Meet the Parents.

Holding On To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun’s eyes fluttered open. “Oppa, you’re here again?” Changmin had visited her for the past two days, taking care of her. He smiled and helped her to sit up. He took the bowl of porridge and stirred it. “Oppa, it’s okay. I can feed myself now,” she said, taking the bowl from her. Changmin insisted on holding the bowl for her, but she refused to let the prince’s hand get burnt so they settled on her getting out of the bed and to the dining room table.

 

“I want to tell His Majesty,” she blurted out during the breakfast. Changmin put down his spoon and looked at her. She was looking at her porridge but Changmin could sense her determination. She had been begging him to let her talk to them for the past two days. “I don’t want to deceive them. They have the right to know and they ought to know. We are not supposed to deceive them. I’m going, oppa, whether you like it or not.”

 

Changmin sighed. “Are you sure? Once you tell them, you can’t get back with hyung.”

 

“Oppa, I told you. It’s over,” she said before dropping her head. “I don’t think I can return to that again.”

 

Changmin looked at her with sympathy and took her hand. “Arasso. We’ll go after you get better.”

 

After a few days, Joohyun’s cold left and Changmin accompanied her to the King’s quarters. The royal couple was glad to see Joohyun after hearing that she had fainted. Changmin sat on his chair as Joohyun got on her knees. The queen told Joohyun to get up, but the lady refused to.

 

“Mama, please forgive me for what I am about to say,” she said bravely.

 

“What is it? You can talk after getting up. You just recovered, my dear,” the queen said with concern.

 

“Mama…” Joohyun braced her heart and her mind. “Please nullify my engagement to the crown prince.”

 

The royal couple was speechless. Changmin sat there with his jaw clenched at the ridiculousness of her request. But his eyes softened with pain for her.

 

“Why” was all the king said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter