Can You Be My Barbie?

Can You Be My Barbie?

You just dressed the mannequin with a white beautiful strapless dress, that dress was especially designed for Jessica Jung. How beautiful it was. You never had this kind of dress. Who were you? you were just an employer in ‘Barbie Dress Shop’. You couldn’t effort money to buy it.

 

”Have you done make the dress and suit?”

”Yes, sir. I’ve just sent the suit to Yunho-ssi already, and the dress is on the mannequin in the fitting room. Should I send it to Jessica-ssi right now?”

 

Some costume designers and make-up artists from SM Entertainment were a little busy to prepare everything for the ‘2012 Ken & Barbie Award’ that night.

The one who would be Ken was no other than Jung Yunho from TVXQ. Mean while the Barbie was Jung Jessica from Girls Generation.

No one denied that Yunho was very handsome and deserved to get the award for resembling of Ken doll.

And of course Jessica was really pretty to be the Barbie, she even ever sang the Image Song of ’Barbie Girl’ in ”Into The New World” first Asia Tour with her members of Girls Generation.

You knew them, how couldn’t you? They always order some suits and dress here. Since then we all, the employers were getting along to them.

”You don’t have to, Jessica will come here one hour later.”

”Oh, okay.”

“_____-ah, prepare the dress, Jessica-ssi will come here in an hour.” The owner of your workplace asked me.

“Yes, Mrs. Yong.” You nodded as headed to the fitting room.

If you could wear it, did you look like Barbie? Definitely no right?

Or were you Cinderella who was given this dress, glass shoes, beautiful jewelries by a magic power?

You giggled imagining it. As if it was possible though.

 

 

“____-ah, could you sent that dress to Girls Generation’s Apartment?”

“Why? Does Jessica-ssi not come here?”

“Yes, she has something to be done. Could you?”

“Of course.”

You packed the dress into the big paper bag, and ran to a cab.

Without hesitation, you rang the bell of their apartment.

“Wait a minute.” Someone shouted from inside.

The door opened and revealed one of Girls Generation’s members, Tiffany.

“Oh, _____. Come in. Come in.” She said cheerfully and pulled you into the apartment.

“So, where is Jessica unni?” You asked as placed the paper bag on the sofa.

“That’s the problem.” She flicked her fingers.

“What do you mean unni?”

“Jessica can’t attend the award tonight. She went to hospital because her family was hospitalized this afternoon.”

“So, this dress’ wasted then.”

“NO, Ah, _____-ah, you know we are like family right? Could you be a replacement of her?”

Even though they treated you like a sister, but in this condition, should you?

“What? NO WAY!”

“Yah, why?”

“It’s not my place unni, since I was no one, one of you can be it.”

“We have other schedule Jihyun.” She reminded you as if you knew it though.

“You know, SONE will get mad at me, even Yunsica shipper will skin me alive or whole Korean people will kill me.” You crossed your hands in front of your chest.

She chuckled, “do you believe there is that couple?”

“No.” You mumbled hesitatingly. “You are exaggerating.”

“So you should do it for us, _____.” Tiffany held your hand and showed her puppy eyes. Damn.

“SM will make an announcement about it. You don’t have to worry.”

“If one of you go to the award, it won’t be a matter but If I go, it will be. I am no one unni, I am not SM artist. It will make a sense you know. “

“No.” she shook her head frequently.

“Why is it not Krystal-ssi?”

“She has to attend a magazine’s interview tonight.”

“What should I do to make you do it? Ah, you want an original album ‘Catch Me’ with signature huh? Or should I ask Jaejoong to come to the shop, have lunch may be.”

She used a ‘status’ of yours as Cassiopeia and Jaejoong biased to help them, argh.. yeah, they already knew that you were Cassiopeia, even you were not into a hardcore fan or as you all could say ‘sasaeng fan’, but you really like DBSK, as five. And your ultimate bias is hottie Jaejoong ^^

“Jaejoong-ssi won’t come unni.” you giggled knowing that Jaejoong wasn’t a person who wasn’t busy with all his schedules overbroad.

Yeah, even though DBSK was separated into two, Homin and JYJ, you knew that Homin and others SM artists were still in contact with JYJ secretly.

 

 

It had been 2 hours you two argued it, but you were still with your decision, you wouldn’t do that.

The door opened, and Yunho came in.

“How is she?” he asked as took off the suit.

“_____ still doesn’t want to do it.” Tiffany answered as looking at you with her sad yet fierce eyes,

It’s not my fault unni.. ><

“____-ah, can you come with me?” he asked you with gentle tone that you were sure every girl would melt hearing it.

