Law #12 - Keep an Eye Out.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13; Law #12 - Keep an Eye Out.

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

"...And then I found Lay - or he found me, actually," Sooyeon patted the boy's head awkwardly as the latter smiled.

After their somewhat epic-escape-from-the-castle adventure, Lay had taken them to rest for a few minutes at a peaceful cove. There was a little lake in it, reflecting the moonlight which casted a beautiful white hue on the dark walls. It was an ethereal sight.

"Thank goodness we're finally reunited, huh?" Daehyun smiled, a smile that could dazzle even the Queen. Sooyeon remained unaffected - or feigned it. Either way, she continued speaking, telling Daehyun about the Queen's plans for revenge and what they had to do.

Their task seemed so much more difficult now than before. At first, they only thought they had to make improvements to their behaviour, then they could go home. But now, it was a whole different story.

In addition to their previous task, they had to aid the fairy tale characters and make the land 'right' once again.

It seemed almost impossible, not to mention ridiculous - but the duo have been in there for, what, 3 weeks?

Everything is possible in this dimension.

Sooyeon, who was deep in thought, looked up after a while after sensing someone boring holes into her head. She looked up, meeting the gaze of the previously-insufferable-but-now-somewhat-tolerable Jung Daehyun.

She blinked. 

He blinked, finding pleasure in imitating her.

This carried on for quite a while.

Well this was pretty awkward for Lay.

"HEYY CHILDREN!"

A (somewhat forced) happy voice chirped, breaking the two partners' staring contest. Sooyeon jolted upwards and accidentally knocked her head against the low ceiling, and she cursed under her breath.

"Holy , Key," she growled, enunciating each word clearly, a threat obviously lying underneath her words.

The former guardian smiled at them, which effectively unnerved Daehyun to no end.

He had a lot of explaining to do.

 

----

 

SOOYEON'S POV

 

"HEYY CHILDREN!"

Holy sweet mother of chicken, that scared me less. In my shock, I bumped my head onto the low-lying ceiling, and I cursed.

Curse you, Key. May you be cursed by all the goddamn Evil on this goddamn planet.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I roared - yes, I roared. Screw that law that said I had to be ladylike.

I was goddamn livid.

To my annoyance, her yawned. That piece of -

Now, now, Sooyeon. Character, remember? Control your temper.

Right, right. I had to control my temper. In my mind, I chanted, 'Be calm. Be calm. Be cool.'

As I chanted, I imagined myself abusing the adorable little guardian angel in my mind.

Which was pretty damn effective, because after that I was in a better mood already.

"Well, I'm here to show you your statistics." he said, notably ignoring my question. He cleared his throat. Unwrapping the scroll, he read out a couple of lengthy, trivial lines, until he announced our progress.

"Well you've completed Cinderella, half of Sleeping Beauty, and a quarter of Rapunzel,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter