Coffee Cups.

Coffee Cups.

Tao woke up slowly, his brain coming to life before his body did. With a groan, he opened his eyes, only for the groan to stop as soon as he saw who still contently asleep beside him. Beside him was his boyfriend, Baekhyun, who he met last summer in the middle of a rainy day. Both without an umbrella, they decided to take refuge under the closest bus shelter. There they spent their time getting to know each other, learning each others hobbies, what each other do for a living, and they also learnt what each others phone numbers were. 

Tao smiled, and glided his fingers accross his boyfriends cheek. He always admired Baekhyuns complexion. How his cheeks were a little plump, how his nose ran down his face and ended like a button, how his ears were slightly larger then Tao's own, but how they fit him so perfectly. And last of all, Tao loved his eyes. They too were also larger then Tao's, their colour a rich brown, making his eyes impossible not to get lost in. Tao wondered how he got such a perfect man. 

Tao suddenly pulled a frown, as Baekhyun started to stur beside him. Tao loved Baekhyun, but he wasn't too keen on him in the mornings. He was fine, however, after he his morning cup of black coffee. But that meant getting out of bed, and that was always Baekhyuns barrier.

"Morning, Baek," Tao whispered, continuing to run his fingers up and down Baekhyuns cheeks, hoping to take at least a fraction of Baekhyuns grumpiness away. 

"Uh, morning, sweetheart," He mumbled in response, rubbing his eyes and blinking furiously. His face soon set into a deep frown after he'd woken up a little bit. Tao knew the routine from here, although he'd often wonder why Baekhyun didn't put a coffee machine on his bedside table instead of a lampshade he rarely used. It'd only make the morning easier, for the both of them.

"I'll get you your coffee today, you seem a little drowzy" Tao swung his legs off the bed, plomping his feet onto the wooly carpet below. His ruffled his toes through it a little bit, giggling at the tickle it was creating on the bottom of his feet. Tao often forget how childish he could be - Baekhyun often forgot too.

"Are you going to get me my coffee? Or do i have to push you down the stairs to get you motivated enough?"

Tao felt light prodding on his back, indicating that Baekhyun wasn't too happy with Tao's pace. He's getting a little touchy.

"Alright, just hold on a second..." Tao jumped out of bed, not bothering to put his white bed shirt on before he exited the bedroom on his way to the kitchen. Baekhyun will only moan that i'm wasting time that could be used making coffee.

Tao hopped down the stairs, careful not to trip down them like he usually does, even after months of living in Baekhyuns place. He got to the bottom and turned right, making his way into the shared kitchen. He walked over to the coffee machine, and swiftly pulled the cup out the drainer from his left. He knew Baekhyun's order of making coffee almost as well as he knew himself. He had to, otherwise Baekhyun would be a very rotten man, and nobody wants a rotten Baekhyun. Nobody.

The coffee poured from the machine agonizingly slow, only making Tao's forehead a little sweaty. Hurry up, he wished, If i don't get the cup up there soon, the coffee will end up over me instead of in his stomach. The machine clicked, signalling that it was done with the job, and Tao grabbed the cup as quickly and as carefully as he could and rushed to the stairs. He walked faster then usual up them, but not to much to spill the sacred coffee.

Soon enough, Tao was in the bedroom again, making his way to his boyfriend with a cup of coffee. Tao sometimes thought Baekhyun loved his coffee more then him. Not even I can make him happy in the morning, but a cup of liquidized beans can.

Baekhyun smiled at his boyfriend as he brought the cup of coffee his way. Baekhyun was smiling more then usual today, because Tao rarely offers to make him coffee, even though it was his favourite. Tao didn't know of course, because Baekhyun knew that if he did Tao would make it every morning, which would then not make it as tasty. Tao always overdoes things.

"Thank you" Baekhyun giggled, as the cup of hot liquid finally making it's way into his hands. "You're very welcome" Came Tao's reply, and after a quick kiss on Baekhyuns forehead, Tao made his way back to his side of the bed and climbed in. Shuffling over onto Baekhyuns side after he was comfy, Tao rested his head on Baekhyuns shoulder as he sipped at his coffee delicately.

"You always make my black coffee's so well," Baekhyun commented, putting it down on the bedside table and turning his body to wrap himself into Tao. "You always make it with such love. It always tastes so much sweeter".

Tao blushed at Baekhyuns cheesy comment, although it filled him up with happiness inside. Tao closed his eyes and sighed, as Baekhyun started to slowly run his fingers through his black, messy hair.

"Well, Baek. That's because I only feel love for you. And plus, you love your coffee almost as much as you love me."