SooKai || Absurd

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for NoonMonkey

 

Absurd

~flow19~

 

                You invite yourself over to my house at nearly eleven o’clock in the evening. You offer no explanation, no hi, no hello. You just walk past me and into my house, throwing yourself onto my couch, and even before I can say anything else, you’re fast asleep. No poke, no tickle can get your eyes to open and here I am, left with a snoring supposedly eighteen year old boy. You don’t look far from four right now, actually.

And what do I do?

I can only sigh, grab a blanket from one of the cabinets, spread it over your body, tuck you in and call it a night.

o-o-o-o-o

                You know more than anybody that I rarely share food. Food and I go hand in hand, always and forever. Heechul oppa brought over a special box of cookies from Japan his recent trip to Japan. It’s sweet for him and Sica to remember that I am simply in love with these sweets during their honeymoon. I can wolf on them in one go. I know I can… but instead I save them, eating one per day so the box can last longer.

                Now, here I am about to enter the kitchen, only to find you on one of the stools by the counter; my precious cookies in your hands. You see me right away and a look of guilt crosses your face. You know how much I treasure those small, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chip treats. You stop eating, offering an apology and a simple ‘I was hungry’ to explain yourself. I know you were. You just came from dance practice today.

And what do I do?

I tell you that you can have the cookies… along with love and threats to get me another one someday.

o-o-o-o-o

                It’s Taemin and Sulli’s engagement party today; he your best friend and she my baby sister. As much as I want to go on and on about how she is marrying earlier than me, I’m unable to thanks to my best friend, a guy who goes by the name Kris. It is common knowledge to never feed you too many sweets yet for whatever reason, my dear best friend forgets and here you are, nearly bouncing in your place as we all watch the program. I try to send you a pointed look from my place across you, knowing that the two won’t appreciate it if the future best man steals the spotlight. But you’re only growing more restless as the times goes by.

And what do I do?

I whisper to Krystal, who whispers to Victoria, who whispers to Luna, who whispers to Amber, who mouths to Jonghyun across her, who whispers to Minho, who whispers to Onew, who whispers to Key, who steps on your foot until you behave.

o-o-o-o-o

                You invite me over to your house, claiming that everyone else is too busy to hang out with you today. I head over to your place and I suddenly have this urge to thank the heavens that I’m a girl. Empty soda cans here and there, shirt that has been tossed on an artificial potted plant, a pair of boxers on the floor… I can go on and on about the mess that is his house. I tap my foot, waiting for some sort of explanation, and you merely give me that smile of yours; the same one that turns your eyes into half-moons that shine so bright.

And what do I do?

I smile back before taking you by the ear, dragging you to where your broom is and watching as you finally clean up.

o-o-o-o-o

I’m having lunch with Amber, Kris and Luhan when she says something that nearly makes me spit out my soda.

                Ignoring Kris and his many ‘that’s gross’, ‘ew’, and other similar phrases, I gawk at Amber as if she has grown another head or two… or seventy five. She has just declared that you and I are perfect for each other. Is she serious? I mean, you and I, Choi Sooyoung and Kim Jongin, are perfect for each other? I tell her that she’s crazy, that you and I are just good friends and nothing more, nothing else. Amber merely says that I’m in denial. Luhan has wisely chosen to keep his mouth shut and Kris, being my best friend, says that any guy who wants to be with me has to go through him.

And what do I do?

I continue eating, thinking that Amber has lost her mind… yet I can’t help but still think about it even after all is said and done.

o-o-o-o-o

I don’t know how.

I don’t know why.

I don’t know when.

But it’s still like you’re suddenly… all grown up.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter