Their first meeting

Melting the icy heart of the black pearl

 

Yuri opened her eyes slowly and was welcomed by the sight of a white, unfamiliar ceiling. She placed her palm on her forehead and tried hard to recall what had happened earlier on.
 
"You're awake." A warm, deep voice rang at the doorway. Yuri sat up immediately and looked at the stranger cautiously.
 
"Who are you?" An emotionless voice came out of Yuri's mouth.
 
"I'm Jay Kim, some call me JK, some call me joker. But for you, if you're willing, you can call me granddad." The middle aged man said with a grin.
 
"I didn't ask for your name. I asked who you are." Yuri replied bluntly.
 
The man raised his eyebrows, clearly shocked at Yuri's reaction. He recovered from his shock very quickly and shot Yuri an admiring look.
 
"I like that. You have guts. No one had ever got the guts to speak to me this way, you're the first. When I saw you lying in a pile of blood on the road, your face extremely emotionless, I knew you were the person I was looking for. Now I know I'm right." He had a broad smile on his face, and Yuri somehow got mesmerized by that smile. Her dad used to have a smile similar to this one. Although the smile gave her a dangerous feeling, it still gave her a sense of warmth.
 
"And to answer your question," he continued, "I'm the ruler of the black world." This time, his voice had lost much of the previous warmth, and was replaced by an authoritative tone.
 
Yuri's eyes widened as she heard his reply. She'd expected him to be somebody, but not...this big a somebody.
 
"So...you agree on being my granddaughter?" His tone returned to the previous warm and fatherly tone.
 
Yuri went into deep thoughts, and after a while, she nodded her head. She needed her revenge, and this was just the perfect way to get it.
 
"Very well. From today onwards, your will be known as Yuri Kim." Yuri shot him a surprised look and he immediately understood. "I'm joker, I can find out anything I want, do you think your name would be that hard for me to find out? Anyway, I'll send you off for training soon, but before that, I'll introduce you to my grandson, Soohyun." He led her out of the room to the parlor, and it was then she realized how big the house was. It was as big and grand as a palace, and gave her a very mysterious feeling. The whole place gave her a very emotionless feeling, as she looked around and noticed all the stony expression on all the maids and butlers face.
 
"Just the right place for me." She thought.
 
"Yuri, this is Soohyun. Soohyun, this is Yuri." Yuri woke up from her thoughts and looked at the guy she was being introduced to.
 
Yuri's POV
He was very alike his grandfather, giving me a very warm yet authoritative feeling. He looked really good though, his eyes were dark blue and it felt like you would get lost in another world just by looking at his eyes. Somehow, he managed to melt my cold protective layer I had. Deep down in my heart, he had already took up a special place, and I had already recognized him as my big brother.
 
Soohyun's POV
The girl in front of me gave me a very different feeling as other girls gave me. She was special. She wasn't interested in me like how the girls in school were, in fact, her cold stares on me gave me chills. What exactly did she go through, to have such a big effect on her, to such an extent that her eyed were emotionless. She was still so young, probably around 7, 8 years old? Although I'm not that old either, but from the first moment I saw her, I'd already told myself that I would give the icy heart of hers some warmth. I had the urge to protect her no matter what, and would do anything to make her smile again.