awkwarrrrrrd.....

Not So Bad Girl 2

“peniel…wake up!” I hissed kicking his leg. He moaned in annoyance and rolled over pulling the blanket over his head. “peniel! You cant sleep anymore! Youll miss the bus back!” I hissed smacking his arm.

“ahhh fine im up…is this how our relationship is going to be?” he mumbled sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I caught my breath at his words. Last night he had asked me out…and last night I had excepted. I never thought of him in that way but what he had been saying was true…I did like being around him and I loved him like a friend maybe that could turn into love of another type I did like him that was for sure…I had always thought he was attractive but dating never crossed my mind. I wasn’t completely put off by it though. Peniel got up and moved to go around me. he stopped right in front of me so close I could feel his breath on my face. He chuckled as he stared at me. “im ok with it.” I looked at him confused. “our relationship being like that…atleast it will still be a relationship with you.” I couldn’t believe he could say something like that to me so easily. He smiled again and moved past me disappearing into the bathroom. I stayed where I was not being able to move. It was so strange peniel talking to me like that. “you ready to go?” he asked coming back from the bathroom. He had his jacket on and his scarf around his neck.

“go?” he smiled.

“well you are on break from shooting, and we are officially dating now…I want you to come back with me to tell everyone… you can come back on the bus in the morning.” He said smiling. Before I could deny him he intertwined our fingers and pulled me after him only stopping long enough for us to put on our shoes. I studied out hands intertwined like they were as we walked. His hands where only a little bigger than mine and our fingers seemed to not fit easily together.  It wasn’t uncomfortable per say but it didn’t feel… like they fit. I shrugged that off and focused on what his hand felt like against mine. it was warm and soft…comforting. I felt safe with my hand in his. like a brother leading his sister down the road…should I feel like that? Like he was my family? I ignored the feeling and continued walking. It didn’t matter I was dating him now and I had never dated before. I didn’t know what it was supposed to feel like, and I thought maybe it would change…something would shift once we were more comfortable with the aspect of dating and it would feel like I saw in movies. We boarded the bus and sat in the back of it beside each other peniel not releasing my hand once. He held it the whole way back. I was nervous as we walked down the street towards his apartment that he still shared with the others. I wasn’t sure how they would take this.

“Don’t be nervous…” he said giving my hand a squeeze.

“but…everyone knows…about how I used to have feelings for Ilhoon…what are they going to think about me suddenly dating you like this…I don’t want them to..”

“Don’t worry…they won’t think anything of it. They love you and they will be happy.” He said not letting me dwell on it anymore. Thoughts of ilhoon flashed through my mind…we had just become friends again. Is this going to make things bad again. Sighing I just let Peniel lead me. we walked up the stairs to their floor because I wanted more time to calm myself before we got there. Finally reaching their floor peniel kissed my knuckles making me flush slightly. “ready?” I took a deep breath before nodding. Peniel smiled widely and pushed open the door.

“yah! Peniels back!” I heard sungjae right away. He came barreling around the corner and stopped mid stride when he saw me. a huge smile spreading across his face, then he looked down at our intertwined fingers the smile faltered and turned into something confused.

“why are you so loud about him coming-“ hyunsik stopped the same look forming on his face that sungjae had.

“uhhhhh hey guys.” I said nervously. They looked at me giving me a nervous smile.

“What’s with all the-“eunkwang came out and looked at hyunsik and sungjae confused. They were just were staring. “What are you guys look…..ing….at.” he said slowing his words as he took in me and peniel. My heart was speeding in my chest and I felt like I could barely breathe.

“Guys…we have news!” peniel cheered snapping them out of their trance. Minhyuk and changsub wandered out wondering what the commotion was about. They watched curiosity all over their face. “Me and hye mi-ah….are officially dating.” Changsub choked on the chips he had been shoveling into his mouth. Minhyuk stared at us opened mouth. There was a clatter as eunkwang dropped his bottle to the floor. It was dead silent in the apartment except for the clinking of the bottle. There was a cough as changsub tried to breath from his choking.

“What?” there was a soft shocked voice but it wasn’t from the people in front of us… I whipped around to see Ilhoon standing in the doorway. He looked completely shocked. I thought there was something else on his face…sadness…hurt? I couldn’t be sure because it was washed away almost immediately like it had never existed.

“Ilhoon.” Peniel said shock in his voice. His grip on my hand slackened. “I was-“Ilhoon just walked past us like nothing had transpired. He dropped bags in the kitchen and disappeared down the hall. I heard a door slam. I winced. Everyone looked between us and where Ilhoon had just disappeared.

“Alright…so I’m all good with this…” eunkwang said gesturing between us. “But peniel…we need to talk.”