Chapter 1

Separate Ways

 

 

 

                              It's been a year since Dara, a plain girl next door became the girlfriend of the hottest guy in their school. During their first few months, they were so happy and became the cutest couple. Every girl envied Dara, who wouldn't? She is just a plain nobody until Jiyong, the hot vocalist of the school band Bigbang, suddenly confessed to her in the middle of their performance. Everyone was shocked even Dara. Since she thought that he is not serious about her, she rejected him causing for the crowd to be in the state of shock. After that day, she started getting hate from all the girls admiring Jiyong. She became the center of gossips. She really thought that Jiyong is not serious about her since he didn't even show his face after the confession.

 

                                                  After a week of ruckus in her life, he started showing up. He tried to explain that he needed to fly to their hometown since his mom got ill. Of course she believe that and who the hell is she to be mad? She even told him that no explanation is needed since they are not even a couple. The next succeeding days, he started pursuing her again. He would always wait for her outside their room even if it takes him one hour just because he wants to walk her home. He also told the girls who keeps on bugging her to stop doing cruel things to her. He studied how to bake because he found out that Dara loves chocolate muffins. He would call her in the morning just to say "Good Morning and I love you" to which Dara will just reply "Good morning too." Yes, she loves him already but she's afraid on what the outcome would be.

 

                                                One time, Dara heard a group of girls gossiping about Sohee, the girl who seems to be a part time model and a transferee to their school. She learned that she is Jiyong's ex-girlfriend and her only reason why she transferred to their school is because she wants Jiyong back. Dara got afraid so she called Jiyong telling him to meet her at the newly opened coffee shop. When she arrived, Jiyong is already there. He smiled sweetly at her. They talked first about many things while sipping a hot coffee until Dara brought up the reason why she invited him. Wanna know the reason? Hmmm. I'm sure you guessed it already. She finally said her sweetest YES. He was so happy that he carried her to the air. The people around just smiled at the two young lovebirds. The way he hugged her made her feel secured and that day, she branded him as her's and she as his own. No Sohee can bring them apart.

 

                                              But just like in any other relationships, misunderstanding can never be avoided. It was always her who tries to understand his situation and she would always lower her pride for them to be okay. He would make promises that will turn out to be broken. Just like what happened during Dara's supposed to be recital. She composed the song that she's going to perform for Jiyong. It was supposed to be a surprise so she asked him to be present during her recital. He promised that he will come so minutes before her performance, she keeps on texting and calling him, asking where he is. But he won't reply and he won't answer her calls. She performed that night not wholeheartedly. She was so upset that she even mess up during her performance. At the backstage, everyone tried to cheer her up but she just cried. After an hour, Jiyong came panting. No one is there except her, sitting in the center of the stage and playing a happy lullaby with the grand piano. He sat beside her and said sorry but she just smiled and said it's okay. Jiyong didn't even know that the song she performed was composed for him. Another event that Jiyong broke her heart is during their sixth monthsary. They were supposed to meet at the Namsan Tower for their date. It was Jiyong who asked for that date. Dara was so happy because she's been bugging him to bring her there. The ambiance of the tower is so romantic that she thought Jiyong set up a romantic date for the two of them. When she arrived, Jiyong is still not there. He called and told her that he will be late for 15 minutes and she still told him that it's okay and she'll wait. That fifteen minutes became 1 hour to 2 hours to 3 hours to 4 hours. She tried calling him but his phone is out of reach. She didn't leave the place she's staying even if the cold weather is killing her. There were still a few couples there until one by one they left. She bought hot coffee from the coffee machine to keep her warm. She doesn't want to leave thinking that Jiyong would still come until she already feels sleepy. She looked around only to find the 6 used cups of coffee that she has consumed. She was tired already and with that, her tears started falling just along with the rain. All she can say is "It's okay. Maybe something came up. It's okay."