To The Beautiful You : The Long Goodbye - Part 6

To The Beautiful You : The Long Goodbye

 

For the first time, in their short sleeping history together, Tae Joon and Jae Hee woke up smiling at each other.

image

 

No one ended up on the floor, no one woke up alone and no one jumped out of bed in alarm.

That morning, Jae Hee opened eyes to a softly smiling Tae Joon, who was tickling her nose softly with the edge of the comforter in a bid to wake her up.

Tae Joon had woken at the break of dawn. His internal clock, telling him that he has to wake up early and not lose any more second with Jae Hee.

In the course of the night, their positions changed again – ending with Tae Joon holding her tight in his arms.

And for reasons he could not fathom, Kang Tae Joon woke up with a sense of peace that morning. The sense of apprehension no longer in his heart.

image

 

True, he felt a pang of sadness, looking at Jae Hee’s sweet sleeping face, knowing she will be taken away from him for a duration he himself cannot foretell. But he somehow had a strong feeling that it will be just that - a temporary separation that will one day end with them being together as stronger, more matured partners, who would be ready to take the world head on and their relationship to the next step.

At the very least, as a short term measure, he could save money to go for her prom. Knowing what high regards his oboeji have for Jae Hee, Tae Joon knew that getting his father’s permission to go to America would be relatively easy.

Speaking of oboeji, Tae Joon was surprised to find a reply email from him one day, asking how Jae Hee was doing and asked for Tae Joon to look after 'her' properly. Even oboeji knew? Knowing his father’s meticulous ways, he doubt that the email was a typo.

Again on aboeji, would Tae Joon even be thinking of his father in this positive light if not for this girl in his arms.

In the short while that she was here, she managed to  make him come to terms with the people around him - turning them into worthy individuals in his life.

- From a stranger of a father to a much loved oboeji

image

 

- From an easily discarded coach to a respected mentor

image

 

- From a childhood friend to an adored doengseng

image

 

- From a so-called rival to a trusted ally; and

image

 

- From an invisible classmate to a much needed friend.

image

 

He had led a comatose existence before she came, and now a new breath of life has been blown into him.

He had always been a loner, and a sad one at that. But now he was a stronger and happier person because of the family and friends he decided to welcome into his heart.

And that was all, in Tae Joon’s eyes, Jae Hee’s doing.

And whether near or far, he knew she would continue to be his savior and protector.

And he vowed to be the same for her.

“Good morning,” Tae Joon smiled down at his girlfriend. After about half an hour simply and contentedly watching her sleep, Tae Joon decided to wake Jae Hee up. As much as he loved looking at a sleeping Jae Hee, he preferred an awake animated Jae Hee instead.

image

 

“Good morning,” she arched her back, trying to stretch the sleep stiffness away – oblivious to how seductive the move was to her partner.

“What do you want to do today?” He said brushing her tousled hair away from her face, thinking how effortlessly y she was, even as a budding teenager.

“Hmmm, I don’t know? Let’s just stay in,” she smiled sleepily at him.

Oh, what a gorgeous sight to wake up to, looking up at Tae Joon’s worry-free smiling face. I can seriously get used to this, Jae Hee thought silently.

She suddenly blushed at how suggestive her words were in memory of last night’s tryst, coupled with the thought that just ran in her head.

“Wei..?” her devilish boyfriend lifted his eye brows in question. “What’s going on in that little head of yours?”

“Ani, nothing,” Jae Hee shook her head, guiltily.

“Uhuh….” Tae Joon answered unconvinced. “Well, in that case … can I just help you find something to think about, then?” he grinned suggestively.

“Mwo?” Jae Hee could not breath, could not think, with the beautiful man looming above her.

All she could do was stare at his pretty red lips – that was slowly descending towards hers.

Slow….excruciatingly slow…

Her head suddenly shot up, to plant a kiss first.

image

 

Her sudden move, however, caught Tae Joon off guard - so much so, that he fell back on the bed, in a fit of laughter.

He turned slightly to scoop her up and pulled her on top of him.

“Chincha, you are too cute,” he laughed, hugging her close.

Jae Hee blushed profusely, hiding her face on his hard chest, not knowing what came over her.

But Tae Joon did not allow her to be shy too long.

He continued where they left of the night before, starting by kissing her thoroughly and intimately, before proceeding to memorize her shape with his hands. It was as if he was trying to store as much memory ammunition to last them throughout their impending separation,

Perhaps it was an in built genealogy in humans, or men in general, but Jae Hee thought Tae Joon had somehow managed to gain an overnight experience in making out - making them both breathless and wanting more after mere minutes of coupling.

They were, however, saved from the old monk-like Tae Joon, who broke them apart and suggested they eat breakfast in bed instead.

So, they stayed cuddled up together watching television and having a breakfast of bread dunked in a 3-in-1 chocolate drink they made – simply enjoying their closeness and quiet times together.

image

Then, since they had a few more hours to check out time, the two lovebirds explored the hotel lobby and  decided to go swimming at its Olympic sized swimming pool – buying the cheapest swim suits available at the lobby store.

“They say the less cloth use, the cheaper the garment,” she , holding up a ridiculously tiny Speedo she found.

“Ditto,” Tae Joon reciprocated, holding a skimpy pair of bikini in front of her.

“Aisshh…” was her only answer, picking up a modest one piece ensemble instead.

After doning their purchases at their respective changing rooms, they met at the pool, with towels covering their modesty.

Tae Joon started to tease Jae Hee of how incredible it was that her chlorine allergy has been cured; but as she pulled her towel away, he stopped mid way at the sight of her lanky yet curvy body moulded in the one-piece suit - the simple dark blue colour, a complimentary contrast to her flawless fair skin – inducing Tae Joon to reenact his infamous salivy-gulping actions.

image

Jae Hee simply stuck her tongue out at her boy friend, again clueless to the hormonally-charges thoughts running through Tae Joon’s mind, and dived straight into the pool.

Laughing at the cold pool water and surfacing from her jump, Jae Hee excitedly called out to Tae Joon to join  her – but like Tae Joon earlier, was silenced by the image of teenage perfection standing above her on the swimming pool ledge – grinning down at her like Lucifer incarnated.

image

Unlike Jae Hee’s choice of the modest one-piece suit, Tae Joon did pick Jae Hee’s earlier choice of the red Speedo, just to spite her.

In fact, she heard a few appreciative gasps and comments from noonas and hyungs alike in the pool behind her.   

You have done well, Jae Hee thought, patting herself on the back of her choice of ‘idol turned boy friend’. No wonder Soel Ha Na and the fans go crazy after this boy.

But looks and physique aside, Jae Hee was happier with the knowledge that underneath the superficial cool image, Tae Joon was the most intelligent and gifted, as well the sweetest, most sensitive and protective, person one could hope for in one’s life.

While at first Kang Tae Joon was a vision of inspiration to her, akin to the many entertainment, business or sports idol one may have, his injury served as a grim reminder that Tae Joon was just another person, and a 16-year old person at that.

She did not know the initial cause of Tae Joon not able to jump, but Jae Hee did not want the fact to be prolong and thought it was her duty to help him get back to his feet.

And as they say, the rest was history. And while she claimed that he was her miracle, he accepted that she was his.

The happy couple stayed frolicking in the water for a good hour and a half – a vision innocence and beauty that was the cause of envy and admiration to those who observed them.

Later, they went back to their room to shower and silently pack their belongings.

image

All too soon, they were ready to leave for the airport.

“Are we all packed?” Tae Joon asked softly.

“Neh,” Jae Hee answered sadly.

He took her by the hand and they slowly took a last look at the abode they have been calling home for the past 2 days - a refuge where they got reacquainted; a sanctuary where their future was planned; and a safe haven where their bodies and souls connected.

Then, they looked at each, smiling softly, and with the click of the door, Tae Joon and Jae Hee walked silently down the hotel aisle, tugging their bags and luggage behind them. 

 image

 - End of Part 6 -