SooHan || Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for lulubambiholmes

 

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
~flow19~


 

All she could remember were the bright lights and the feeling of something wrapping tightly around her.

Then, the world went dark.

                It was the pain that woke her up from her sleep – a pain that she realized wasn’t just in one place on her body. Sooyoung stirred; a hiss escaping her lips when her body ached even more. She felt that she was beaten up, badly bruised. She felt stiff and a new round of pain coursed throughout her every time she tried to move. Even opening her eyes took great effort. She tried opening them and then closed them when the bright light blocked her vision. Her eyes fluttered again and again before she managed to open them, adjusting to their awfully all-white surroundings.

“Thank god.” Sungmin was by her side in an instant, gingerly taking her. “We were so worried.”

She stared questioningly at her best friend, realizing that she was in the hospital. “What… What happened?”

‘Soo!” The door of the hospital room swung open and Sunny came rushing in with Siwon, Tiffany, Jessica and Heechul hot on her heels. “Oh my god. Are you okay? What hurts? Do we need to get the doctor? Are you hungry?”

“What happened?” Sooyoung managed to croak, looking at each of her friends for answers.

Siwon and Tiffany exchanged a look before the latter cleared . “What do you remember?”

Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to recall what she could. “I was on my home from work… I remember being near the bus stop. I was about to cross and I remember being blinded by really bright lights and…” She gasped, looking at her friends in horror.

“I’m so sorry, Soo…” Siwon nodded. “You were in accident.”

“What? But….” She stared disbelievingly at them. “How?”

“The first car on the lane already gave way so you could cross but the SUV behind it go impatient, overtook and now here we all are.” Heechul’s lips curled up in disgust, remembering when he, Siwon and Sungmin confronted the careless driver in the police station.

                Sooyoung nodded slowly, waiting for the news and reality in general to sink in. She could feel the IV hook on her left hand and the bandage that covered her forehead. A closer inspection of her arms made her see the cuts and bruises that marred her once smooth, blemish-free skin. She in a sharp breath; tears welling in her eyes much to the alarm of her friends but she kept her tears at bay as she dared herself to ask a question.

“How am I still alive?”

“Well…” Jessica gave her a small, albeit a sad, smile. “Someone saved you.”

Her eyes widened, remembering how she felt something tight suddenly wrap around her. Arms? “What?”

She nodded. “Yeah… He caught you and threw you guys out of the way.”

Sooyoung gulped; a tear trickling down her face. “Is he… Is he okay?”

“He is, Soo.” Tiffany grinned. “He’s here though… because of some injuries.”

Sooyoung blinked back the tears that were slowly escaping her eyes. Someone saved her. Someone, whom she didn’t know, saved her. How could some random savior be kind and selfless enough to save her life? She didn’t understand. He could’ve died trying to save her.

“Can I see him?”

o-o-o-o-o

He looked like an angel.

                It was the first thought that entered her mind as she stepped inside the hotel room; her IV drip in tow. His name was Luhan, according to his nurse. When he had caught her and threw themselves out of harms way, they had landed badly and injured themselves. The nurse told her that he had been awake during a part of the journey to the hospital, trying to make sure she was okay, before he lost consciousness the rest of the day.

                He must be a foreigner… Chinese, maybe. He had a bandage wrapped around his forehead and one taped against his right cheek. He had more cuts and bruises on his arms, having to be the one who bore the brunt of their fall. Sooyoung imagined that he was in much more pain than she was in. But despite that, his breathing was even as he slept.

Sooyoung sighed as she gingerly lowered herself on the chair next to her bed; her hair covering her face as she lowered her head. “I’m so sorry…”

“For what?”

The voice made her suddenly sit straight; her wide eyes lifting to meet the gaze of a pair of groggy yet amused ones. Luhan was awake – awake, watching her and speaking to her in Korean. He looked sleepy and beat but his face held some s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter