C5

Forever Siblings

Soo Ah lied down back on her bed. To be more precise, hospital’s bed. That’s right; Soo Ah is in hospital right now. She turned her head to a patient that also lying next to her. Both of them shared the same room. Soo Ah walk down from her bed and sit on a chair near the patient. She grabbed the tanned hand, and massages it.

“lily-ah, please wake up soon. It’s hurting me to see you like this. I’m sorry that you went out from the house because of me. I just want to let you know that I never force you to accept the offer. I don’t mind at all because from the start, you have nothing to do with Morning Call. Please wake up soon my dear. I miss you” with that, she kissed Lily’s cheek and moves to her bed again and closed her eyes. Perhaps she is going to sleep.

Few hours later, the door of the room is opened from outside. Najung and Hyerim enter the room soundlessly. They don’t want both patients to wake up. However, it is impossible for Soo Ah. Since she is a light sleeper, she can wake up easily. Soo Ah is awake and getting up.

“Err, Unnie, you should not wake up.” Hyerim said

“No-No. It’s okay. Plus I fell asleep few hours before. So, did you guys ready?”

“Unnie, are you sure that you can walk in this state? You are still weak and your face is pale. I suggest that you get some rest more. There’s nothing to be rush.” Najung speaks.

“No. I’m okay right now. Let’s just go back. We need to prepare a lot for tomorrow”

Hyerim and Najung both are shocked. They thought that Soo Ah going to stay at the hospital until tomorrow.

“You are coming with us? Why don’t you just sleep here? “Hyerim asked

Soo Ah shook her head and a weak smile appeared on her face. “I want to rest at home”

“But-“

“HOME!”

“Owh. Okay, okay. I’ll inform the nurse.” Najung said.

Hyerim then help Soo Ah get down from her bed. Packing some of her personal stuff and guide her to the door. Soo Ah turned to Lily for a while then to a plastic bag hanged next to Lily, full of blood that is connected to Lily’s back palm through a tube. Now, Lily and she share the same blood. Lily’s blood now mixed with hers. Soo Ah and Hyerim then walked out from the room. It was midnight.

HOSPITAL

Lily opens her eyes and closed it back when she felt that the light comes from the fluorescent lamp is hurting her eyes. She opens it back. Her surrounding is different to her.

‘Where am I?’ ‘I’m hungry’. Lily keep monologue to herself. As she keeps thinking, a nurse enters the room and gives a smile when she noticed that Lily is awake.

“Annyeonghaseyo Lily-ssi. How do you feel right now?”

“Urmm, my body feel weak and I’m hungry right now”

“Oh, okay. The doctor will come later and I’ll ask her when you can eat.”

As the nurse finished her talk, a doctor and another nurse appeared in the room. She moves near to Lily’s bed and do some check-up to Lily. “it seems that you are getting much better. Perhaps you are having a sweet dream when you sleep just now?” she asked Lily as she’s done with the checking.

“hehe. It’s kind of a sweet dream. But, what happened to me actually? Why am I here?”

“owh, your friends didn’t tell you?”

“My friends?”

“Yup. Your friend who has donated her blood to you was placed in the same room with you. I mean here.” She then turned to the 1st nurse who keeps waiting next to her. “Where is the patient?”

“I have no idea at all. I’ll go and check at the reception”

‘DONATE-HER-BLOOD’ these three words makes Lily shocked. She doesn’t understand what the doctor is saying. “I-I-I don’t understand. Can you explain?’’

“Maybe the nurse can explain to you since I’ve got to go. I’ll inform you when you can discharge later. Have a good day Lily-ssi” with that the doctor and 2nd nurse leaves the room.

“Seems like your friend leave the hospital. Well, Lily-ssi, you were involved in an accident last night and you lose a lot of blood. We try to contact your relatives but we have no idea which one is your relatives because if I’m not mistaken, you are not Korean right?’’ she asked as she enter the room again.

“Ah, yes. I’m not a Korean.” Lily answer.

“We’ve called one of your contact lists. She came here last night and it was a coincidence that both of you shares the same blood group. AB. We didn’t have sufficient supplies for that type of blood in this hospital, so we need another donor and one of your friends donates hers.’’  Said the nurse and she are getting ready to leave the room.

“May I know her name, nurse?’’

“Err; I need to ask the doctor first since that information is considered as private and confidential. If there’s nothing else, you should rest now. The food will be sent later. Have a nice day”

 SM BUILDING

“Nah, I’ve been thinking all night when we will be able to come here again.” Says Hyerim

Both Najung and SooAh give her not a sweet but a bitter smile. Soo Ah grabs both Najung and Hyerim’s hand. She squeezes it lightly. “I just want to let you guys know that whatever happen, I’ll never forget you guys. No matter where and what I’ll be in the future.” She said.

“Unnie, don’t say like that. I’ll never forget you guys too. We have been spending a lot of time together. It is impossible for me to erase all these memories.” It is Najung’s turn.

“Yeah. Me too. Now, let’s go and settle all these ASAP. We need to visit Lily later.” Hyerim ends their conversation and three of them walked in to the building. Without they realizes, there’s someone eavesdropping their conversation.

MEETING ROOM

A number of director, leader for each group of artist under SMEnt , and few of managers along with Morning Call members, gather in the meeting room. The surrounding is all in tensed condition. Nobody wants to start the meeting.

“So, I think that everyone here already know why we gather in this room. It’s the important day for Morning Call. Either they are going to be disbanding before debut or they will debut.” one of the main directors spoke.

Everyone still remain silence even after the director finished his talk. No one is expecting this going to happen. Again, the same director speak, “So, Soo Ah-ssi, as we have discussed yesterday, have you found a new member?”

Now, all attention is focused on Soo Ah. Hyerim and Najung keep lowered down their sight on the table. Soo Ah took a deep breath before she answers the director. “Aneyo. I’m very sorry but I couldn’t find someone that willing to accept the offer. I’m sorry and I’m very sorry.” Soo Ah kept saying sorry even though everyone knows that there’s nothing to be apologized. It’s not her fault at all. Jenny is the main cause here.

SNSD Taeyeon who sat next to Soo Ah rubs Soo Ah’s back lightly. Taeyeon knows that Soo Ah kept asking for forgiveness not because she sad that she unable to find the new member, it is because she felt sorry to the other two; Najung and Hyerim. Taeyeon also felt sorry toward them because she couldn’t do anything to help them. She did try to recruit other trainees but no one is interested. It is due to the contract.

All of the directors in the meeting room stare to each other. There are also some of them who whispering to each other. The silences come again to conquer the room. They remain like that until the same director who spoke earlier, voice out his voice again.

“It is hard for me to say this. But, it is already been agreed. I feel like I’m destroying the Morning Call’s member’s life. Before I announce that, I just want to say some words of appreciation to Morning Call members. I know that three of you are the most potential trainees, the most loveable trainees. You guys might think that I’m lying right now, but it is not. It is the truth. I already asked other trainees, seniors and staffs, all of them said the same thing. If I have the power, I will terminate the contract but I’m unable to do that because other people will think it is unfair. What’s the purpose of signing the contract if it can be terminated any time? What we, the directors afraid most is, other trainees will take advantages on the termination. They might think that in the future, it is not a big deal if any contract that already been sign, to be cancelled. So, I’m very sorry to announce that the Morning Call project is cancelled, and anyone who involved in the project need to leave this company. I’m sorry but this is written in the contract.”

The director then leaves the room as he finished his words and followed by other directors. Now, left in the room are TVXQ , SUPER JUNIOR Leeteuk, SNSD Taeyeon, EXO Suho and Kris, f(x) Luna, SHinee Onew. Taeyeon and Luna went to hug Najung and Hyerim since these two are crying the moment all the directors left. Soo Ah stood up as Yunho is approaching her without her realizing. She then leaves the room in hurry. Everyone was shocked by her sudden action. Leeteuk then moves to Najung and Hyerim.

“Don’t cry anymore. I know it’s hard for you guys but right now I think that Soo Ah needs you guys. Go and calm her down. She thinks that it is her fault. We’ll try to talk to the directors if there’s anything that can be suggested.” Leeteuk said.

Yunho and the others nodded. “Company will try the best to suggest three of you to other company. I’ll support all of yours application.” Yunho said.

Najung and Hyerim went out to look for Soo Ah. Then, one by one they leave the meeting room.