Things Change For a Reason

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            Aj was sitting in the bar that Kibum worked at and had a glass of beer sitting in front of him. He was just so depressed that drinking didn’t even appeal to him. Kibum seemed to be one of the few people that Aj could still talk to. It had seemed that most of his other friends were a bit busy so Kibum was the only one he could really talk to anyway.

            Kibum walked over to Aj and looked at him from his side of the bartending table. “How are you doing Aj?” He asked.

            Aj sighed and took a very small sip of his drink. “I really could be better. Have you heard from Kiseop lately?” He asked.

            There was a sigh followed by Kibum shaking his head. “Not too recently. I mean I talked to him on the phone for a few minutes the other day. He sounded a bit upset about something but he refused to tell me about it.” He replied.

            “Do you think he’s okay?” Aj asked with concern.

            “I’m sure he’s fine. He’s tough as you know.” Kibum replied. Just as he said that Kiseop came walking through the door. “Well speak of the devil.”

            Aj looked back and saw Kiseop at the door. Kiseop was looking around for a little while until they made eye contact. There was a bit of a glare in Kiseop’s eyes and then he started to walk over to Aj.

            The greeting that Aj got was not one that he would actually see coming. Kibum didn’t even see it coming. Kiseop walked right up to Aj and punched him in the left cheek. Aj fell off his chair and onto the ground while holding his cheek.

            “It’s your entire fault! Why is it that you keep on hurting me whenever you do something? First you leave and force me to have to move on and now you come back and you try to get back with me. It’s your fault that you make me crazy! It’s your fault that he left me.” Kiseop was yelling.

            Aj was just in so much shock. He didn’t know what to think about the whole thing. Kibum on the other hand heard the whole thing. “Wait, are you saying that Kevin left you?”

            Kiseop turned to look at Kibum. “Yeah he did. And it’s all because of Aj. I hope your happy Aj. I hope that you are happy that you seemed to cause me more pain.” He said and then started to storm out of the bar.

            Kibum watched Kiseop leave and then helped Aj up. “He seems pretty pissed off Aj. I think that you should talk to him and clear things up.” He said.

            Aj rubbed his cheek which was now red. “I think I should. But do you think that he’ll actually want to talk to me?” He asked.

            “It’s worth a try.” Kibum replied.

            “Okay.” Aj said and then started to walk off. He exited the bar and looked down the street. Kiseop had gotten pretty far but Aj recognized the clothing and the shape of his body. After watching him a little Aj started to run after Kiseop.

            While he was walking Kiseop turned around to see Aj running after him. The closer Aj got the more emotional Kiseop was getting. When Aj got to hearing distance Kiseop kept walking as fast as he could.

            “Stay away from me Aj.” Kiseop said.

            “We need to talk Kiseop.” Aj replied.

            “I don’t want to talk to you. If all you seem to do is hurt me than I think it’s just best if we stay away from each other.” Kiseop said.

            “That is not happening Kiseop. We really need to talk.” Aj said aggressively.

            “I’m not going to talk to you.” Kiseop said and started to run away.

            Aj rolled his eyes and started to run after Kiseop. Even though Kiseop was ahead the distance stayed the same between the two boys. Just as Kiseop did with Kevin he did with Aj. Just to spend more time together they exercised together. Aj would always keep up with Kiseop. He would get tired quicker but he always ran with him no matter what. Even after he left he managed to stay in shape.

            They were running for a good ten minutes now. “Kiseop it’s no use. I used to run with you remember. I know that you are starting to get tired.” Aj yelled.

            Kiseop started to cry and slow down. When he stopped he fell to his knees and started to cry hard. He was crying so hard that he was even having a hard time breathing. Aj finally caught up to him. He was breathing heavily but he caught his breath and stood in front of Kiseop. He bent down to look him in the eye.

            Kiseop took in a staggered breath. “Why do you always have to hurt me? Why do I still have to be so in love with you that it affects everyone around me?” He asked.

            When Aj heard those words his heart skipped a beat. In a way he was happy to hear that Kiseop still loved him. But at the same time he felt horrible that he caused him so much pain. “I’m sorry Kiseop. I am sorry about leaving you and I’m sorry that Kevin left you because of me. If I could take everything back so that I never would have left then I would.” He said.

            The tears just kept falling down Kiseop’s cheeks. “There isn’t anything you can do to change the past. It is what it is and for me it’s just a bunch of hurt.” He said.

            “Kiseop, if there is anything I can do to make up for how much I’ve hurt you please let me know.” Aj said.

            “Just shut up and hold me.” Kiseop said.

            Aj smiled and pulled Kiseop closer to him. They both sat down on the ground and held each other. They stayed like that for a few minutes. They couldn’t let each other go at that moment. It had felt like they just got each other back.

            Kiseop pulled away first and looked at Aj right in the eyes. He put his hand up to his cheek and looked at him deep in the eyes. Kiseop put his hand on Aj’s cheek and started to lean into him.

            Their lips were centimeters away from each other. They could feel each other’s breath on their lips. They were so close that Aj just couldn’t stand it anymore. He clashed their lips together and started to kiss each other passionately. It was clear that they were both still madly in love with each other.

            When their lips parted they looked straight into each other’s eyes again. “Come back home with me.” Kiseop whispered to Aj.

            “Are you sure that you’re ready for it?” Aj asked teasingly.

            “I guess we’ll find out.” Kiseop replied with a smile.

            Aj smiled and then the two boys got off of the ground and started to walk to Kiseop’s apartment.

            When they arrived at Kiseop’s apartment there was a certain gloom about the room. It was obvious that Kiseop had been sulking for a few days. But Aj tried to forget about that and move on.

            “I see you didn’t change much about this place.” Aj said.

            “I never really had the time. There are a few things different but not much.” Kiseop replied.

            It was quiet between the two for a minute. Aj wasn’t about to let the awkwardness of the two get in the way of making things right with Kiseop. He then remembered the tie that he gave Kiseop at the airport. He wondered if he still had it. “So, did you ever learn how to tie a tie properly?”

            Kiseop stopped in his tracks. “No, I never really took the time to do that either.” He replied.

            Aj sighed and walked over to Kiseop. He cupped his face in his hands and looked him straight in the eyes. “What have you been doing this whole time I’ve been gone besides hanging out with Kevin?”

            “I’ve been thinking of you.” Kiseop replied.

            A smiled formed on Aj’s face and he started to kiss Kiseop passionately again. Kiseop started to kiss back and wrap his arms around Aj. Things started to progress from there. As he had done before Aj lifted Kiseop up and took him into the bedroom.

            Aj threw Kiseop on the bed and fell on top of him. They started to kiss again and they both started to strip each other of their clothes. It felt like forever since Aj had touched Kiseop the way he did. The way their bodies were so close and the way he and Kiseop would become one together. The spark between them though never died.

 

<3<3<3

 

            The morning after the break up, Kevin woke up around ten in the morning. That was the latest that he had ever woken. When he looked at the clock his eyes went wide. He looked around and noticed the different scenery and sighed. He remembered that he went home with Eli.

            Kevin got out of the bed and looked around. The room was just as he remembered it. Nothing about it had been changed. The bed even smelled the same as it did before. He walked towards the door and opened it.

            Eli was in the kitchen doing something. Kevin sighed at the sight of Eli. After avoiding him this whole time and being angry with him he didn’t know what to do. But he figured that he should be grateful for letting him stay the night and taking him in.

            Kevin stepped out of his room and closer to the kitchen. Eli noticed him and smiled. “Hey good morning. I hope you slept well.” He said.

            “I did. Thank you for taking me in last night. I know that it must have been a bit inconvenient for you.” Kevin replied while sitting on the chair by the counter where Eli was.

            Eli laughed. “It really wasn’t. I was happy to help you out.” He said.

            “Well weren’t you having a date with Dongho or something like that?” Kevin asked. He didn’t mean it but it came out in a bit of an irritated tone.

            There was a look on Eli’s face that looked like he picked up on Kevin’s tone. “Kevin, Dongho and I are not together. We are actually just acquaintances now. There is nothing going on between us at all.” He explained.

            There was doubt on Kevin’s face. “If you say so.” Was all he said.

            Eli just shook it off and looked at the food he was preparing. “Are you hungry? I made you breakfast.” He said.

            Kevin swallowed and then let out another sigh. “You know Eli, I know that you are trying to make up for what happened in the past but this is not the way to do it. You basically lost whatever trust I had in you. I know you are a good person but you are also a horrible boyfriend.”

            There was a nerve hit by what Kevin said. But Eli knew it was true in a way. He was a horrible boyfriend and he knew it. “Well I have to agree with you there. However, after you left me I haven’t been with anyone. I just couldn’t handle you being away.” He admitted.

            Kevin looked Eli straight in the eye. He was telling the truth. That was the one way that Kevin always knew that Eli was telling the truth. “Well I’m surprised that you didn’t get together with anyone I have to say. You have always been known as a player. I just don’t know why I tolerated it for so long.”

            “I was only known as a player because I couldn’t control my tone to well. So when I was finished talking to you and flirting with you I couldn’t turn it off so everyone I talked to made it sound like I was flirting with them when I really wasn’t trying to.” Eli explained.

            That was actually something Kevin didn’t know about. He just thought that Eli would flirt with everyone he could. “Oh, well I know that now.” He said.

            Eli laughed. “Yeah. Oh Alexander called your cell last night but you were sound asleep so I answered it for you. Let’s just say that he was not excited to hear that it was me on the phone.” He said.

            Kevin smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. “That makes sense since he actually hates your guts. When you cheated on me the first time he hated you and this last time he was just about ready to kill you.” He explained.

            “That’s good to know. I’ll be sure to tell my parents that if I’m ever found dead that it was Alexander. You know I went to the store he worked at once and he looked like he was just about ready to kill me there.” Eli explained.

