Step 4 (Part 1)

How to confess your love to Jung Jinyoung

 

 
"What happened to the happy independent woman who doesn't need a boyfriend, huh?" is the first question that  my co-worker brought up when we enter the bar.
 
 
I glared at him. "I just want to check what he was doing here."
 
 
"I told you, he's working here." Gongchan motioned me to sit in  the stool in front of the counter where the bartender is busy serving the other customers.
 
 
"Err, I don't drink, stickman."
 
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes as he slumped down in his seat. "I'm not a heavy drinker you know, we will just get a light drink."
 
 
I hesitated for a moment but decided to take a seat beside him because I don't have a choice anyway.
 
 
"Hmm, what to order..." Gongchan murmured to himself while checking a piece of paper that seems to be a list of drinks and snacks.
 
 
"Um, maybe just get me a juice." I said.
 
 
He glanced at me and said, "Killjoy."
 
 
I ignored him and took the time looking around.
 
 
I noticed that this isn't the place that I have in mind.
 
 
I was thinking of a place with a dance floor with ocean of people dancing over a very loud music.
 
 
But this place is different.
 
 
Instead of a loud music, a soft jazz music is playing by a band in the small stage at the middle of the bar.
 
 
There are some tables too that are occupied by couple of people watching the band perform and casually talking and drinking. The lights are quite dim, but I'm not having a hard time seeing.
 
 
"Oi Gongchan." I called my friend as I continued observing the place.
 
 
"Hm?"
 
 
"Where's the dancefloor?"
 
 
"Why? You wanna dance?"
 
 
"No. I thought, that this would be a place that I usually see in dramas. You know, a dj on the corner, playing loud music and people swaying and getting drunk in a dance floor?"
 
 
I heard him chuckled a little. "That's supposedly a night club. This is only a drinking bar. Where drinks and some snacks are serve. Usually, there's no dance floor in a place like this."
 
 
"You know what? I find this place quite relaxing. Do you always come in a night club or in a bar, like this?"
 
 
"Uuhh, no. I said that I'm not a heavy drinker. I rarely drink to be honest so I have no reason to go clubbing often."
 
 
I nodded in understanding and 
when I looked back at him, I noticed that his thick eyebrows are pulled together so I can say that he still haven't decided what to order.
 
 
"You shouldn't having a hard time ordering a juice you know." I grabbed the paper from him and read it.
 
 
The list is composed of drinks that I'm not familiar with and the...
 
 
My face fell and I almost dropped the paper when I saw the prices... "Gongchan." I hissed at my friend. "We can't buy any of these. This is too expensive."
 
 
 
My stunned co-worker simply nodded. "I thought that the drinks here are cheaper." he looked at me blankly, "We should go, it's embarrassing to stay here without ordering something." 
 
 
 
"But how about Jinyoung?" I whispered frantically. "I haven't seen him---"
 
 
"Urg. Well, if you want US to stay here, go buy me a drink. Because I don't have money to burn you know."
 
 
"Are you serious?" I asked incredulously "A single glass of any of these cost worth one week of my salary!"
 
 
"But you're the one who dragged me here!" Gongchan exclaimed quite loudly, earning curious stares from people sitting in the counter.
 
 
"Shhh. Lower your voice, will you?" I hushed him. "Never thought that this is a high class bar." I continued uncomfortably. "Just ask a glass of water, it's free right? I want to stay here and wait for Jinyoung."
 
 
Gongchan scoffed, irritation was written on his face. "Are you looking for him because you want to confess again?"
 
 
I opened my mouth to deny his accusasion but closed it again because I know that it's true.
 
 
"I thought you made up your mind earlier that you're not going to confess anymore? What happened, huh?"
 
 
"Well pretend that I didn't say that stickman." I responded awkwardly.
 
 
"You changed your mind that easily? Impossible!" he shook his head and clicked his tongue in irritation. "Well if you want to stay here, just stay here all you want. I'm going now."
 
 
"Wait Gongchan---"
 
 
He was about to stand up when a new voice spoke.
 
 
"Hi, what should I get you?"
 
 
Gongchan and I both looked up to the owner of the voice and we were both surprised to see Jinyoung, smiling at us, holding an empty glass and wearing an uniform of what it seems that belongs to a bartender.
 
 
 
"Oh, Jinyoung!" Gongchan greeted him casually. "So you're working here, huh?"
 
 
Wow, I never thought that this stickman has a talent in acting. He really pulled a great act of pretending that he doesn't know that Jinyoung is working here.
 
 
I heard Jinyoung laughed a little, "Yeap yeap, I've been working here for a year now.. And oh." He smiled at me and waived a little like what he usually do. "hi there!"
 
 
I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I'm sure that he can still remember the dumb question I asked him about unicorns so I quickly looked down (because I don't have the guts to look at him directly)
 
 
"Hey, don't be rude. Can you say hi to Jinyoung?" my co-worker ordered and I want to poke his eyes for putting me again, in another awkward situation.
 
 
"Nah, it's okay." my awesome slash marvelous Jinyoung replied. "Maybe she just feel uncomfortable because I'm here."
 
 
That made me looked up at him. "Ah, n-no!" I shouted defensively. "I mean, uh  well--"
 
 
"Well." Gongchan cut in. "This is the first time she entered into a bar-- ow!" I kicked his shin below his seat before he could continue saying anything dumb.
 
 
 
Jinyoung looked back and forth at the two of us in confusion.
 
 
Thinking fast, I said "I-I mean, I-I think this i-is a nice place...i-it's nice to be here."
 
 
Actually, you're the main reason why we're here. I thought to myself.
 
 
"I was just kidding, but that's good to hear, then." he replied, a little smile twitched at one corner of his mouth.
 
 
I looked down again, so he wouldn't see my red face.
 
 
 
"Anyway, what are you guys doing here?" Jinyoung asked Gongchan as he placed the glass on the counter. "Meeting your friends? Or just want to have a drink?"
 
 
Gongchan smiled teasingly and pointed at me "She doesn't like alcoholic drinks."
 
 
 
I gave my stupid co-worker a glare. You don't need to say that, idiot.
 
 
"Oh" Jinyoung muttered. "It's okay. There are really some people that doesn't like to drink anything alcoholic." He gave me a quick glance. "Most of them are girls." 
 
 
"Well actually, um. Eherm." Gongchan cleared his throat, he massaged his shin for a minute before he got up from his seat. "Well, we were just passing by and saw this bar and decided to check this out." He wiggled his eyebrows at me, giving me a sign to get up too. I followed him and stood up. "We will leave now."
 
 
 
Jinyoung looked disappointed. "Aw, you don't want to hang out a little? I make awesome drinks, you don't want to try any of them?"
 
 
Actually we can't afford to buy anything here. Gah, I wish I could tell him this.
 
 
 
"Uhh," Gongchan scratched his neck awkwardly, "uh, we will! Maybe next time? And besides," he paused, shooting a look to the customers in the counter who are busy drinking and chatting. "We don't want to disturb you while working, so uhh.."
 
 
 
"No. You guys don't disturb me at all. We don't have many customers tonight, so it's okay to chat with you a little." The red headed bartender leaned on the counter and pulled my co-worker's arm. He then smiled at him shyly and said. "Stay here just for a little while, please? Drinks are on me."
 
 
 
I don't know why but I can't help myself to gulp down nervously. Why do I feel this way? I mean, I should be happy because we could talk to him a little longer but I think that there's something...unusual. I just don't know how to explain it but it was quite uncomfortable.
 
 
 
Soon enough, I found myself sitting beside Gongchan and was quietly sipping on my lemonade while the handsome bartender in front of me was enthusiastically chatting with my friend.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
 
"Ah, that was such a nice drink." Gongchan  sighed happily as we walked towards the bus stop.
 
 
After two hours, twenty five minutes and thirty one seconds of watching the two boys talk, we both decided to go home because it's getting late.
 
"It's really a nice drink because it's---" my co-worker interrupted me with a laugh.
 
 
"hahahaha. Is it because it's free--?" he didn't finish his words because he started  to wobble around, almost falling on the ground.
 
 
I quickly grabbed him by the arm, helping him to stand straight. "Oh god. Are you drunk?"
 
 
He tried to stand straighter but he failed so I put his arm around my shoulder and supported his weight as we walked. Geez, he's really skinny but I never thought he would be this heavy. "I suddenly felt dizzy." he sniffed.
 
 
Geez, we need to find somewhere where he can rest a bit. "What exactly did you drink stickman?"
 
 
"He gave me a tequila sunrise.." he replied weakly "t-two glasses."
 
 
My eyebrows knitted together. That must be a strong drink that it made my friend completely drunk.
 
 
My shoulder started to feel heavy and I think that it would give in anytime so we stopped in front of the nearest building and let him sit in the stairs.
 
 
"Geez." Is all I could say as I started to huff. "S-stay here for a while, okay? I'll go buy you coffee."
 
 
---
 
 
 
"So how are you feeling now?" I asked Gongchan after a couple of minutes.
 
 
He sipped on his coffee and let out a sigh. "Better."
 
 
"Do you want me to get you a taxi or do you want me to drop you in your apartment?"
 
 
He gave me a weary look and answered, "I 'm fine now. I can go home by myself. I'll just take a bus."
 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
 
"Yeepp."
 
 
"Man, I already know why you rarely drunk."
 
 
"Because I get drunk easily?" he asked, laughing a little.
 
