Chapter 13

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Seohyun's POV)

 

I shifted on Yunho Oppa's leg as I finally stop crying. To be honest, I don't know what went over me that I wailed so hard upon hearing the news. It's weird, really, because it happened quite a long time ago. But I guess, seeing the pictures in the internet really made me feel sick. The horrifying pictures of him being transported to the ambulance, face covered with blood, and his body still and not responsive haunted me. That instant, I just felt like the air escaped me, trapped in my own thoughts and I just broke down. I won't be able to take it if the same thing occurs again to him. Just imagining him being hurt pains me more than anything.

 

"Joohyun?"

 

I gulp, not trusting my own voice. The emotional turmoil that happened in the last hour has drained me; I am losing energy and my ability to speak.

 

"Baby?" he caresses my hair ever so slowly, as if trying not to break me.

 

I sigh, putting my head on his shoulder to rest. "Yes" I answer him, my voice a bit hoarse due to all the crying I did earlier. He tightens his hold on me, planting several kisses on my head and my cheeks. I feel so content being with him like this, just holding him close and enjoying the warmth his body is emitting. "I am sorry for disturbing you like that" I say, not really sure if he was mad about all the drama I brought to his office. It was very reckless of me to come here, barging in like that in the middle of what seemingly an important meeting. I was not on my right mind and the only thing I wanted was just to see him.

 

"Hey" he cups my face to meet his eyes. "It's fine. I was just shocked that's all"

 

"I was too" I confess, remembering what Sica Unnie delivered to me. "What happened back then, Oppa?" As soon as I say it, I feel him tightening his hold on my hip, almost squeezing it.

 

"Let's put it behind us, Joohyun. I don't wanna talk about it or any of the parties involved. I am closing that case and throw it away out of my life. What happened does not matter" his stare turns dark as he speaks. I swear I could hear my heart thumping so rapidly at his menacing tone. He is hiding something; something that he does not want me to know. But, why?

 

"I think I deserve to know. I have the right to" For this once, I wanna fight him, arguing my stance in this.

 

"No. Whatever happened, happened. Let's leave it at that" he softly picks me up and put me down on my feet. He follows soon after, not glancing back at me when he tidies up his desk. "And now, I think we both are done for the day. Let's go home" taking my hand in his, I have no choice but to follow his steps. In my heart comes a little disappointment upon realizing that he does not trust me enough to share what probably is a dark past of his. Oh how I wish it is not the case.lo 

==============================================================================================

 

(Yunho's POV)

 

Seohyun keeps her silence in the car, her lips are pursed while fixing her sight on the road. I draw en exasperated breath. Honestly, if I do wanna talk about what happened, I don't know where to start the story. Hyunjoong and our lifelong feud? Ara and her ways to get into my head and blindsided me?

 

Ara...  that woman whose name I have never uttered in months... I have not think about her since Joohyun move in... The last time I saw her was in our bedroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter