Step Six

How To: Get Rid of A Stripper

 

#6; You give him a test

 

   

 

 

"What are you doing?" crouched low in a very tasteless position, Yoona hisses.

 

"I'm trying to make this less awkward for the both of us." stationed at the cramped corner of the tiny bathroom, Jongin hisses back. 

 

"The only way you can make this less awkward is to turn back and close your eyes."

 

"Oh. Right." He heeds her advice and faces the wall. Analyzing the patterns and figures  on the marble tiles, Jongin hears the sound of jeans ping and it's the fact that he knows what she's going to do that makes his ears and cheeks blush red. "Wait! Wait!"

 

"What is it? We need to hurry up; just so you know, trying to squeeze myself inside mini-stalls isn't my idea of a good time." 

 

"It's not mine, either. But listen to me, we can never be too sure. What if you really are pregnant by some guy you've banged? I might lose my job because of you so let me do that." He keeps on fumbling on the words that flitters out of his lips. 

 

Yoona's head jerks upward. She tries to formulate a witty remark that could sum up Jongin's stupidity. Doesn't he know her? The only banging that she'd do would be with pans and pots. She's about as ually active as a chair (but then again, chairs get a lot of asses). Interruption to her supposed-to-be-long speech occurs when Jongin turns to her (with eyes closed, thank God).

 

"Just give me that box, will you?" He whimpers, squirming in place like a schoolboy about to wet his pants.

 

The girl with a pained expression on her face presumes that never (in a million years) can she imagine herself being in a situation like this. Time is gold, she decides, and the faster they get out of here to shove the truth into Wu Fan, the better. Standing up and fixing her clothes, she steps closer to Jongin and hands over the half-opened box quickly as if it's hot metal that would burn her skin if she doesn't let go. 

 

There's mutual silence when Jongin opens the box and exposes the unholy death gadget in the form of a white stick. The both of them remained stoic for a while, as if the tester is going to jump off Jongin's tight grip and slip down the floor.

 

"You know, I can do it if you can't." Jongin shatters the dead air. He seems to be talking to himself.

 

"You can do it." She hopes that it sounded the least bit reassuring. 

 

Taking a deep breath, Jongin staggers away and s his pants. Being completely curious and geeky by nature, Yoona eyes Jongin's back. Her inscisors skims over her lips. She's trying to muffle a laugh caused by the sight in front of her.

 

A stripper taking a pregnancy test.

Inside the stuffy bathroom of a stip joint.

While the other strippers are patiently waiting in another room.

All of this is happening in front of her.

 

No one would have been able to blame her when she bursts into a fit of giggles. Jongin shivers and he zips his jeans, washes his hands and he waits. Taking a test isn't something that he'd like to do everyday but it's a blessing in disguise. He's trying to stall talking to Yoona about the 'incident' that happened earlier. With a blanket of regret, he wonders what it would have really been like if Wu Fan didn't interrupt them and got punched. Would she laugh it off? Would she get mad and slap him? Would she get weirded out and avoid him? Would she at least feel something? Would she see those fireworks that seemed prevelant in movies?

 

There's a whirlpool of would she have's dancing on the ground of his thoughts. As they wait for the alloted time to pass by, the low hum of nightlife buzzes through the walls. His gaze flickers to her body posessed with laughter and he's thankful for Wu Fan's untimely arrival. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to rush things, they might hinder the plans of fate (yes, he's a firm believer in romance and finding 'the one' for you shindig, as uncanny as it might seem). "Are you done now?"

 

Yoona waves him off and continous giggling. "If it's positive; I don't think I'll be able to live in this planet anymore."

 

"Not like you've done much living." He mutters softly but Yoona heard it and stops.

 

"That's why I'm changing now." She sheepishly replies and it dawns on him how thin their balance is. Yoona and him can never get along fine. Well, maybe they can; but only for a short while. They'll be okay and suddenly, like the edge of a knife perched on a string; something will come along to tip the already-dubious knife offboard, harming either one of them. This is why he shouldn't have kissed her; it'll be like setting off a timebomb.

 

Something that's destined to explode.

 

Her innocence, soft demaneor, trusting ways, independence and love for steady routines would keep on finding its way to clash with his experience, sharp personality, sudden moodswings and passion for the unknown. This knowledge saddens Jongin.

 

Yoona's eyes examine the stick and tries to ignore the unsanitary bowl with its unsanitary contents. "Congratulations! You're not pregnant!''

 

 

♡ ♡ ♡

 

 

She lifts an eyebrow in question when Jongin subtly pushes her away from the sidewalk. From the very moment they left his 'workplace' after showing Wu Fan the stick containing a 'negative' line and walking out into the cold confines of the evening, he's done nothing but sulk as he continously kicks a pebble forward.

 

"I have a habit of being beside the road when a woman is with me. I never let them near the road because I think that if ever a car would swerve off, I should be the one that gets hits first. Plus, I think it's basic gentleman ettiquette." In the soft lights, she could vainly make out his features but she catches the sly smirk on his lips. 

 

"That's nice. What other habits have you got?"  Yoona is smart enough to distract herself with a question because why would she even think of the number of girls he's walked with? Just irrational. Jongin is dumb enough to not detect the mark of jealousy in her tone.

 

"I like playing tricks on people." 

 

"What kind of tricks?" 

 

"You kn--" 

 

It's the holy terror. Don't answer it. Don't answer it. It's the holy terror. Don't answer it. Yoona's ringtone for her mother interferes with Jongin's explaination and he nods his head, urging her to answer it. 

 

"Hello, mom." She answers and Jongin stays quiet beside her, contenting himself with stepping on pebbles and shoving his hands in his pockets as they walk. He listens to the change in Yoona's voice as she talks with her mother. He thinks that she sounds like the typical picture-perfect-favorite-child. A crafty idea wriggles and remains on his mind, prodding him to listen to it. 

 

And he does. 

 

Jongin shifts beside Yoona and he lets out the iest moan that he can, making sure that it's loud enough for the speakers to catch. "Baby, come back to bed." 

 

Yoona glares at him and mouths 'shut up' with eyes wide in panic.  "What was that?" her mom asks.

 

"Nothing, mom. It was just the rowdy couple next door." she defends, covering it up.

 

Jongin huffs loudly, groans, and call out Yoona's name. 

 

"No mom, we must have the same name. They're very noisy, aren't they?''

 

"Darling," Jongin croons, leaning too close for Yoona's liking. He elbows her side harshly and it garners an involuntary groan from Yoona. "I see you like it rough." 

 

"No mom, I just bumped my hip against the desk." 

 

"Be careful and stop bumping against hard things, darling." Jongin whispers to the speaker and pinches her playfully. Thinking that she's hit a dead end, she bursts out a sudden goodbye mom, i love you. talk to you soon and ends the call. Her cheeks are flushed and filled with air when she steps on Jongin's shoes. She gives him a light punch and a succession of kicks on his legs but Jongin continues chuckling and imitating her worried voice when she said 'they're very noisy aren't they? I just bumped my hip."

 

"Shut up! Now, how am I going to explain this to her?"

 

"Darling, I think the groaning was enough explanation for her." He gives her a suggestive wink. And you know how time seems to slow down during a very fast period of time? Looking at Jongin winking and smiling felt that way. Yoona gives him a smile back.

 

 

♡ ♡ ♡

 

"Those two should just get married." Hidden from the street by the trunk of a large tree, Chanyeol lets his telescope hang on its strap around his long neck. 

 

"Yes and we should just go back to the club. I wanted to see Lay and Tao perform!" Baekhyun wails and brushes off the stray leaves  resting on his shoulders. "I know that Jongin didn't perform today but Chanyeol! I was looking forward to Lay's dance number."

 

"Come on, Baek! We can ask them later. Let's just stalk these two some more." Chanyeol answers and widens his eyes; pushing Baekhyun to bite his lips and curse everything from the heaven above to the earth's core because once Chanyeol pulls that face on him, he is ready to climb the highest mountains and sail the most dangerous seas. "Okay fine, let's stalk."

 

 

♡ ♡ ♡

 

"Oh, and before leaving, can I ask you something?" Fingers fiddling with the the edge of his pocket, Jongin crosses them and hopes that she's not going to ask the question he's been dreading to answer.

 

The comfortable motel meant for backpackers and tourists who preferred to go on the cheap way is behind her; if you look past her shoulders. She had decided to stay over here for a night and look go look for a decent place to live in tomorrow.

 

"Go ahead." Contrary to what he looks, he could feel thick blood rushing through his veins and his heart throbbing nervousness into his system. It's third grade and public recitals all over again. Although, Yoona slumping beside the door of a motel is not that mind-boggling; her glare resembles that setting adequately.

 

"Were you trying to kiss me earlier?"

 

"No," He lies. "I was going to headbutt you."

 

 

♠ ♠ ♠

 

Woah./ was this long or / anyway, thanks for the support. comments, subs, votes are really appreciated (; 

silent readers break my heart into pieces /yes, i'm trying to guilt trip you & so far, it's working/

/oh & I'll reply to comments every time I finish a new update/

aren't i kawaii.

iloveyou.