“Oppa. No.” you shook your head.

“You just walk beside me and receive the award, may be give some speech. Ah, no you just keep silent. I take your part to deliver the speech then.”

“It will be a BIG problem oppa. On naver, daum, kakaotalk, UFO, twitter, facebook, television, newspaper, radio, anywhere. No no no.”

“If you agree now, I will call SM to make an announcement about it. Don’t you fell sorry to the staff of the award if Jessica can’t attend and can’t give her the award?”

“No. they can give it in symbolic”

“Aish, you are so stubborn.”

“It’s not about money, or anything but responsibility oppa.” You mumbled, it’s just making you frustrated.

How couldn’t it be?

There was no rain, no storm even no tornado, but suddenly you were given this place in front of many people, aired on television.

Oh my God, you even did have stage fever since you were in elementary school.

 

You just sat in front of the big mirror examining this dress that wrapped on yourbody. You sighed, after the argument, you gave up and agreed to be the replacement.

“Look, you are so beautiful.” Taeyeon said as applied an eyeliner carefully.

“Don’t be nervous, Yunho oppa will be beside you huh.” Yoona reminded you and curled your brownish black hair.

“Ah, it’s done.” Tiffany shouted happily, “I wonder you don’t have a boyfriend yet.”

“I don’t think about it yet, unni.”

“You are still 20 Jihyun-ah, you have to feel your youngster time.”

“As if you do that too.”

It made you all laughed loudly together.

 

 

“Are you ready?” Yunho asked you as opened the audi’s door.

“Oppa, can we go home?”

He chuckled, “you can’t. it will be alright. Everyone, reporters, staffs, fans already knew about this. Just be calm ne?”

Flashes camera made you feel so glowing, all of reporters took your pictures every second. There was no time to run away as Yunho held your hand tightly.

“Woah, she is so glowing, beautiful.”

“Who is she?”

“She is as pretty as Jessica.”

“What’s her name?”

“Is she a trainee of SM?”

“Thank you for coming. May Jung Yunho and Park Jihyun come to the stage.”

You and Yunho walked to the stage, somehow you felt secure with his hold. You felt sure this event will be fine.

“Jihyun, don’t stare on the floor.” He whispered to you realizing all time you couldn’t stare at anyone because of nervousness.

He rubbed you forehand with his thumb to make sure you would be okay with him.

“This is the third time we held this award. For  this year, we have a new Ken and Barbie. Let us call, Jung Yunho from Dong Bang Shin Ki as Ken and Jessica Jung from Seo Nyeoh Shi Dae as Barbie. “ The MC announced it, and it made you felt more nervous. You would be in front of many people tonight.

“Thank you for the award. Here I am as representative of Jessica-ssi will thank you all for giving this great award to us. It’s honor receiving this one. And as you all know, tonight Jessica-ssi can’t attend here because of some errands, so this lady who stand up beside me replace her, not because of negative purpose but to respect this award. Thank you very much.” Yunho explained as held your hand slightly.

Cassiopeia will kill me! You cursed yourself in your mind.

 

After receiving the award, you and Yunho went to the car and headed to go home, but…

“Oppa. Where are we going?” you asked him as you knew that this way wasn’t the way to DBSK or SNSD’s apartment, your house, your workplace, even SM building.

“Ah, since you already agreed to come with me, I have to give you a treat.” He grinned.

“Well…” you mumbled confused, but saw a fancy restaurant in front of the car stopped.

“Oppa.”

“I’m hungry, you too right?”

“It’s not a date right?”

“If you say so..” he laughed, “Ah, Jaejoong will get mad at me.” He teased you.

“Yah..”

“Come on.” He pulled you outside and grabbed your hand to the restaurant.

“Oppa, there is no reporter or sasaeng right?” you asked him while walking tiptoed behind him.

“Don’t worry.”

 

You couldn’t describe anything about that night. But one thing you were sure that you were so happy spending that night with him. Having dinner, playing in the playground, talking and laughing randomly. It was such a normal date.

 

“Jihyun, read this news paper.” One of your work partners handed in a news paper. On the cover page. There was a big photo of you two in the playground laughing.

 

-Jung Ken & Park Barbie are dating?-

 

After attending the ‘2012 Ken & Barbie Award’ last night, some reporters caught them dating in restaurant and playground. It seemed like they were so close as they didn’t look so awkward each other.

It just make issues about them, some netizens commented many negative things, but half other said they are just friend since our Park Barbie is not an artist, SM’s trainee, or even his relative, they know each other along with SNSD, she is just an employer of ‘Barbie Dress Shop that most of Girls Band ordered their dresses there.

