{ one

Into Your World

 

Orderly. Organized. Just a few words to describe how it was like living under the roof of the Choi household. Everything had to be in accordance to a strict schedule, from waking up to studying or going out.


Yeseul was used to this kind of lifestyle, and having a butler didn’t change one thing about it. Her life became even firmer with her butler constantly reminding her about her scheduled meetings, what to accomplish on that certain day and other important things her parents tell her to do.

A Monday like any other, Yeseul was up just a little bit before 7AM. At exactly 7, Kris the butler comes in her room with a breakfast tray with food from every food group. While Yeseul is eating, Kris will dictate her schedule for that day. Any question will be answered right after. Yeseul will get up from bed at 7:30 and prepare for her morning bath while Kris will prepare her things for school.

It was just another Monday. Or so Yeseul thinks. Someone knocked on the door. Kris opened the door and announced the arrival of her father, in her own bedroom. She just rolled her eyes. What is up with this formality?

“Yeseul dear, I’m sure Kris told you about the important dinner with the Kim family tonight,” Mr. Choi went on. Yeseul just nodded while half listening. “It’s a very important dinner so I would like you to be at your most presentable and behaved demeanor later, okay? That is all. See you later.” And the father left.

“Mister Minseok left you a message earlier,” said Kris in a nonchalant tone. She stopped and looked back at Kris. “He said he will be picking you up later after school and treat you to afternoon tea before going to the dinner.”

“ Please tell him to be at school at around 4,” she replied. Kris nodded and went out of the room.

Yeseul just sighed out of frustration. She was tired of having to comply with all of these plans that were arranged for her. She just wanted to do something she wants for a change. She didn’t really choose to be born in this family or to be the heir of a big company. And having a butler like Kris wasn’t really helping her at all.

She realized she was late by a few minutes because of all of this thinking. She hurried off and took a bath quickly to catch up to the timetable for that Monday.

--

Yooji swears she can feel the coldness seeping through her body. Maybe it was the side effect of the alcohol (wasn't she supposed to be warm then?), or maybe it was the fact that her blanket was being pulled down by---

"Yah!" She shouted and struggled to sit up on her bead, slightly losing balance because she's still kind of suffering from a major hangover. "Yah, Park Chanyeol!!"

The butler swiftly went to her side and made sure that she doesn't fall. "Easy there."

"I'm going to kill you Chanyeol. I want to sleep." Yooji says and pushes him off. She makes an attempt to grab her blanket from the tall butler but fails because Chanyeol is holding the blanket and Yooji doesn't even have the energy to stand up and get it. "I hate you." 

Chanyeol smiled, teeth showing. "I'm pretty sure about that but please, madam. You're going to be late for class if you don't get ready now."

Yooji just wants to rip off that smile from his face because it's making her dizzy. "Don't want." She slumps back to her bed and hugs her pillow. "I feel dizzy. I can't go to school like this."

"Glad to know you're aware of your situation right now. Anyway I had Tao prepare some medicines to help your hangover go away so--"

"Don't waaaaant." She says through her pillow. 

Chanyeol frowned. He turned off the air conditioner, walked towards the curtain and pulled them up so the room would be brighter. He also opened the windows so the fresh morning breeze would enter the room. "If you don't get out of bed right now I will literally drag you to the bath room."

The door creaked opened and Tao entered, holding a tray. "Chanyeol-hyung, here's the medicine you asked for-" He saw Yooji slumped on her bed. "Oh, is the princess still not awake?"

"She's awake but doesn't want to get out of bed."
"But she's going to be late."

"I told her that already but she's--"

Yooji finally sat up again, and she really feels pissed. "Fine, fine I'm up now so will both of you stop talking, please?" She says, putting heavy emphasis on the last word. When she looked at her butlers who were standing beside her bed, they have smiles on their faces and Yooji wants to smack them both. Chanyeol hands her a towel and she gets it, storming off to the bathroom. 

Why did she agree to have butlers again?

--

It was a nice Monday morning with the sun shining through the grand glass window indicating a brand new day. It was the perfect time to wake up to the sweet tunes of birds chirping about outside; but not for this certain person on a couch. Another person was shaking him violently. The person on the couch just turned in response.

“Yah, wake up. Do you want the lady to see you like this?” He was still shaking him with a frightened look on his face.

“Stop your worrying, Kyungsoo. She won’t be up in another hour,” he replied in a sleepy voice and turned away from the frantic person trying to wake him up. "And I'm still struggling to make my Gabumon evolve to Garurumon so please..."

“What are you, five? What kind of dream is that?" Kyungsoo sighed. He lost all hope in waking up his fellow butler. "Just be sure to wake up in 30 minutes before the lady wakes up.” He just mumbled something in return.

“Too late.” A girl still in her nightgown was leaning on the doorframe of the room. She had her arms crossed and raised an eyebrow. 

“Good morning, Lady Jikyung.” Kyungsoo faced the lady and bowed. 

“Good morning Kyungsoo. Please get breakfast ready. Thank you,” she smiled and Kyungsoo obediently went off in a rush.

“Good morning Jongin.” Jikyung walked towards the couch. Jongin was already up, fixing his tie and smoothing out his crumpled dress shirt.

“Good morning lady.” He bowed.

“Are you well? If you aren’t, I can send for a doctor.”

“I’m feeling fine, thank you lady,” Jongin replied.

“If you’re sleepy, you can go to your quarters and sleep there. You wouldn’t want the head butler to see you dozing off here.”

“It’s okay, lady. I’m sorry.”

“Just don’t get caught,” Jikyung grinned and before walking out of the room she looks at him with a sly grin. "And next time make sure it evolves to Garurumon."

Jongin facepalms in embarrassment.

--

Suho grudgingly walked faster as he neared the mansion’s biggest bedroom. It was supposed to be a peaceful Monday morning, but then he heard a scream waking him out of his senses. He stops by a huge door and is hesitating to go in at first because the princess might scold him but he doesn’t really care, so he opens it.

"Princess Seolhee, are you alright—“

The ‘princess’ sharply looked at him with worried eyes for a moment, but then it turned into an emotionless kind of stare. "I'm...fine."

He looked at the princess, who was gripping the sheets and her pillow tight. Suho wasn't quite convinced. 
"Are you sure? Did you have another nightmare again?"

She didn't answer. Instead she faced the window, letting the strong winds play with her long, brown locks. Suho (surprisingly) finds the view beautiful, if it wasn't for the troubled expression on her face.

"Do you want--"

“I'm fine. “ Seolhee looks back and smiles. It’s forced, he thinks. “You can leave. I'm going down in a few so tell Baekhyun to get the car ready."

The butler wanted to protest but he knows that it won't do any good if he argues with her any further. So after bowing, he silently made his way out.

“Suho?” Seolhee suddenly calls out which halts him to a stop.

“Yes, princess?”

“I’m sorry. I didn't mean to scream.” She looked really sorry, and Suho can’t help but feel bad. He gave her a reassuring smile. “It’s alright. Just tell me and Baekhyun if you need anything more. We’re just downstairs.”

He headed to kitchen to find his fellow butler amusing himself with his cup of coffee. "Good morning." 
Baekhyun said, looking up at him. “You look troubled.”

He sighed and sat down across Baekhyun. "She’s having nightmares again. I asked her if she’s okay but she doesn’t tell me anything.”

"You fail as a butler then."

"Way to go Baekhyun, thanks for cheering me up." Suho tells him in a flat voice.

"I was joking." Baekhyun laughed and poured a cup of coffee for his hyung. "Whatever's causing her nightmares, it’s not something for us to pry about. Maybe you just give her more time so she'll tell us what's happening to her. It's understandable, hyung. We're just new."

Suho silently agrees, but his conscience doesn’t stop bothering him.

“And why do you care so much, hyung? I thought you don’t like being her butler?”

That question earns Baekhyun a slice of bread in the face.