 
"You bet."
 
 
"But it's hard to say no to him." he stretched his long arms up and then scratched the back of his neck. "It was really nice of him to buy us drinks."
 
 
Silence fell between us after this exchange.
 
 
There's something that I want to ask him but I don't know it's right to ask him this but...
 
 
"Hey Gongchan."
 
 
"HM?"
 
 
"Do you like him?"
 
 
"Like? Who?"
 
 
"Jinyoung."
 
 
He quickly gave me a what-the--are-you-talking-about look as he gulped down the last of his coffee. "Can you just stop asking those kinds of things?"
 
 
"But you two are obviously happy talking with each other!" I exclaimed, "It was like you guys are busy with your own world! You totally forgot about me!"
 
 
"IT IS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT TALKING!" he roared. "Seriously, what's wrong with you?"
 
 
"If you're in my place, you're going to think the same."
 
 
"Arg. I can't believe this." he messed up his hair in annoyance. "Listen, I don't like him okay? I DON'T LIKE HIM. I'm not...gay, I'm into pretty, bootylicious girls, not with boys like me!"
 
 
"But you guys seems to enjoy each other's company." I pouted, looking away to stiffle my upcoming laugh.
 
 
"I was including you in our conversation! But you won't even utter a single word!"
 
 
"Because I was too nervous, Gongchan! I can't think properly when he's near! Let alone talking with him!"
 
 
"It's not my fault anymore." he commented bitterly, "besides, did it ever cross your mind that he bought us drinks and it would be very rude if I wouldn't talk to him?"
 
 
"I know. I know. But--"
 
 
"Seriously, if you want to confess, you should do it right away before it's too late."
 
 
I gaped at him for a second. "Why? You also want to confess to him?"
 
 
He kicked the pavement dust in annoyance, muttering gibberish words to himself. 
 
 
"Don't get me wrong, but why are you suddenly pushing me to confess? Seems--"
 
 
"Because you're just too paranoid! Arg! Just confess right away and stop saying those stupid things! Stop bugging me!" he snarled at me.
 
 
"But how can I confess to him now?!! I bet he can still remember the dumb question that I asked!"
 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
 
I paused for a second. "Uh..well."
 
 
"He didn't mention anything earlier right? Maybe he already forgotten it or he did NOT bother to remember it. You're just thinking too much! Move on!"
 
 
Thinking about his words, I realized that he was actually right. 
 
 
I don't know if marvelous Jinyoung either didn't take my dumb question seriously or he just too nice to not bring it up anymore.
 
 
Whatever it is, the important thing is to try to forget what happened and confess right away.
 
 
"Besides..." my co-worker continued after few minutes of silence. "if you wouldn't confess right away, that girl will do it before you, and you will regret it for the rest of your life."
 
 
My head snapped towards him. "Girl? Who's that girl you're talking about?"
 
 
"Remember that girl who talked to him yesterday? His classmate?"
 
 
Terror struck me as the memories come rushing back to me.
 
 
The image of annoying diminutive girl popped in my mind and that was enough to make my mood really bad.
 
 
"You mean, that girl likes MY Jinyoung too?" I asked through gritted teeth.
 
 
"Seems so." Gongchan replied casually. 
 
 
 
 
"D-Do you think that s-she already confessed to him?" I asked, too nervous for his answer.
 
 
"I don't know. We're not that close. But that guy is a hottie. He's pretty popular you know, so it's not a surprise if girls would line up to ask him out."
 
 
 
That made me more nervous. "B-but Gongchan...what if...what if...Jinyoung has already a g-girlfriend?"
 
 
My friend gave me a serious look and said, "You'll never know...unless you try to talk to him..alone."
 
 
"B-b-but I-I can't do it! I mean, I can't talk to him alone! I can't even say a word when he's near me and...and..."
 
 
"Then how on earth are you going to confess, huh?"
 
 
"How about writing him a letter?"
 
 
"No." Gongchan deadpanned.
 
 
"Then how about--"
 
 
Standing up abruptly, he quickly hold onto the metal railings of the stairs as he tried to steady himself.
 
 
"Hey, you okay?" I inquired, getting up.
 
 
"I'm fine." he mumbled, turning around to face me. "But I guess you really need a help."
 
 
"Huh? What help?" 
 
 
---
 
A/N:
 
 
Hello! omg. So so so sorry if I took tooooo long to update this huhu  college ,  preventing me to write stories *pout
 
 
Anyway, I still hope that you guys will read this update.
 
 
THIS CHAPTER IS QUITE LONG SO I DECIDED TO  CUT THIS INTO TWO PARTS.
 
 
This is the FIRST PART though, next will be the SECOND PART.
 
 
For the love of Jung Jinyoung,  drop comments please?