Step 3

How to confess your love to Jung Jinyoung

"PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Gongchan, who was sitting behind the counter, suddenly burst out laughing when he saw me enter the bookstore.

 

"H-hey miss unicorn!" he teased, waving his hand like a puppet.

 

I shot him my deadliest glare. "That's not really cute stickman." I walked beside him and flung my bag on its usual place, the small cabinet which was now cluttered with my annoying co-worker's things.

 

Pushing him quite roughly, I took some books from the table and pretended to examine it.

 

"Nah, that's not true unicorn, people always say that I'm cute. I'm the world's aegyo king you know, do you want me to buing buing?"

 

"Shut up Gongchan." I said through gritted teeth. "And stop calling me unicorn!"

 

Gongchan's grin grew wider. "Why? Unicorn is a nice nickname for y---"

 

"I HAD ENOUGH OF IT, OKAY?" With a force, I slammed the books on the glass table and faced him angrily.

 

Okay, I was pissed off beyond belief. He had been teasing me since we exited his university yesterday (we skipped our classes) until before I sleep (he even called just to remind me that embarrassing thing that I said). And making fun of me early in the morning is the last thing I that I wanted.

 

"Hey! You almost broke the glass!" he stood up abruptly and shoved the books away from the table. "I was just teasing you..."

 

"Well I'm not really in a mood to be teased Mr. Gong Chansik!" I kicked the now empty chair in anger. "THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL BETTER."

 

With trembling hands, I went to the corner of the counter and started to pull magazines from a box.

 

My eyes felt warm so I covered my face with some random magazine to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall.

 

I know that I should be thankful, that he helped me a lot yesterday. But I was still dwelling in the moment and savoring the embarrassment and being teased and laughed at by a friend, who was supposedly comforting me was really infuriating. And I felt more dejected and depressed.

 

Tears started to stream down my face and I quickly wiped my cheeks with the sleeves of my cardigan.

 

I bit my lips and tried to stop from crying but I end up weeping quite loudly.

 

"Hey are you crying?" Gongchan grabbed my arms and positioned me so I was facing him directly.

 

"Why?" I sniffled. "You're going to tease me more, huh?"

 

He let out a heavy sigh and placed his long arm around my shoulder, as if to comfort me. "Okay, I'm such a jerk. Sorry."

 

He waited for my response but I just kept on sniffling.

 

To be honest, it was not that easy to forgive him because I got really ticked off. But, thinking about yesterday, I guess I still owe him a lot, for not turning me down when I asked for his help.

 

"I don't know what to say so I just decided to tease you, um, to make things quite, you know, light and..you wouldn't think about it badly, but uhh...it's obviously a bad idea..so, I'm really sorry." he continued.

 

With a final sniff, I slowly removed his arm from my shoulder and said, "When these type of things happen to me, it's extremely hard for me to get over them."

 

"I'm really sorry." He apologized again, big round eyes were twinkling in sincerity. "Shouldn't have teased you too much."

 

"Yeah. And try to be more creative next time." When I finally stopped sniffling, I smacked his arm lightly and proceeded playfully, "Calling someone "unicorn" never became funny."

 

He gave me a little smile before turning around to place the chair near the small cabinet.

 

I guess, he deserve my forgiveness (even though he called me unicorn. Arg.) he might be a complete jerk sometimes, but he will still be my friend no matter what happens.

 

"Arg." I heard him grunted few seconds later. "I really feel bad." he was staring at the ceiling with a troubled expression on his face.

 

"You made me cry Gongchan, but I forgive you."

 

"This is the first time..that I saw you cry, I'm really sorry..."

 

I blew out a sigh and poke his cheek. "Yah. Stop apologizing. I overreacted. So sorry too. And uhhh.." I quickly looked down. "Thank you for helping me, uh. Yeah, even though everything messed up in the end, but uh, yeah. Thank you."

 

When I gazed up to stare at him, I noticed that there's a glint in his eyes that I can't name and he was grinning like a five year old kid.

