Confused

I'm waiting for you

Chapter Three;

Confused

 

Chapter's Song

♥>> Luhan tossed and turned the whole night with sweat beating down his forehead. He hated going to sleep because that's when you're most vulnarable and the nightmares will seize the chance to get to him. Luhan had the same one every single night. He tried so badly to snap his open but they just won't let him. It was torturing him. Even though he was in a dorm with other people, they didn't bothered to wake him up. They didn't care. But luckily for Luhan, his alarm went off. That was the only thing that could wake him up. At the sound of the ringing, Luhan's eyes immediately snapped open.

Luhan was panting heavily, with sweat still on his forehead. He was so thankful that that was over. It took a while to calm himself down. After that, he begin his daily morning routine, wash up, get dressed and go to school. He'd pick his boring lifestyle over sleeping anyday. The only thing Luhan was looking forward to was seeing Sooyoung. He doesn't even know why. Maybe it was to see Sooyoung attempt to be his friend and then fail. He smiled at that thought. She was so cute.

Luhan frowned and banished the thought from his head. She wasn't even his friend. She was just his acquaintance and nothing more. Luhan nodded, satisfied with his answer and went out the door. He was coming down the steps when he noticed a girl seated on a sofa at the waiting area. He was annoyed when he saw who that was. But he was a little happy too. Luhan shoved his hands in his pockets and walked towards her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you, Lulu."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "It's Luhan, okay. Not 'Lulu' or 'Lala' and definately not 'Lucy'."

Sooyoung laughed. "I know, I know. I'm just teasing stop being so serious." Sooyoung stood up and walked to the exit. "Well, what're you waiting for? Let's go!" she linked her arm with Luhan's.

He instantly blushed. He couldn't say he liked it. But he also couldn't say that he didn't. "Sooyoung, what are you doing?"

"Hm? Oh! This?" she pointed to their linked arms. He nodded. "This is what fr-- I mean acquaintances do." Luhan huffed in response. "Hey, we still have time before class starts."

"So?"

"So, as to achieve my goal into becoming your friend, we're spending that time together. What do you say?"

"No."

"Oh, c'mon."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"I'll buy you lunch?"

Luhan thought about it for a while. "Deal."

"You're so easy, Luhan."

"Is that so? Well then, I change my mind."

"Uh-ah. No takesies backsies."

"You're annoying, Sooyoung."

"And you're adorable, Luhan."

Luhan felt his cheeks turning red again. "Uh... Thanks."

"You're welcome! Now, c'mon." With her arm still linked with Luhan's, Sooyoung sped out the exit of the boy's dorm.

"Where are we going?" 

"You'll see."

 

"Why are we at the rooftop?"

"Because it's a breezy morning and you can feel the breeze best on the rooftop." Sooyoung dragged Luhan closer to the edge.

"Wow, wow, wow, slow down. We might fall."

"No we won't the handles are pretty secure. I can guarantee that we won't fall."

"Yeah, but still... Better safe than sorry."

Luhan unlinked their arms and stepped slightly away from the edge. He grabbed Sooyoung's arm and pulled her away too.  She pulled her arm away from his hand and stepped back closer.

"Seriously, Sooyoung. Do you want to die?"

Sooyoung smiled. "Of course not, Luhan. If I died, I would go to heaven with an unfinished task."

"Not that I'm curious or anything, but what is that unfinished task of yours?"

"Making you my friend."

"Is that so important to you?"

"Of course. And I also want to see you smile often."

"Why?"

"You look nice when you smile."

Luhan turned red for the third time today. Why must Sooyoung say such nice things to me? And why did I like them? He asked himself. "S-stop teasing me..."

"I'm not! I really mean it. When I see you happy, I'm happy too."

"Why?"

"Because you're always carrying that devestated look on yout face. And it's really rare to see you happy. I know there's something bad troubleling you and that's why you don't smile often."

"How did you know?"

"Because, Luhan, a good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have. You don't smile often, I'm pretty sure you don't dream big, no doubt that you don't laugh a lot and it doesn't seem like you realize how blessed you are for what you have."

"Wow, Sooyoung... You seem to know so much about me. I don't suppose you've been stalking me, right?" Luhan joked. Sooyoung's face turned into a deep shade of crimson which made Luhan laugh like a hyena. "Look at you! You look like a tomato!" He toned down his laughter when Sooyoung shot him a glare. "Relax, apple-face. I was joking."

Sooyoung playfully punched his shoulder. "You're a jerk, you know that?" 

"I do. But you love me anyway."

Sooyoung was stunned. "W-what? Who says I love you?" she denied.

"Acquaintance love, idiot." 

"Is there really such thing as an 'acquaintance love'?"

"Yeah, there is. It's almost as close as being friends."

An excited Sooyoung exclaimed, "So we're friends?!"

"Wow, slow down there, Jenny-Jump-To-Conclusions. We aren't friends yet. We're just at beyond the level of acquinatances but still lower than the level of friends."

"So... Friendquaintance?"

"Exactly."

"Gosh, Luhan... You're so... Mean."

"Yeah, and you're annoying. Now that we've covered the obvious, let's move on." Sooyoung pouted and stuck her toungue out at him. Luhan smiled at her cuteness. "So tell me a little about yourself, Sooyoung."

"Well, want do you want to know?"

"Like, from your friends to that special someone in your heart."

She was surprised that Luhan would ask such questions. But she went ahead and told him anyway, of course leaving one tiny part out.

"Well, I pretty much befriended everyone in the class on my first day. Except this little mean person who just wants to be my 'friendquiantance.'" Sooyoung used air quotes when she said 'friendquiantance'. "As for my love life, I am not in a relationship. I was never in one before."

Luhan nodded, understanding. "Okay, so what if, you fell in love. Like, fell really hard. And then the person you fell in love with, went away to somewhere but promised to come back. But after, say, six years of waiting, the person never did come back. How would you feel and what would you do?"

"That's a really odd question."

"Please answer it."

"Well, there's no doubt that I would be really sad and it would take a long time for me to cover it. But still, I will move on."

"You will? So that means you've given up. You no longer trust that he's going to keep his word."

"Ya." Sooyoung said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. Just as Luhan was about to continue asking her more questions, the bell rang. "Oh, gosh! We'd better get to class or we're going to be late!" she grabbed Luhan's hand and rushed to their first period.

The more Luhan thought about Sooyoung's words the more he seem confused about the situtation he has been in for six years. <<


{  } Nevexa's corner

Hai! Hai! I hope most of you are enjoying this story so far!

I can't wait to post the next chapter! After I'm done with it, of course. :)

Luhan is starting to open up to Sooyoung alreayd! That is why I'm excited.

The song doesn't really fit in with this chaoter. I couldn't find one that does lol.

Oh! By the way, don't forget to vote for your favourite Korean idols on Mnet for the Mama 2012!

Thanks for supporting! :)