Happiness

Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[WARNING : BORING ONE SHOT AHEAD]

 

The loud ringing alarm made someone’s peaceful sleep disturbed. She was in the midst of having a very good dream when the annoying sound started intruding her. Squinting her eyes, she reached for her phone and switched her alarm off. A smile plastered on her lips upon reading her alarm title.

 

‘Home♥’

 

Yes. Home. She’ll be going home very soon.  Chanting the word ‘home’ soothes her heart and she could already feel butterflies in her stomach because of her excitement. She has done packing her stuffs last night so she just had to get ready before leaving.

 

Still feeling lazy, she decided to check her Twitter. And she saw him tweeted a few minutes ago.

 

“What is happiness? We Big Bang may need "," as well.. great memories with great friends.. Goodnight everyone. Be happy.”

 

Then her phone gave her notification, informing that she received a direct message.

 

“Babe.. I miss you :(”

 

That simple message made her smile. Jiyong can be so corny sometimes. He can always text her why does he need to tell her through DM? And so she then began tapping her phone, replying to his message.

 

“I miss you too. How are you? Did you just woke up or you haven’t slept yet?”

 

“He he he he..”

 

His simple reply made her rise her brow. She then tapped her screen some more, replying to him.

 

“You haven’t slept yet, uh? Tsk, nappun Jiyong! +.+”

 

“I can’t sleep. It feels different here…”

 

“Waeyo? Philippines is really nice!”

 

“I know.. it’s just that…”

 

Jiyong’s hanging message made her curious that she couldn’t help but to ask.

 

“What?”

 

This time it took a while for him to reply. But after five minutes he was still not responding, she assumed he fell asleep already. She was about to enter the shower room when her phone gave her another notification.

 

“It feels different because you’re not here with me ㅋㅋ”

 

Once again his reply made her smile. ‘Aigoo this guy is really good in making me smile like a fool,’ she thought.

 

“Aigoo +.+ We’ll see each other soon so don’t worry okay!”

 

“How is your fever? Are you okay already? :(”

He was being super cheesy earlier and now he’s concerned about her. She was feeling so homesick, missing Philippines so much that it affected her health. And a few days ago 2NE1 had to travel to Japan for a concert,  he strongly forbid her from going but she insisted that he can’t say anything anymore.

 

Dara can be super stubborn at times and it worries Jiyong a lot, and since her energy depletes very fast he was always worried about her. He even went to Japan just to check on her and his concerned hiked up when he found out she was getting worse. Then when he had to leave for Taiwan he couldn’t even hide his worried expression, making him look like a grumpy ahjussi at the airport. He’s a stupid liar afterall.

 

“I’m fine already, thank you. Sorry for making you go to Japan before when you had a concert to do in Taiwan. T.T We didn’t even talk properly that day ><  Ya, go to sleep, you need to get enough rest. Goodbam~ ”

 

Dara glanced at time and she realized she had been lazing around for too long already. She jumped off of the bed and headed to the shower, refreshing herself. It was almost 6AM when she decided to update her status.

 

“Magandang umaga sa inyong lahat~!!! ang aga ko nagising!!! Have a nice day! :)” (Good morning everyone~!!! I woke up so early!!! Have a nice day! :))

 

And after exchanging a few more tweets with her Filipino friends, she was welcomed by someone’s knock on the door. The door opened slightly, letting Dara see who it was.

 

“Are you ready? Jjangmae’s smiling face greeted her.

 

Dara flashed her sweet smile, nodding her head. “Neh. Should we go now?”

 

“We’re actually late already, we should be rushing now,” he said.

 

Hearing that, Dara panicked for a moment. She cursed herself inwardly for getting too preoccupied exchanging messages with Jiyong earlier. “Alright, let’s go!” she cheered, clapping her hands excitedly.

 

Dara was already at the airport, waiting for the time to check in. finally, she’s coming home. She’ll be in the Philippines in a few hours. Not even anyone knew about her surprise arrival except for her members.  Her thoughts went back to the day she arrived from Japan a few days before, and she was called into YG’s office.

 

She was already preparing herself to get a lot of scolding from her boss, as she foresees he wasn’t satisfied with any of her performances lately.

 

“Neh, sajangnim?” She said after entering the office. That place sure gives her chills every single time.

 

“Sit down, Sandara,” he said stoically. Dara abide, biting her lower lip as she tried not to look nervous in front of her boss. “Tell me, how are you feeling? Are you okay?” he began asking.

 

Dara gulped hearing those. He was just asking about her health but it felt like he was about to strangle her already. “I’m fine, sajangnim,” she answered with her head hung low.

 

 “I heard you’re sick? Why are you so pale??” he asked again.

 

And she fell silent upon hearing that. “I’m fine, sajangnim, don’t worry about me. It’s just that I’m a bit tired these days,” she lied. She couldn’t tell she misses her second home, could she?

 

“Are you sure?”

 

She nodded, assuring her boss not to worry anything.

 

“Well since you’re tired, why don’t you take a break? Go back to the Philippines maybe?”

 

Her eyes sparkled upon hearing her boss mentioning Philippines. She couldn’t even believe what she just heard. “I beg your pardon, boss?”

 

“You’ve heard me,” he said shortly and she got what he meant. He didn’t want to repeat twice. “Go home one day before BIGBANG’s concert and have fun there. Maybe you can even tour them around since you’re familiar with the places there.

 

“Are you sure sajangnim??” Dara still couldn’t believe it’s finally happening.

 

“Or you want me to take that back?” he looked at her, flashing his joker-like smile. She quickly shook her head, making YG chuckle in amusement.  “Then don’t let me repeat myself. You’re free to go now,” he dismissed their meeting. Dara bowed to him, thanking with all her heart.

 

She was about to exit when YG suddenly said something. “Dara-yah, don’t let the boys know you’re going or else they’d go berserk. ESPECIALLY Jiyong,” he told her. She understood and immediately nodded her head, understanding his order.

 

The airport’s announcement pulled Dara back to her trance. She realized she has been spacing out too much already. She let her eyes wander around, examining her surroundings. The airport is still empty, as it’s still early in the morning. ‘Bye Korea. I’ll be back later.’

 

After hours of sitting in the plane, she has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter