chapter 2

Separate Ways

 

 

 

                                    After hours of waiting, Dara decided to just go home. She was soaking wet and tired. Her mom was supposed to ground her for coming home really late but she got worried about her current state so she just let it pass. Dara didn't even ate, she just went straight to her room and took a quick shower before crying her heart out. When she looked at her mobile, there's a text message from him telling her that he can't come and he was sorry. She just replied again 'it's okay.' The next morning, when she came to school, her eyes is so puffy and she was a really a mess to look at. When Sohee stood by her at the caffeteria, she felt insecured. She was tall while she is petite. She's pretty while she's just a so-so. She was about to turn her back on Sohee but she held her wrist so she looked at her..



                                   "Hey.. You're Dara right? The new girl of Jiyong?" she asked her. Dara just smiled at her and nod.



                                    "Is there something I can do for you?" Dara asked her kindly..



                                     "Ooh.. I just want to say sorry if Jiyong didn't make it to your supposedly date yesterday.." Dara looked at her bewildred. How did Sohee know about their supposed to be date?



                                              "Hmmm, may I ask if how did you know about that?" Dara asked.



                                           "Omooo! Jiyong didn't told you? He was with me last night. You see, during our practice for the cheering squad competition, I suddenly sprained my ankle so I couldn't walk properly. He stayed with me at my apartment to help me. I thought he told you already.. I'm sorry.." Dara bit her lips trying to fight back her tears. She just smiled again at Sohee and said 'It's okay..' She bid her goodbye then hurriedly walked away.. She went to their music room and played the song she composed for Jiyong. Lately, it has been her favorite..

 

                                                During their prom night was the very last event that Jiyong broke her heart. That was also the last time she said "it's okay" to him. She was deeply hurt by what he did. That was the first time Jiyong witnessed her cry but she still managed to say "it's okay..".. They were supposed to be going to the prom venue together since they are the date of each other. One week before the prom, the two of them already bought their matching prom dress and suit. Dara was so excited that she can't even sleep properly. During the prom night, she was busy preparing when  Jiyong called. She thought he's on the way to their house already..

 

                                               "Babe.." he said sadly. There is a sudden tug in her heart indicating that something bad might happen but she tried to ignore it.

 

                                                  "Yes babe?"

 

                                                  "Sorry I can't come.."

 

                                                 "Oh it's okay, I can go there by myself. Let's just meet there arasso?"

 

                                        "No babe..I mean, I can't attend the prom tonight. Something came up. Sorry.." Ouch. It took her minutes to answer back..

 

                                                 "Oooh.. It's okay.. I'm not feeling well anyways so I won't attend the party anymore.." I heard him sigh.." Jiyong.. I love you okay?"

 

                                                 "I'm really sorry Dara..I love you too..I'll hung up okay?" He said and before hunging up. Is it just me or did I hear the voice of Sohee at the background? Maybe it's just my imagination. I couldn't cry anymore. There's no tears to shed. I went downstairs telling mom I won't go anymore. She asked if I'm okay to which I just said yes. She went upstair and changed her clothes.. She just played her guitar until she heard knocks on her door and when she opened it, she found her mom smiling sweetly at her. She let her in and they have their usual mother-daughter talk..

 

                                                 "Sweetie what's wrong? Are you and Jiyong fighting?"

 

                                                 "No mom. We're okay. It's just that something came up and he couldn't come.." I said while hugging the rilakumma that Jiyong gave to me..

 

                                                  "And because he wouldn't come you don't want to go too?"

 

                                                "Hmmm, yeah?"

 

                                                "Sweetie, it's your last prom tonight. After this you wouldn't be attending any prom because you'll be in college.. You've been very excited about this since you were a child. You kept on dreaming of a happy prom.. Come on sweetie, change your clothes and attend the party. Be happy even if Jiyong is not there. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if he knows you're sulking here.."

 

                                               "But mom, everyone there have their dates and I don't have.." Dara said bitterly..

 

                                                        "Who said you don't have?" she smiled sweetly and looked outside my window.. I looked outside too and found TOP, Taeyang, Seungri and Daesung outside waving at me. They are Jiyong's bandmates and they somehow became close to me. She saw her dad told the guys to come in. Her mom told her too to change her clothes. Instead of the dress she's supposed to wear, her mom gave her a cute black dress. (A/N: I'm not good at drescribing this dress. Sorry.) She looked really pretty in it. When she went down, the boys were in awe with their jaws dropped. They told her that they don't have a date so they think it would be nice if Dara have four escorts. She was amused b the boys and thankful that they want her to be their date. When they arrived, all eyes where on them. Everyone were admiring Dara. Minutes after they came, a couple arrived too getting a lot attention from the crowd. Everyone couldn't believe it. They were a perfect looking couple. The people around them were looking at Dara and at the two who just came. It was Jiyong and Sohee. The four boys stood beside Dara with TOP holding her hands. Jiyong didn't saw them but Sohee did. She waved at them and that's the time Jiyong saw Dara. He looked shocked. Sohee walked towards Dara and kissed her cheeks..

 

                                                      "Hi Dara. You look good! I'm sorry if Jiyong is with me and not you. Something just came up and we thought we couldn't come but the situation ended well so here we are.." she said then looked at the four boys. She smiled sweetly at them but the boys just glared at her and looked angry at Jiyong.

 

                                                             "Dara. I'm...." he said.. She didn't wait for him to finish what he's going to say..

 

                                                              "It's okay.. Enjoy the prom.." She started walking away..

 

                                                        "I didn't know you can be a J.E.R.K." Taeyang said and the four of them followed Dara. Everyone was silent. Most of them feeling sad for Dara.