Step Three

How To: Get Rid of A Stripper

 

#3; You get him on edge.

   

 

If there’s one thing in this world that Jongin hated more than people with yellow teeth; it would be people who give him the cold shoulder when he’s done something to agitate them.

 

A few steps ahead, Yoona stomps her feet against the paved street; her clenched fist and hushed words to herself a tell-tale sign that she really is giving Jongin the cold shoulder. His mind reels back three minutes after her boss slammed the door shut in her office earlier. She’d been downright mad then, drooping down before getting herself back to her feet—only to drag Jongin’s sorry half- self into the corner of her office.

 

The large hoodie and baggy gray sweater (that smells of lavender and fresh strawberries) that she’d flung to his direction explains the wacky outfit he’s currently wearing as he avoids the curious stares of the people he happen to pass by.

 

Her enraged state, however, sheds light into the complex battle taking place inside him.

 

 As the sharp wind chills his flesh, Jongin is torn between running up to her to get on his knees and getting down on his own knees to try tearing his heart out to show her how much this treatment affected him. He needs to decide soon, he thinks as he contains the morbid feeling seeping through him that’s encouraging his hands to shake and his breathing hitch to the point where he might have been choking on his own feelings.

 

Jongin chooses the first option and sprints toward her, grabbing and twirling her to his direction.

 

Look, I’m sorry he thinks but ends up uttering “You need to stop being so childish.” It sounds more of a command than a heartfelt apology. Jongin can’t help but to mentally punch himself for that.

 

“Childish? You got me fired from my job by being the freak that you are but you expect me to not react?!” She growls, loud enough for heads around them to turn but seemingly-calm enough for them to not linger. Jongin runs a hand through the length of his hair and Yoona has her arms crossed in front of her. Somehow, these two manage to look like quarrelling lovers rather than new enemies.

 

“Tell me, who’s being childish around here? You who posed on my table or me who just wants to get it through the day?” Her breathing is ragged and she looks like she’s trying her best not to cry. Jongin isn’t taken aback by her hostility, rather; he heaves a sigh of relief because finally, she’s talking to him. His legs don’t feel like jelly anymore.

 

He takes a stride to close the gap between them. Long arms engulf soft flesh, tanned hands guides her head to rest on his shoulder. Warmth trails on places where their skins touch. Eyes slowly but inexorably well up with hot tears and Jongin feels this as liquid slides on his shoulder.  

 

“What am I going to do now? I never knew what I wanted out of my life.” The fabric he’s wearing muffles Yoona’s voice but Jongin still hears. He hears and he understands. Her voice cracks and he feels like they’re not talking about what happened earlier anymore. Jongin isn’t really a professional in the comforting-crying-people department but he tries. He gingerly pats her back, nods his head slightly and tries.

 

If possible, the floodgate opens wider. Crying your heart out in the middle of the street wrapped in the arms of the person who managed to get you fired isn’t really something that happens daily to her. Thinking about it, ever since Jongin; she’s been grasping for steady beams as to not get her life thrown upside-down. She holds on to the make-believe beam but each encounter with Jongin dictates the course of her life wayward.

 

Within a week, Yoona lost her job and somehow got a stripper hot on her tail. She closes her eyes and takes in Jongin and his lemon-ish scent. She just needs to figure out how to get back up on her feet and then get rid of Jongin.

 

Well, one can always make use of what they have.

 

♡ ♡ ♡

 

“What are your talents? Do you have anything you’re particularly good at?” Jongin looks up from his half-empty bowl of noodles.

 

Incisors graze over soft flesh and Yoona thinks. “I can balance a toothpick on my eyelashes for thirty seconds.”   

 

Jongin rolls his eyes and scoffs. “That’s not very job-friendly. Anything else?”

 

Yoona’s eyes roam over her windowsill. Outside, skyscrapers looms high to the point where they look like they’re trying to pierce the clouds. The sky is condensed in a beautiful shade of indigo, marking the beginning of night. She feels like one of those ancient people who used to tell time via the position of the sun. Gradually, the idea of overlaying feathers into dark clouds and tall buildings dawns on her and she can’t wait to get her hands on the computer to transform it into a manipulation—which brings her to the topic at hand.

 

“Graphic Design. I like making graphics.” With a firm tone, she stands up.

 

Jongin stops chewing and covers the newly-bought newspapers containing job advertisements. He’s been sifting through pages inked with strings of numbers and adresses ever since they got back to Yoona’s place. “That should do. Now, we should just look for places that will hire you.”

 

“You haven’t seen my work. How could you be so sure it’s good enough?” She pauses and eyes him with a neutral expression on her face.

 

Yoona thinks that it just might be a play of the light, or it could have just been the way it hit his eyes, or it could have been just his soft voice that got her heart fluttering like a bird’s wing. A thousand of it could have been excuses bounce to and fro the corners of her mind but she knows that her feelings lack rationality as Jongin assures with a smile. “You like doing that. I believe in you and I’m sure that you’d be passionate doing something you like.”

 

It’s as if a blanket of warmth and understanding surrounds these two as Jongin smiles comfortably at Yoona. She shakes it off with her sharp tongue. “Passionate? Like what you are with stripping?”

 

Her comment obviously takes Jongin aback and his eyes turn a bit darker. Jongin isn’t really trying to hide the fact that her remark hit it right where it hurts. And what with Yoona’s crossed arms and raised eyebrows; she isn’t really trying to hide the fact that she’d stand by what she said.

 

Jongin- 1

Yoona- 2

 

 

♠ ♠ ♠

 I'm sorry if it's pretty short and if it might seem half-assed but I just want to post an update (: although this one is rather slow, I'd make it up with the next chapter. I obviously don't know any romantic jobs so I choose graphics design /sobs/ corny. Anyway, I hope you'll like it (: ]