LOVE

Different dreams

 

Soobin’s POV

“REALLY?!” Haemin exclaimed as I told her what happened when we got to the office, causing almost all of the staff who were already in the office to turn around to look at us.

“Haemin, keep your voice down.” I whispered to her as I continued walking and the staff greeted me good morning. Even though I didn’t mention anything, but because for the past 2 days, Donghae didn’t send me to work. It became the next gossip of the office.

I heard things like have they broken up? Are they fighting, do we stand a chance since he’s now single again. I’ve heard so many things that it made me kind of want to laugh now.

“So how did he propose to you?” She asked as she brought in the morning paper work for me to sign.

“I found the ring in his jacket pocket which he put over me.” I said as I looked through the documents.

“It’s so romantic. If only Eunhyuk had been more creative.” Without looking at her expression, I could tell she was at first having a dreamy look, but now she was pouting. Haemin is so predictable.

“Don’t complain about your husband. He’s a good man. The only person on this earth who can take your nonsense.” I said.

“How can you say that of me?!” She exclaimed jokingly as the both of us start laughing.

During senior high, I have always made fun of Haemin by saying no man on this earth can tolerate her nonsense. Most of the time she herself would agree or sometimes, she herself would say that she’s full of nonsense. However, after she got together with Eunhyuk, I know that he would definitely be able to put up with her, no matter how nonsensical she gets, because Eunhyuk has a good mind.

“Later Director Kim from the commercial company is coming over for a meeting at 11am.” Haemin said before leaving.

I had thought Mr. Park would come since he was the representative. Why is their director coming to meet me? Isn’t Director Kim Jaejoong’s father? There’s must be something underneath this that makes him want to meet me. I must prepare myself for this, because I don’t have a good vibe about it.

End of Soobin’s POV

Haemin’s POV

“Guess what!” I exclaimed through the phone during lunch time.

“You lost weight?” The person on the other line joked.

“Donghae proposed to Soobin and she agreed!” I exclaimed and I heard a gasp from the other side of the line.

“Hyuk! Why aren’t you happy?” I asked and she laughed.

“Haemin ah, they’re bound to get married it’s just a matter of time. They’re obviously madly in love with each other.” He laughed and I started to think it’s true. Donghae had always been the one who showed his true feelings, but for Soobin, she always hide it.

I remember 7 years ago, when I had a crush on Donghae and Soobin was really close to him, I got jealous, because after all, she knows I like him, but after sometime, I realise my feelings towards Donghae is more of an infatuation. He’s just my eye candy. It was nothing more than that.

After a few months, I started to realise they’ve became closer. It was to an extent that everyday, she would at least mention Donghae’s name once and she no longer detest him that much like before. I then realised that actually she’s in love with him. That’s why 7 years ago I told her this.

Flashback

“I’ve given up on Donghae long ago. I know from the start that he likes you so I didn’t leave hope for myself. I let it go and moved on. I want you to be happy. I know Donghae can make you happy. Give him a chance. Don’t isolate your heart. Warm it up for him. You’ll never regret it because I know you like him back as well.”

End of flash back.

I realise that at that time, she was already confused with her feels. Throughout these 7 years, whenever Donghae, Eunhyuk and I met up, I would always drop him hints, but all Donghae would say was

“That won’t happen she hates me” before he drowned his drink.

I’ve told Eunhyuk about this before and the both of us really wanted to help Donghae and Soobin get together.

Whenever the 3 of us were out, Eunhyuk and I tried to acts more as friends that as lovers, because we know how horrible Donghae would feel if we were to get so close to each other, yet the love of his life is at such a faraway land, not wanting to meet him.

“Yah! Haemin!” I jolted at my seat when I heard my name being exclaimed so loudly. I turned around to see Soobin standing there and the entire canteen was empty.

“Omo! Sorry!” I looked at my watch and realised that I’ve been sitting here for an extra half an hour without realising.

“Even though you miss Eunhyuk you don’t have to go on such a strike.” Soobin joked as we walked back to the office.

“Is there any meetings this afternoon?” Soobin asked as we got back to her office.

“You have no more meeting today.” I told her and she smiled.

“Then you can head home now. Since you miss Eunhyuk so much, I grant that you can go home.” She smiled as she opened documents.

“It’s ok Soobin.” I said but she just laughed.

“The both of you are newly weds and are bound to need more time together. Just head home. There’s nothing you need to do anymore am I right? You’re so efficient that you finish your work so quickly.” She said and I smiled.

“Thank you Soobin.” I said.

“What are friends for. Count yourself lucky to have your good friend as your boss.” She joked and I left the room and started to head home.

I opened the door to find the house quiet. Eunhyuk is still in school and he won’t be home in another 5 hours, so I have the entire house to myself. I changed out of my office wear into something more comfortable before starting to clean the house. Even though Eunhyuk is a clean and neat freak, we rarely have time to clean the house. We hire a part time maid who comes in twice a week, but sometimes the house will be dirty so when either of us have time, we’d try to clean it up as much as we can.

When I was done, it was barely 5pm. I then went to take a long soothing bubble bath. When I was done, I opened the fridge, wanting to prepare dinner, but I realise because we rarely cook at home there wasn’t much in the fridge. Looking at the time, there’s still time before Eunhyuk comes home, so I decided to go to the closest supermarket to get groceries.

I got into my car and when I was about to start driving, I saw an unread message from Eunhyuk.

‘I’ll be home a little later today. Maybe at around 8pm? You can have dinner without me today. Love you. – Hyuk’

I think it’s a good think he’ll be home later today. This way, I can have more time to cook. I’m apparently not very good at cooking, so I need more time to prepare and cook.

When I got home, I still had an hour and a half left before he comes home. Because I was afraid I won’t have enough time to prepare, I decided that we’re going to have grilled meat today. Because Eunhyuk can really eat a lot, I bought bulgogi and Samgyeopsal. Because of our hectic schedule, we’re rarely able to eat at home. Even though we try to eat healthy outside, but it’s really different from eating at home.

When I was done preparing, it was 30 minutes to 8, so I decided to take a quick shower before calling Eunhyuk.

“Where are you?” I asked

“I’m walking home. I’ll be home in 5 minutes.” I could hear him smiling as he said that.

“See you in 5 minutes. Love you.” I said before we hung up. I went up to prepare the water for his bath. Just as I turned off the tap, I heard the jingling of keys and the closing of the door. Eunhyuk is home.

“Welcome home!” I greeted him as he pulled me into a hug.

“You prepared dinner?” He looked really surprised.

“It’s nothing much. I’ve prepared the bath for you. After you’re done we can have dinner.” I said as I took his back and placed it on the couch.

“Ok. Thank you dear.” He said, kissed me on the forehead before heading to the shower.

When he came out from the shower, I served the meat before we started grilling the meat. I was glad I bought more because when dinner was over, everything was swept off the table. We cleaned the table before I went to cut the fruits and he washed the dished.

“All my favourite.” He smiled.

After he was done with the dishes, he took the plate of fruits to the living room as both of us sat in front of the television enjoying our time alone.

“Why are you home so early today?”Eunhyuk asked as he stuffed the strawberries in his mouth as if someone is going to steal them away.

“Soobin let me off early. I guess she wants to spend some time with Donghae.” I said and he smiled really awkwardly with his mouth entirely full.

“Did Soobin look happy when she told you?” He asked as he swallowed down the first batch of strawberries after he successfully chewed them all.

“She was as calm as always but I know she is. Did Donghae tell you about this?” I asked.

“He didn’t I heard it first from you. Maybe he’s too happy to remember about me.” He joked as he offered me a strawberry.

I wanted to take it but he pulled his hand away. I tried again, but he pulled away again. He motioned me to open my mouth and when I did, he placed the strawberry into my mouth, feeding me. When we were done with the fruits, I went up to our room and lay down on the bed. I was really tired. I was about to fall asleep when I felt someone carrying me. I know it was Eunhyuk, but I opened my eyes and looked at him. He didn’t notice I was awake. He lay me down on the right side of the bed and tucked me in. I closed my eyes, feeling really blissful now. I could not believe I had found such a good husband.

“Good night my love.” He said as he pecked lightly on my forehead.

“You’ve worked hard today. Thank you for doing so much.” He said as he my hair softly before leaving the room, turning off the light as he walked out.

When he left, I opened my eyes and look at the closed door. I stood up and opened it slightly to see Eunhyuk walking down the steps really slowly, like he was deep in thought. I wanted to go out to ask him what was wrong, but his phone rang.

“Donghae. What’s up!” He said in a cheerful voice.

“I heard from my wife. Are you happy?” He said. I walked out to the edge of the steps to look at him speaking to Donghae through the phone while he sat on the couch.

“Soobin is a great girl. The both of you are born to be together. So go get ready for the wedding you have always been waiting for.” He smiled.

I looked at him from the steps and realise how great a guy he is. Not saying I didn’t think he was great before, but now, when I look at him from afar and in silence, I could not believe I was to be able to meet him, to be able to love him and have him to love me back.

End of Haemin’s POV