NIGHTMARES-mature content

'Erase'

"which character are you?.....did he already do the casting?"

"yes, he decided today.....I'm going to be Grizabella" Bliss sighed.

"oh! I love her!....'Memory' is one of my favorite songs in the play~" Jolli grinned while humming the tune to 'Memory'.

"....cool...." Bliss mumbled. She picked up her backpack and slung it over her shoulder, "I'll see you later Jo.....I have a lot of homework to do"

"okay Bliss.....try to get a good night's sleep, you seem overworked and tired"

Bliss smiled and tossed a 'thanks' over her shoulder before leaving the school auditorium. Secretly Bliss knew sleep, for her, was impossible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"oh crap!" Bliss cried jiggling the key into the master lock to unlock the front door, "turn already you stupid freak!" she groaned while sighing.

"sorry" a voice mumbled behind her.

Bliss spun around seeing her Landlord standing behind her with a sheepish look on his face.

"oh~ it's okay Mr. Lagger.....I probably broke it somehow knowing me~" Bliss smiled taking note of the sudden chill brushing through the hallway and shivering to herself, "I was just about to cook dinner, care to join me?"

"no I have left over fish guts in my fridge....my wife doesn't like me eating a younger, more attractive, ually appealing woman's food without her permission *sigh*.....I came to tell you they fixed your mailbox, here's the key.....and your Father came by, again......to ask me if you had any young male visitor's lately, again....and to tell me you're only 18, again....and you need to finish your senior year in high school, again.....and that your---"

"Mr. Lagger, thank-you....again, I'm sorry if he bothers you.....he's worried that I will be stupid and foolish like my Mother"

"it's okay, again" Mr. Lagger smirked while placing the mailbox key into Bliss' awaiting hand before rushing down the stairs to shoo off the rat coming through the broken front door.

"are you sure you don't want to stay for dinner?!" Bliss called after him.

"no! I'm used to the stomach growling now!" he hollered back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if on cue the phone rang as soon as Bliss stepped through her front door and locked the master lock behind her.

"hello?"

"it's me honey"

"oh~ hey Mom" Bliss answered running a hand over her voice-mail box and reading the flashing number '6' over and over again.

"did you know your Dad spoke with Mr. Lagger?"

"did he?......no, I had no idea" Bliss lied rolling her eyes.

"don't lie honey, I can hear it in your voice"

"sorry Mom" Bliss whispered tapping the counter with her finger.

"I called to ask about CATS, how did the casting call go?"

"Mom, why do you ask when I know you already talked to the director and found out my part?"

"tsk, tsk.....don't sound so rude, Bliss.......anyway, I'M SO EXCITED!!! Grizabella is a great part honey! you should be very proud of yourself!!!"

*sigh* "thank-you Mom......it is a good part.....can I ask you something?"

"what is it honey?"

"Mom, I have---"

"oh no!! don't chew on that you dumb dog!!.....it's for my use only!!!!!!....I have to go Bliss, love you~" *click*

"---why didn't you believe me when I said I have bad night terrors?" Bliss finished still holding the phone to her ear. She sat quiet before it began beeping off the hook, then abruptly hung it up with a loud sigh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"turkey? ham? bologna? salami?.....bread?" Bliss leaned further over the fridge door searching for dinner, "Chinese it is" she grumbled closing the door with a slam.

"no sir, I said 2 eggrolls......not chew and drool" Bliss sighed. The only downfall of ordering Chinese over the phone is the elderly man that runs the Chinese store is highly hard of hearing. As though that's not bad enough, half the time after she orders the food, the next door neighbor gets her order and vice-versa.

*dingerrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

"grrr~ darn doorbell" Bliss mouthed still trying to finish her order, "no, no.....” *pulls phone from mouth* “okay I'm coming now!!! stop pressing the doorbell please, it's broken!!.....” *pulls receiver back to mouth* “I asked for chow mein....CHOW MEIN!!"

*dingerrrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrroooowwwlll*

"wha yu say?"

"DANG IT!!! I SAID I AM COMING NOW!!!!"

"oh, bud da foo no dun Pwinshess" the man replied in shock.

"I.....” *clears throat* “I know that sir....I was answering my doorbell" Bliss walked to the door yanking it open to reveal her friend Jolli standing in the hall with a large pizza in one hand and a soda in the other.

*turns from Jolli* "I'm sorry, I think I called the wrong number" Bliss hung-up while turning back to Jolli, "if you were a guy I would have just fallen in love with you~" Bliss snatched the pizza from Jolli waving her in with the other hand.

"I know it....hence why I am wishing on falling stars" Jolli grabbed a piece of pizza out and began munching, "where's all the homework?" Jolli asked calling Bliss' bluff.

".....dog ate it?....."

"what dog?.....you don't have a dog anymore, liar"

"yeah huh!....the neighbor's dog....." Bliss took another bite of her pizza slice and chewed it aggressively trying not to make eye contact.

".....you're disgusting.....sometimes, to prevent from choking, you need to actually take your time at eating and chew properly" Jolli stated with her upper lip curled in disgust.

"dung id Ch-olli!!!" Bliss hollered in anger.

"EWWW!!!" Jolli jumped up wiping at her face frantically, "you spit on me!!" she whined.

"......so.......you deserved it" Bliss responded sticking out her tongue and beginning to giggle at Jolli's actions.

"you're gross"

"no, I'm tired" Bliss yawned sitting back and patting her tummy while tossing the other half of her pizza slice into the open pizza box, "you were done right?" she asked noticing her half eaten pizza slice landed on Jolli's piece.

"I sure am now!" Jolli groaned taking her seat on the couch again and sighing in self pity, "how are you so gross?"

"I hang-out with you" Bliss replied taking note of Jolli picking up a toothpick and picking at her exposed belly button.

"whatever~ you're stomach churning, I'm just slightly shocking......there's a difference" Jolli continued picking at her belly button.

"Jo, I don't want to perform anymore....I don't enjoy it, it was something I did for my parent's sake.....do you think I'm too mean?"

"yes"

"oh come on!......if I don't like it, I don't need to do it....right?"

"what the heck is wrong with you?!.......do you know what I would do to be in the school play? any play at all for that matter? especially a musical like CATS?!......take a wild guess!"

".......then why don't you audition?......I've heard you sing, you're really good.....you're acting isn't too bad either"

"I'm too shy.....I pass out if the teacher calls my name in the classroom and everyone looks at me......why would I even try to pretend I could stand on a stage in front of an audience?"

"........to test your fear?......."

"EHNNN!! wrong!!!" Jolli tossed her arms in the air and scoffed.

"you might find out that it's not so bad Jo~" Bliss yawned and laid her head on Jolli's shoulder, "keep me safe while I sleep~" Bliss whispered sleepily before dozing off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jolli?!" Bliss called out searching left to right for her friend, or even a person period. Her heart began racing as a darkness slowly swallowed the light around her, "OH MY GO--- JOLLI!!!!!!!!!" Bliss screamed running in the direction of the only light in the darkness surrounding her.

"she's not here" a voice echoed in.

"NO!!!!!......please, let the light stay" Bliss begged racing towards the fading light.

"but, you're running away from it" the voice replied.

Bliss stopped. She looked ahead of her, deciding that forward must mean backward, she started running in reverse. The voice laughed before the light was completely gone from in front of her.

"what the heck?!....you said it wrong!....bring it back please~ I played your stupid game!!"

A buzzing sound struck up suddenly stopping Bliss dead in her tracks, Bliss' heartbeat sped into another level of intensity. Bliss knew the sound was bad and that it brought out pain, she may not be able to feel the pain because this is merely a nightmare, but Bliss could still feel the fear of being helpless and abused. The sound came closer and closer before she felt a vibration against her mid-back.

"brah haohfoubn ofhsureo hosdfhowe~" Bliss begged. She felt as though her body had froze in place, she couldn't move, think, act, or say anything. Her words didn't make any sense and her mind flooded with random sounds of screaming and shouting.

Bliss felt the vibration drill into her back further. The sensation was causing her muscles to tense, she stopped breathing completely as her mind became fuzzy.

"I need to see your stomach please" the voice taunted giggling, "taste a little of yourself" the voice growled.

Bliss felt her stomach widen from the probe that was now inserted from her back all the way into her tummy, it traveled around within her vibrating and sending shock waves through each one of her limbs uncomfortably stunning her in place. The strong taste of blood flowed into from staining the walls in so she couldn't spit away the flavor, or swallow it down.

"sjkhdoh shefuoa fnoaif noahd!!!!" Bliss screamed. She tried to move but her body didn't respond.

"I don't understand your language.....stop speaking!!" the voice rang into her ears loudly, a popping sound echoed through the room. soon after Bliss felt her skin slipping from her body and gliding onto the ground sliding all around her. Her eyes pushed through the sockets of her skull nearly coming out of her head.

"jdhi aigh hdfizje!!!!!!!!!!" Bliss tried to talk once more, but the voice only laughed loudly.

"say it again!! it's amusing me!" the voice laughed harder and the vibration grew stronger.

soon after Bliss felt her stomach churning into a ball, twisting itself around and around making her feel nauseous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BLAHHHHH*

The sound of vomit awoke Bliss from her sleep, her eyes met the pile of fresh, stinky, warm, and red goo resting under her face on the floor. She swallowed back the nasty flavor and up the wandering snot drooping from her nostrils. Bliss closed her eyes as more regurgitation found it's way to the floor in front of her, she sat up wiping the cold sweat from her feverishly warm face, and ended with wiping her saliva and vomit ridden lips.

"it stopped" Bliss breathed leaning back on the couch and trying to catch her breath. She leaned forward opening her eyes and reached for her phone, she was deciding on whether or not to call Jolli and cuss her out for leaving her without waking her up first.

Bliss chose to leave it alone and tossed the phone to the couch cushion beside her instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to forewarn anyone reading this story, it is angsty and confusing. By the end it will all make sense, so please bare with the confusion :) LoL

also, the nightmare was intense. Or at least to me it seemed that way, so please remember this story is rated 'Mature'