“I think they are not dating, but I doubt Yunho-ssi doesn’t feel anything towards her.”

“If they are together, I hope that girl is safe.”

“Don’t dare to take our Yunho from us!!”

There is no confirmation about the issue, Jung Yunho doesn’t comment anything as Park Jihyun doesn’t either.

If they are dating, it’s possible that the award was used for the explanation to us.

 

 

Reading that article made you as frustrated as hell.

You never thought that it would be this horrible.

“Jihyun, call from Yunho-ssi.” Your friend gave you a phone.

“Oppa..”

“Jihyun, have you knew it already?”

“Yes, what should we do? Your fans will attack me.”

“Just let it be. It’s normal there is an issue like that. You know about Yunsica, Yunra, YunBoa rumors right? It’s like that, so overflowing but will be down after some weeks. Trust in me.”

“But what if it’s getting worse?”

“Don’t think too much. I will handle it. Ara?”

“I’ve told you yesterday, it’s not the right thing to do. Aish.. Don’t do anything that damages you.”

He chuckled, “Okay, I will.”

“What the.. he can still be like that in this situation.” You said in your mind but smiled imagining him chuckling.

“ARGH, Jaejoong oppa, I won’t cheat on you.” you shouted like a freaking crazy.

 

Day by day, just like Yunho said, the issue will be down. But you were still afraid, because there is still fan who disturbed you every day. And of course, past one week Yunho always went to your work place, he said that to make sure you were safe, but it’s not an excuse since many fans assumed you two were dating.

“Oppa, can you not come again?”

“You don’t want me to be here?” he pouted.

“It’s not like that, but it’s for your sake oppa. You are in trouble now.”

“We are. Aish..” he rubbed his head unpleasantly.

“Why can’t you understand?”

“Understand on what?”

“Nothing.” He sat on the desk beside the fitting room.

“Oppa, here chocolate blinded ice.” You gave him a cup of chocolate and walked away.

“Jihyun, sit here.” You looked at him with –why-would-I- look, but he patted the desk beside him frequently. You two just sat in silent, you wondered what happened to this guy suddenly. Was he okay? You became worried.

 

 

You were still confused why Changmin called you to wear the dress you wore at Ken & Barbie Award, but you still did that.

“What am I doing here? There is no one.”

At the same playground you were with Yunho last time. But something’s changed, even you weren’t aware what it was yet.

“Aish, I’m not going to do this again, it’s embarrassing.” You heard someone mumbling.

“Changmin oppa?”

“Hi Jihyun-ah, you are already here. Wait a minute, he will be here.” Changmin smiled sheepishly making you felt more uncomfortable.

“Who do you mean?”

“Your knight in shining amour.” He laughed as walked away leaving you dumbfounded.

You stood up around the swing and found a piece of paper on it,

 

 

 

 

“Jung Ken?”

“Jihyun-ah, can you be my Barbie?”

You turned back to look for who owner the voice was.

“Oppa. Yunho oppa..”

“Jihyun, can you?”

“What.. what do you mean oppa?”

“Jihyun, since the day I came into the shop you work, I have eyes on you. The award event, I asked Jessica to make you replace her.”

“Do you mean that Jessica unnie couldn’t attend because of it?”

“No, I just suggest them to make you to be her replacement that night, and they agreed. I want to see you in that dress. You look so beautiful, even you wear casual clothes you are so glowing. It’s not that I become cheesy, but I say the truth, what I feel toward you. Can you be my Barbie not only for a night but every night? forever?”

“Oppa, it’s so sudden, I don’t know what to say… I.. can you give me time?”

“I will give you time.” He said smiling, but you could felt behind the smile there was feeling of sad and disappointed, “But I’m really happy hearing it.” You smiled and hugged him tightly, feeling his warm scene.

“If it’s possible, I don’t mind our relationship is kept as our secret. So you can’t be bothered by those issues.” You mumbled.

He suddenly pulled away from your hug, “do you mean that?”

“I want to make sure that my feeling toward you deeper than I think, so give me a time.”

“I love you, my barbie.” He kissed your forehead and hugged you tightly not wanting to let you go.

Instead of answering his confession, you asked him, “how about your fans?”

“I’ve explained my feeling on SM facebook last night.” He grinned putting his hand on your head.

“WHAT? HOW COME I DIDN’T KNOW? CASSIOPEIA WILL KILL ME OPPA.”

He laughed and kissed your cheek. “Aigo~”

 

-End-