Chapter 1

Let Me Fix You

 

"So, this mission is going to be your more important and challenging that you've had so far. Do you think you'll be able to handle it?" the boss said, leaning his chin on his hands, his sunglasses shining from the overhead light. He always wore those, you'd never seen his face before. No matter how much you respected him, don't you think its damn courtesy to let his own people see his face? It's not like we're gonna leak his details to anyone for God's sake, we're his men! We'd die for him, and he treats us like this-
 
"LUCY! Are you listening to me?" he barked, the guards behind him giving you the eye and you snapped out from your thoughts to reality, jumping in your seat a little. Aish...he may be your boss but he should learn some manners...or is it you that should learn them? Whatever.
 
"Yup, loud and clear." you saluted him; the bodyguards behind him getting even more antsy at your behaviour but you couldn't care less. The boss knew you were the best at your game, and you knew that too. Because of this, he let you off with your informal way of talking, even though that kind of speech could get lower grunts beat up. You always smiled smugly to yourself at this thought; you were special. 
 
"So what's up? Li Qin busted his leg again? I told him to freaking rest that thing-" you sighed and rolled your eyes, but the boss shook his head.
 
"No, much more important than that. My son has fallen ill; Huang Zitao, you know of him, don't you?" he questioned, and you racked through your brain to try and remember his face. You didn't really see his family that often so you were having a hard time...You shook your head awkwardly, but the boss showed one of his rare smiles. 
 
"Don't worry, you'll meet him when I send you to him. But I want you to care for him. You're the best doctor I could find, Lucy. In all of the world, please put your skills to good use and nurse my son to health. I don't know what I'd do if he got worse..." his voice got quiet, almost cracking slightly. Wow, he must be pretty bad...you started to feel sorry for him, you reached over and rubbed his hand comfortingly. Another thing that normal people would get beaten up for.
 
"Don't worry boss, I've got this. Your son will be better in no time, alright? Trust me." you grinned cheerily, giving him a thumbs up. He smiled again and nodded.
 
"You may leave now." he uttered, so you picked up your bag, threw it over your shoulder and waved to him and the bodyguards even though you know they would just stare at you; stony faced. You had always been tempted to walk up to them and like, jump on their back; just to see how they'd react. 
 
"Lucy! Remember. If you mess this up, it will cost you. Report everything back to me. Chan Lie will you to my personal home." he added, a serious expression. You instantly tensed up; Cost you? What, he means he'll kill you? Seems likely. You wondered what his son had, anyway...the way he was acting made it sound really serious...maybe he has TB? Damn...Still! You have to do your best.
 
You strolled through the hallways, bowing to the odd person who crossed your path. You always loved seeing their interested eyes as they looked at your face; since you weren't Chinese they found you different and special. You collected supplies before meeting up with Chan Lie; or more like spotted him clearly because he's a freaking giant. You almost literally had to crane your neck up the full way to see him. Okay, exaggeration, but he's damn tall. He has caramel brown curly hair and a baby face. He was a cutie, to be frank.
 
"Ahh, Lucy!! Hey, gotten the orders?" he greeted you happily, an excited smile spread across his face. It's weird, such a deep voice but a happy demeanour. It was nice seeing someone with actual emotions in this place, though. You nodded, tapping your foot on the floor impatiently. "Alright, lemme take you there, then." he smiled amiably, turning on his foot to walk down the hallway. Only the sound of your footsteps was audible, other than that it was deathly quiet, as usual. This place would be a lot more lively with some catchy tunes playing, just saying. You walked at your same, casual pace; but Chan Lie seemed to be going at 924892385 mph; seriously is that dust coming out from his tracks? 
 
"Chan Lie....wait, you damn giraffe...I may have long legs but they're stumps compared to you. Slow down." you complained, not wanting to speed up. He chuckled, stopping altogether. You made your way to him just in time to see him turn around and pick you up over your shoulders; you almost screamed. Seriously, HE IS A BUILDING. You were starting to feel afraid of heights...You knew better than to start thrashing around inside the base so you waited until you were outside and safely away from the place before picking up a storm, throwing your arms and legs around the place as you yelled abuse at him. This only made him laugh harder, patting your back and hoisting you up on his shoulder more securely. 
 
"Chan Lieee, I have legs. I can walk." you sighed, finally giving up your struggle. 
 
"Yeah, but you're slow~" he teased, and you had to stop yourself biting him. You bit your lip instead for the rest of the time until he reached the car; he finally placed you upon your feet and you gracefully opened the car door, letting yourself in. He climbed into the driver's side and started the God know's how long journey to the boss's home. You were excited; you'd never been in the boss's house before. And you also wanted to see what kind of horrible disease Huang Zi Tao had, it sounded like a fun challenge. Is that the wrong kind of mind-set? Oh well.
 
 

Hope you liked the 1st chapter! ^^ Please comment below to let me know your thoughts! And if you like it, please subscribe and upvote :)