 

It was really odd and creepy. And I was about to comment about it when he yanked me into a tight hug (which made me almost scream in surprise) "Do you want to eat ice cream?"

 

I sighed in relief. He does really look like a five year old kid.

 

---

 

"How do mermaids make babies?" Gongchan asked out of the blue while we're walking on a street (towards the bus station) while eating chocolate ice cream.

 

"That was really dumb and random question to ask, Gongchan." I replied, as I took a spoonful of my chocolate ice cream.

 

"But seriously. I'm really curious! How can they make babies if they don't have---"

 

I stopped in my tracks and covered his mouth with my free hand. "Please Gongchan, I'm not really in a mood to fool around."

 

It's already 9:15 pm and after we closed the bookstore, my co-worker immediately dragged me to the nearest ice cream shop to buy ice cream.

 

I told him to buy me dinner instead, but he insisted to just settle for ice cream because we're going home right away.

 

"Aren't you curious too?"

 

I stared at him for a moment, contemplating his question. "Well, if their reproductive organs are those of fish, well they make babies in a similar way that fishes do."

 

"But how do fishes mak---"

 

"You're not going to ask me how fishes make babies, right?" I raised my ice cream cup in front of his face. "Because I will really throw this whole thing at  you. You're in college already, you should know that."

 

He laughed heartily, "I'm really going to ask that!"

 

"Be serious stickman. They don't reproduce because they don't exist."

 

"Well, unicorns don't exist too."

 

Without any second thought, I threw my half-eaten ice cream at him. But he quickly ran to the other side so it fell straight to the ground.

 

"Whew. That was close!" he half-shouted as he started to laugh like crazy.

 

"I thought you're not going to tease me anymore!" Grunting, I took his ice cream from his hand and began to gobble it up.

 

"Hey! That's mine!" he grabbed his ice cream cup but his face fell when he realized there's almost nothing left.

 

"ha! That's your punishment!"

 

"You finished it up for just mere seconds. Very impressive." He said in a sarcastic way.

 

I can't help but to crack up because of his funny expression, but few seconds later, he started laughing too, and we we're both laughing so hard that people (around us) were giving us weird glances.

 

"What really happened? I mean, why did you ask that all of the sudden?" Gongchan asked after a few minutes, when we stopped laughing and continued walking.

 

"Asked, what?"

 

"You know, the unicorn thingy?"

 

My mouth dropped into an "o" shape when I realized what's he's talking about.

 

Scrathing the back of my neck, I shrugged indifferently. "I don't even know. Maybe I was just too nervous?"

 

"And asking about unicorns just added fuel to the fire." he replied, smirking.

 

"Yeah! I know. Can you please stop rubbing it in? I already have egg on my face."

 

"Ok, ok, chill." He raised both of his hands as if in surrender. "But..do you have any plan right now?"

 

"Plan for what?"

 

"To you know, to confess to him?"

 

"I don't know." I spat the words icily.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Tst. I don't know. I might not confess to him anymore."

 

"Whoa whoa, wait." His big eyes blinked at me. "Are you telling me that you already giving up on him?"

 

"I said I don't know!" clicking my tongue irritably, I added. "How can I face him now? I got embarrassed, Gongchan. He might burst out laughing once he catch a glimpse of my unicorn face."

 

He let out a chuckle. "Nah, I think he wouldn't do that. He seemed like a nice lad."

 

"That was a weird thing to hear from another guy." I looked at him im doubt. "I smell rivalry here. You like him too, huh?"

 

"HAHAHAHA. Very funny." he replied in a robotic tone. "Don't change the topic uni-- I mean, drop dead gorgeous lady."

 

I hit his arm lightly. "I'm not changing the topic! It seems that you like him too... you even asked your classmates for his information..."

 

"I asked that for you. Because I know you wouldn't stop nagging me if I wouldn't help you. I'm not gay." his face was telling me that he's serious and I find it pretty funny so I can't help but to giggle.

 

"Nah, I'm just kidding." I looked away uncomfortably and said, "I guess, that it's still nice to be single, you know?"

 

"But you said that you're going to tell him you love him?" he asked with a smirk.

 

"How the hell would I confess to him now?" I demanded.

 

"Well ask him if you two can meet and then confess to him! Easy as abc."

 

My eyes widened in astonishment "Are you even serious? Of course, I couldn't do that anymore without being ashamed of myself!"

 

"So you're saying that you wouldn't EVER confess to him anymore?" He eyed me dubiously, repeating what I said earlier.

 

It took me a minute to answer. "Y-Yeah! I guess, we're not really meant to be for each other."

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Y-yeah. Seriously. I mean, I don't need a boyfriend right now, being single is fun, you know?"

 

"Are you really really serious?" he was looking at me like I am the last person in the world that he could trust.

 

"I'm really really serious! I don't need a man! I'm a happy independent woman! Why I even think about confessing?aish!"

 

"You sure?" my friend asked again, making my brows furrowed in irritation.

 

"Yeah! How many times do I need to tell you? Well, I change my mind! I don't like him anymore! Um, I think so, but yeah! I'm serious!" I declared trying to convince myself than my friend.

 

Well it's not quite true that I don't like Jinyoung anymore, but uhh...since I made up my mind not to confess anymore, I guess I need to move on.

 

And the idea was saddening but---

 

"Well, in that case, I think you don't NEED to find out where he was working..." Gongchan mused out loud.

 

My head automatically jerked at his direction.

 

"What did you just say?"

 

He looked at me with fake innocence. "Huh? I said nothing."

 

"Oh come on, you know where Jinyoung is working right? And how did you know that he has a job?" I gave him a doubtful glance.

 

"You are really into him, huh?"

 

With a grunt, Gongchan impatiently pointed to a building in front of us.

 

When I followed his gaze, I saw a bar with led lights that proclaimed "Ignition Bar".

 

This is the first time that I saw that bar before, I wonder how long it's been open.

"Gongchan, we're not going in there right?"
Well, I never been in a bar before, let alone drinking or dancing with my classmates because I'm not the type of girl who likes drinking in a club or whatsoever, well I don't drink at all.

 

I was about to nag him where Jinyoung is really working when my eyes landed to a guy leaning to the bar's door, talking with a big masculine guy who seems to be a bouncer.

 

My brows pulled together as I tried to squint.

 

When the skinny guy (the shorter one) smiled, I almost dropped on the floor when recognition hit me.

 

"Y-Y-You m-mean---"

 

Comprehensible words refused to come from my mouth but Gongchan immediately gave me a nod, and said "Yes yes. My classmate happen to mention that he have a part time job in that bar-- what now?"

 

He didn't finish his sentence because I'm giving him a weird look. "Gongchan---"

 

"I'm not a stalker!"

 

"We need to go in there." I proclaimed.

 

"What?!?"

 

I grabbed his arm. "We.need.to.go.there."

 

"FOR WHAT?"

 

"To check him. To check what his job or how he was doing! Come on."

 

"BUT I THOUGHT---"

 

"Just, come on.."

 

He groaned loudly and let me dragged him towards the bar when I heared him muttered, "Oh no...

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hello guys! arg, I feel bad Soooooooooo SORRY for not updating for, like forever? I was soooo busy with school stuff, and although I already wrote some part of this chapter month ago, I didn't have time to continue it I was just able to finish this up now because it's our Christmas break! I have free time.lols. So yeah, again, I'm not sure about this. huhuhuhuhu. But hope you enjoy this~

 

 

And oh, I just want to share this video for you guys~ Jinyoung's solo, Be My Girl in their BABA concert (congrats for their successful concert) and also their SNSD'S cover, Genie (LMAO AT THIS!) hope you enjoy these!

 

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS! hohohohohohohoho.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: I got a new fanfic poster guys, lols, Check it out (foreword)