Making You Wait

Say You Love Me

The door of SNSD’s dorm open and there come Yoona and Donghae. He escorts her after their movie date, something that they treasure the most since they can’t often meet due to their heavy schedule.

“Oppa, thank you so much for tonight. I’m having a really really really good time with you.” Her face beams with happiness.

“You’re welcome, Yoong. I’m happy too and thank you for the super fun date tonight. I wish we could do it more often.” He said it with a slight pout on his face.

“Don’t say that oppa! You’re not the only one who feel that way, me too!”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry baby. Now go and have a nice sleep, you have a morning schedule tomorrow right?”

“Yeah. I think I’m going to sleep right away. You too, oppa. Call me when you arrive at your dorm and have a good rest.”

“Good night Yoona baby. Sweet dream, dream of me.” He said that with his playful smirk on his face before leaning to her for a kiss.

“You’re so mushy oppa! hahahaa, Good night oppa. I love you!”

“I love you too Yoong, bye!”

Yoona close the door and enter the living room with a big smile plastered on her face. Even people who don’t know what happen will know instantly that she just spent the best night of her life.

She walks inside the dorm happily that she doesn’t realize her surroundings. That’s why she was aghast to hear footsteps from the kitchen; she thought it was a ghost. Fortunately, it wasn’t a ghost; it was the footsteps from her beloved dongsaeng, Seohyun.

“Seohyuna! You surprised me!” Yoona let out a loud gasp.

“Yoona unnie! I’m sorry, I don’t mean to surprise you.”

“It’s okay Seohyuna. But I thought you’re already sleeping, what are you doing in the kitchen, moreover it’s already past your bedtime?” She walks with her to their sofa at the living room.

“I cannot sleep unnie. Changmin oppa just called me and now I can’t sleep. That’s why I make this hot chocolate. You want some, unnie?” She offers her glass to the older girl. Yonna accepts her glass and takes a sip of the drink.

“Emm, unnie, can I ask you something?” Seohyun suddenly ask her.

“Sure, what is that you want to ask Seohyuna?”

“Emm.. nothing! Just forget it unnie.” Yoona then sense something wrong with her dongsaeng. She knows that Seohyun wants to ask her something important but she is just to shy to ask.

“Eyyy just tell me. Don’t make me die of curiosity! What is it you want to ask?”

“Nothing important actually unnie.. I.. I just want to know… Do you.. Do you and Donghae oppa always say ‘I love you’ towards each other? I.. heard before that you exchange that words..” Seohyun then blush after she asks the question. Yoona can see her cheeks redden.

“Of course. Isn’t it common for a couple to say ‘I love you’?” Yoona asks her, confuse why she ask that kind of question.

“Yes.. Yes unnie, that’s a common word for a couple..”

“Why do you ask that question Seohyuna? Just don’t tell me… You and Changmin oppa never said ‘I love you’ to each other?”

Seohyun’s face blush even more. Her unnie can guess right through her heart.

“OH MY GOD SEOHYUNA! YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!” Yoona scream unconsciously after know this surprising fact about his dongsaeng and her boyfriend.

“SSSSHHH unnie, lower your voice or Taeyeon unnie will scold you for screaming in midnight!”

“Ups I’m sorry baby, but then that’s true right? You guys never exchange the word ‘I love you’ to each other? But how come? You and Changmin oppa are already in a relationship for almost a year. How come you guys never said the word?”

“I don’t know unnie. He once told me before we start the relationship, that he would show his love to his girlfriend is through action, not by words. And so far, his action only shows me that he really care for me. I know he likes me, and maybe he love me. But I can never be sure if he doesn’t tell me that.” Seohyun lets out a long sigh. Embarrassed by her silly thought.

“But he always said he like you right?” Yoona ask again, she become very curious with her dongsaeng’s love life.

“Only one time, when he ask me to be his girlfriend. After that, he never tells me that word again.”

“Gosh, Changmin oppa is so strange. I never thought something like this would happen to you. What could be the reason of this matter…. Ah! But how do you feel toward him Seohyuna? You like him or you love him?”

“Unnie, why do you ask that question?” Seohyun blush, her face is now as red as a tomato. “Just answer me you silly girl.”

“I-I-I… Yes I love him unnie..” she answer shyly. Seohyun can’t look at her unnie's face anymore, afraid that she will read her easily.

“You silly girl, Seohyuna. Then why don’t you say the word to him first?”

Seohyun chokes when she heard the suggestion. “EEEHH? Why me unnie?”

Yoona laugh at her reaction. “Listen Seobaby, if Changmin oppa never said that word, then you should say it first. You tell me that his action showing that he actually cares and love you right? Then don’t hesitate to tell him that you love him. Maybe he’s just to shy to say the word, so that’s why you should make a move first.”

“Isn’t that too straightforward unnie?”

“Of course not. Saying ‘I love you’ is very normal and nothing too straightforward. Just say the word to him naturally and see his reaction. I’m sure he will reply you with another ‘I love you’.” Yoona explain to her while poked her cheeks to .

“Now let’s sleep baby, we have a morning schedule today right?”

“Yes unnie, let’s go to sleep. Good night unnie.”

“Good night Seohyuna. Think about my suggestion okay.”

Seohyun enter her bedroom. She can’t sleep right away as she’s still thinking about her conversation with Yoona. Somehow Yoona is right. That Seohyun maybe should initiate to say the word ‘I love you’. With that thought, Seohyun lay herself on her bed and sleep.

 

Meanwhile at TVXQ’s dorm

“Honey, I’m already at my dorm now.. Yes, I’m going to clean up first and go to sleep. You too go to sleep baby. Okay, good night. I love you baby muah!”

Yunho just arrive at the dorm after finish his schedule and he just noticed his girlfriend. When he enters the living room, he is welcomed by changmin’s disgusted look.

“Eeeeww hyung, you’re so greasy! Eeeww.” Changmin tease his hyung still with his disgusted look.

“What’s so disgusted about that maknae? It’s normal for a couple to say some mushy word right? Unless you never say as simple as ‘I love you’ to your girlfriend, then that is abnormal.” Yunho shoots his back; make Changmin just silent.

“Don’t tell you never say love to Seohyun, Changminnie.” Yunho asks, straight to point as Changmin doesn’t retort his word.

“Yes, I never say that word to her hyung. Why? Is it that important?” Changmin asks innocently. Yunho rolls his eyes, he doesn’t know whether Changmin is pure innocent or stupid.

“That is important you stupid!” he slap his arms hard. “Ouch hyung that’s hurt! Why is that important? Why? I always showing her with my action that I do care for her and I love her. Words are not needed right?”

“Stupid maknae. You should know, that sometimes, words means thousands things. True, that your action will tell her that you love her. But you should know that girls need assurance through word. How would she know if you really love her if you never told her so? She can misinterpret your action, that’s why words are important. You better say the word to Seohyun soon, Minnie, before it’s too late. I’m pretty sure she’s also waiting for you to say it to her.”

Changmin keeps quiet. He silently thinks what Yunho has just said.

“Don’t thinking too long, just say it to her naturally. No need to be shy or embarrassed, both of you has been together for quiet sometime right? Just say it to her. Now let’s sleep. We’ll having a recording tomorrow morning right?”

“Okay hyung, thanks for your advice. I’ll sleep in a moment.”

Yunho then left Changmin in the living room. Changmin stays there for a while, thinking about his conversation with his hyung. True, he never says ‘I love you’ to Seohyun. It’s not like he doesn’t love her, hell he love her so much. He also doesn’t know why he never says it to her. A part of him thinks that action speaks love the best and a part of him is too shy to say that word to her, even though he really want to say it. Sometimes he envies his hyung or his friend who can say ‘I love you’ to their girlfriend easily. He wants to say that to Seohyun as well, but he just can’t.

But what his hyung said before snap a part of him. Maybe his hyung is right. Maybe he just need to be brave and bold and forget about the embarrassment and just say the word to her. Wait Seohyuna, I’ll say the word love to you soon. Just wait.

***

 

Changmin and Seohyun arrive at SNSD’s dorm. They finally meet after almost 2 weeks meet up through skype. Though it’s only a simple dinner, but both of them feel content. It’s hard to meet regularly and have a normal date like other people, but they never complain. Being able to meet like that, though only for a short time is enough for them. Being able to see each other’s face, held hands, hugs, is more than they could ask for.

Maybe this is the right time. I should say to Changmin oppa that I love him.

This is it Changmin. You’re the man, you should say the word to her. Don’t let her wait any longer.

Both of them are drown in their own thought when Seohyun opens the door of her dorm. Seohyun then turn her body to face him.

“Changmin oppa, thank you so much for tonight. I’m really happy.” Seohyun say with big smile on her beautiful face. Changmin can’t help but smile with her.

“You’re welcome baby, thank you too. I’m happy to meet you again.” He said while ruffles her hair. “Now don’t forget to clean up and go to sleep Seohyunie, you must be tired today.”

Silence envelope both of them before, “Oppa!” “Seohyunie!” both of them calls each other at the same time.

“Err you say first oppa.” “No, you first, Seohyunie. Lady first.”

“Emm okay….” Oh my god, here it is Seohyunie. Brace yourself, just say it casually.

“Changmin oppa, thank you again for tonight. I-I-I love you oppa” She said nervously. Her face is now as red as tomato.

Oh God finally I say the word to him. But why is he just keep quiet? Come on say something oppa…

Changmin’s mind becomes blank hearing those words coming from her plump lips. He doesn’t know what to do. Relax Changmin, just reply her. Just say ‘I love you too Seohyunie

“Emm thank you Seohyunie.” Changmin doesn’t know why his tongue betrays him. He mentally slaps his face, feel so stupid and idiot with his reaction. Moreover when he sees a hint of disappointment oh Seohyun’s eyes, he can't help but angry to himself.

Seohyun herself doesn’t know what to say.. She keeps quiet and trying hard to cover her disappointment. “Err… you’re welcome I guess, oppa.” that’s the only word she can manage to say.

“Okay I.. I think I have to go now. You should have a nice rest baby. Good night!” Changmin then left her dorm after quickly kiss her lips and hug her. Leaving Seohyun dumbfounded.

Seohyun enters her bedroom with her blank mind. She doesn’t know what to do or what to say. Clearly, his reaction is not the one that she’s expected. And clearly, her plan to make him says ‘I love you’ has turn into the biggest fail. She has so many negative thought on why her Changmin oppa doesn't reply her, but being a positive girl, she doesn’t want to think about it too much.

A part of her feels so relieve that she finally can say the word love to him. But a part of her also can’t help but disappointed with his reaction. And it seems that the latter takes a big part in her head and heart. Suddenly she feels so tired that she just lay herself on her bed and sleeps, not even bother to change her clothes.

***

 

“Hyung what happen? Did you fight with Seohyun?”

“Yeah hyung, your face looks bitter, what’s wrong?” Jonghyun and Minho asks Changmin once they see their leader’s face sulking. A moment before he excused himself with a bright face to call Seohyun, but he comes back with sulking face.

“So, does Seohyun still ignore you?” Kyuhyun asks him in a teasing tone.

“Yah! She never ignores me. She is just a little avoiding me..” Changmin’s face turns dark. Ever since that night, when he said ‘thank you’ instead of ‘I love you too’ to Seohyun, she start avoiding him. She doesn’t want to have a long phone talks, sometimes she just doesn’t pick her phone. She answers his message with short messages, she refuse to meet him with any possible reason she can make, and many more.

Changmin really understand the reason behind Seohyun’s behavior. After all, it was him who’s at fault for being so stupid.

“So hyung, what happen? Why does Seohyun avoiding you?” Jonghyun asks him again, too curious because he knows that Seohyun will never do that unless his hyung really make a big mistake.

“Stop it guys, I don’t want to talk about it.” Changmin tries to stir the conversation but his partner in crime cut him off.

“The truth is, your leader here, the leader of Kyuline, Shim Changmin, say ‘thank you’ when she said ‘I love you’. For the very first time in their 10 months relationship.”

“Geez thank you Kyuhyun for being my spoke-person.” “You’re very welcome buddy!” Kyuhyun just smirk seeing his best friend’s irritating face.

Jonghyun and Minho stay silent, before they look into each other’s eyes and burst into a laughter.

“BUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH”

“HYUNG ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT? HAHAHAHHAHAA”

“OH MY GOD HYUNG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND YOUR MIND HAHAHAHAHA”

Kyuhyun joins the laugh and it makes Changmin pissed even more. “Thanks guys for the encouraging words.”

“Ahahahah seriously hyung what is wrong with you? I mean ahahahaha how come you said that to her?” Minho asks while trying so hard to contain his laugh.

“Of course she would avoid you hyung, you hurt her pride. Ahahahah I’m sorry hyung but you are just really stupid there hahaha.” Jonghyun also laugh and both of the youngest finally earn a smack in the head from Changmin.

“Hey Changminnie, don’t be mad at them. I was thinking the same with Minho and Jonghyun. How could you say ‘thank you’ like that? It’s clear, she’s avoiding you because you hurt her pride and her feeling. She’s probably feeling so embarrassed because it was her who initiate to say the L word to you, for the first time in your relationship. Moreover, it was Seohyun who did it. You know well how she is toward men, right?”

Changmin doesn’t say anything. He’s trying to absorb things that his best friend said.

“Hyung, have you say sorry to her?” Jonghyun asks, this time in a serious tone.

“Not yet, Jjong. I haven’t had the time to say sorry, because she always cut my phone even before I finish talking and she refuses to meet me. I don’t know what to do.”

“Then go to her place now. She’s at the dorm right now, right hyung?” this time Minho gives him a solution. He actually feels bad for his hyung.

“What do you mean Minho? I come to her dorm, and what should I do?”

“Oh God Shim Changmin why are you so stupid? Of course you come to their dorm to say your sorry and to say you love her! Make it up with her before she ends your relationship. Because if it’s happen, then I’ll gladly replace you and shower him with my love.” Kyuhyun giving him his solution but end up earn a smack in the head from Changmin.

“No it won’t happen Cho Kyuhyun. She is mine and no one can replace me including you.” Changmin said while smirking at his best friend.

“Then what are you waiting for hyung?” Minho and Jonghyun become unpatient with their stupid leader.

“Okay then I guess I have to leave first. Wish me luck guys!” Changmin stand up and ready to go to SNSD’s dorm.

“Hyung fighting!”

“Changminnie fighting or I’ll steal Joohyun from you!” Kyuhyun said in a loud voice while laughing.

Minho and Jonghyun are laughing. “Geez hyung, get over it.”

***

 

“I’m coooomiiiinggg” Yoona said in a loud voice when she heard the non-stop door bell ringing. “Oh God can you be a little bit patient?? Oh wow Changmin oppa, what are you doing here?” Yoona’s a little surprise with the appearance of Changmin in front of their dorm.

“I’m looking for Joohyun. She’s inside right, Yoong?” Changmin asks her while trying to take a peek on inside the dorm.

“Err, no oppa, she’s not here. Now you better go, it’s almost midnight.” Yoona answer him while trying to push him of their dorm.

“Hey hey relax Yoong, what’s wrong with you? You hide her somewhere right? I know she’s inside.”

“No oppa, she’s not here. She’s at her house now so you –“ Yoona’s word cut off by the voice of none other than Seohyun. “Unnie who is it? What took you so long, Sooyoung unnie has been waiting for….”

Seohyun can’t continue her words when she saw the man in front of the door. The man she’s avoiding for the past 2 weeks. “Oh oppa… what are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for you Joohyunie.” He gives Yoona a look to make her leave them alone.

“Alright okay, I leave both you alone. But oppa! I warn you to not make our maknae sad or cry or else, you don’t wanna know the risk.” Yoona said in a menacing tone. “I got Yoong don’t worry.”

Now that Seohyun and Changmin just together in the living room, they don’t know what to say. Silent envelope them and it’s really awkward.

“So oppa..” “Joohyunie..” They said in unison again.

“Err you go first oppa.”

“No, you talk first Joohyunie.”

“No oppa, you first. I insist.” Seohyun said while looking at him straight in the eyes. Changmin doesn’t know why but his heart feel like wanted to explode. I wonder if she’s still mad at me. Please don’t mad at me baby, I don’t want you to avoid me any longer.

“Okay then… Seohyunnie, I come here tonight, to say I’m sorry. I’m really sorry baby.”

“Eh? Sorry? Sorry for what oppa? You didn’t do anything wrong?” Seohyun looks at her with her beautiful eyes and that makes Changmin’s heart thumps louder.

“Sorry for the last time we met. Sorry for saying ‘thank you’ instead of –“

“Forget it oppa, it’s a.. it’s okay, really. It’s not a big deal.” Seohyun cut his word. She doesn’t want to remember that embarrassing moment again. That’s why she has been avoiding him ever since that night because she wants to forget that moment.

“But it is a big deal Seohyunie. Ever since that day, you’ve been avoiding me, and now you say that it’s not a big deal?”

“Because it IS not a big deal oppa. I – I already forget it, so just don’t blame yourself anymore.” Seohyun said in a calm tone but she now turn her face, not wanting to look at him.

“Seohyuna look at me please…” Changmin ask her while holding her hand. When she look at his face, Changmin take a deep breath and say the word he want to say in one go.

“SeohyunIloveyousomuchimsorryifImakeyouwaitforaverylongtimebutreallyIloveyousomuch.”

Seohyun blinks her eyes. She couldn’t comprehend what he just said. “What are you saying Changmin oppa? I don’t understand… Would you slower please?”

Again, Changmin took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. “Seohyuna.. I love you so much. I really love you. I’m sorry to make you wait for a long time to say this word. I’m sorry because I said ‘thank you’ instead of ‘I love you too’, I’m sorry. I was too shy to say the word to you and because I’m too selfish. I thought that it doesn’t matter for me not to say that because I’ll always try to show you how much I love you with my action. I’m too selfish to understand that you’ve been waiting for me to say the word. I’m sorry baby, I –“ Changmin doesn’t finish his word when he feel Seohyun’s lips on his cheek.

“You're talking too much oppa.” Seohyun look at her while giggling. “I love you too, Changmin oppa.” She’s now covering her face that warm and red.

Changmin smiles widely. He never know that being able to say the word love to his beautiful girlfriend would feel so good. He then takes her hand from her face and look into her eyes.

“Will you forgive this stupid man for not saying ‘I love you’ during our 10 months relationship?”

“Silly oppa. I am never mad at you. Being with you is enough for me.”Seohyun said with a big smile on her face that makes her look even more beautiful.

“Thank you baby. My Seohyunie…” He then pull her into his embrace, smiling contently. “I love you so much baby.”

Seohyun giggles and snuggles her head in his chest. “Say it again, oppa.”

Changmin lets out a small laugh. “I can say it to you million times. I can say it to you forever.”

Seohyun eyes’ widen and he pulls out from his hug, looking into his handsome face. "Forever?"

Changmin nods. “Yes baby, forever. I love you so much, I love you so much, I love you, I love you, I love you…” Changmin slowly leaning his face to her and kiss her lovingly. They smile between the kiss, happy that they finally can say the word naturally. They are about to deepen the kiss when the heard someone’s cough followed by a loud scream.

“YAH CHANGMIN OPPA WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR MAKNAAAEEEE???”

They broke the kiss. While Seohyun laughing in embarrassment, Changmin just silent before retort back. “TAEYEONAAAH WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN THE MOMENT???”

Seohyun’s laugh louder. Finally the day has come, when she and her Changmin oppa say ‘I love you’ to each other. And did he promise her forever?

Seohyun just smile. I like the idea of forever if it means forever being with him.