Chapter 12

I do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The constant ringing of my phone wakes me up with a start and it's not a pleasant thing. Joohyun even stirs a bit beside me, obviously disturbed by the loud, rude sound coming from this tiny gadget of mine. In a hurry, I pick up the call before my wife's sleep gets interrupted.

 

"Hel--"

 

"Yunho!"

 

"Yeah, who is it?" Lie. I know exactly who it is but I also know what Jae wants to talk about and seriously, I don't wanna deal with it right now. Not this early, and definitely not in front of my wife.

 

"Don't give me that bull" he spats and I stay silent. "Yunho, you know ing well what I'm--"

 

"Jae, listen, it's still early. I am not really in the right mind to process whatever you're gonna say. So, later, 'kay?"

 

"Boa knows. She's panicking over this. She knows, no, WE know how messed up your cousin is. He nearly killed you!"

 

"It was an unfortunate accident that none of us saw coming. And there is no legitimate-"

 

Suddenly, I hear a gasp coming from my side and i divert my attention to my wife whose eyes are widening in horror.

 

! She was awake! She probably could hear what Jaejoong just said!

 

"I'll call you back"

 

"Yun--" cutting him off, I hang up and face a very worried and overly shocked Joohyun.

 

"W-w-what happened? How did your cousin want to kill you??!! Why??!! How is that even possible??!" She's frantic, alright. This probably isn't such a good thing to hear first thing in the morning, right after she just opened her eyes.

 

I hug her trembling, body. Her skin cold against mine. Her heart races violently and mine lurches in fear.

 

"Jae is just assuming things. I'm sure he is wrong anyways" Lie. Becaise with the evidence we found, I doubt my cousin has zero connection to what I went through.

 

"When did this happen?" She asks, lips shaking greatly.

 

"Baby, it's nothing to be worried about. Come on, now" I hush her, assuring her that everything's fine. It's not like it's certain that Hyunjoong was the one who did it. There is no proof strong enough to point a finger at him.

 

Brushibg my own thoughts aside, I shower her with butterfly kisses all over her bare skin. At least that will put her mind off this thing. To be honest, I haven't thought about it for so long if not for my cousin's sudden appearance last night. So why bother to discuss it?

 

Just then, her phone rings, startling the both of us. Hell, can't people just stop bothering us?!

 

Sighing, she turns and takes her phone while I slum in disappointment.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yes, Mom"

 

"I know, I'll be there"

 

"I won't be late, don't worry"

 

"Yes, I'll see you in a bit, okay?"

 

"Love you too"

 

She puts down her phone, shooting me a wary smile.

 

"You need to go?"

 

"Ummm"

 

I peck her lips, easing off the tension. Our conversation earlier was abruptly stopped by tshe call, which I thank the heavens for. Or thank her mom for calling in the right moment, if I think about it again. Even though were a bit interrupted, the call saved me from what was about  come. I know that she's still got a lot to ask. But, really, I don't want to talk about it further.

 

"I guess I need to get ready or mom will kill me" Giving up, she heads to the bathroom with me secretly walking behind her.

 

Whatever awful event that happened to me is the last thing on my mind. Don't blame me for having an irresistable and y wife *smirk*

 

*************************************************************************************

 

(Seohyun's POV)

 

On the way to the office, all kinds of horrible accidents play out inside my head. The thing I heard this morning about how my husband's cousin wanted to kill him has taken me by surprise.

 

Oh, heck, who am I kidding? I was more than just surprised. I was mortified; too perplexed to say anything.

 

No matter how hard Yunho tried to divert my attention, it's not working. But I have to put that aside for now as I take a mental note to call Jessica Unnie or maybe Krystal after I discuss things with mom.

 

Pulling aside, I settle my car in the parking lot before walking briskly towards my mom's room. She's looking very pretty and professional, as always. The thought makes me smile. Even when she reaches her late 50s, she still manages to look stunning and fresh. She has that charisma in her when we're at work yet she changes back to the warm, loving mother once the clock strikes 5PM and it's time to head home.

 

"Morning, Mom"

 

"Oh, Joohyunnie, thank God! I was worried you wouldn't make it on time" I frown. It's just 15 to 8 though, we still have plenty of time considering the fact that we're more than ready to meet this supposedly big client.

 

"Mom, you're overly nervous. Which I reckon is unnecessary. You're more than capable of doing this. Besides, we're dealing with no stranger and no new thing"

 

"That's the thing, sweetie. It's corporate party, so it will be filled with lots of important people for him. Shareholders and all. And believe it or not, it still gives me cold sweats thinking about how big it is"

 

"Aigoo, with your list of successful events, I'm sure you'll do fine. What's with this one? You were always so composed and calm. Moreover, this is Donghae Oppa's father we're working with. It'll be just fine, Omma" I laugh at her unamused glare. I've known him for years and I know dad goes golfing with him almost every weekend. "Why are you sweating it?!"

 

"Because I need to make this even better than I ever did! I want to make you father proud. He's gonna be there" my mom winks and dreamily looks behind me. I know that she's thinking of my father's reaction once he sees how wonderful his wife is. Though I'm also positive that my dad will be proud in whatever my mom does. That's their love right there. After 30 years of marriage, they still adore each other like they did when they first met. Although it's not as open as it used to, the twinkle in each other's eyes give it away.

 

I envy them.

 

But not as much now. Deep in my heart, I have a new found faith that I'll be able to have my own happiness; filled with trust and so much tenderness and care. And love, of course.

 

Yunho Oppa comes barging my mind in a snap, surprising myself. Can we...?

 

"Come on Joohyun, let's get ready for this!"

 

Shaking my head, I put the idea away, still reminding myself that our relationship hasn't reached that stage yet despite our physical intimacy. Straightening my blazer and skirt, I follow my mom outside, ready to welcome yet another day.

 

************************************************************************************

 

The thing about handling a big client is that he or she will not be the one meeting us and discuss things. They usually come in the middle of the process and also near the end but not in the initial meeting since it'll still be vague line between choosing us or the others.

 

That's what happens this time around too. Only, we have his son representing him. And that's good. The meeting is just like a casual gathering since Donghae Oppa is the one sitting with us. I relax and let go of my business-like pose and start breathing normally as soon as I see hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter