chapter 3

Separate Ways

A/N : This is just a very short update. Mianhe~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

                                     "Dara.."- TOP said. The three boys just stayed quietly behind their back. It has been 15 minutes since they went out to the garden. Dara has been really quiet and it bothered the boys.

 

                                        "Hmmm?" Dara said. She looked back on them since awhile ago she's facing the fishpond at the center of the garden.

 

                                           "You know it's okay to cry.." Tae said. The other just nodded their head. She smiled at them.

 

                                          "Ke ke ke.. Don't worry guys.. I'm okay, it's okay. Hmm, all I need is a hug.." She opened her arms and the four boys hugged her.. They were all in that position when someone coughed. They were all startled to find Jiyong looking intently at them.

 

                                      No words are needed. The four boys left the two. "Hyung, don't be a jerk anymore. Don't hurt noona. Please tell her now.." Seungri said as he was passing by Jiyong. Among the four boys, Seungri is the closest to her. As soon as it was just the two of them, he immediately crossed the distance between him and Dara. He hugged her tightly..

 

                                      "Dara i'm sorry.." he said.. "I know you deserve some explanation but I just can't give it to you now. I'm really sorry.."

 

                                        "It's okay Jiyong.. It's okay.." she said. She can't help it anymore. Her tears are already falling..

 

                                      "I'm sorry if I have to choose her instead of you to be my date. It's hard for me too, it's hard to choose.." Dara broke their hug. She smiled sweetly at him and caressed his face. Tears are still falling.

 

                                  "Jiyong, you know that I love you right? I don't like it when you're having a hard time. I don't like feeling a burden to you. I don't like it how I feel insecure with Sohee. I don't like this kind of feeling. I don't want you to feel hard on choosing. I don't want you to choose. So yeah, uhm, I really love you okay? It's just that I think I have to do this. I think I must give you time and space.." Dara said. She's trying hard not to take back her words.

 

                                   "But.. Babe.. No.. Please don't.." he said. "I promise to tell you everything but not now.. Don't do this. I promise i'll make it up to you.. Just don't do this.."

 

                                           "Jiyong.. How many times do you have to promise? You know that you always break those promises. Do you want me to get hurt more?" she smiled bitterly.

 

                                           "No! I don't want to hurt you. I have no intention of hurting you. You know how much I love you that it pains to see you crying like this.."

 

                                      She laughed, "You don't have the intention but still i'm crying. I'm still hurt. I thought we are going to be happy once we become a couple. I thought our love for each other is enough. I understand that some of the promises are meant to be broken, it's just that this is too much. I can't handle it anymore Jiyong. Every time you make a promise my hope gets high. I get so ecstatic but I always end up crying. I'm afraid I can't say i'm okay because i'm not. Please Jiyong, let me be. I don't want to get hurt by you anymore. I don't know if my love for you will be enough to stay. You've choosen Sohee for many times already. I pity myself everytime you choose her over me. Who am I to you Jiyong? Who is Sohee to you?" She said. She can't help it anymore. Sadness is filling her up.

 

                                            "Dara.." Jiyong don't know what to say. He didn't know that Dara has been feeling this way. Is it time to tell her that Sohee is dying? Is it time to tell her that Sohee needs him because she have leukemia? Yes. Maybe it's time. "You don't know Dara how it hurts me too everytime I can't make it to our dates. I hate myself everytime I hear you say it's okay because I know you're not. Maybe it's time I let you know why I always choose her. Dara, she have leukemia. She needs me more than you do. She's dying. Her parents asked me to take care of her until the day she leaves this world. Sohee asked me to keep this as a secret but knowing that you're going to break up with me, i think I must say this already to you. I am hoping that you'll understand. Dara, don't break up with me. Please.." Jiyong pleadingly said. Dara can't move. She didn't know how to react. Sohee have leaukemia? What the? So that's the reason why he's always choosing her.

 

                                               "Why didn't you tell me? If you told me this a long time ago, I should have broken up with you earlier.."

 

                                               "Broken up with me earlier? What do you mean?"

 

                                            "It's you who told me that Sohee needs you more than I do. I agree to that. I'm still thankful that I have enough time in this world. I don't want to take her happiness away from her knowing that any minute now she's going to die. Jiyong, we must go on our separate ways. She needs you.."

 

                                                 "But what about me? What about us? I need you.." Jiyong said. His tears are now falling too.

 

                                                 "I love you Jiyong and I need you too but I have to this. You have other things that you must prioritize first and unfortunately i'm not one of them. If you can give me the time and attention that I've always dreamed of then maybe, just maybe we can be together. I love you Jiyong and i'm gonna miss you.. " with that, she walked away with a heavy heart. She didn't turn around to look at him because if she did, she might take back all the things she have said..