SooKris || Clair de Lune

C'est La Vie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: This fic is inspired by and is named after Debussy's Clair de Lune. I was listening to it as I wrote this. You may or may not listen to the piece while you read but the link is here in case you want it. If you do decide to listen to it, I decided to time the pace of the story along with the music. It may or may not work though, depending on how quick or slow you read :)

 

 

for qyn_0206

 

Clair de Lune
~flow19~

 

It starts off soft, slow, caressing, smooth

                Kris is hidden partially behind a tall, and old oak tree. He rests a hand on its rough trunk as he watches her from his place. The moon shines from above and it casts a glittering glow on her. She is glimmering underneath the moonlight and he finds himself holding on firmer onto the tree. She’s taking his breath away with no effort at all.

She is beautiful beyond words, he believes.

                The breeze sweeps past them and the skirt of her dress flutters around her and so does her chocolate brown locks. She makes no move to fix anything, merely letting them flow where they may. It’s a messier sight compared to the calm serenity she has been only a moment earlier, but Kris doesn’t see her differently.

She’s still beautiful to him.

                He takes a step forward and the dried, fallen leaves crunch under his weight. The sound, insignificant as it may seem, rings loudly throughout the area and she hears. She turns and she finds him standing there, half hidden in the darkness. She doesn’t seem surprised. She knows he’s there, he realizes. It gives him courage to take another step and another when she smiles at him.

She doesn’t seem too far from his reach now.

                She lifts her hand and reaches out for him, not moving from where she is. She wants him to come to her. Kris takes it step by step; her outreached hand his end goal. He steps away from the shadows and lets the moonlight glow on him too. What a beautiful sight they must have made.

He takes another step.

She moves.

She takes a step backward.

Kris stops, surprised.

Her smile turns into a grin.

It has been soft and smooth and slow up until now.

Now, the rhythm has changed.

The tempo has increased.

She wants a chase.

And he’ll give it to her.

                His strides go longer and his pace increases. With every step he ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter