “I really should be thanking you Kiseop.”

            Kiseop looked confused. “What for?”

            “You taught me how to value myself. I thought that for a long time I was supposed to just sit back and watch as others hurt me. But the love you gave me made me more confident. I know what I want and what I don’t and I know how to say good-bye when I have to. I have a better repect for myself because of you.”

            There was a smile on Kiseop’s face. “I’m glad to hear that. You do deserve everything in the world and I hope Eli helps you achieve that. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be the one to give you that.”

            “It’s fine. I understand that for you, that’s AJ. You both love each other so much and at first I couldn’t see it. But for you to break up and admit to me that you still loved him proved that you really did and that you would have given him the world.” Kevin explained.

            Kiseop was almost in tears. All he wanted for Kevin was the best and now he was realizing that is what was happening. Kevin was starting to become happy again. Kevin held his arms out and Kiseop walked into them. They hugged each other as a way of showing how happy they were for each other. They needed the closure and that was how they got it.

 

<3<3<3

 

            Soohyun and Hoon heard the announcement that the dance floor was not opned and they couldn’t help themselves. They started to make their way over to the dance floor while looking out for their friends.

            Eventually, they found their friends all talking to each other by a table which had a bunch of drinks on it. They couple made their way over there and interrupted the conversation.

            “Sorry to ruin your conversation, but Hoon and I are going to make it to dance floor now and I would suggest all of you get there now in order to avoid me showing off.” Soohyun joked.

            “You do remember that Kiseop is actually the dancer right?” Eli joked.

            “That may be true, but you forget that I also dance and sing for a living. So let’s all get our butts over there now so that we can have a good time,” Soohyun explained excitedly.

            The three couples all started to make their way over to the dance floor and that is when the party really started. They all started to show off their moves whether they were good or not. They all started to get together too forma dance circle. They really enjoyed each other’s company. Overall, it was the most fun that most of them had in a long time.

            It felt as if all of them were growing closer together when they were on the dance floor. All of their hardships disappeared. There were no hard feelings about anything that had happened in the past. They were just dancing and jumping to the beat of the music. That was all that was happening in the moment and they planned to just live in that moment together.

            Until, a slow song came on. It was “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” by Meghan Trainor. They couples broke off and started to dance with each other. Each couple forgot about anyone else being there in the moment. They were just focusing on their significant other. Soohyun danced close to Hoon and put his forehead up to Hoon’s and looked him deep in the eyes. Kiseop placed his head on AJ’s shoulder as they started to slow dance. Kevin and Eli had a respectable distance between each other, but they still had loving looks for each other.

            The people at the party all looked at the three couples and felt the love that they all felf for each other. They were in awe. Some of the other couples at the party started to join in on the dnce floor. Soon it was filled with people of all ages and status’ of their relationship. It was probably the most romantic part of the entire night.

            Once the song ended, the three couples came together again and managed to get hold of a waitor with six champagne. “Well boys, I just want to make a toast.” Soohyun said while handing out the glasses. “I toast to all of us. The love that we all share for each other, and the lives that we will continue to live.”

            “I toast to understanding and patience in this walk that we all have together.” AJ added.

            “I toast to forgiveness and growing with each other no matter how hard things may get.” Eli added as well.

            “To us.” Hoon finished.

            “To us.” Everyone else replied and then put their glasses together.

            From that point on, they all secretly toasted to loving each other unconditionally no matter what struggles they were to face. They would always remain friends and stick together until the very end. It was love that carried them though the hard parts and it was love that was going to lead them to eternal happiness.

 

The End