            “I’m pretty sure he would have too. Anyway what is for breakfast?” Kevin asked.

            “It’s eggs, rice, and some ham. I hope that’s okay with you.” Eli said.

            “Eli, you have known me for four years and you’re asking me if that is okay? You know that I basically eat anything.” Kevin replied.

            “You never know what could happen. You could have become a vegetarian while we were apart.” Eli said.

            “No way. I like my meat. The only thing that really changed was the fact that Kiseop liked to go running and I would go with him. But besides that nothing really changed about me.” Kevin said.

            Eli thought for a little bit and then looked at Kevin. “I thought you hated running. Whenever I would ask you to come jogging with me you would always say no. What made you want to go running with him?” He asked.

            “With Kiseop running with him was not an option. He would just keep asking you to come until you finally gave in. In a way I’m glad I went with him but at the same time I really didn’t enjoy running.” Kevin joked a bit.

            Eli laughed a bit again and set the plate down in front of Kevin. “There you go. If you want more just let me know. I can make more.” He said.

            “Thank you.” Kevin said and took a bite.

            Kevin took a few more bites and looked pleased with the meal. Eli smiled and then left the kitchen. He went into the bedroom to go change. Kevin noticed his phone on the counter and grabbed it. There was another missed call from Alexander. Kevin dialed the number and waited for Alexander to pick up.

            “Kevin! Finally you call me back! Are you okay?” Alexander asked as he picked up his phone and answered.

            “Yes Xander I’m fine. I’m eating breakfast right now.” Kevin replied.

            “Do not tell me that you are still with Eli.” Alexander said.

            Kevin sighed. “I could tell you that but I would be lying. I just woke up not too long ago and he was kind enough to make me breakfast.”

            “Boy, you need to get your out of there before I go over there and get you out of there myself.” Alexander said.

            “Whoa Xander calm down. Nothing is happening and nothing happened at all. Eli just helped me out last night.” Kevin explained.

            “Why did something happen?” Alexander asked.

            Kevin bit on his cheek and then took in a deep breath. “Kiseop and I broke up.” He answered.

            There was a gasp from Alexander. “Oh honey I am so sorry. You two looked so good together. But I’m still trying to figure out how Eli comes to this story.”

            “I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s not important.” Kevin replied.

            “I guess you’re right. Hey this just dawned upon me. Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” Alexander asked.

            Kevin had totally forgotten about work. He hit his head on the table and just sat there for a minute. “I totally forgot about work. My boss is going to kill me. I am just going to get murdered when I go into work.”

            “Well then I should probably let you go so that you can get ready. Let me know if I need to kick Eli’s later. I’ll be very happy to do it.” Alexander said.

            Kevin laughed. “Good to know. See you later.” He said and then hung up. He then groaned and hit his head on the table again.

            Eli came back in the room while buttoning up his shirt along with an untied tie around his neck. “Hey is everything okay?” He asked.

            “I totally forgot that I have work today. My boss is going to kill me.” Kevin said with his head still on the table.

            “I wouldn’t worry about that. I already called your boss.” Eli explained while trying to tie his tie.

            Kevin lifted his head and looked at Eli. “You did?” He asked.

            “Yup. I told him that you were feeling sick and couldn’t come into work. He wasn’t pleased but he understood.” Eli explained while still having trouble with his tie.

            “Oh thanks.” Kevin said. He then looked at Eli and saw that he was having trouble with the tie. “Here let me help you.”

            Kevin got off his seat and walked over to Eli and started to fix his tie. “So what are your plans for today now?” Eli asked.

            Kevin sighed. “I have no idea. Maybe I can go and move back in with my parents.” He said.

            Eli shook his head. “You know, all your stuff is already here. You might as well just stay here. We can arrange a guest room.” He said.

            Kevin thought about it and bit his lip. He was really thinking about it. “I don’t know. Is that really a smart idea?”

            “Why not? It’s a guest room. Plus we can say that we’re still friends right? I’m helping out a friend.” Eli replied.

            Kevin thought about it and nodded. “I guess that can work. But let me at least pay you rent.” He said.

            Eli nodded. “Fine. So I guess we’re roommates.” He said.

            Kevin finished tying the tie and took in a deep breath. “I guess so.” He said.

            “Well I have to go. I’ll see you later.” Eli said and grabbed his things and started to head out the door. He stopped in the doorway and looked at Kevin. “It’s nice to have you back.”

            Kevin only nodded and Eli then closed the door. Kevin bit his lip and looked around. The biggest concern he had at the moment was about what Alexander was going to think. He just might kill him for this.

 

A/N: So guys I know it's been over a month and I'm so sorry. But at least I'm back for now. I'll try and update more often but with my other fanfiction and work I don't know if that'll be a reality. So what do you think about this chapter? I liked the 2seop. No one can truly say that that is wrong because in a way they never really fought or technically broke up. Elvin on the other hand may not get back together. Who knows? I may or may not write it. We'll see. Anyway I love you all and thanks to my subscribers and readers. Please leave comments because I love reading them.